The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Major format changes."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences American Idol General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-22-10, 10:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Major format changes."
'Over the next nine months, the total number of artists who need to promote an upcoming release is zero.

Okay, would you believe that after paying the new judges their salaries, 'zero' is the amount of budget we have left?'

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/american-idol-adding-in-house-mentor-changing-performance-format-11563.php

So we'll have people singing genres week after week instead of themes? Gee, I guess Archie was just a few seasons too early...

I'm not sure what to make of this yet. On the one hand, this keeps people from having that one 'I have no idea what this is' week: for the other, it lets Kara get her dream a little too late -- everyone into your boxes and don't come out. And new song restrictions? Let me guess: now we're down to forty seconds.

Definitely one of those cases where we need to see how it all works out -- but no matter what happens, they've just given up a lot of star power with no way to get it back. And that's going to hurt them.

Plus side: no David Hasslehoff catalog week!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Major format changes. Snidget 09-23-10 1
 Goodbye, Top 24 rounds -- Estee 11-19-10 2
   Add a time change, as well vince3 11-20-10 3
 They swear this is how it's going t... Estee 01-12-11 4
   RE: They swear this is how it's goi... mindy23 01-18-11 5
       RE: They swear this is how it's goi... Estee 01-18-11 6
   RE: They swear this is how it's goi... American Idol 01-19-11 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-10, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Major format changes."
Since the people that seem to do well are the ones that turn everything into their own genre for the last few seasons, might as well go with it.

As much as I like the trainwreck of forcing people way outside their box it really hasn't been working well.

I hope some of the change may mean they can't just play an exact copy of a cover on youtube and everyone pretends the did something completely original. Too many people know exactly how to find the track used for the "completely changed it up all by your lonesome" thing we see on the show.

I think getting rid of the mentors makes sense. They really haven't done much in the way of anyone good lately and no mentors is better than ones that people can't figure out what they heck advice they are supposed to be able to give beyond do what the industry tells you to do and hope the autotune and your good looks will distract people from your real singing voice.

Just because you have a album coming out doesn't mean that you really have anything to add to the show. Besides they can let people perform without being mentors for promotional/ratings purposes.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

11-19-10, 05:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Goodbye, Top 24 rounds --"
-- hello, Apprentice tasks.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/American-Idol-Changes-1025743.aspx

It only gets worse from here.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-10, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Add a time change, as well"
Well, at the very least, the next season of DWTS won't be competing directly with AI...

AI's moving to a Wednesday/Thursday format...

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/american-idol-moving-wednesdays-and-thursdays-for-tenth-season-11736.php

01-12-11, 12:58 PM (EST)
4. "They swear this is how it's going to work."
You know, unlike the last six things they swore to six different sources, every last one of which had been told they were getting an exclusive.

http://tinyurl.com/4e4wy27

And they're still leaving crucial details out.

Just over six weeks to get from The Pointlessness Of Auditions to The Ones Who Will Finally Sink The Franchise. Paula's so happy about her timing on the escape, she's going to go get not drunk twice.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-18-11, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: They swear this is how it's going to work."
The ship is in dry dock and they are working desperately to make the necessary repairs so that it may soon sail again.

The question is: is that ship so delapidated and rusted out that there is NO way it will ever set sail to the oceans again?

It's a 'wait and see' season, isn't it??

01-18-11, 12:10 PM (EST)
6. "RE: They swear this is how it's going to work."
Sort of. I was planning in tuning in with my eyes closed.

American Idol 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-19-11, 09:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail American%20Idol Click to send private message to American%20Idol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: They swear this is how it's going to work."
www.AmericanIdol.pro

Bummer they did not ask for my vote

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •