The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"It was Twenty Years ago today..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-19-13, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"It was Twenty Years ago today..."
No, not a Sargent Pepper reference, but a personal vocational milestone.

January 19, 1993 -- George H. W. Bush is in his final 24 hours in the White House, but here on the left coast a career is born. I get the call to go for my very first teaching assignment. I had completed student teaching (all elementary school) with a six-week stint in a kindergarten class, and had been hired as a substitute. I get the call about 5:30am to report to the middle school (not going to refuse my first job). I report to the office and get the word -- it's a 7th grade Health class.

Yes. 7th grade Health.

On the teacher's desk is a stack of worksheets, with the instructions to have the students read and answer questions. The title and illustration catches my eye.

THE.HUMAN.FEMALE.REPRODUCTIVE.SYSTEM

All the naughty bits in their full blackline glory. Vocabulary terms that would have gotten my kinder students' mouths washed out with soap.

The first three class periods I managed nothing more than a couple of Gleasonesque "hummana hummana"s as the kids went through the work basically on their own. During lunch my neighbor pops his head in and warns me about a student I'll have the next period -- "you can't miss him, he's got a head of red hair you can see a block away."

By this time I can actually read the material with the kids. We get to the part about the baby passing through the cervix -- which is described as normally being the width of a straw -- which has Red ask "does it hurt?" I tell him that I don't have direct experience, so he should ask his mother. "No way!" he yells, "she already says I'm a pain in the ass!"

Amazing that I survived to teach another day.

I'll be teaching that same subject in a couple of weeks -- maybe I can get a sub?

Another Agman masterpiece (2011)

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: It was Twenty Years ago today..... byoffer 01-19-13 1
   Sure has. Estee 01-19-13 2
       RE: Sure has. PepeLePew13 01-19-13 3
           RE: Sure has. Molaholic 01-19-13 7
               RE: Sure has. Estee 01-19-13 8
               RE: Sure has. PepeLePew13 01-19-13 9
                   RE: Sure has. Brownroach 01-20-13 11
 RE: It was Twenty Years ago today..... kidflash212 01-19-13 4
   RE: It was Twenty Years ago today..... Estee 01-19-13 5
       RE: It was Twenty Years ago today..... kidflash212 01-19-13 6
           RE: It was Twenty Years ago today..... Brownroach 01-20-13 10
 RE: It was Twenty Years ago today..... kingfish 01-20-13 12
 RE: It was Twenty Years ago today..... foonermints 01-20-13 13
 RE: It was Twenty Years ago today..... dabo 01-20-13 14
 RE: It was Twenty Years ago today..... jbug 01-21-13 15
   Maybe foonermints 01-21-13 16
       sticky fingers? jbug 01-21-13 17
           Karchita or bystander foonermints 01-21-13 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-13, 03:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: It was Twenty Years ago today..."
Happy Anniversary, Molie.

I have heard you talk about teaching health previously. Always gives me a chuckle (and a "thanks gawd it's not me!"!)

Just wondering if the material has changed over the last 20 years?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-13, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Sure has."
Several states have passed legislation so that 'reproductive system' now equals 'cabbage leaves, babies found under'.

But there are less names to memorize that way.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-13, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Sure has."
No pancakes shaped like the female reproductive system?

Moley - that might be a real nice way to grab their attention in class; bring a portable grill and cook pancakes shaped as such, then pass it around in class. Tell the boys they can only eat these pancakes if they name the parts correctly.

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-13, 04:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Sure has."
Pepe --

OK, after I clean off my monitor...

I'd love to do that except that I'd have to go through all kinds of district red tape and prove that that pancakes meet the new nutritional guidelines (which, according to my students, means
"if it tastes like sh!t, they have it"). Any kind of syrup is strictly verboten as well.

Los Angeles Kings - 2012 Stanley Cup Champions
Capnís Stanley Cup Pick Ďem Surprise.

01-19-13, 05:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Sure has."
(which, according to my students, means "if it tastes like sh!t, they have it")

So save it for when they study the digestive system.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-13, 06:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Sure has."
My post was tongue-in-cheek, but hey, if we are going to find a way to get beyond the red tape... homemade pancake mix could include whole wheat flour (grain), egg and milk (dairy) and use thawed-down frozen blueberries (a super-fruit filled with anti-oxidants) as a topping.

Yah, a college setting is different from your school board, but we have had breakfast sales operating out of our classroom in the past as a fundraiser.

Brownroach 14241 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-13, 00:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Sure has."
Has anyone ever tried to unearth the pancake instruction film?

(...missing JSlice...hope she's well)

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-19-13, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: It was Twenty Years ago today..."
Happy Anniversary from someone who used to be a kid with bright red hair.

In my grade the health teacher was a nun.

Capn2patch put me in motion!

01-19-13, 03:39 PM (EST)
5. "RE: It was Twenty Years ago today..."
I'm guessing the banana-condom demonstration was out.

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-19-13, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: It was Twenty Years ago today..."
Actually, Sister Ann Eugene was pretty thorough. I think nuns in the 70's were cooler than nuns in the 21st century.

Brownroach 14241 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-13, 00:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: It was Twenty Years ago today..."
The male-female-combo nun names always stuck me as vaguely subversive. I had a Sister Marie Jose and a Sister John Marie in grade school. Sr. John Marie covered reproductive science and was kind of cool. Sr. Marie Jose, on the other hand, was prim to a fault (and also somewhat clueless -- once she ordered a classmate to turn his bookbag around because it had an STP sticker on it, and how dare he display that "smut" in her classroom).

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-13, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: It was Twenty Years ago today..."
Congratulations on surviving.

I remember when you and your Mole brother, Das Mole were inseparable.

I guess he got sent to the principle and never returned. Serving as a lesson for your students.

foonermints 12302 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-13, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: It was Twenty Years ago today..."
I wonder how they teach that in the Netherlands? *does not put in straight-face smiley*

<>
Handcrafted by RollDdice
foonermint: full of curiousity!

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-13, 09:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: It was Twenty Years ago today..."

CONGRATS! it's Sgt.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-13, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: It was Twenty Years ago today..."
congrats!
So, when do you retire?

tiny frozen stolen clown

01-21-13, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Maybe"
About the same time your sticky fingers get cured?

tiny liberated Barney!
*runs off*

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-13, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "sticky fingers?"
me?
& just who do you think I learned this from?

01-21-13, 05:03 PM (EST)
18. "Karchita or bystander"

Didn't mom tell you to stay away from strange people lest you pick up bad habits?
You don't see me cavorting with fish, do you?

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •