The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Sobering news about Todd Herzog"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

PepeLePew13 25409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-11-13, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Sobering news about Todd Herzog"
This is a stunner... I've seen brief references on Twitter and elsewhere that he likes a little party here and there, but had no idea it was this deep.

Coming soon this month, Todd Herzog will be featured on a Dr. Phil episode and it's been said that he is close to death from alcoholism. He does not look good at all in the video in the link here from Reality Blurred:

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_china/2013_Nov_11_todd-herzog-alcoholism-dr-phil

Let's hope that Todd gets the help he needs, whether it's from Dr. Phil or from an intervention, and he is able to fully recover.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Sobering news about Todd Herzog Snidget 11-11-13 1
 RE: Sobering news about Todd Herzog dabo 11-11-13 2
 RE: Sobering news about Todd Herzog Estee 11-12-13 3
 11/19 dabo 11-16-13 4
   Date Change: 11/18 dabo 11-16-13 5
       RE: Date Change: 11/18 PepeLePew13 11-16-13 6
 RE: Sobering news about Todd Herzog dabo 11-20-13 7
   RE: Sobering news about Todd Herzog Snidget 11-20-13 8
 episode link dabo 11-20-13 9
 Update Estee 11-14-14 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-13, 05:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Sobering news about Todd Herzog"
I heard he was going to be on Dr. Phil, I thought maybe he was shilling a book or something.

Sorry to hear it is something a lot more serious. Hope he gets the help he needs.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

dabo 26538 desperate attention whore postings

11-11-13, 08:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Sobering news about Todd Herzog"
Oh no, he's one of my favorite winners. Hope things work out for him, there are just so many paths to failure with a problem like this.

Estee 56973 desperate attention whore postings

11-12-13, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Sobering news about Todd Herzog"
No one of reasonable intelligence who sees Dr. Fullofhimself can go in expecting help, which is why he generally tries to exclude that category. All appearing on the show will do is satisfy Todd's other addiction: attention.

So at least we know he's healthy enough to have one of his old priorities in place. And if he looks smug throughout the non-interview, two.

This isn't entirely bashing him: it's making a serious question out of his venue choice. I hope he recovers. I just don't see how this is going to assist in any part of it.

11-16-13, 00:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "11/19"
Checked the listings on DP and Todd's ep will be airing locally on Tuesday 11/19.

11-16-13, 01:19 PM (EST)
5. "Date Change: 11/18"
Switched to being Monday's show.

PepeLePew13 25409 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-13, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Date Change: 11/18"
Yes, the promos for the Dr. Phil show itself indicated that it will be on Monday.

Here's a little more info on Todd's appearance:

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_china/2013_Nov_14_todd-rehab-dr-phil-details

11-20-13, 00:24 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Sobering news about Todd Herzog"
LAST EDITED ON 11-20-13 AT 00:25 AM (EST)

Finally had a chance to watch the show, and wow that was rough. When Todd finally arrived on the set he was drunk and blew a .263 blood alcohol level, and he was looking bad.

Fortunately, by the end he had agreed to go into treatment, he would be at some center for at least 90 days. And given that he normally drinks 2 to 3 bottles of vodka a day I bet the first week was just weaning him down.

Sandra Diaz-Twine showed up to support Todd! God bless her.

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_china/2013_Nov_19_dr-phil-exploitative-necessary

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-13, 07:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Sobering news about Todd Herzog"
Yeah, it is going to need to be a careful and controlled detox. The DT's from cold turkey from that amount of heavy (may need an adjective more than heavy) drinking can be fatal.

11-20-13, 03:30 PM (EST)
9. "episode link"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Vcj-wA9jaY#t=10

Estee 56973 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-14, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Update"
He was on again yesterday and will have the close of his segment tomorrow. Basically, according to Dr. Fullofhimself, Todd's on the verge of death again. He got through rehab and made it through 114 days sober, but didn't go through aftercare and relapsed. At the point he'd reached before being hauled back on, he'd had a blood alcohol level of 0.05 at least once -- his tolerance is just that high how -- and has started to hallucinate.

It was all starting to look promising until Todd refused to go into Texas for his treatment or followup, citing that the state's treatment of gays helps drive him to drink. This set Dr. Full off with 'Texas has more gays than Utah' (which proves what, exactly?) and then they went to the To Be Continued.

Basically, he's at that point where he will drink himself to death -- and may see that result as the best of all possible options. And he's in the hands of someone who's using his illness for ratings. Whee...

The results matter, and if the Jerk Of Record can help, good. I just don't trust the helping hand not to become a Look At Our Viewership Spike fist.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •