The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Official Summary Real World Austin; Episode 12: My Childhood wasn't exactly Leave it to Beaver"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Real World / Road Rules Forum (Protected)
Original message

batts 1725 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-08-05, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Official Summary Real World Austin; Episode 12: My Childhood wasn't exactly Leave it to Beaver"
LAST EDITED ON 09-08-05 AT 12:34 PM (EST)

This episode starts the realworlders in a meeting with Paul Stekler, who is a University of Texas filmmaker.
"So, lets talk about your projects. Rachel, how far did you get on yours?" Paul asks. Rachel tells him she has a 'roughdraft' of her portrait in basically the order she wanted. Jenn calls it an "assembly." Rachel: "It's a sequence."
"Well, now, Nehemiah, how did you do on your (cough, scoff) portrait?" Paul, the boss asks Nehemiah.
Nehemiah: "I got pretty far on mine, actually, I added effects, voice-overs, ad-titles, background music, frame by frame sequencing, and put so much effort in my portrait of Wes, that you will be blown away by my neverending talent."
Lacey confessional: "I'm selfishly annoyed that Nehemiah did so much on his project, but I can't help but feel that he just wants to be in the spotlight, and have the attitude of 'Look teach, look what I did!'"
We then watch Nehemiah's film portrait of Wes, who is depicted as 'Sleeping Beauty' with grand goals of Conquest.
"What did you think?" Nehemiah asks the boss, with visions of a 6 digit salary in his near future......
Paul shrugs his shoulders, and looks at Nehemiah in utter disbelief at the waste of videotape he has just seen...
Paul: "Pffft... I didn't understand the shot of the stream, there was no story line, your focus was out, I couldn't hear the words babbled, too much distortion, and you fouled up the tint. Oh, my gosh, what a failure!"
Well, okay.... he didn't say ALL of that, but, that's what our film degree student (Nehemiah) heard in his mind.
"I know my profile could have been better, and there's always room for improvement." is Nehemiahs response, as he humbly hangs his head in the shame he has caused himself.
Now, we all know that Nehemiahs portrait was 'OK', to 'pretty good,' compared to what the other Real Worlders have accomplished such as what Lacey has produced..... of the partying going on in the house, and a clip of Rachel talking about how she pleasures herself when she's drunk. Which Lacey looks surprised and says "Oh, My, I don't how that got on my work...."
The meeting ends with Paul urging Danny to catch up, and try filming someone this week, and do a 'film portrait' of someone, then ends the meeting with their assignment of the week, which is to "Go to South by Southwest, and look at what kind of bands are there and how do we try to cast them and have an interesting time." "See you next week."

Let me stop here and ask anyone who is reading this..... Is this a 'Real Job' for the 'Real Worlders'...? Who has jobs like this? I mean..... some people are accountants, some are truck drivers, some are bricklayers, while others pave the streets. Now, there are treetrimmers, cashiers, doctors, carpet layers....... etc. You get my point? I went to Schlitterbahn, (a local Waterpark) and watched in awe at some of the hard working jobs some people actually have..... like this one guy.... his only job was to stand in the water and splash the people floating by.
Am I missing something here? What the heck? I don't understand how people can get jobs like this. My first job, as a teenager was cleaning out 250 CATTLE troughs a day, in a commercial feed yard, and I was grateful to get 3.35 cents an hour. My next job was pumping poison chemical in a mixing tank from 50 pound bags into an airplane, at a crop dusting service. To ME.... these are real jobs!
When I get home from work, my feet hurt, my back aches, I'm exhausted, and I'm lucky to get in one or two reality shows before I call it a day. How do some people get a job like this? I want a job where I have to go sit in a bar, and listen to different bands, then be able to interview them, get their autograph, and decide if I like them or not........ WHAAAAAA?
Maybe I'm just bitter, yeah, thats it. I'm probley just jealous, thats all.....

Ok, enough of my little rant there. Back at the house, the Real Worlders are doing their job, and going through CD's, to decide who they might follow up on...... oh brother...
Lacey tells the others she likes DMBQ, and Enon, a band one might think by looking at her, was half Carpenters, and half Marilyn Manson.
Rachel likes the band 'Hello Goodbye.' Lacey overhears one song, and labels the band 'REJECTS'
Danny likes 'Halifax' and after a brief conversation with him, Lacey sees no point in trying to manipulate Danny any further, and shoos him away, sending him downstairs with The Others (no 'Lost' pun intended there), so she can do more research on the bands SHE likes.
Nehemiah wants a hip hop band, Melinda wants the Go-Go's, and Rachel likes the Carpenters....... ........ but they all agree on liking a group called Halifax. All except for Lacey, who is upstairs, being a busy-body, cackling a bit, over a computer screen. OK..... what's she up to now?

Danny decides to do a video portrait of Nehemiah, and asks Nehemiah what his childhood was like. Nehemiah talks about his struggling boyhood, and describes his family issues of fatherlessness...... (is that a word?), drug abuse, mistrust, and an anger filled atmosphere. Danny is doing his best to get a lot of shots of Nehemiah, and his life synopsis, but he hasn't exactly mastered the camcorder yet.

At the next meeting with Paul Stekler, Lacey speaks up, and tells Paul that "the majority of us like ENON, and DMBQ." As she says this, the 'majority' of the realworlders look a bit confused....
Lacey: "I like Enon because they're very different and artsy fartsy, and happy go lucky, carefree, wonderful, fun loving,...."
Can we see Lacey trying to manipulate the choice of bands the Real Worlders are going to interview, and portray? Everybody else mumbles up a weak "I like HALIFAX," but Lacey will have none of that and tells boss Paul "I hate HALIFAX!" She then wrinkles her nose, grinds her teeth, claws the chalkboard, screeches, and flies around the room on an old broom, demonstrating how she HATES HALIFAX.
Jenn, the other boss, then tells her and the Realworlders "It's not about who they like, and dislike, it's about getting to know them, who they are, what they're about..... that's the project!"

Later at the restaurant, the realworlders are discussing the topic, and one of the girls says to Nehemiah "Lacey is saying you like DMBQ." A surprised Nehemiah replys back that no way does he like DMBQ.
Wes: "Lacey is sitting there behind the scenes conniving her way to get the band that she wants the most."

That night, the seven strugglers decide to do something different, and ...... go to 6th street, for some frolic and fun. Oh, you know it's gonna be a fun filled night, you just know it, cause on the way to 6th street we see Wes and Nehemiah in the front, skipping up the street like little hopscotch girls, on they're way to summer camp. Nope, no trouble tonight. No horse stompings, no bad immature behavior, no drunken brawl, nothing out of the ordinary.....

If you don't read any of this summary..... read this next part... this is the best any Real World show can get....

Our next scene takes us to Nehemiah's head sticking out of the top of a crowd of people, wagging his head back and forth, in a heated conversation with someone, explaining how he "came here to have fun, and not start trouble at nobody's bar!" We then hear him say "Don't put your hands all over me!" "Get off!" "Don't test me, Dont you test me!"
Now we see some flames coming out of Nehemiah's eyes, ears, and mouth, as he is apparently being taunted by a click of peeps in the bar with their sole objective for the night, as doing nothing more than causing trouble with the Realworlders.
A scuffle follows, and Nehemiah recieves an unwanted 'Bahamamama' on his shirt. This is all the immature behavior Nehemiah can take and decides to Open up a can o Whoop @§§ on the whole bar crowd. We see arms flailing..... legs kicking...... fire spewing.... and Wes running, to get our resident 'angry black man' out of there before Nehemiah drop kicks somebody's @§§ over I-35!.
Wes decides his best strategy, is be a bull-dozer, and herd the person that used to be named Nehemiah, back to the real world house. The 'Angry Black Man' that used to be Nehemiah, is still demon possessed, and doesn't respond well to being taken from a bad situation, that he was sure was winnable, down in the ghetto that is 6th street.
Nehemiah is sure, that if released, he can go back to 6th street, and confront that crowd, and spew his angry wrath on them. He is sure that after his wrath waxes hot upon them, and smites them down, they'll never bother with him again.
In the effort to herd Nehemiah back home, Nehemiah's wrath waxes hot on Wren, and Lindsey, two girls that are favorites of the real world guys.
Back at the Real World house, Mr. Hyde turns back into the nice person we know as Nehemiah, at the swimming pool, kicking back with bulldozer/punching bag Wes! Nehemiah tells Wes he called Wren up.........
Wes: "Um, just out of curiosity, why did you call my Wren up?"
"Don't you know she's targeted to be Wes-tagated?"
Nehemiah tells Wes he called her up to apologize for his behavior on 6th street. "I called Lindsey too." Nehemiah says.

Nehemiah calls his mom and talks about his trials in Austin, and how he is struggling to cope with the horrors he faces here. He talks about Lacey, and her attempted manipulation of the choice of bands. He tells her about how he responds with anger to confrontation, and reminds her about how she raised him to be mean and "making fun of people."

Nehemiah decides to do Danny a favor. Ok..... we know Danny is struggling with his project of depicting Nehemiah's video portrait, so Nehemiah sneaks in on the computer, and edits Danny's work ..... (for him, of course)(as a favor, of course)
Now wait a minute, isn't this portrait supposed to project Danny's view of Nehemiah? Not Nehemiah's view of Nehemiah? Hmmmmm......
At the next meeting with Paul Stekler, we see Nehemiah's video portrait,
in a way seen only through the eyes of Nehemiah Danny. We see Nehemiah as a very unique struggling individual, with untapped talent, just waiting to be discovered, explored, and glorified! Who ever will be the lucky person to first get his hands on Nehemiah and tap into this infinite resource of film degree knowledge and background?

What will next week bring us? Will Paul Stekler find out Danny's view of Nehemiah, was done by Nehemiah?
Find out next week on.... The Real World... Austin!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Official Summary Real World Aus... volsfan 09-08-05 1
   RE: Official Summary Real World Aus... ginger 09-08-05 2
       RE: Official Summary Real World Aus... volsfan 09-08-05 3
       RE: Official Summary Real World Aus... arkiegrl 09-08-05 4
           RE: Official Summary Real World Aus... ginger 09-09-05 7
 RE: Official Summary Real World Aus... arkiegrl 09-09-05 5
   RE: Official Summary Real World Aus... DaveThe Dude 09-09-05 6
       RE: Official Summary Real World Aus... arkiegrl 09-11-05 9
           RE: Official Summary Real World Aus... DaveThe Dude 09-11-05 10
               RE: Official Summary Real World Aus... volsfan 09-12-05 11
                   RE: Official Summary Real World Aus... DaveThe Dude 09-12-05 12
 RE: Official Summary Real World Aus... batts 09-11-05 8
 RE: Official Summary Real World Aus... BOYmeetsREALITY 09-17-05 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-08-05, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Official Summary Real World Austin; Episode 12: My Childhood wasn't exactly Leave it to Beaver"
Great job batts! I like the Wes-tagated part

I think you handled the fight scene very well too. Sometimes when peeps are screaming it is hard to keep up with what is going on.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-05, 04:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Official Summary Real World Austin; Episode 12: My Childhood wasn't exactly Leave it to Beaver"
I wax my fondness hot upon you.

09-08-05, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Official Summary Real World Austin; Episode 12: My Childhood wasn't exactly Leave it to Beaver"
Is this code for something?

Handcrafted by RollDdice
Gawd I miss my slutty VH-1 night TV! Where are my hunks?

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-05, 11:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Official Summary Real World Austin; Episode 12: My Childhood wasn't exactly Leave it to Beaver"
*sits at Ginger's feet, gazing at her in awe and admiration*
Damn, I wish I had thought of that! Can you give me lessons?

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

09-09-05, 05:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Official Summary Real World Austin; Episode 12: My Childhood wasn't exactly Leave it to Beaver"
Wax on,
Wax off

Wax on,
Wax off

I have much to teach thee, little one.

09-09-05, 00:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Official Summary Real World Austin; Episode 12: My Childhood wasn't exactly Leave it to Beaver"
Good job, Batts! And I want to know, how can *I* get a cush-job like that? My first job was working in the kitchen at a nursing home. $3.35 an hour, with the un-kept promise of a nickel, yes a nickel an hour raise after a year. I would love to get paid to hang out in a bar. As opposed to doing it for free the way I do now.

DaveThe Dude 967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-09-05, 08:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DaveThe%20Dude Click to send private message to DaveThe%20Dude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Official Summary Real World Austin; Episode 12: My Childhood wasn't exactly Leave it to Beaver"
Great review Batts! Very good!

Sometimes I almost get myself to thinking that these Real Worlders have, somewhere deep within them, something of interest, something deeper than meets the eye. Maybe, if we just give them a little encouragement - and maybe a few years of time - they might show us how interesting, and imaginative, and witty they are. You know, a reason why we watch them bar hop and buffoon their way across Austin. Then, after much thought and a cup of coffee, I realize I am daydreaming. These schmucks are hopeless......

09-11-05, 08:49 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Official Summary Real World Austin; Episode 12: My Childhood wasn't exactly Leave it to Beaver"
they might show us how interesting, and imaginative, and witty they are. You know, a reason why we watch them

Yeah, and Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection,
The lovers, the dreamers and me.

Have some more coffee, Dave!

09-11-05, 11:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DaveThe%20Dude Click to send private message to DaveThe%20Dude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Official Summary Real World Austin; Episode 12: My Childhood wasn't exactly Leave it to Beaver"
I drank lots of coffee, and watched a re-run. It didn't help.

09-12-05, 08:21 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Official Summary Real World Austin; Episode 12: My Childhood wasn't exactly Leave it to Beaver"
*passes the vodka to Dave*

09-12-05, 05:22 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Official Summary Real World Austin; Episode 12: My Childhood wasn't exactly Leave it to Beaver"
Thank you Vols! I feel much better now! The Real World Player Fakers are the same, but at least I feel better.

batts 1725 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

09-11-05, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Official Summary Real World Austin; Episode 12: My Childhood wasn't exactly Leave it to Beaver"
Thanks ALL! for reading my sumry of this last episode. I had a blast doin this one.

BOYmeetsREALITY 308 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

09-17-05, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BOYmeetsREALITY Click to send private message to BOYmeetsREALITY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Official Summary Real World Austin; Episode 12: My Childhood wasn't exactly Leave it to Beaver"
LAST EDITED ON 09-17-05 AT 11:35 AM (EST)

AWESOME JOB, BATTS!

I didn't want to read the summary before I fired up TiVO to watch the actual show.

As usual, the summary was far more enjoyable!

SUMMARY LINE THAT MADE MILK SHOOT OUT MY NOSE:

She then wrinkles her nose, grinds her teeth, claws the chalkboard, screeches, and flies around the room on an old broom, demonstrating how she HATES HALIFAX.

Priceless!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •