The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"RIP Annette Funicello"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-08-13, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"RIP Annette Funicello"
Uh-oh That makes two, will there be a third?

http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-et-st-mickey-mouse-club-star-annette-funicello-dies-at-70-20130408,0,5659102.story

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: RIP Annette Funicello Estee 04-08-13 1
   RE: RIP Annette Funicello kingfish 04-08-13 2
 RE: RIP Annette Funicello dabo 04-08-13 3
   RE: RIP Annette Funicello SOAR64 04-09-13 12
 RE: RIP Annette Funicello CTgirl 04-08-13 4
   RE: RIP Annette Funicello PepeLePew13 04-08-13 5
       RE: RIP Annette Funicello CTgirl 04-08-13 6
 RE: RIP Annette Funicello byoffer 04-08-13 7
   RE: RIP Annette Funicello cahaya 04-08-13 8
   RE: RIP Annette Funicello dabo 04-08-13 9
       RE: RIP Annette Funicello byoffer 04-08-13 10
 RE: RIP Annette Funicello Puffy 04-09-13 11
 RE: RIP Annette Funicello Molaholic 04-09-13 13
 RE: RIP Annette Funicello Brownroach 04-09-13 14
 RE: RIP Annette Funicello Sunny_Bunny 04-12-13 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-13, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: RIP Annette Funicello"
LAST EDITED ON 04-08-13 AT 02:50 PM (EST)

And thus did an entire generation learn about the wonders of puberty.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-13, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: RIP Annette Funicello"
LAST EDITED ON 04-08-13 AT 02:01 PM (EST)

I was in awe of her puberty.

RIP Annette, if I'd only known the about the concept back then, and if you had lived within tricycling range, I would have stalked.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-13, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: RIP Annette Funicello"
Rest in peace, Annette. A groundbreaking feminist, really. Disney wanted her to wear modest one-pieces in the Beach movies but she flung caution to the wind and wore bikinis instead.

with her figure the one-pieces probably would have been sexier

SOAR64 136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-09-13, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SOAR64 Click to send private message to SOAR64 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: RIP Annette Funicello"
She also told the story about the time Walt Disney wanted the Mickey Mouse Club girls to wear T-shirts underneath their sweaters in order to hide their breasts as they developed and the outline of their nipples began to show. She said that several of the girls got together including herself, and used a pair of scisors to cut out parts of the T-shirts which would allowed the outline to show thru.

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-13, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: RIP Annette Funicello"
LAST EDITED ON 04-08-13 AT 02:32 PM (EST)

Annette is third if you count Lilly Pulitzer dying yesterday.

ETA: I don't think Annette ever wore a Lilly Pulitzer bathing suit though she should have!

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-13, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: RIP Annette Funicello"
Or if you count Roger Ebert from Friday. Lilly Pulitzer isn't as much of a mega-name as Funicello and Thatcher, so Ebert could fit here.

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-13, 03:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: RIP Annette Funicello"
No matter who you count, it is always amazing how celebs often die in pairs, 3s, and 4s!

I dare say Lilly Pulitzer is a bigger name with a certain section of young women than Roger Ebert is!

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-13, 07:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: RIP Annette Funicello"
I was at a charity auction 2 weeks ago, and one of the auction items was a record (vinyl!) that was apparently a country album that Annette made when she was finally released from her Disney contract. The story is that her house caught fire a few years ago (referenced in the Marriages and children section here], and someone ran in to save some relics. One relic was a box of these records. It was still sealed, and had some soot under the folds of the cellophane, but was still sealed. I did not bid, but was quite intrigued with the story.

RIP Annette. Now you are really free of Disney.

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-13, 08:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: RIP Annette Funicello"
Now you are really free of Disney.

Perhaps, yes, free from the corporate entity that evolved and constrained her in this world here, successful as she was, but perhaps she is now together with Walt's spirit into the next world.

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-13, 08:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: RIP Annette Funicello"

http://www.whosdatedwho.com/tpx_7746/annette-funicello/albumcovers

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-13, 10:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: RIP Annette Funicello"
That's the one.

Puffy 6571 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-13, 01:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: RIP Annette Funicello"
She was my favorite Mouseketeer. Loved her.

Too bad about the MS.

So sad.

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-13, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: RIP Annette Funicello"
I too am of the generation that marveled at Annette's sweater. (Granted, via reruns).

All snarkism asside, she was a marvelous talent who was taken way too early (by an insidious condition). She is now free of that horror.

RIP and thank you.

Brownroach 14241 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-13, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: RIP Annette Funicello"
I think nothing has ever made me feel "old" the way that this news does.

It's funny, looking at pictures of her on the Internet, I realize now that she must have had work done to narrow her nose at some point, though she didn't need to, imo - but she still looked good afterward.

I added four Beach Party movies to my Netflix queue in tribute. RIP, Annette, you were always a class act.

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

04-12-13, 00:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: RIP Annette Funicello"
I remember watching the MMC in reruns - And this was my favorite serial.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •