The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S20 Heroes vs. Villians - Love/Loathe List- Ep 1"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-14-10, 01:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S20 Heroes vs. Villians - Love/Loathe List- Ep 1"

Alright, with Aruba out (inexplicably), someone has to get this going. We already knew everyone coming in, and we got 2 hours with screen time for virtually everyone.

1. Da Rob - #1 on my preseason list and #1 by a mile here. Who else could it be? A couple Cherokees thought his making fire by rubbing two sticks together was off the hook. More than gaining fire, that single event solidified Rob as the leader of the tribe, and as we have seen over and over again, a tribe with a leader is a more successful tribe than one without. Puzzle performance might have been luck as much as anything else, but it only further solidified his place in the tribe.

2. Russell - Aided by the fact no one has seen his game before, Russell went into his game full speed ahead, once again targeting women to make F2 alliances with. Surprisingly, he seemed to have no more difficult time pulling veterans into his web as he did pulling in his Dumb Chicks alliance. I really can't blame the editing for showing so much of him again because his confessionals are just golden. Did he gather enough power to take on Rob? I don't think so, but I don't think he is foolish enough to try if it is even in doubt.

3. JT - Surprisingly, JT was kind of the Russell of his tribe, hustling to make multiple alliances with other strong players. Even though he is a winner and a strong player in every aspect, he was never even thought about as a possible first boot. His confessionals revealed the same ole JT, just a naturally charismatic and unassuming guy. Sweet with the chicken too.

4. Amanda - Loved seeing her again, looking better than ever. Loved listening to her again in confessionals. She played a prominent role in this first episode, and I hope that continues. Sugar targeting her meant nothing because no one else agreed. The puzzle debacle could have happened to anyone. She has won puzzle challenges before so I just think that was an aberration. Rare woman who is strong in challenges, strong in game play and extremely likable. Only weakness is other women's jealously, basically. As mentioned elsewhere, I'm not sure she can really trust Cirie, but for all of Cirie's talk about Amanda not being as strong as her strategically, Cirie deferred to Amanda when deciding on who to vote for.

5. Candice - Probably strongest all around performance by a woman this first episode was by Candice. She did well in both challenges, as expected, and appeared to position herself well by being seen discussing the vote with multiple factions. An alliance between her and Colby would be very interesting, and I could see her working with Amanda and Cirie as well. She might have come in as an outsider, but she did well to change that quickly.

6. Tom - Considering the target on him, it was an accomplishment that people were actually considering booting Stephanie instead of him. Once again, he made nothing but solid moves. His reasons for making an alliance with JT were very sensible, even if JT seemed somewhat insincere about the whole thing. And his idea to go after the normally UTR Cirie was brilliant. No consensus existed on the tribe yet to make that big of a move, however. We will see if he and Stephanie move fast enough to get a couple more players in their fold. If they do not, they will be targeted again.

7. Coach - Like it or not, it was a very strong episode for Coach. He used his newfound bulk to dominate Colby in the RC. He seemed to make some connections in the Villians tribe, including with Rob, and of course the out of no where connection with Jerri, which I found very entertaining. Entertaining confessionals as well, and the editing really played him up. That's a good sign at least in the short term.

8. Sandra - Everyone should know I consider her PI victory a pox upon the history of Survivor. However, she seems to relish the villian role, and I think this season could give her a chance to shine. An alliance with Rob would be VERY interesting. Also, of course tremendous performance in the IC.

9. Cirie - Surprising that her and Amanda could have such a poor puzzle performance, and Tom targeting her for the first vote shows that UTR may no longer be an option for her. Still, for Cirie fans, there was a lot in the editing to love. The season started with a confessional from her, and Tom's targeting of her might have had no purpose other than to compliment her game.

10. Stephanie - Tough chick. Separated shoulder? Ah, just snap it back into place and its all good. She even initially didn't want medical to look at it. She complained far less about her shoulder being separated than Rupert did about his pinky toe. I was wrong about her too. Its good to see her again.

11. James - Dude is huge. Good story about his grandma and the chicken.

12. Parvati - Surprised she had so little screen time. Basically got to gush over Russell, and that was it. Nice wrist lock used on Cirie. Dislocating Stephanie's shoulder seemed like an accident.

13. Tyson - Nearly invisible except for one great confessional comment about Colby, and one determined stare before the IC.

14. Colby - I can only drop him so far. It is still great to see him, and he got a lot of screen time. Embarrassing RC performance, and mysterious reaction to somewhat attractive woman wanting him to help her stay warm at night. There are worse problems to have, mon. Alliance with Candice would be very interesting.

15. Danielle - Looks good, and was strong in challenges, as you would expect. I would love to see her and Stephanie go toe-to-toe to see who is the strongest female competitor on the show. I think the fact that Russell targeted her first is uncomplimentary for her.

16. Courtney - She basically did what she was casted for- roll the eyes, snarky looks and bubbly confessionals. She looks cute, love the pigtails, though she is too damn thin to be sexy. I think she disappears if she steps behind a bamboo tree.

17. Jerri - Had little role the first episode other than as Coach's romantic interest, which is the last thing I would have thought possible (okay, not the last, but not near the first either).

18. Rupert - The drama king hasn't changed. About the only player whose confessionals I did not care for. Whine, whine, whine.

19. Randy- Was casted solely for his confessionals. He had one confessional, which was only used to make him look like an idiot. Props to him for still helping Rob make the fire, even after his comments, at least.

first is worst

Sugarless - I am always amazed when a player makes the infamous beginning of the game mistake of either being bossy or being annoying. For a 2nd time player to make one of those mistakes is just stupidity. Glad she was first to go though. Just like Colby said, without her the season misses......... yeah, not much.

>

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S20 Heroes vs. Villians - Lo... KuwabaraTheMan 02-14-10 1
 RE: S20 Heroes vs. Villians - Lo... LFJ 02-14-10 2
   RE: S20 Heroes vs. Villians - Lo... Belle Book 02-14-10 3
 RE: S20 Heroes vs. Villians - Lo... Snidget 02-14-10 4
 RE: S20 Heroes vs. Villians - Lo... gabygirl1 02-19-10 5
   RE: S20 Heroes vs. Villians - Lo... NedraSue 02-19-10 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KuwabaraTheMan 47 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-14-10, 03:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KuwabaraTheMan Click to send private message to KuwabaraTheMan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S20 Heroes vs. Villians - Love/Loathe List- Ep 1"
There was a lot to take in with the first episode. My preliminary thoughts.

1. Boston Rob: Love him or hate him, you have to respect him after that episode. The way he started that fire was simply incredible, especially after Randy's comments. He seems to be getting along with people (surprisingly) and makes sense as the leader.

2. Russell: The more things change, the more they stay the same. He starts off this season playing the same way he did last season (well, sans burning socks and the like) and makes alliances with women. Parvati is at least smart enough to know where she stands, but also recognizes that he's a powerful force in the game. He could go far with this tribe, provided he doesn't try to butt heads with any of the other Alpha Males (and there are plenty of them).

3. Cirie: Shes' already strategizing and playing strong, even if she's been singled out as a great strategist this time. Don't underestimate the power of having two people you've played with before (Amanda and James) on your tribe, regardless of how things ended the last time (see: Eliza and Ami in Micronesia).

4. JT: Still strong, still likable, and without Stephen around, he's focusing a lot more on his own strategy this time. That he realized right away that he needs to play a completely different game is a testament to him, and he's already reached out and solidified himself with both sides of the tribe (if we assume that James will be with Cirie and Amanda for the short term).

5. Sandra: Tremendously entertaining, and she seems to be getting along quite well with Rob. She could do quite well for herself in the villains tribe.

6. Tom: I've been critical of him for being a coattails rider in his first game, but he clearly seems to be a lot smarter now than during Palau. He impressed with many of his decisions during the first episode, although I don't think he'll ever get the numbers to make it to the merge.

7. James: He's still James, which means he's one of the most entertaining guys out there. I don't think I could ever get sick of him.

8. Coach: He's still Coach, but he seems a lot more fit this time around. Maybe he had another three decades of life experiences after Tocantins? How far he goes will probably be determined by how much he runs his mouth.

9. Amanda: She's still Amanda, which counts for a lot in my book. The only person to ever lose in the Finals twice now has a shot at the hat trick.

10. Tyson: His confessional was hilarious. If he competes as tough as he did last time he could have a good shot. Despite being a 'villain', I think he's someone who could get along with folks on either tribe.

11. Rupert: The fire bit was pretty pathetic, but I enjoyed seeing him around again. Hopefully he'll do more next week.

12. Parvati: Allying herself with Russell will probably serve her well, and I feel like she is someone who could be underestimated.

13. Jerri: She had a solid episode, but the whole thing with her and Coach was so unexpected.

14: Colby: He felt kind of like a fish out of water, but I don't think anyone will be rushing to get rid of him.

15. Courtney: She shouted "Break her shoulder". Did she do anything else?

16. Danielle: Not exactly a flattering first episode, with her seeming to trust Russell.

17. Candice: She didn't really seem to do much. I didn't care for her in Cook Islands, so I could do without her being here (I can think of plenty of females they could have chosen instead of her to fill out the Heroes tribe)

18. Randy: Not a very flattering first episode, but hopefully thins will improve. I liked him in Gabon.

19. Stephenie: She's a hero...why, exactly? I hope Cirie gets her way soon.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

LFJ 363 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-14-10, 05:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LFJ Click to send private message to LFJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: S20 Heroes vs. Villians - Love/Loathe List- Ep 1"
"2. Russell - Aided by the fact no one has seen his game before, Russell went into his game full speed ahead, once again targeting women to make F2 alliances with. Surprisingly, he seemed to have no more difficult time pulling veterans into his web as he did pulling in his Dumb Chicks alliance. I really can't blame the editing for showing so much of him again because his confessionals are just golden. Did he gather enough power to take on Rob? I don't think so, but I don't think he is foolish enough to try if it is even in doubt."

Men like RussHell never learn from their mistakes. I'll bet one of the gullible women kicks his tail - again.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-14-10, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: S20 Heroes vs. Villians - Love/Loathe List- Ep 1"
I agree -- he may have pulled veterans into his Dumb Chicks II alliance, but I'll bet one of the "dumb chicks" will kick his tail -- again. And I'm going to love it when that happens!

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-14-10, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: S20 Heroes vs. Villians - Love/Loathe List- Ep 1"
1. Rob. He has always had at least some charm to turn on and seems to have actually grown as a person since the last time he was on TV. I really thought I'd hate him, but for now, here we are, especially making fire then pretending things were miserable.

2. James. Just stand there and look pretty for me.

3. Sandra. Actually liked the sassy, but her uselessness may not keep her here for long.

4. Cirie. Has that likability thing and is smart enough to use it.

5. Tom. May have learned something about the mental side of the game. We will see.

6. Jerri. I've always kinda liked her. She still amuses me.

7. Stephanie. Didn't whine about the shoulder. Finding out she actually did two rounds and the second was after the injury, she's tough and I'll reward that.

8. Colby. Stand next to James, thanks.

9. Coach. Did you like try to work out so you could live up to your own hype? Taking on Colby brings you up. I expect the delusion will get you dropped down quickly.

10. Randy. For the irony of saying no human has ever started a fire without a flint. I'm sure you'll be dropping from here quickly.

11. J.T. mostly by default. Liked others more, Hated others more.

12. Amanda. Well at least you aren't Pavarti.

13. Parvati. Same verse, same as the first, same as the second, and people are just going to hand her everything again, aren't they?

14. Courtney. Needs to be snarky enough they'll give her half of RussHell's confessionals.

15. Danielle-who?

16. Candice-who?

17. RussHell. Editors. One I'm the best that has ever been comment is enough and demonstrates all the irony we need. 657 confessionals an hour does not make it more ironic. It is obvious he thinks he won and hasn't learned anything.

18. Rupert. Loved the start of his first season, but he never seems to learn and I'm really seen enough of him.

19. Tyson. For that bathing suit alone.

Gone Sugar, I kinda liked her the first time around, but really, couldn't some other girl have gotten another shot? Second timers should know the annoying thing doesn't get you far.

gabygirl1 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-19-10, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail gabygirl1 Click to send private message to gabygirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: S20 Heroes vs. Villians - Love/Loathe List- Ep 1"
Get some inside scoop on your love/loathe list by chatting live with the latest castoff today at 3:30pm ET/12:30pm PT!

http://www.fancast.com/blogs/2010/survivor/live-chat-with-the-latest-survivor-heroes-vs.-villains-castaway/

Denise (Fancast Team)

NedraSue 107 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-19-10, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NedraSue Click to send private message to NedraSue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S20 Heroes vs. Villians - Love/Loathe List- Ep 1"
I am a HUGE Boston Rob/Amber (my daughter repeatedly says, 'I have an A on my arm for Ambr')...granted she is 15!

Anyway, I'm sure he was dehydrated...but he needs an EMMY nod!

That was incredible! I can't wait to see him end up on a CSI NY episode as a tough guy. He is brilliant and yes, I'm sure he wasn't feeling well, or even good...but he was brilliant!

Kudos to Rob.

I hope poor little Amber wasn't about puking when she say his eyes all clouded over. Gotta luv'em!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •