The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"JS #3 Episode #4: the strap of love."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Joe Schmo Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-23-13, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"JS #3 Episode #4: the strap of love."
On the other hand, if they'd weighted the gun to simulate being loaded and Chase somehow felt the need to pull the trigger, he might have decided it was jammed and tried to beat the actress with it. There are so many ways that situation could have gone wrong -- not in threatening the reveal of the show, but in putting people's safety at risk. And while there were ways to stretch that more towards the comedic (because insulting him while offering sexual favors? Was not it), just about anything they could have pulled off in that situation carries danger depending on how deeply Chase believes this. I realize the show wants to give him the illusion of empowerment, but I would have gone one of two ways with it.

1. Actress is handcuffed to home interior. Chase guards her. She tries to talk her way out of things. Hilarity doesn't necessarily ensue, but it's very unlikely to become physical.

2. Ralph stays with actress while cast & Chase go after the running boyfriend, moving through a pre-rigged neighborhood obstacle course designed to put everyone (but especially Chase) through the wringer. Gosh, who would have thought there was going to be (it's Spike) a nudist colony right there?

As was? Too many ways for things to go wrong. None of them happened -- but to some degree, it's because the show got very lucky. Other results were available.

Random notes:

* The less said about the heart rate challenge, the better. And thus, this is all I'm going to say about the heart rate challenge.

* So what's going through Chase's head regarding the Suddenly Hearing incident? We don't know. His suspicions are there, but I think the confessional team was afraid to press him for details in case it got the gears turning.

* Losing L.V. takes out the only major storyline they had going -- and they'd better be riding those, because there just wasn't a lot of comedy in this episode. You can see other things being set up (because the editing would like to call your attention), but at this point, I don't know if they have any horses suitable for riding.

* We'd better be heading into strangeness. Right now, we're barely skirting the edge of what MB's natural psychos do on a slow day.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: JS #3 Episode #4: the strap of... Loree 01-24-13 1
   RE: JS #3 Episode #4: the strap of... batts 02-05-13 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-24-13, 03:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: JS #3 Episode #4: the strap of love."
There is something missing from this season. Maybe Chase isn't likeable enough. I rewatched both Seasons 1 & 2 and often giggled and cracked up. The cast was just more enjoyable. Bryce and Garold alone could make me laugh in Season 2 and that isn't even mentioning the falcon twist. In season one Matt was just the perfect Schmo. This season needs something to happen. Maybe casting a married man was the problem.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

batts 1725 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-05-13, 03:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: JS #3 Episode #4: the strap of love."
Matt was the perfect Shmo wasn't he?
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •