The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"International Space Station videos"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-23-13, 09:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"International Space Station videos"
A while back we had a cool video of a woman (with crazy hair!) giving a very interesting tour of the ISS.

Now we have Canadian astronaut Chris Hadfield doing an experiment sent to him by a couple of high school students.

It is so cool to see the astronauts embracing social media.

Found any other cool ones?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: International Space Station vid... foonermints 04-23-13 1
   RE: International Space Station vid... cahaya 04-24-13 2
       RE: International Space Station vid... foonermints 04-24-13 3
 RE: International Space Station vid... Starshine 04-24-13 4
 RE: International Space Station vid... jbug 04-24-13 5
   RE: International Space Station vid... Molaholic 04-24-13 7
       RE: International Space Station vid... jbug 04-24-13 8
       RE: International Space Station vid... byoffer 04-25-13 11
 RE: International Space Station vid... agman 04-24-13 6
 RE: International Space Station vid... moonbaby 04-25-13 9
 RE: International Space Station vid... kingfish 04-25-13 10
 Bowie in space! cahaya 05-14-13 12
   Became the special man... IceCat 05-14-13 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

foonermints 12302 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-13, 11:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: International Space Station videos"
Water is very strange.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-13, 00:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: International Space Station videos"
Heavy water is even stranger.

Laughed in the opening clips, with him even hanging the mic in the air for a few secs like he was doing a magic show.

foonermints 12302 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-13, 00:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: International Space Station videos"
My favorite is still the crazy-hair girl.
I wonder if she's dating?

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-24-13, 01:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: International Space Station videos"
Way cool!

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-13, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: International Space Station videos"
that was way cool!

I had to watch without sound.
So, if they spill something liquid & it's floating around in there, & they catch it with a cloth...
will the liquid eventually evaporate there?
Do they ever wash clothes? or are their clothes disposable?

Agman brightens my life May 2012

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-13, 03:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: International Space Station videos"
LAST EDITED ON 04-24-13 AT 07:04 PM (EST)

I am a major Space Station geek. I can answer some of the questions:

1. The water will not evaporate very quickly. There is a major concern that (this is true for any liquid) will drift into sensitive equipment, so free-flying things like that are discouraged.

2. Clothes are not washed. However, thanks to the ease of movement in micro-gravity, the astronauts do not sweat very much. There is also virtually no dirt or dust to contend with, so (yes, this sounds disgusting), clothes are worn for longer periods of time then for us Earthers. Most last for nearly two weeks before they are discarded. (Personal undergarments are treated with a waterless soap).

The ISS is easily visible from Earth, even in major cities (like Los Angeles). Go to www.spotthestation.nasa.gov and plug in your location. I've seen it many times crossing the sky -- amazing.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-13, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: International Space Station videos"
LAST EDITED ON 04-24-13 AT 04:51 PM (EST)

thanks for the lesson!

but...
linky no worky

ETA: goggled & got it

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-13, 11:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: International Space Station videos"
In another of the videos I saw, students ask Hatfield questions about living in space. One question was about how to wash hands in space. He responds that they use a special water with mild soap that doesn't need rinsing. He squeezed out some of the soapy water, washed his hands, then dried with a towel. At the end he says they hang up the towels so that the moisture can evaporate out and be reused in the ISS.

So I guess evaporation does happen there!

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings

04-24-13, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: International Space Station videos"
IF the crazy hair lady had some white streaks in her hair, she would look like the bride of Frankenstein! Very cool video. Like Jbug, I had to watch it without sound.

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-13, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: International Space Station videos"
The crying one made me laugh out loud. Blobby tears that don't fall!

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-13, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: International Space Station videos"

Just in case you feel the need to know.

http://tiny.cc/vomitinspace

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-13, 01:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Bowie in space!"
Space Oddity.

Coolness!

Space out!

IceCat 17313 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-13, 06:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Became the special man..."

Then we were Ziggy's band...

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •