The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Am I built wrong?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

02-21-13, 03:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Am I built wrong?"
Sony are launching the PS4 in the "holidays" this year, which holidays and which countries are not yet revealed, in fact what the console will look like and what it will do are also unrevealed. The only thing that they seem willing to reveal is the controller and the fact that you can "share" whilst playing.

Now, here's the thing, when I was very small Pater purchased a video game console for the family, if I remember correctly there were eleven games on it, eight or nine of which were Pong (one bat, two bats, over the end or air hockey style goals, and something else). The controller was a little dial that one used to move ones stick(s), the other games were shooting with a plastic pistol, point at screen and then pull the trigger.

Later he purchased an Atari, big clunky joystick with a button on the base, and even later I purchased an Amiga and a two button joystick with a trigger button as well as a button on the base.

Then we all moved on to PC games although I did buy a gameboy which had two buttons, called A and B, as well as a four button joystick replacement.

Eventually came the point where I was desparate to play Final Fantasy X, so I purchased a PS2, I coped with FFX however ran into problems trying to play any other games that I purchased because I now had twelve buttons and two joypads (press X, box, triangle, X, X, upper right button and move the left joypad to the right just didn't come naturally to me). Then came the Wii, two buttons, called A and B again, a four button joystick replacement and waggle the controller for more control. Finally an easy controller!

Then came the Wii-U, the controller has three joypads, four buttons, a touchscreen and it is waggleable, how the heck am I supposed to cope with that?

And now the PS4, I like the idea, but I cannot cope with 12 buttons, two joypads and waggleability, is it just me? Why can't they make these things simple? I mean I can play a lot of games on my PC with a mouse, two buttons, and a space bar.

<sigh> I guess I should go on e-bay and get myself an Atari 2600.

Lovely cheese Mooney

Where are Voice of the Beehive when we need them?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Am I built wrong? PepeLePew13 02-21-13 1
 RE: Am I built wrong? Estee 02-21-13 2
 RE: Am I built wrong? HobbsofMI 02-21-13 3
 RE: Am I built wrong? Molaholic 02-21-13 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-21-13, 07:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Am I built wrong?"
Maybe you ought to marry an octopus and have a child that is human but also with multiple arms. That's the only way to keep up with the trends to come in the future with 36 buttons, 10 joy pads and multi moving capabilities, etc.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-13, 08:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Am I built wrong?"
This is why I won't play any game which I can't get on a PC: I can't manage the controls. On a good day, I can just about work with a Wii remote as long as I can stand more or less sideways to the screen and there are no spin moves involved. But the Playstation controls... look, if I want to learn how to land a plane, I'll get an actual plane, all right? And there are games I would dearly love to play, Playstation & Xbox both -- but all I can do is watch.

I want to see what a PS4 can do. And I will. At someone else's apartment. From the side couch.

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-13, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Am I built wrong?"
I have a Atari 2600 and about 100 game cartages in my basement plus and Atari 800, 130ex, 5 1/4" floppy drive, dot matrix printer and TV converter hookup to that rabbit ear screw in the back of your TV.

I figure in a few more years it will be worth $2.

sig Syren, bouncy by IceCat, bobble head by Tribephyl, and snoglobe by agman

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-13, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Am I built wrong?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-21-13 AT 01:12 PM (EST)

Ahh yes, the good old days of Pong. I remember the absolute WOW we experienced by being able to knock that little white square hither and thither.

My friend and I played endless games of Atari baseball (circa 1978-79). Graphics were little more than colored stick figures, but you could control the speed and direction of a pitch, move players around the field (or bases), throw to any base, etc.

Whenever my friend hit a home run off my, I was sure to make the next pitch a bean-ball. It never failed that my friend would swing at the pitch -- so it would be a strike instead of a free pass to first (which follows the real baseball rule).

For the baseball non-literati -- a "bean-ball" is an intentional pitch at the batter's head. Not a nice thing to do, usually done in retaliation for something.

We also enjoyed numerous tank battles. I could never adjust to the invisible tank option so my butt was always severely kicked during those games.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •