The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Golden Globes"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-13-13, 11:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Golden Globes"
Anyone watching? I am loosely.

And I have an announcement to make...

...I love Jodi Foster. What a strong, smart, fantastic woman. And she still looks fantastic.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Golden Globes qwertypie 01-13-13 1
   RE: Golden Globes Estee 01-14-13 8
 RE: Golden Globes Brownroach 01-13-13 2
   RE: Golden Globes Brownroach 01-14-13 4
       RE: Golden Globes agman 01-14-13 5
 RE: Golden Globes Max Headroom 01-13-13 3
   RE: Golden Globes agman 01-14-13 6
   RE: Golden Globes byoffer 01-14-13 7
       RE: Golden Globes agman 01-14-13 9
           RE: Golden Globes byoffer 01-14-13 10
           RE: Golden Globes PepeLePew13 01-15-13 16
               RE: Golden Globes Max Headroom 01-15-13 17
                   RE: Golden Globes agman 01-15-13 19
 RE: Golden Globes dabo 01-14-13 11
 Homeland... bondt007 01-14-13 12
 RE: Golden Globes kingfish 01-14-13 13
   RE: Golden Globes Brownroach 01-15-13 14
       RE: Golden Globes kingfish 01-15-13 18
   RE: Golden Globes dabo 01-15-13 15
 RE: Golden Globes kingfish 01-15-13 20
 One year later AyaK 01-15-14 21
 RE: Golden Globes adricharlie 01-16-14 22
   RE: Golden Globes foonermints 01-16-14 23
       ummmmmm jbug 01-17-14 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-13, 11:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Golden Globes"
I have a huge girl crush on Jodie.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Estee 55928 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-13, 11:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Golden Globes"
And you now officially have a chance.

Brownroach 14247 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-13, 11:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Golden Globes"
LAST EDITED ON 01-13-13 AT 11:21 PM (EST)

Ben Affleck beats Spielberg, Bigelow and Tarantino!

Eta -- I liked his speech. I think he was really surprised.

01-14-13, 00:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Golden Globes"
And Argo wins Best Drama over Lincoln as well.

agman 11166 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-13, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Golden Globes"
Loved it! His seeming surprise made it perfect.

spelled out by Tribe

Max Headroom 10068 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-13, 11:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Golden Globes"
Even though the awards aren't over yet, Jennifer Lawrence made the worst joke of the night with her "I beat Meryl" opening comment.

01-14-13, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Golden Globes"
Even DD thought that was tacky.

01-14-13, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Golden Globes"
I heard on the radio that she was quoting a line out of some movie, and thus it wasn't as tasteless as it initially seemed. That the quote wasn't well-known made it seem bad though. And she did follow it up immediately with "all joking aside", which I though was indicating that "nobody puts Meryl in the corner".

Other than that quote, I thought her speech was good - open and honest ways to thank her family, reps and industry.

01-14-13, 01:21 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Golden Globes"
I heard on the radio that
she was quoting a line
out of some movie,

Now I feel better. I just couldn't figure out why she would make a quote like that.

spelled out by Tribe

01-14-13, 01:35 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Golden Globes"
LAST EDITED ON 01-14-13 AT 01:36 PM (EST)

I found a story about the quote.

Quoting Goldie and Bette should be safe for Jennifer!

PepeLePew13 24974 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-13, 08:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Golden Globes"
I thought it was clever and funny, and it shows she knows her history and has respect for the legends by giving a hat tip to Meryl, while quoting Bette Midler's line word for word.

I can't believe all the nitwit columnists and bloggers trying to turn this into a jab or a diss, and even putting up polls asking if this was an awkward moment along with the likes of Sasha Baron Cohen's upskirt bit. Clearly these people don't know their history at all! I guarantee you Meryl would have laughed at that one.

Could you see some of the other young ones (Swift, Lohan, Biel, etc.) understanding the context and making that kind of joke?

Max Headroom 10068 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-13, 09:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Golden Globes"
Put me in the nitwit category, then. Along with the columnists and bloggers, I suspect I'm not alone as a casual viewer who didn't get the joke and thought it was tasteless and borderline rude. I think Jennifer Lawrence is a talented actress and was willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, but to me her comment had a sting to it.

01-15-13, 10:38 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Golden Globes"
That's one of the reasons I normally don't watch awards shows. I never sure about where they're coming from when they make some of the comments they do. Many of them are inside jokes.

spelled out by Tribe

dabo 25773 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-13, 02:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Golden Globes"

bondt007 3403 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-14-13, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Homeland..."
So good.

>Issued by "Q" and RollDdice

kingfish 16677 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-13, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Golden Globes"
Didn't see it, although from what I've heard, it was probably more entertaining than the other award shows with the ex-SNL alumni presenters.

01-15-13, 00:14 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Golden Globes"
(Aren't "ex-" and "alumni" redundant?)

01-15-13, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Golden Globes"
I'm guessing that there's an ex-SNL alumni sketch there somewhere.

Some might also object to the use of the past tense for shows that haven't aired yet. Me? I prefer to think of it as being on the cutting edge of progressive English rather than just effing up.

dabo 25773 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-13, 00:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Golden Globes"
They did get close to the standard of Billy Crystal, but it took two of them.

01-15-13, 11:36 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Golden Globes"
I didn't see the show, but I finally got around to reading Jodi's speech.

And I was captivated. Especially since, although she probably had a general idea of what she would say, she seemed to be totally in the moment and speaking (ad libbing) from the heart. She has artistic beauty gushing out every pore.

AyaK 10297 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-14, 06:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "One year later"
Tina Fay and Amy Poehler were still funny. And now they've signed on for one more year.

adricharlie 1330 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-16-14, 09:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail adricharlie Click to send private message to adricharlie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Golden Globes"
I read this whole thread before I realized it was a year old.....I am on top of things today as usual

Courtesy of Tribe....

foonermints 12707 desperate attention whore postings

01-16-14, 09:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Golden Globes"
jBug? Care to chime in?

jbug 16808 desperate attention whore postings

01-17-14, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "ummmmmm"
yea. whut?

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •