The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"LCS #7 Episode #1: Audition Hell Redux."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Last Comic Standing Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57044 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-07-10, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"LCS #7 Episode #1: Audition Hell Redux."
And we're back.

Why?

To Active Forums we go?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: LCS #7 Episode #1: Audition He... Estee 06-07-10 1
 Craig auditions. Estee 06-07-10 2
 A dog auditions. Estee 06-07-10 3
 RE: LCS #7 Episode #1: Audition He... Estee 06-08-10 4
   RE: LCS #7 Episode #1: Audition He... HistoryDetective 08-11-10 5
 RE: LCS #7 Episode #1: Audition He... Agman2 03-06-15 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

06-07-10, 08:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: LCS #7 Episode #1: Audition Hell Redux."
Even Craig's surprised by the return. 'How the hell did that happen?' Given that this remains NBC, I'm guessing the top prize being only a quarter-million had a lot to do with it.

Auditions -- proceed. We have a devil costume. We have deliberately blown jokes. We have gay mustaches. We are looking for the funny.

We may have to keep that up for a while.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

06-07-10, 08:34 PM (EST)
2. "Craig auditions."
Craig gets three No votes.

Wonder how the Mohrpet would have done.

06-07-10, 08:42 PM (EST)
3. "A dog auditions."
Four legs.

Muzzle.

Tail.

Hat.

I wish I was joking about the hat.

06-08-10, 08:38 AM (EST)
4. "RE: LCS #7 Episode #1: Audition Hell Redux."
Okay...

First off: the editors have learned nothing. Somewhere, there's a class being held in How To Make Rejectees Look Worse Than The People Who Advanced, and no one from NBC wants to pay the tuition money. The envelope handouts have always wound up feeling as if half of them were assigned by dart toss: for that, we're still on status quo. It doesn't help to not have figured out the panel's priorities: Natasha has very little discrimination in her laughter, while Andy mostly uses contestants to set up his own jokes.

Spending two hours in Los Angeles makes it feel like we're on track for a very short audition season. Is it possible that we're going to spend another two in Manhattan, then move to the semifinals? Of course it is, because two stops may be all NBC was willing to budget for. (We might presume the contestants are paying their own travel expenses. And hotel rooms. And possibly donating the prize money.) If so, it's a good thing in one aspect: endless audition episodes lose any fun they might have had in a hurry... but at the same time, some people can't scramble cross-country: you'll miss a lot of talent this way. Not that finding any was the top priority to begin with, but you know: principles. Not that NBC has any.

It's too early to truly judge Craig in his role as host: all anyone gets to do at this stage is walk the line, conduct bad interviews, and take up space. Basic Seacrestia. (His interaction with contestants was why I thought Tiffany Haddish was going to advance: she walked all over him.) Regardless, early results do not feel encouraging.

I'm surprised we got a political comedian, but it'll be fun to see people rally (for and against) if he reaches the voting stage. How many 'How dare he!' pages can we get from a three-minute set? Let's find out! And the mandatory deadpanner has some skill, while Ms. Kilmartin likes her shadows deep... but after the casting fiascos we've had before, you never know if someone's getting through on talent or on quota.

Not feeling hopeful yet. Already getting nervous. LCS has arguably been the primer in how to destroy a promising series and while there may not be any meat left on the bones, there's still marrow...

It's clearly not going to be The Year Of The Unusual Ethnic Background.

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-10, 07:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: LCS #7 Episode #1: Audition Hell Redux."
It's clearly not going to be The Year Of The Unusual Ethnic Background.

Nope, it was the Year of the Sausage Party.

I'm suspicious (not really) that only two women made it into the top ten --- and both them were attractive. I thought that some of the women who were less glamorous were much funnier.

Not that it matters: this season passed by with so little notice that it remained in the "Canceled Shows" dungeon.

Agman2 777 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-06-15, 06:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: LCS #7 Episode #1: Audition Hell Redux."
I won't be the last one standing for this show

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •