The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"We may owe Charlie Sheen an apology."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-27-12, 08:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"We may owe Charlie Sheen an apology."
Once was probably him.

Twice stands a good chance of being the show.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prospectus/post/_/id/62374/angus-t-jones

Watch out, Ashton. You're next.

Mildly non-PG13 language in the article itself, but not the interview. Front-page story locally. Poor Chuck Lorre: twice in one series...

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: We may owe Charlie Sheen an apo... kingfish 11-27-12 1
 RE: We may owe Charlie Sheen an apo... dabo 11-27-12 2
   RE: We may owe Charlie Sheen an apo... agman 11-27-12 3
 RE: We may owe Charlie Sheen an apo... AyaK 11-27-12 4
 The art of the Hollywood not-sorry. Estee 11-28-12 5
   RE: The art of the Hollywood not-so... kingfish 11-28-12 6
       RE: The art of the Hollywood not-so... dabo 11-28-12 7
           RE: The art of the Hollywood not-so... kingfish 11-28-12 8
 Draggin ' th' Line Draggin' th' Lin... dabo 01-12-13 9
 The New Jake dabo 08-08-13 10
   RE: The New Jake tribephyl 08-08-13 11
       RE: The New Jake dabo 08-08-13 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

11-27-12, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: We may owe Charlie Sheen an apology."
LAST EDITED ON 11-27-12 AT 09:53 AM (EST)

As to the Sheen apology, No.

As to Jones, a 19 YO saying that the show that he has been on for 10 years, earning $350,000 per episode, isn't clean enough for moral people, again, No.

Lorre's output may be, as described in the article, comparable to fecal matter, but with him, as with Kingfish (thatís me, heh heh), you know what youíre going to get and if that's entertaining to you, OK, and if not, OK.

However I am all for Ashton to go off next, but with the two extreme positions in regard to the show already taken, he will have to be pretty darn imaginative to outdo either one. Perhaps an on-air suicide? If so, I hope that at least he maintains gun barrel discipline and there is no collateral damage.

Rethinking Sheen, we do owe him a big thank you for his metaphorical suicide.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

11-27-12, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: We may owe Charlie Sheen an apology."
Well, I can understand his frustration at being Jake. Casting Sheen to play a drinking, doping, out of control womanizer was certainly no way to cure Sheen of being a drinking, doping, out of control womanizer in real life. And here they've gone and turned Jake into pothead Army cook, another few seasons of this and he could turn into Hurley.

I'm surprised they renewed the show for a tenth season, thought they moved it to Thursdays to die slowly and fade away.

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings

11-27-12, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: We may owe Charlie Sheen an apology."
thought
they moved it to Thursdays
to die slowly and fade
away.

I was so hoping that would happen!

I have to admit, I really liked the show until C.S. left!

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

11-27-12, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: We may owe Charlie Sheen an apology."
I don't agree that Angus's religious conversion says anything at all about the TV show.

But there is a reason why virtually all TV show stars opt out around seven or eight years: it's soul-deadening work. A kid actor being sick of and disdainful toward the show that made him rich? Par for the course.

Just to talk about Angus a little more: I'm very familiar with the Adventists, and they tend to be a very committed group religiously that isn't a cult. For example, we have famous adventists John Harvey Kellogg and Will Keith Kellogg to thank(?) for breakfast cereal. But this discussion sounds much more cult-like than normal Adventist talk.

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

11-28-12, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "The art of the Hollywood not-sorry."
http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prospectus/post/_/id/62518/angus-t-jones-on-god-influenced-hatred-of-two-and-a-half-men-sorry-dudes

Athletes caught on steroids, take notes.

11-28-12, 07:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The art of the Hollywood not-sorry."
It's as if he's playing his TV role in real life.

11-28-12, 08:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The art of the Hollywood not-sorry."
Well, it isn't as if he actually said anything that he needed to apologize for (except maybe in the minds of entertainment reporters). Still, it was good fo him to clarify that he wasn't out to hurt or disrespect any of the people he's been working with all these years.

11-28-12, 10:00 PM (EST)
8. "RE: The art of the Hollywood not-sorry."
A goofy kid who has random, usually wildly disconnected thoughts, and is swayed by whomever he listened to last.

I think that describes his 1/2 man character as well as the RL guy in both interviews.

I assume the last person who spoke to him was someone from the show explaining some basic facts of life to him.

"What? You mean I'm not an indispensable character on the show and I could be fired? I'm not even a good actor? And then they would stop paying me? They could do that?"

01-12-13, 09:15 PM (EST)
9. "Draggin ' th' Line Draggin' th' Line..."
Looks like they're going to go for one more year.

http://theclicker.today.com/_news/2013/01/12/16480961-cbs-wants-angus-t-jones-back-for-two-and-a-half-men?lite

Poor kid. Shouldn't he be in college by now trying to figure out what to do with the rest of his life?

Tassler also said that the network was interested in bringing "Two and a Half Men" back for an 11th season, and that Warner Bros. was "equally interested to do the same."

But stars Jon Cryer and Ashton Kutcher, who joined the show in season nine after Sheen left, have not signed on yet. In fact, according to Tassler, none of the cast have put their names on the dotted line as of Saturday.

It's their own fault if they do sign on, IMO. I almost feel sorry for Cryer, though. He used to be a good actor.

08-08-13, 00:41 AM (EST)
10. "The New Jake"
Amber (Joan of Arcadia) Tamblyn.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/two-a-men-amber-tamblyn-600422

men men men men manly men men men men do wah diddy diddy dum diddy do

tribephyl 9688 desperate attention whore postings

08-08-13, 07:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The New Jake"
The article claims there was made a void made by Angus' leaving.
This puzzles me.

He was never really a good character, nor an important one. And even was relegated to "via laptop" cameos for the last few seasons anyways.

As to the new addition... the title is still "Two and a Half Men", are they implying that lesbians are Half-men?

08-08-13, 08:51 PM (EST)
12. "RE: The New Jake"
It's Hollywood think. Angus was still being paid handsomely for every episode, appearing in the title sequence as one of the three stars of the show, even though Jake appeared only infrequently during the past season. Now that his part has been officially reduced to a recurring character that leaves a void according to Hollywood think.

Much as I like Amber, casting a 30 year-old to play a 21 year-old is just more Hollywood think. It might have been interesting had they cast a teenager to play a teenager, deal with a high school age gay character, but it seems this show is intent on remaining in the gutter it found for itself when Jake (Angus) got old enough to no longer be the cute little kid.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •