The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Official Real World Summary, Episode 6: I only have eyes for you -- and Jello shots"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Real World / Road Rules Forum (Protected)
Original message

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

07-26-05, 11:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Official Real World Summary, Episode 6: I only have eyes for you -- and Jello shots"
Episode 6? How many weeks has this show been on? Seriously. I’ve lost track, but it seems like eons. Sure, that might have something to do with the fact that MTV airs each Real World episode approximately 120 times a day, in between episodes of “Date My Mom” and an occasional airing of that annoying “Holla Back, Girl” video. That being said, I’m not going to do a “previously on the Real World…” because even if you missed all 840 of those airings, you can just go read Vols’ summary, which is far more entertaining than 30 minutes (12.5 minutes if you don’t count the commercials) of this self-indulgent drivel.

We open with Melinda making out with the phantom of the opera (Danny) in the shower. Danny Phantom, as we’ll find out later, is still a little self-conscious about his looks after the Week 1 brawl. Yeah, Danny. You’re hideous. As ugly as Karen Carpenter was fat. Too bad Kevin Spacey’s character from “Seven” doesn’t have a bottle of pills handy. But I digress.

Anyway, Danny Phantom and Melinda are in the shower together and are quite non-plussed when everyone else joins them. Nothing worse than when public shower sex is interrupted. Straight-Lacedy astutely points out: “I don’t need to see any more people in the shower. That’s plenty of sex-ed for me in one night.” Thanks, sweetie. You’ve just eliminated MTV’s program block for the next eight months.

(sound effect of cracking whip) But Melinda is getting to Danny Phantom. She promises that he is the only person she thinks about when she goes out is him. But Danny Phantom wants to get in a few grabs from the groupie drawer. He warns her that he’s going to want to go out on his own, soon.

We’re shown a few establishing shots of the University of Texas, but sadly, no gunman is atop the tower to take out these morons. There’s a quick “at work” sequence with Bad-Haired Boss, and no one cares. Yeah. The “real world” is all about getting a job and having “executive producers” tacked to your name right away. That’s how the Weinsteins got started, I hear.

After work, Danny Phantom is asking for advice from Stifler and Obadiah. Stifler, who would make a fine Bad Idea Bear ("Avenue Q"? Anyone? Anyone?), tells Danny Phantom to dump her and have lots of sex. Just like Stifler would be doing if he had a drop of charm or was moderately attractive. But Zephaniah tells him he might be giving up “something special” for a bunch of BS. Perhaps by “something special” he means “someone who’s had a lot of time and practice in building up antibodies for STDs.”

But Danny Phantom is still feeling ugly. He begs Melinda to stay in and have lots of sex, but she goes out and leaves him in the hot tub with a beer. And she’s thinking of him the whole time, I’m sure. MTV tries out some Brian de Palma split screen action, showing Danny Phantom in the hot tub and Melinda dancing with the girls – well, Brian de Palma without any artistic point, that is.

Hey! Dr. Shepler’s back! I'm still disappointed that he's not Dr. Red Duke. He’d never subject us to those vomit-inducing close-ups of Danny Phantom’s stitches coming out. After that’s done, Dr. Shepler tries his hand at double-entendre, telling Danny and Melinda that he needs to avoid contact sports. But the joke’s on him. Sex with Melinda is about as much of a challenging sport as bowling with those bumpers in the gutter.

Have you ever been in a public chatroom, and someone with no profile sends you a private message asking you to “cum see his/her Webcam?” Well, Jonah has met one of those chatroom bots in the flesh! He and Stifler go onto Skankazon.com to select the best-looking cheerleaders to go out with them that night. I don’t have the heart to tell them that the state of Texas has banned cheerleaders from acting sexy in public, punishable by a seat in Old Sparky.

The boys talk Danny Phantom into going out with the Debbie-Does-a-city-to-the-south-of-Dallas crew. The girls, meanwhile, decide to go out to a nice dinner. Melinda wears a slinky black dress that has the boys drooling and Danny Phantom rethinking his decision. Straight-Lacedy, meanwhile, wears a black dress that Laura Bush rejected because it didn’t show enough skin. Oh, and Johanna went out, too. There. Now she’s included in the summary. She bored me this week.

While we’re on commercial, can I mention how stupid "That 70’s House" looks, judging by the ads? First of all, there are hot people on that show. Nobody looked good in the 70s. Plus, do we really need another reference that makes us think of Ashton Kutcher?

When we come back, the girls are sipping martinis, and on the other side of town, Cheerleader Skank #6 slips her number to Danny Phantom and asks him to call her sometime. He doesn’t want to, however. Maybe it’s the egg carton-full of shots he’s taken, but he can’t think of anyone but her Melinda and has no interest in the cheerleading “floozy,” as he calls her. I’m so glad to see that his last drinking incident has made him wiser as far as moderation.

Beyond sloppy drunk, Danny Phantom makes his way home. Melinda is already there, threatening to go out and sleep with every guy she sees if he dares come home with another girl. But alas, at least alas for the slut-loving straight male community in Austin, he comes home alone and heads straight to the toilet. And may I say thank you, MTV, for cutting away before the puking begins.

Whoops. Spoke too soon. We’re back to the puking as Melinda stands over him.

The next morning, Danny Phantom has a killer hangover, and Stifler is proud. It means he did a good job of reintroducing him to the wild, he says. Yeah, if by “wild” you mean getting plastered yet still coming home alone. Oh,sorry. I forgot who we were talking about.

Danny Phantom and Stifler are still drunk on the way to work, which does not please Straight-Lacedy. She’s excited about this South by Southwest festival, wants to get the job done and keep people on track. Any more lip like that, young lady, and MTV will kick your butt off the show so fast… We close the work day with rude yawns by Danny Phantom, Stifler and Habbukuk as Woman-Whose-Name-I-Didn't-Pay-Attention-To is talking.

We end the episode with a very anti-climatic Valentine’s Day moment. Earlier in the show, Danny Phantom had set up at $99-per-couple dinner at Oasis for he and Melinda. But as they’re going out, Melinda decides she has to wash her hair. She’s never really had a Valentine’s Day date, you see. That would require a second phone cal. Besides, what a cheapskate. A nice meal should cost $99 per person.

Coming up next week, tragedy strikes over the phone. Danny Phantom weeps and wails and begs his father to tell him he’s lying because, obviously, somebody died. Probably his parakeet. At any rate, I’m glad I won’t be summarizing, because even I would feel a little guilty being snarky about a death -- especially since the Bible will somehow be involved. I’ll have to laugh, however, if the book is opened to one of the minor prophets.

A kyngsladye/IceCat masterpiece.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Official Real World Summary, Ep... volsfan 07-27-05 1
 RE: Official Real World Summary, Ep... batts 07-27-05 2
   RE: Official Real World Summary, Ep... uglier than sarah w 07-27-05 3
       RE: Official Real World Summary, Ep... DaveThe Dude 07-28-05 4
 RE: Official Real World Summary, Ep... sammyboy22 07-28-05 5
   RE: Official Real World Summary, Ep... LibraRising 07-29-05 6
       RE: Official Real World Summary, Ep... DaveThe Dude 07-29-05 7
       RE: Official Real World Summary, Ep... sammyboy22 07-29-05 8
           RE: Official Real World Summary, Ep... Desideratum 07-29-05 9
               RE: Official Real World Summary, Ep... DaveThe Dude 07-30-05 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-27-05, 08:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Official Real World Summary, Episode 6: I only have eyes for you -- and Jello shots"
LAST EDITED ON 07-27-05 AT 08:28 AM (EST)

Besides, what a cheapskate. A nice meal should cost $99 per person.

Remember, we are talking about a straight guy in his 20's.

GREAT Summary! I lvoed the Danny Phantom. You really did sharpen your claws on vacation and I am so glad!

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

batts 1725 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

07-27-05, 08:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Official Real World Summary, Episode 6: I only have eyes for you -- and Jello shots"
>Have you ever been in a
>public chatroom, and someone with
>no profile sends you a
>private message asking you to
>“cum see his/her Webcam?” Well,
>Jonah has met one of
>those chatroom bots in the
>flesh! He and Stifler go
>onto Skankazon.com to select the
>best-looking cheerleaders to go out
>with them that night. >>cheerleading “floozy,” as he calls
>her. >
webcam? hey...... I used to be that person! lol...

>Earlier in the show, Danny
>Phantom had set up at
>$99-per-couple dinner at Oasis for
>he and Melinda
just a side note.... the 'Oasis' (restaurant with a gazillion levels of wood 'deck' overlooking Lake Travis and Hippie Hollow) burned down about 2 months ago, after a bolt of lightning hit it. It was the biggest restaurant I've ever been to in my life! They are rebuilding now, though....
Great summry Libra!

uglier than sarah w 303 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-27-05, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail uglier%20than%20sarah%20w Click to send private message to uglier%20than%20sarah%20w Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Official Real World Summary, Episode 6: I only have eyes for you -- and Jello shots"
Is the Oasis really that nice? I went there once and it was like a hamburger and beer joint with a nice view...Maybe they do it up nice on Valentine's Day, because it didn't seem $99 to me...

but it was huge and did have a great view.

DaveThe Dude 967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-28-05, 09:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DaveThe%20Dude Click to send private message to DaveThe%20Dude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Official Real World Summary, Episode 6: I only have eyes for you -- and Jello shots"
Can you imagine shelling out a whopping $99.00 for a Valentine's Day dinner date and Mel says she can't go because she has never had a real Valentine'd Day date and she thus must wash her hair instead?!? Maybe we should give Dan the Man some credit: Some people of the MTV Generation would have flipped out and grabbed an axe.......

II still think Johanna literally snears with disdain at Rachel when Rachel opens her nonsensical mouth. I really think she nearly hates the little uncool pudgeball. By the way, did anyone ever eat that melted ice cream that Rachel's Einstein "boyfriend" sent her through the mail? Good grief!!

sammyboy22 168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-28-05, 10:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sammyboy22 Click to send private message to sammyboy22 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Official Real World Summary, Episode 6: I only have eyes for you -- and Jello shots"
I think your summary was very good. I am somewhat bored with this season... I loved when you talked about Lacey's dress, what was she wearing? She looked like a nun or a mom or something. It was weird. Also, here is a side note, Is it just me or is Wes really annoying or really ugly or both? I don't know how they he!! he is getting all the girls he is, it must just be because he is on The Real World.... jmho

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

07-29-05, 00:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Official Real World Summary, Episode 6: I only have eyes for you -- and Jello shots"
Hi, Sammy!

Actually, I haven't seen Wes have much luck with the girls. They might talk to him, but they don't do much more than that. And you're right -- he's all the above.

A kyngsladye/IceCat masterpiece.

07-29-05, 02:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DaveThe%20Dude Click to send private message to DaveThe%20Dude Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Official Real World Summary, Episode 6: I only have eyes for you -- and Jello shots"
Wes has no game. Period. He is like the average Gangsta rapper who claims to have talent. Not!

sammyboy22 168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-29-05, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sammyboy22 Click to send private message to sammyboy22 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Official Real World Summary, Episode 6: I only have eyes for you -- and Jello shots"
Your probably right. Maybe the way he talks it just seems like he gets a lot of girls but, in reality he doesn't. Now I really don't like him. I have met one too many of those kind...

Desideratum 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-29-05, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Desideratum Click to send private message to Desideratum Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Official Real World Summary, Episode 6: I only have eyes for you -- and Jello shots"
Everytime I see Wes on tv I ask myself what girl in her right mind would even bother with him? Great summary though!!

07-30-05, 10:52 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Official Real World Summary, Episode 6: I only have eyes for you -- and Jello shots"
You're right. On the high sea of wisdom and the ocean of coolness, Wes's ship has sunk. This boy has no game. NO GAME!!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •