The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Richie Havens: Rest in peace and freedom, man"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-22-13, 06:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"Richie Havens: Rest in peace and freedom, man"
Freedom.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 I Like The Guitar* foonermints 04-22-13 1
   RE: I Like The Guitar* cahaya 04-22-13 2
       Passionate! foonermints 04-22-13 4
           RE: Passionate! foonermints 04-22-13 5
           RE: Passionate! cahaya 04-22-13 6
               RE: Passionate! foonermints 04-22-13 7
                   More Woodstock cahaya 04-22-13 9
                       RE: More Woodstock foonermints 04-22-13 10
                           RE: More Woodstock cahaya 04-23-13 11
                               RE: More Woodstock foonermints 04-23-13 12
 RE: Richie Havens: Rest in peace a... dabo 04-22-13 3
 RE: Richie Havens: Rest in peace a... Puffy 04-22-13 8
 RE: Richie Havens: Rest in peace a... kingfish 04-23-13 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

foonermints 12302 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-13, 06:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "I Like The Guitar*"
RIP Ritchie!

*I mean, it's better than a tricked out combat A-4, but when you combine it with a scratchy voice moaning about something, like "Here Comes The Sun", I wouldn't have much trouble shooting you in the morning when I'm busy recovering from my hangover.
Then again, I have no appreciation for The Arts.

foonermints giving others a view into a true barbarian

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

04-22-13, 07:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: I Like The Guitar*"
LAST EDITED ON 04-23-13 AT 09:37 AM (EST)

Richie's Freedom is a very soulful brother-sister song that captures the American spirit of freedom. I was in tears earlier this evening when I read of his passing.

One thing about us Americans, whether we agree with the politics or whatever else or not, we value our freedom, and we value everyone elses' right to their freedom in our love for them, above all else. This man had a deeply loving and caring soul which he poured out in string and song, and that's where it all comes from, our souls.

This song is probably one of the easiest songs to play on the guitar, almost all Bm with an Em switch-up, running up to F# chords in chorus. As Carlos Santana once said, it's not what notes you play, it's how you play them -- with soul.

More performances.

04-22-13, 08:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Passionate!"
Passionate little bastard, wasn't he? Never listened to much of his singing, a bit too grating for my likes.
I'm good with his soul, though. I do hear the love he put into his songs. It just doesn't work for my ears. I'd rather listen to his guitar work without the voice.

I've gotten inured to people shuffling off the planet. A curse of working for the military.

04-22-13, 08:34 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Passionate!"
← look!

04-22-13, 08:38 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Passionate!"
I'll take his raspy, grating voice any day over the blubbering Beiber, the goo-goo Lady Gaga, and the lazy Jay-Z, all the hype, the glitz, and the gold chains, exuding elusive fame and money that only the permanence of freedom can give.

04-22-13, 08:50 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Passionate!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-22-13 AT 10:36 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-22-13 AT 08:56PM (EST)

I will dare expand this when I get my thoughts together.
Otherwise, how on Earth can you be wrong?

eta: I was carrying a rifle back then. He's just not that
close to my heart.

04-22-13, 10:21 PM (EST)
9. "More Woodstock"
Soul Sacrifice.

04-22-13, 10:46 PM (EST)
10. "RE: More Woodstock"
LAST EDITED ON 04-22-13 AT 11:13 PM (EST)

A-Bueno!
That dayyyyum Carlos works for me.
Weren't we all kids back then?
I find this very energetic and positive music. Of course, I could be crazy.

What? Everybody croaks. Just not yet.

I am not young. Take the first turn around the Sun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUNrZFreRx4

04-23-13, 00:17 AM (EST)
11. "RE: More Woodstock"
We're all born to take the highway.

Joni's Woodstock.

I'm going to try and get my soul free
We are stardust
We are golden

Thanks, Richie, you started something special.

04-23-13, 01:23 AM (EST)
12. "RE: More Woodstock"
Come by the Oregon country fair sometime. I used to have a booth, but anyway, I can still get you in for free.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-13, 08:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Richie Havens: Rest in peace and freedom, man"
Rest in peace, Richie.

Puffy 6571 desperate attention whore postings

04-22-13, 09:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Richie Havens: Rest in peace and freedom, man"
He opened at Woodstock...amazing raw talent. Recognizable voice.
Sorry to hear it.

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

04-23-13, 08:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Richie Havens: Rest in peace and freedom, man"
RIP Richie Havens.

A lot of heart in his singing, and a lot of courage in his improvisation.

I learned all I know about playing guitar from watching Richie.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •