The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Joe Schmo #3 Episodes #1 and #2 (doubleheader premiere)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Joe Schmo Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-08-13, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Joe Schmo #3 Episodes #1 and #2 (doubleheader premiere)"
tonight

tonight

his life gets ruined tonight!

Which can be an odd way to look at it. Realistically, what does it mean to be picked as the newest of the Schmoes? It means you've just been guaranteed a hundred thousand pretax dollars, plus whatever other prizes the show doesn't quite distribute along the way. Really, it means the casting people thought so much of you that they decided to grant you a gift, a vacation, and your very own cable series.

And really, potentially being turned into a national laughingstock could happen on any reality show. And frequently does.

So here comes Chase, who wants to change his life by changing his occupation. He's here to win the license and financial backing which will allow him to become a bounty hunter.

*deep breath*

YOU FOOL!

Spike, 10 p.m. EST, two hours. Hiatus over.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Joe Schmo #3 Episodes #1 and #2... toad8098 01-09-13 1
 Slow starter... Estee 01-09-13 2
   RE: Slow starter... tribephyl 01-09-13 3
 RE: Joe Schmo #3 Episodes #1 and #2... Loree 01-09-13 4
   RE: Joe Schmo #3 Episodes #1 and #2... Estee 01-10-13 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

toad8098 196 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-09-13, 01:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail toad8098 Click to send private message to toad8098 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Joe Schmo #3 Episodes #1 and #2 (doubleheader premiere)"
LAST EDITED ON 01-09-13 AT 01:05 AM (EST)

for whatever reason, this Chase "Joe Schmo" guy looks familiar to me. not sure how or from where, but the first two episodes were just ok. a little drawn out and over acted by some.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

01-09-13, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Slow starter..."
Some random notes from last night:

Matt's decent-guy status was self-evident. I feel like the editing is trying to ram Chase down our throats. It's not as if he seems to be a bad person, but everyone is so insistent on maintaining his competitive-saint-in-training status as to turn it into the first of the running jokes.
------------------
For people who've been scripting for a year, they don't seem to have come up with many original lines. Some of the show's elements are understandable: they need to control the environment, so field trips are going to be rare. You don't want to chance a spectator recognizing the host (and he is very recognizable in that makeup). So there's generally going to be a mansion and challenges on-site. But -- ye gawds, the camera cues were recycled, the insanity of the luxury items were recycled, the Great Room-Out Scam was a repeat... It stopped feeling like a homage early on and went into 'They ran out of ideas already, didn't they?' I want to give them more time -- and will -- but the sheer amount of rerun wasn't encouraging. And if Chase has even the faintest knowledge of the original (possible: he seems to be fairly genre-savvy), at some point, a bell will go off.
-----------------
If I was going to simulate a deaf contestant, I would have given serious thought to giving the actress some fully-internal earplugs. And given the way they've been doing this, I would have hired an extra intern to screen all the angry mail.
-----------------
I don't like the timing on Lavernius' storyline: having a contestant be too confidential with someone they recently met was Ingrid's last straw. (Admittedly, the story is a lot more believable this time around.) A slowly growing friendship cemented by the alliance would have made more sense and been much less of a risk.
-----------------
Oh, sure: Lorenzo is pretending to be an egotistical self-obsessed jerk... Yeah, let's go with that. Or not. (Why wasn't his luxury item a laser pointer?) And I suspect he'll be back. His elimination came a little too early, a little too easily, was too much in line with Chase's desires -- and was that him with a fresh Lady Justice entry line in the previews? More European Casual commercials for everybody!
-----------------
You can feel the network signature (and interference) humming along in the background. This is very much a Spike series -- which isn't necessarily a long-term positive.
-----------------
There were no few smiles, but no laughs -- until they got to the elimination ceremony, which was so far over the top as to have the apex goosing the moon. It could have been more ridiculous, but something would have had to catch fire -- oh, wait: something caught fire. Never mind. From shamelessly stealing the torches (and then ignoring them) to voting inside a giant skirt (with permission to enter!) and the appearance of the spirit animals (I might sue! -- nah), anything which could have been silly was. And Chase bought it.

If they can maintain that, the season will work. If they can't...

tribephyl 9688 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-13, 04:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Slow starter..."
I'm with ya'. Slow, not a whole lot of laughing but surely enough smiling going on. This series is definitely beginning to feel much like Survivor Africa, in that things are basically the same as they were before, just that the cast isn't as brilliant as the first 2 times out. It all seems a bit forced and rushed and dare I say, predictable.

As always, though, I love the innuendo and am consistently pleased when things go astray from a productorial perspective, leaving the entire production breathless waiting to see if Chase has actually looked behind the curtain.

Losing Lorenzo this early was a bit surprising. Yet, as evidenced from the previews, Lorenzo does have an alternate line when entering lady justice. So, I'm glad to believe we will see him again. (He in fact even noted that he has been kicked off a show before only to return later. So the re-entry has been pre-staged.)
I actually can't wait to see the deaf-girl leave. (Although I'll miss the dummy.) She has seemed to (and seems to continue to) bring production to a standstill because of her reactions to things she SHOULDN'T be able to hear. I thought it was a great move to say "I could feel that!" when the champagne cork blew but Estee is absolutely right in suggesting she wear some sort of earplug. And I agree about LV coming out too early.

Love: Ralph and his wife are hilarious.
The "real" disasters (fire cauldron busting apart) versus the staged (explosive going off torching the demonstration dummy) are extra fun.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-13, 06:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Joe Schmo #3 Episodes #1 and #2 (doubleheader premiere)"
A bounty hunter named Chase. Just a little too perfect.

I want Lorenzo to come back. He was one of the funniest parts of the show. Maybe they can boot deaf girl out by saying she lied and she can really hear. So they bring Lorenzo back in her place.

Surprising they hired so many recognizable people. Chase has already felt like he knew one of them.

Looks like Chase has to go for stitches next week.

01-10-13, 03:40 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Joe Schmo #3 Episodes #1 and #2 (doubleheader premiere)"
We really did get more unknowns the first time around, even if a couple of them didn't stay that way... I needed prompting on previous parts to recognize any of this group, but at least there were other roles to prompt.

Looks like Chase has to go for stitches next week.

I think first-season karma came looking for Matt and missed.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •