The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Christmas Loot - Games edition"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-26-12, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Christmas Loot - Games edition"
So what did you get? Any fun games??

Great finds at our house:
- Gobblet Gobblers. Fun take on tic-tac-toe that actually makes the game winnable (and loseable!). Rated for ages 5+, and strangely for a logic game but even kids can beat adults.

- Perplexus. We got our first one (the Original) last year and spent many frustrating hours of total enjoyment. This year we got two new ones - Perplexus Twist and Perplexus Epic. If the Original was frustrating, these are pure evil. But also pure fun. I have made it half-way through the Twist, but will need to spend more time with Epic to get further along.

Any other good finds out there?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 It just isn't a holiday moonbaby 12-26-12 1
   RE: It just isn't a holiday VisionQuest 12-26-12 3
       RE: It just isn't a holiday VisionQuest 12-27-12 16
           RE: It just isn't a holiday arkiegrl 12-28-12 20
 RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition WyoGuy44 12-26-12 2
   RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition Brownroach 12-27-12 13
       RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition CTgirl 12-27-12 15
           RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition Brownroach 12-28-12 17
 RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition Max Headroom 12-26-12 4
   RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition WyoGuy44 12-26-12 5
   RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition cahaya 12-26-12 7
       RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition WyoGuy44 12-26-12 8
           RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition MNgirl 12-28-12 19
               RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition WyoGuy44 12-29-12 24
 RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition cahaya 12-26-12 6
   RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition byoffer 12-26-12 9
       RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition cahaya 12-26-12 11
 RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition jbug 12-26-12 10
 RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition Brownroach 12-27-12 12
   RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition cahaya 12-27-12 14
       RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition Starshine 12-28-12 18
           RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition Snidget 12-28-12 21
               RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition PepeLePew13 12-29-12 22
                   RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition Snidget 12-29-12 23
 RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition angelworth29 12-31-12 25
 RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition Starshine 01-10-13 26
   RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition samboohoo 01-10-13 28
   RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition suzzee 01-10-13 29
   Terrible idea moonbaby 01-10-13 30
   RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition CTgirl 01-11-13 31
   RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition agman 01-11-13 32
   RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition Brownroach 01-11-13 33
       RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition CTgirl 01-13-13 34
 RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition samboohoo 01-10-13 27

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

12-26-12, 04:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "It just isn't a holiday"
unless there is a game after dinner. This time around: Apples to Apples. Lots of fun!
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

VisionQuest 1171 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-26-12, 06:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VisionQuest Click to send private message to VisionQuest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: It just isn't a holiday"
Got Cards against Humanity which is like Apples to Apples, but for the crass and jaded.

VisionQuest 1171 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-27-12, 10:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VisionQuest Click to send private message to VisionQuest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: It just isn't a holiday"
Played yesterday and today and I highly recommend it. Do NOT play with sensitive people or children. It is definitely adult.

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

12-28-12, 10:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: It just isn't a holiday"
Love Cards Against Humanity! I have to thank JSlice for mentioning it on facebook. I also bought the holiday expansion set (30 cards), and have ordered both of the regular expansion packs. I've gotten several friends into this game as well.

WyoGuy44 97 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-26-12, 06:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail WyoGuy44 Click to send private message to WyoGuy44 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition"
No games or gifts but i've heard apples to apples is fun.

Handcrafted by Agman formerly known as deer. d.h.

Brownroach 14241 desperate attention whore postings

12-27-12, 01:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition"
I've played Apples to Apples and it is definitely fun. There is a subjective element to it in a way, so it helps if you can second-guess the people you are playing with.

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

12-27-12, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition"
Do not try to play Apples to Apples with preteen boys. Their plays never make sense. My dad, on the other hand? I often can pick the one he'll like best!

P.S. He HATES playing apples to apples with his younger grandsons. We still tease him about it even though most of the kids are in college.

12-28-12, 00:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition"
LAST EDITED ON 12-28-12 AT 00:17 AM (EST)

That's hilarious! It's probably best played with persons in one's own age range, more or less, so one can at least sort-of gauge the reactions.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

12-26-12, 06:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition"
I got to play an hour-long game of dealing with 18" snowdrifts which exceeded the capacity of my Indiana-sized snowblower (single stage, 4 horsepower). Though the game was not fun, at the end I was the winner.

Aren't you Canadians supposed to be boxing something today?

12-26-12, 06:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail WyoGuy44 Click to send private message to WyoGuy44 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition"
LAST EDITED ON 12-26-12 AT 06:58 PM (EST)

Had to deal with some of those games back in Mn.in the day. Luckily I had a 10 horse dual stage.

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

12-26-12, 07:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition"
Officially, we got 11.5" here in Bloomington, but I think it was more like 12" or 13" where we're at. And the drifts, yikes, two feet in places.

I don't have a snow blower, partly because we're renting this house and the driveway isn't that long (although it is quite wide, for two cars). It took me almost two hours to shovel it, but I needed the exercise after picking up 5 pounds in the last few weeks.

12-26-12, 07:56 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition"
Iv'e been there. Over 12 inches of snow with wind sucks.Once got 36 inches of snow in a 24 hour period back in M.n. That sucked!

MNgirl 214 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-28-12, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MNgirl Click to send private message to MNgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition"
Ahh, yes. The Great Halloween Blizzard of '91. Good times!

Chillaxin with Agman, man! March 2012

12-29-12, 07:26 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition"
Dont forget the great floods we had too. And the 6inches of ice must have been in '91. Truly not fun!

12-26-12, 07:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition"
For us, it was Monopoly, Millionaire edition. The rules are generally the same, but there are some interesting differences in the cards, including forced swap or even stealing someone else's property (but only if they don't hold all of the properties of that color). And the object of the game is different... instead of bankrupting everyone else, the first one to $1 million cash in hand wins.

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

12-26-12, 08:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition"
I am curious about this game, since main problem with traditional Monopoly is that the game never seems to end. Is the new game a good one?

12-26-12, 09:10 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition"
Yeah, I think it solves the problem of long games, because all it takes is for one player to go over $1m in cash, and the game is fairly generous with it. More money goes to the players (or between the players) than into the bank. The basic stuff like buying property, building houses/hotels, mortages, etc. still apply. One rule, though, is that if a player declines to buy a property after landing on it, then it goes up for auction for all players. The board is also smaller, 8 squares to a side, so moving around a full lap is quicker too.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

12-26-12, 08:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition"
not new; in fact the set is over 30 years old; still has all the tiles too!

Scrabble
DH & I play several games a week.

12-27-12, 01:46 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition"
I beat my bro and sis at Scrabble as usual.

Have lately also been playing Bananagrams, which is sort of like Scrabble.

12-27-12, 02:02 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition"
I don't dare play Scrabble with my family unless we make it "team Scrabble", that is, scoring max points for all of us combined compared to previous games.

We do have an Official Scrabble Dictionary to refer to for those obscure words, and we allow advance look ups instead of challenges.

Anyone good at the newspaper game Jumbles is a Scrabble player.

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

12-28-12, 08:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition"
One of my joys at the moment is playing Scrabble with Qwertypie, and WWF with Snidget and Boo.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

12-28-12, 10:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition"
Sent you a WWF word. I didn't play for awhile because it crashed for days on end, so stopped checking in.

Deck the Halls with Sigs of Tribe

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

12-29-12, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition"
There seemed to be a bug with the WWF game - there was an app upgrade on December 15th and it's been screwy since then. Yesterday, I looked around online and saw that many others were having the same issue, so I removed the app and reloaded it, it's been fine since then.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

12-29-12, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition"
I'd been having lots of problems months before that. Seems to be OK now, but who knows for how long.

angelworth29 532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-31-12, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail angelworth29 Click to send private message to angelworth29 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition"
We have a game night with our friends every Friday, so we're always on the lookout for new games. Preferably adult-oriented, so I'll have to check out Cards Against Humanity (?). Our friends got us Battle of the Sexes for Christmas, and we got them Smart #####. Battle of the Sexes is pretty good, as long as you have an equal split of males and females (otherwise the other sex blames their loss on the uneven numbers). Smart ##### is the newest and our new favorite. It's trivia-like, but everyone gets to answer each question, with only a few exceptions. Hints are read one by one, and you can guess at any time, trying to beat your opponents, but if you're wrong, you're out.

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-13, 07:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition"
Since there was already a games thresd I thought I would add this here:

Monopoly piece getting axed

So what goes? And what do you always play with?

The Iron for me (no idea why)

samboohoo 17076 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-13, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition"
I am usually the hat or the iron. My son is always the car. I never even get that as a choice. I'd get rid of the battleship.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

suzzee 4956 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-13, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition"
Always the Scottie for me. I'm wondering if I should start hoarding old tokens since they're going to be collector items.

I should be watched....closely.

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-13, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "Terrible idea"
They should just add one, not take any away!

I like the hat, it's a fine look for the pinky. The shoe, as well, is a great accessory for most digits.

But one must go, huh? Any of the pieces that can be worn or are the most fun ought to stay.

So long: iron or wheelbarrow.

01-11-13, 00:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition"
Dog or thimble for me. But now our Monopoly set is so old, most of the tokens are missing so we have parcheesi pieces and a penny to use instead.

From Tribe's attic

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings

01-11-13, 05:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition"
I always got stuck with the stupid shoe!!!! DS's always fought over the Scottie Dog and thimble. Battleship got lost. I can't remember the other pieces

I always cheated the best though!

01-11-13, 05:39 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition"
I've always thought the thimble is the stupidest token. If one has to be retired, it should be that. I would vote for the guitar to replace it, but I suspect the cat will win in a landslide.

01-13-13, 04:12 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition"
But the thimble never fell over unlike the wheelbarrow and dog!!

samboohoo 17076 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-13, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Christmas Loot - Games edition"
How did I miss this thread.

The Saturday before Christmas, a group of us gathered and had a mini game night. Conner got to play. He loves games as much as I do, which can be dangerous.

We played one, and I can't think of the name of it at the moment - I think it has "english" or a take-off of that in it. But you had a card with a list of words, and you had to get your teammates to guess the word by using describing words for it in three categories. We also played Catch Phrase and Pictionary Man. Conner did great with all three.

For his Christmas, he got a Mario Brothers themed Chess set, and Rummikub.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •