The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"My Modem Died"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-06-13, 10:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"My Modem Died"
LAST EDITED ON 03-06-13 AT 10:52 PM (EST)

Using one borrowed from the office right now. Internet is actually working much better than it has in months, I thought it was just a lousy server. Anyway, this one has to go back to the office tomorrow. Don't send out any search parties. If I don't get around to starting a TAR vote thread on Friday don't be alarmed, someone can step up and take care of it. Or not.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: My Modem Died foonermints 03-06-13 1
   RE: My Modem Died dabo 03-06-13 2
       OK foonermints 03-07-13 3
 RE: My Modem Died Starshine 03-07-13 4
   RE: My Modem Died dabo 03-07-13 7
 RE: My Modem Died kingfish 03-07-13 5
 *wails* moonbaby 03-07-13 6
   RE: *wails* dabo 03-07-13 8
       Oh Cr@p! foonermints 03-08-13 9
           RE: Oh Cr@p! kingfish 03-08-13 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

foonermints 12302 desperate attention whore postings

03-06-13, 11:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: My Modem Died"
Tiny Electronic *sob*

When's the funeral? I'll bet you're just going to just use a cardboard box, aren't you?

cheapskate

tiny little devil: Using guilt to tug at heartstrings.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

03-06-13, 11:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: My Modem Died"
Dunno. The modem itself may actually be fine but the plug in cable is a goner.

03-07-13, 02:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "OK"
So now we're talking "plastic bag"?

Sheesh, just when I thought "cardboard box" was bad...

*ZAP*

tiny little devil: At least Goldfish get buried at sea.

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

03-07-13, 05:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: My Modem Died"
A couple of weeks ago I called my ISP to whine about the 0.5Mbps I was getting, they checked out everything they could (and actually they have very good technicians) and decided that it was either my filter or my router.

I never realised that filters could wear out, but I replaced it and the router and am now getting 16.02 Mbps (not mega fast, but fast enough for me)

It's a bit of a shock when it speeds up that much isn't it!

Lovely cheese Mooney

Where are Voice of the Beehive when we need them?

03-07-13, 07:48 PM (EST)
7. "RE: My Modem Died"
A big difference. The old modem never loaded this fast even when it was new.

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-13, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: My Modem Died"
Eerie.

You modem dying on the same day as Hugo Chevez.

They say that there are no coincidences.

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-13, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "*wails*"
Long live Dabo's modem! Did you leave it on all the time? I recently started to do that and wonder if I'm killing it faster by doing that.

I'll put up the vote thread Friday after werk if I have power-we have learned not to expect too much from our local power company

03-07-13, 07:54 PM (EST)
8. "RE: *wails*"
On all the time. No choice, really, as it doesn't have an on/off switch. With three laptops accessing the network, sometimes until late at night and sometimes quite early in the morning, plugging in and unplugging all the time would have been tiresome.

Unfortunately, I still haven't been able to find a power cord with the same jack so I can test to find out if there is still some life in the old modem.

03-08-13, 02:02 AM (EST)
9. "Oh Cr@p!"
find out if there is still some life in the old modem

Zombie Modem. So this is how it starts!

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

03-08-13, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Oh Cr@p!"
You're right, this is how it starts. With Zombie Modems eating computer CPUs.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •