Much better episode this week, though the boot was equally predictable. It was as if the editing was trying to make up for lost time with the Villians as we got to spend a lot of time in their camp this week. Much easier to make a list this week with a lot of big changes.
1. B-Rob - Still #1. Great confessionals. Does anyone know the game better than this guy? He showed he knows exactly what is going on. Loved the comment about how dangerous a couple can be and he should know. Finally lost a challenge, including Colby finally getting some revenge from the whoopings Rob put on him in S8, but the Villians had no chance in that challenge from the moment it was explained.
2. Tom - Still the MAN #2. Did what he had to make peace. Started the Heroes off in their domination by teaching Russell an important equation- Momentum = Mass X Velocity. Come on now, for how many people was Russell being quickly planted in the mud an all time great Survivor moment? I'm not even a Russell hater, but I got a huge kick out of it.
3. Coach- Deserves his spot after getting the sunset soliloquy with the speech from Dr. King. Also had a couple other great confessionals including the one about Parvati's flirting and the one about how he is the only person of honor on the show. Hahaha... Great stuff. Also the only Villian other than Parvati to even come close to winning in the challenge.
4. JT- At least as far as the editing has shown, he is playing harder than anyone else on the Heroes. For a strong player and a past winner, he has stolen the swing vote role from Cirie and Candice and even made a move to break them up. Beating Tyson in the challenge was basically just familiar ground.
5. Parvati- Kind of like Cirie got in the first episode, we got an episode of everyone pontificating on how dangerous a player Parvati is. Unless it was only done to add suspense to an otherwise predictable vote, it bodes well for Parvati. Like Rob, she always seems to know what is going on in the game, and obviously, her charm is something special, enough to even get Jerri wishing she had it in real life. Actually, I think her tribe can trust her. Sort of like Cirie, I don't think a good end game for Parvati would include her former alliance mates. I don't know that she'd win a vote against any of them. She can't hope for the brainless and byotches she had on her last jury. Lastly, her trust of Russell could be a weakness.
6. Amanda- Gets the 6 spot and the 2nd top woman for being my girl, looking good, and beating the strongest woman on either tribe- Danielle. Surprising win for the Heroes in a match up the Villians HAD to win. As I've said before though, she has always been a strong challenge performer. She has not gotten a lot of screen time the last two episodes, but that is fine with a long ways to go yet.
7. Russell- He is dropping in my book, but still warrants top 10 consideration. Good confessionals though they are starting to get old. Where is his HII? Maybe the accusations Laura made that the crew was helping him find idols was true. That would explain why he is not having such luck this time around. Episode put him in two uncomfortable situations. One where Coach and Rob lectured him about Parvati and two where Tom planted him unceremoniously in the mud. Some props has to go to a guy who sleeps between Parvati and Danielle though. Not a bad place to be.
8. Cirie - Quickly went straight to Candice to address JT's comments. Smart move going to the source, though smarter move might have included telling Candice it was JT. Also surprisingly dominated Jerri in the challenge.
9. Candice- Might have over-reacted to JT's comments to Cirie, but time will only tell whether any real damage was done. She showed again that she is a strong challenge performer as well with a well-fought win over Parvati.
10. Sandra- Liked her comments in TC and was surprised she was so easy on Coach instead of going off on him when he lectured her. Loved the "machete grew legs and walked away" comment. I believe her and Rob were the leaders of the vote, sealing Randy's fate by insisting on a unanimous vote. Her and Courtney picked the perfect challenge to sit out.
11. Colby- Got some revenge on Rob in the challenge after Rob made him look bad in S8. He otherwise has little role, but I still like him enough to have him here.
12. Danielle- I am a big fan of them, her, I mean. Surprised Amanda beat her in the challenge, even with Amanda being a strong woman. Danielle is pretty hot, I mean, athletic.
13. Tyson - He is good for one humorous barb a show, no more.
14. Jerri- Pathetic, drunk-like performance in the IC. Had the right idea in wanting to vote out Parvati, but Rob and Sandra both got far by having strong tribes. They weren't willing to weaken the tribe this early.
15. Courtney- Just sit there and look cute. No other purpose right now. Maybe can get some more snarky confessionals with Randy gone. Like Sandra, picked the right challenge to sit out.
16. James- Way to dominate the old man. Impressive. Come on, man.
17. Rupert- Only Hero to get momentarily beaten in the challenge, though Coach clearly cheated. Is getting the Soul of the Tribe edit, which is unfortunate because I don't care for his drama queen confessionals.
You say goodbye. I say goodbye.
Sugarloom - miscast
Stephanie- never should have come back. Where is my girl Laura?
Randy- Fitting that the first boots from both tribes was the least worthy cast member from each tribe. Dude, jump into the mud and save yourself the pain and humiliation of having James plant you there. Wiser side of valor, mon. He was right that Parvati would have been the smarter vote. The Villians will never be as strong as the Heroes no matter who gets voted out. But, like Randy, doesn't matter what I think.