The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Oldest person you have known"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-09-13, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Oldest person you have known"
LAST EDITED ON 04-09-13 AT 04:35 PM (EST)

There is a commercial on the tv lately wherein they asked a lot of people how old the oldest person they have ever known was. Then they plot this data on a humongous graph to show that most people seem to have known someone in there 90s, and gosh, hadn't we all better save more for retirement.

So let's do our own little OT survey on this. How old is/was the oldest person you have known, and just for fun the oldest blood relative?

I will post my response below.

PS - no, I didn't just call you all old!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Oldest person you have known byoffer 04-09-13 1
 RE: Oldest person you have known Starshine 04-09-13 2
   RE: Oldest person you have known foonermints 04-10-13 14
 RE: Oldest person you have known Brownroach 04-09-13 3
 RE: Oldest person you have known KwietOne 04-10-13 4
   RE: Oldest person you have known cahaya 04-10-13 5
 RE: Oldest person you have known SOAR64 04-10-13 6
 RE: Oldest person you have known Molaholic 04-10-13 7
   RE: Oldest person you have known kingfish 04-10-13 8
 RE: Oldest person you have known kidflash212 04-10-13 9
 RE: Oldest person you have known susang 04-10-13 10
 About 30 foonermints 04-10-13 11
 RE: Oldest person you have known tribephyl 04-10-13 12
   RE: Oldest person you have known foonermints 04-10-13 13
 RE: Oldest person you have known taffnic 04-10-13 15
 RE: Oldest person you have known Puffy 04-10-13 16
 RE: Oldest person you have known CTgirl 04-11-13 17
 RE: Oldest person you have known dabo 04-12-13 18
   RE: Oldest person you have known Puffy 04-12-13 19
 RE: Oldest person you have known jbug 04-12-13 20
   RE: Oldest person you have known dabo 04-12-13 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-13, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Oldest person you have known"
The oldest person I have met was 96 back in 1989. He was a cousin of my mother's (from an earlier generation) and was actually a survivor of the Australian army attack on Galipoli in WWI. Although he was family, I don't think he was a blood relative. I heard he died a year or two after I met him.

My dad just turned 84. I think that he is a few years younger than his mother was when she passed away (I don't recall the exact age, but 87 seems about right). Both of my mother's parents died in their early 80s.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-09-13, 09:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Oldest person you have known"
I always think I am saving loads for my retirement, and then I look at my pension statement and worry, No retirement at 60 for Starshine

I think that the oldest people that I have known are blood relatives, three of my Grandparents made it through to their mid eighties.

Who wants to live forever?

Lovely cheese Mooney

Where are Voice of the Beehive when we need them?

British - Zimmer Frame = American - Walker

foonermints 12302 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-13, 05:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Oldest person you have known"
Who wants to live forever?

foonermints: fixing silly mistakes with more silly mistakes.

Brownroach 14241 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-13, 10:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Oldest person you have known"
My dad, who passed away at 94, which answers both questions.

KwietOne 1083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-10-13, 01:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KwietOne Click to send private message to KwietOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Oldest person you have known"
The oldest person that I know currently is my Grandma Juaning. I just came back from the Philippines just last night and part of my trip was visiting her. She is currently 97 years old.

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-13, 02:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Oldest person you have known"
The oldest person I've known, too, is my grandma Kay, my dad's mom, in her early nineties. I was living in Kuala Lumpur then and saw her very soon before she left this world.

SOAR64 136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-10-13, 09:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SOAR64 Click to send private message to SOAR64 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Oldest person you have known"
My mother's side of the family have had members who lived a long time. My Great Uncle Calvin lived to be 102. He was in World War 1. His sister (my grandmother) lived to age 96.

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-13, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Oldest person you have known"
My great grandmother lived to age 90. At the time we had five generations living in the family:

Delia (my great-grandmother)
Audrey (her daughter, my grandmother)
Pat (her daughter, my aunt)
Chris (her daughter, my cousin)
Danny (her son, my second cousin & the only banana in the bunch)

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-13, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Oldest person you have known"
An uncle, who at 97 is still limping along.

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-10-13, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Oldest person you have known"
I know two women over 100. Both are still sharp.

susang 429 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-10-13, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Oldest person you have known"
I know a retired professor (94). He maintains his intellectual abilities, and has a wicked sense of humor.

04-10-13, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "About 30"
Wise beyond his years. Living in the Himalayas might do that to you.
My dad croaked @ 56. Hells Bells, that is old.
We're a pretty short-lived clan, so enjoy me while you have the chance.

foonermints: One day of evil!

tribephyl 9688 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-13, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Oldest person you have known"
6 oldest people I know...
My Maternal Great Grandmother died at 96, her husband died at 93. He was a fisherman in Alaska until his late 70s. Retired as a rockhound.
My Paternal Great Grandfather died at 103. A Californian Oilman right up to the end.
My Partner's parents are 90 and 87 and still kicken' it on Cape Cod.
I also have a GreatAunt whom is currently 83 and still races sand-buggies.

04-10-13, 04:19 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Oldest person you have known"
I bet I could win against your great aunt.

Foonermint: One Day of Wonder!

taffnic 5085 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-13, 05:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail taffnic Click to send private message to taffnic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Oldest person you have known"
My grandmother was 102 when she died.

The oldest non-relative was a 104 yr old lady I took care of as a patient many years ago. She prayed that God would let her die cause she didn't want to live to be 100. She lived and was mad at God for a long time. Each pending birthday after that she would pray the same thing and then get mad again when she still lived.

creation by Agman

Puffy 6571 desperate attention whore postings

04-10-13, 07:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Oldest person you have known"
I work with geriatric patients so I know lots of people in their 90's. One recently had her driver's license renewed for 5 years. My grandmother was 91 when she died. My mother-in-law is 89. I've learned a lot of history on a personal level from these folks.

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-13, 01:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Oldest person you have known"
My maternal grandmother was 95 when she died, her sister was 96. My Nana made her first trip to Europe when she was 87. She rode on her first motorcycle (with my brother) when she was 87 too. Both of these occurred after my grandfather died. He was a great guy but kind of old school when it came to certain things.

My paternal grandparents weren't slackers either. They both died in their early ninties.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-13, 01:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Oldest person you have known"
Death by longevity is a curse on one branch of my family tree. When I was little the oldest person I knew was my great grandmother, my mother's mother's mother. I don't know how old she was when she died, but she was well into her 90s or older. Despite being cursed with longevity she was blessed with senility, we had a lot of fun playing together. Then my brother was born and she passed on shortly afterwards.

Her daughter, my grandmother, lived to 100. Two of her children, my great uncle and my great aunt, lived to be 101. Aside: great uncle's wife passed away the year following his passing at 99, they had celebrated their silver anniversary a little bit before he passed, that was pretty cool.

Another daughter, my great aunt, was the oldest person I've ever known. She was 105 years and 10 months old when she passed away. On my birthday. That sucked.

Now, to quote Dan Aykroyd from Twilight Zone: The Movie, "Hey... you wanna see something really scary?"

My great great great grandfather (not really certain of the number of greats), though I didn't actually know him of course:

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=7385510

Puffy 6571 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-13, 02:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Oldest person you have known"
Cool!

I guess this might settle the age-old OT fruit dilemma of banana vs peach.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-13, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Oldest person you have known"
She died this morning; age 99

She & her husband were school teachers when my mother went to school; later he became the county school super; and later she had the position. She helped me get my first job after high school as a teacher's aide in the kindergarten program.

RIP Mrs. Dot

Agman brightens my life May 2012

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-13, 11:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Oldest person you have known"
My condolences. Seems she had not only a good long run but a life well spent.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •