The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Larry Hagman (81)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-24-12, 03:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Larry Hagman (81)"
Rest in peace, JR Anthony Nelson Ewing.

His role in Superman is so often overlooked.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Larry Hagman (81) Starshine 11-24-12 1
 RE: Larry Hagman (81) samboohoo 11-24-12 2
 So... Estee 11-24-12 3
   Called it. Estee 01-22-13 10
       RE: Called it. AyaK 01-22-13 11
 RE: Larry Hagman (81) Molaholic 11-24-12 4
 RE: Larry Hagman (81) agman 11-24-12 5
 RE: Larry Hagman (81) jbug 11-24-12 6
 CBS Press Release dabo 11-25-12 7
 RE: Larry Hagman (81) AyaK 11-30-12 8
   RE: Larry Hagman (81) dabo 11-30-12 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

11-24-12, 04:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Larry Hagman (81)"
Thought he was perfect in I dream of Jeannie

Sounds like he was sort of entertaining in real life too

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

samboohoo 17076 desperate attention whore postings

11-24-12, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Larry Hagman (81)"
He was one of the best. RIP.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

11-24-12, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "So..."
...who shot him this time?

(Only half-joking: with Dallas back on the air, I'm sure his screen death will be something other than peaceful and next season's central plot.)

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

01-22-13, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Called it."
Central plotline of the upcoming season: who murdered J.R.

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

01-22-13, 07:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Called it."
The story is that Hagman told the producers that he was dying but that his doctors thought he should be able to make it through most of the season. The plan was to have him die in the next-to-last episode of the season and have the last episode feature his funeral.

Needless to say, that didn't work. The funeral will come earlier, in episode 6 or 7.

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

11-24-12, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Larry Hagman (81)"
RIP Major Nelson.

I was wasn't a fan of "Dallas" so to me he will always be "the Master". (But then, I thought he had shuffled off his mortal coil some time ago...)

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings

11-24-12, 03:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Larry Hagman (81)"
RIP JR

spelled out by Tribe

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

11-24-12, 11:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Larry Hagman (81)"

11-25-12, 00:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "CBS Press Release"
http://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/releases/view?id=33722

“Television has seen many stars, but there will only be one Larry Hagman. Larry was a larger-than-life personality, both on-screen and off -- a master showman and brilliant actor who brought to life a character that transcended the medium and truly captivated a nation. Today, we mourn the loss of a friend, but remember a man who brought true greatness to his craft and a television character in J.R. Ewing that will never be forgotten.”

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-12, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Larry Hagman (81)"
I just wanted to point out that, in a business full of snakes and rats, Hagman was a very popular and genuine (if eccentric) person. I think part of the reason he captured the sinister JR so well was that the other actors on the show genuinely liked him, and so they never resented his "star" stature.

Here's a great Hagman story, told by the former head writer for the short-lived (five weeks!) NBC variety show Pink Lady, which starred a Japanese female vocal duo in a variety show on US TV in 1980 (also known as Pink Lady and Jeff).

http://www.newsfromme.com/2012/11/24/my-larry-hagman-story/

11-30-12, 08:41 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Larry Hagman (81)"
That's a great story, thanks for linking it!

Yeah, he always seemed likeable even if some of the characters he played were ruthless or evil or whatever.

People who think J.R. Ewing was bad ought to check out "Mother, Jugs & Speed," Murdoch was a genuinely loathesome character.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •