The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"50% - 100% chance of a free Papa John's pizza: Super Bowl #47"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-20-13, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"50% - 100% chance of a free Papa John's pizza: Super Bowl #47"
I seldom mention things from SlickDeals here, but this one was too good to pass up. All you have to do is go to their website and predict whether the Super Bowl coin toss (regulation, not the theoretical overtime) will land heads or tails. If you're right, you get an Email coupon code for a free large one-topping pizza on Monday.

(The code must be used online in ordering through their website, but you can get delivery or pickup without trouble.)

Each person can only enter once. However, the household entry limit is four, so if your family/SO/etc are willing to play along, half the group can vote heads, half tails, and you're guaranteed a pizza.

So if you like Papa John's, you play. If you're angry with the corporation because of some things their president said during the election, you play and cost them a few dollars. If you just like pizza, you play.

http://www.papajohns.com/index.html and click on Peyton Manning's picture. (He has very little to do right now and may deliver your pizza himself if he can get a commercial out of it.)

I played. No discussion of motivation at this time.

If the coin lands on edge, I'm gonna be pissed.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Waht?! foonermints 01-20-13 1
   RE: Waht?! Estee 01-20-13 2
       RE: Waht?! foonermints 01-20-13 3
 RE: 50% - 100% chance of a free Pap... Molaholic 01-20-13 4
 RE: 50% - 100% chance of a free Pap... PepeLePew13 01-20-13 5
 RE: 50% - 100% chance of a free Pap... Puffy 01-20-13 6
   RE: 50% - 100% chance of a free Pap... Estee 01-21-13 8
 RE: 50% - 100% chance of a free Pap... dabo 01-21-13 7
   RE: 50% - 100% chance of a free Pap... Estee 01-21-13 9
       RE: 50% - 100% chance of a free Pap... kingfish 01-29-13 16
 NOW foonermints 01-28-13 10
   RE: NOW Estee 01-28-13 11
       I Guess foonermints 01-28-13 12
       RE: NOW PepeLePew13 01-28-13 13
   RE: NOW dabo 01-28-13 14
   RE: NOW SpotTheDifference 01-28-13 15
       RE: NOW kingfish 01-29-13 17
 RE: 50% - 100% chance of a free Pap... HobbsofMI 01-29-13 18
   RE: 50% - 100% chance of a free Pap... Estee 01-29-13 19
   RE: 50% - 100% chance of a free Pap... bondt007 01-29-13 20
       RE: 50% - 100% chance of a free Pap... dabo 01-29-13 21
       Aha! Estee 01-29-13 22
           RE: Aha! kingfish 01-29-13 23
 Heads. foonermints 02-03-13 24
   RE: Heads. kingfish 02-03-13 25
 Got mine! PepeLePew13 02-04-13 26
   RE: Got mine! foonermints 02-04-13 27
 RE: 50% - 100% chance of a free Pap... Estee 02-08-13 28

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

foonermints 12302 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-13, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Waht?!"
LAST EDITED ON 01-20-13 AT 04:53 PM (EST)

Who replaced Estee with Coupon Suzy?

Thanks Estee! I wonder if there is one of those things around here?

Later on I'll post a coupon for Bristol Farms cheese, although they seem to have a mix-up today and it's good for prosciutto.
eta: well, I guess it's pretty local unless old farty-pants signs in. Nevermind.

http://www.bristolfarms.com/locations.php?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

01-20-13, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Waht?!"
It's like the Focus On The Family 'suggested donation'. I enjoy taking money from people who annoy me.

01-20-13, 06:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Waht?!"
So you are saying that Papa Johns supports evil?
Sure, I'll take it. Does the delivery girl dress up like Darth Vader?

That adds at least 10% onto my tip.

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-13, 06:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: 50% - 100% chance of a free Papa John's pizza: Super Bowl #47"
Looks like pizza night will be confirmed for Feb. 4 (since I used multiple emails )

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-13, 08:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: 50% - 100% chance of a free Papa John's pizza: Super Bowl #47"
Hrmm... I was reading the FAQs and it seems there is some confusing language there. At first it seemed clear that the coupon would be for Monday, February 4th only ("we'll send you an email with a promotion code good for a free large one-topping pizza by end of day PST") but then reading further down I see that the code is good at the website until March 10th ("The code may only be redeemed at papajohns.com through Sun., March 10.")

Sweet. I'm in Western NY on March 10th, so will enter.

Puffy 6571 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-13, 11:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: 50% - 100% chance of a free Papa John's pizza: Super Bowl #47"
The website says:
Winners will receive a promotion code good for a FREE LARGE 1-TOPPING PIZZA, which can only be redeemed at papajohns.com. The promotion code will be emailed to winners on Monday, Feb. 4, 2013 by 11:59 p.m. PST.

I waddle for Agman

01-21-13, 03:11 PM (EST)
8. "RE: 50% - 100% chance of a free Papa John's pizza: Super Bowl #47"
{Granny Smith}That's whut Ah sayd.{/Granny Smith}

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-13, 00:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: 50% - 100% chance of a free Papa John's pizza: Super Bowl #47"
http://www.docsports.com/super-bowl-coin-toss-history.html

Heads 1
Tails 1
Heads 2
Tails 2
Tails 3
Heads 3
Heads 4
Heads 5
Tails 4
Heads 6
Tails 5
Heads 7
Heads 8
Heads 9
Tails 6
Tails 7
Tails 8
Heads 10
Tails 9
Tails 10
Tails 11
Heads 11
Tails 12
Heads 12
Heads 13
Heads 14
Heads 15
Tails 13
Heads 16
Tails 14
Heads 17
Tails 15
Tails 16
Tails 17
Tails 18
Heads 18
Tails 19
Tails 20
Tails 21
Tails 22
Heads 19
Tails 23
Heads 20
Heads 21
Heads 22

01-21-13, 03:14 PM (EST)
9. "RE: 50% - 100% chance of a free Papa John's pizza: Super Bowl #47"
I think you're missing a toss.

So basically, the trend is -- 50/50. What. A. Shock.

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-13, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: 50% - 100% chance of a free Papa John's pizza: Super Bowl #47"
I had a friend once who was an uncannily accurate coin flipper; he could clean me out every time. Still, to this day, I wonder how he did it. He (or I) would flip a random coin, call it in the air, then catch it and show which side came up on the wrist.

Could he actually flip it that accurately (which wouldn't account for when I flipped it), or were his eyes that quick? Or did he just keep a running count of the stats (how many times had come up heads or tails), or what?

I was a grammar school kid at the time, and so was he, so whatever he did, it couldn’t have been too sophisticated. But in one session, I started with several hundred pennies (I was a budding coin collector), and got cleaned out. After that session, I quit flipping coins with him.

Uncanny.

01-28-13, 06:34 PM (EST)
10. "NOW"
They are offering 50% off any pizza. For the secret email code.

Is this pizza any good? My body is a temple, you know.

01-28-13, 06:49 PM (EST)
11. "RE: NOW"
You mean the secret code VOTE50? That secret code? Gosh, we wouldn't want that kind of secret code to get out. Because it's secret.

I purchased from them a couple of times before their owner annoyed me. It's a decent thin-crust pizza.

01-28-13, 07:14 PM (EST)
12. "I Guess"
For me Santa Monica and Westwood are out. At least there's brewery near the one in El Segundo.
Oh, spiders are OK. Trapped in pizza, why not? Just like my Mac&Cheese, champagne goes with everything.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/papa-johns-pizza-los-angeles-7

I don't believe anybody's yammering on line.

01-28-13, 07:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: NOW"
LAST EDITED ON 01-28-13 AT 07:35 PM (EST)

Yeah, as far as chain pizza places go, it's pretty good. We had pizza from Papa John's last summer on our way home from Nova Scotia, passing through the New England states.

Would certainly rank it ahead of such places as Domino's, Pizza Hut, and Little Caesars.

01-28-13, 08:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: NOW"
Not really. Order the thin crust if you can.

SpotTheDifference 906 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-28-13, 09:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SpotTheDifference Click to send private message to SpotTheDifference Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: NOW"
I've always found Papa John's to be very salty and oily. But maybe they just use a different recipe here.

01-29-13, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: NOW"
That sounds like the recipe they use here.

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-13, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: 50% - 100% chance of a free Papa John's pizza: Super Bowl #47"
The owner of Papa back Romney and said he would cut workers hours instead of giving them health care under Obamacare so no customer for you here.

Actually I've had their pizza and don't want it again.

sig Syren, bouncy by IceCat, bobble head by Tribephyl, and snoglobe by agman

01-29-13, 03:44 PM (EST)
19. "RE: 50% - 100% chance of a free Papa John's pizza: Super Bowl #47"
And thusly did he both annoy me and lose me as an occasional customer.

bondt007 3358 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-29-13, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: 50% - 100% chance of a free Papa John's pizza: Super Bowl #47"
Well now I'll order extra...

>Issued by "Q" and RollDdice

01-29-13, 04:46 PM (EST)
21. "RE: 50% - 100% chance of a free Papa John's pizza: Super Bowl #47"
You would want to order "John's Favorite" then. Pepperoni, Sausage, Six-cheese blend (Mozzarella, Parmesan, Romano, Asiago, Provolone, Fontina), Special blend of Italian herb seasonings. Plus it costs more.

01-29-13, 04:46 PM (EST)
22. "Aha!"
You're the CEO of Walmart! I knew it!

...about your corporate policy of having 10% of your prices ring up a few cents higher than the marked charge...

01-29-13, 04:55 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Aha!"
AND the occasional misplacement of the decimal. To the right.

AND the occasional addition of a stray 'not in basket' item to the receipt.

02-03-13, 07:54 PM (EST)
24. "Heads."
Free large poison pizza, here I come!

Handcrafted by RollDdice

02-03-13, 08:21 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Heads."
Don't forget to tip your server.

Or you can flip him/her for it.

02-04-13, 08:43 PM (EST)
26. "Got mine!"
Freebie just arrived in my email in-box. Code goes 'live' on Thursday and is good until March 10th, and that's when we'll be in N.Y. state. Perfect timing.

02-04-13, 11:11 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Got mine!"
Actually, No.

Unless you can tell me what it tastes like.

Handcrafted by RollDdice
Electricity? Printer ink?

02-08-13, 09:53 PM (EST)
28. "RE: 50% - 100% chance of a free Papa John's pizza: Super Bowl #47"
I just got my code: it took several days past their own deadline before they honored all the wins. I'm not feeling sadistic enough to make anyone deliver a pizza right now.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •