The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Boston Legal"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Non-Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Swami 5883 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-04-04, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Boston Legal"
I really enjoyed the premiere episode. The ensemble cast is interesting, Spader was terrific and Shatner is perfect to play the aging Lothario who is legend in his own mind. I thought it was smart and funny.

I also liked the scene at the end, where the dissolute lawyer Denny (Shatner) sat in a big easy chair on a balconey with the Boston skyline and a bunch of stars in the background. It was such a visual take off of the bridge on the Enterprise. Too funny!

my first Slice original!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Boston Legal sablebunny 10-05-04 1
 RE: Boston Legal Femme 10-05-04 2
 RE: Boston Legal MTW1961 10-06-04 3
   RE: Boston Legal shobaggs 11-14-04 4
 RE: Boston Legal Denalio 05-17-06 5
   RE: Boston Legal Finale Sunny_Bunny 05-18-06 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

sablebunny 156 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

10-05-04, 00:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sablebunny Click to send private message to sablebunny Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Boston Legal"
I liked it too. After many years of not watching anything on ABC I am surprised to find myself really enjoying their new shows.

Having been an attorney in my past life, I generally can't stand legal shows. But I love watching Spader do all his little unethical things then flash that little look that says "gotcha." I also just love watching Spader.

This show is so over the top I can just sit back and enjoy it without feeling the need to put my lawyering hat on and grit my teeth at the procedural nonsense that often passes for courtroom drama.

And I love your point about Shatner on the balcony. I had not thought of it but now that you put it that way I can totally see the Trek.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-05-04, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Boston Legal"
Oh I agree. Spader was my favorite part, he was brilliant. I think the best thing about this show is what you said, Swami... It's smart. It's been awhile since I have seen anything quite so witty, I hope it can hold out, as it's not often I watch non-reality television.

Femme

"Shock me, shock me, shock me with your deviant behavior."

MTW1961 4029 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-06-04, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MTW1961 Click to send private message to MTW1961 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Boston Legal"
Hmmm, I didn't think it was smart or witty. I thought the ending where he got pictures of the slimy husband with a hooker showed a lack of imagination. I hated the music. I hated the alpha-male games between Spader and the other guy. I hated the premiere episode. Barely made it to the end.

I loved the Practice and especially liked it with Spader last season, so I was really looking forward to this show. Greatly disappointed.

Since you all liked it so much, maybe I'll give it another try. It's only 44 minutes of my life!

Handcrafted by RollDdice!

shobaggs 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-14-04, 01:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shobaggs Click to send private message to shobaggs Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Boston Legal"
I Like the show is it me or does spader act a little sissy how he talks Move over mcderott spader coming in I
DONT THINK SO I miss the practice and Boston legal better be careful as soon as people get to enjoy it David will start handing out pink slips The practice won thave crash and burn had he not fired the main characters it be great if he had Bobby on his show as himself It would of been great if kelley would have some of ht epeople from the practice on there too and I think Shatner is so funny on there

Denalio 903 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-17-06, 03:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Denalio Click to send private message to Denalio Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Boston Legal"
This show continues to amuse me! I had to laugh when I heard the little comment made by Shatner's character tonight that refers to the show as a show! Tonight he asked Candace Bergen's character to kiss him since it was sweeps week! I've only noticed it once before when Shatner as Denny Crane said he could have participated in some sort of ruse the other lawyers were doing since he's a good actor, he has a Emmy to prove it!

Just the little weird touches that crack me up!

And Spader is such a hoot! I love the writing and the even though it's so often outrageous, I find it works for me in the same Desperate Housewives sort of way! Maybe it's subtitle should be "Desperate Lawyers"

And that music, "Whaaaaaaa waaaaa deeeedle dee deeee" fits its absurd quality!

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-18-06, 08:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Boston Legal Finale"
I agree.

This show cracks me up. It's very irreverent - polished in an unpolished way. And I love the music score w/ the staccato editing as the segways.

The finale was the writers making fun of themselves. Is that recursive? Show within the show is right. They kindof broke the third wall, in a witty way.

(BTW, this is Ra, not SunnyBunny)

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •