The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"LCS #6 Episode #2 Torture Thread."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Last Comic Standing Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-29-08, 10:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"LCS #6 Episode #2 Torture Thread."
This is very possibly the single longest audition show of all time.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: LCS #6 Episode #2 Torture Thre... Snidget 05-29-08 1
   RE: LCS #6 Episode #2 Torture Thre... MajorImpact 05-30-08 2
       RE: LCS #6 Episode #2 Torture Thre... Estee 05-30-08 3
 Jackie Kashian (and other issues). Estee 05-30-08 4
   RE: Jackie Kashian (and other issue... teejay 05-30-08 5
 RE: LCS #6 Episode #2 Torture Thre... Bebo 06-02-08 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

05-29-08, 10:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: LCS #6 Episode #2 Torture Thread."
Darn, I have too many other things to DVR.

Let me know what I miss, if anything.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

MajorImpact 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-30-08, 01:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MajorImpact Click to send private message to MajorImpact Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: LCS #6 Episode #2 Torture Thread."
>Let me know what I miss, if anything.

Nothing I saw was rip-roaringly funny so you didn't miss much from a comedic standpoint.... but one of the contestants was a Brazillian woman with big breasts (I mean BIG as in she'd need custom made bras BIG). Her 'act' was to come out in a figure-covering jacket, take it off, and dance. She told no jokes.

05-30-08, 07:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: LCS #6 Episode #2 Torture Thread."
Sheyla Almeida, Z-list actress wanna-be, using the Texas auditions as a publicity stunt. And since the first rule of television when showing the buxom is 'Make them look as stupid as possible', the producers took someone who was giving them exactly what they wanted and ran with it. Which let her get what she wanted, and 'being taken seriously' wasn't it.

*sigh*

I swear, if anyone had known that was coming, we would have gang-tackled her in the line and thrown her in the nearest dumpster with the rest of the useless garbage.

So mortified...

05-30-08, 08:09 AM (EST)
4. "Jackie Kashian (and other issues)."
Looks like the Doug Benson rule was just invoked again: 'We're going to presume she's new to someone.' (If you've already had your own Comedy Central special, you're not exactly a full rookie at this.) You could just about bet she's applied in previous seasons and this is just the first time they've put her through to the next round. Maybe she finally found the right judges. We are seeing a lot of the same people we saw last season, and a few from seasons before that... comedy is subjective, and all some of the applicants is to get someone other than the person who didn't think they were funny the first time.

Which could be a problem in itself, depending on just who's issuing those passes at each stop. You could easily argue that Judge X in Chicago would have passed that comic, but Judge Y in Seattle wouldn't -- too bad that comedian performed in Seattle. With so many people sorting wheat from chaff, we don't have anything approaching consistent judging standards: dark humor flies in one city, gets swatted to the ground in another. Lack of consistency is bad, too much consistency can kill...

On the other hand, they're just casting for quotas and drama anyway. It'll just be a really inconsistent kind of drama. (The holy quotas were presumably carved in stone before we got started.)

teejay 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-30-08, 08:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail teejay Click to send private message to teejay Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Jackie Kashian (and other issues)."
>
> We are seeing a
>lot of the same people
>we saw last season, and
>a few from seasons before
>that...

The red haired chick in Houston (I've forgotten her nema now). She sure looked familiar to me. Has she been on before?

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

06-02-08, 09:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: LCS #6 Episode #2 Torture Thread."
Sigh. So much for having spoiler information. I knew two of the comedians that were going to have a pass to the nightly performance, since Bill Bellamy had picked them when he came to Raleigh, NC. (He's going to a few comedy clubs around the country and giving some free passes to audition at the closest city.) While I saw one of them standing on the stage, his performance was not shown to the audience, and neither of the Raleigh guys got picked to advance.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •