The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Season Theme Idea"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

jme01 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-03-10, 06:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jme01 Click to send private message to jme01 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Season Theme Idea"
I would love to see a season where all the players that were forced out of the game for medical reasons were brough back. Maybe call it "FALLEN HEROS". Mike Stupkin and Russell Swan and many others were good players that just could not stay even though they wanted to.

Another thought, I wish the CBS web site would put the full videos of the tribal council and the full video of the challenges us for us to watch.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Season Theme Idea dabo 01-05-10 1
   RE: Season Theme Idea michel 01-05-10 2
   RE: Season Theme Idea PepeLePew13 01-05-10 3
       RE: Season Theme Idea SpotTheDifference 01-06-10 10
 RE: Season Theme Idea michel 01-05-10 4
   RE: Season Theme Idea CTgirl 01-05-10 5
   RE: Season Theme Idea PepeLePew13 01-05-10 6
       RE: Season Theme Idea michel 01-05-10 7
 Another idea... PepeLePew13 01-06-10 8
 RE: Season Theme Idea grit 01-06-10 9
   RE: Season Theme Idea michel 01-06-10 11
       RE: Season Theme Idea tribephyl 01-06-10 12
           RE: Season Theme Idea michel 01-07-10 14
       RE: Season Theme Idea grit 01-07-10 15
 Mon petit verite faux tribephyl 01-07-10 13
   RE: Mon petit verite faux CTgirl 01-07-10 16
   RE: Mon petit verite faux RocketScientist 01-11-10 17
       RE: Mon petit verite faux tribephyl 01-11-10 18
           RE: Mon petit verite faux RocketScientist 01-11-10 19
               Job Announcement RocketScientist 01-11-10 20
                   RE: Job Announcement tribephyl 01-11-10 21
                       RE: Job Announcement RocketScientist 01-11-10 22
                           RE: Job Announcement dabo 01-11-10 23
                               RE: Job Announcement RocketScientist 01-12-10 24
           RE: Mon petit verite faux AvidRealityWatcher 01-12-10 25
   RE: Mon petit verite faux AvidRealityWatcher 01-12-10 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-05-10, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Season Theme Idea"
That's an interesting idea but there aren't enough Fallen Heroes for a game of Survivor. Eight players have been eliminated for medical reasons over the years.

Michael Skupin S2 (Australian Outback)
Bruce Kanegai S12 (Panama)
Gary Stritesky S14 (Fiji)
Jonathan Penner S16 (Micronesia)
James Clement S16 (Micronesia)
Joe Dowdle S18 (Tocantins)
Mike Barassi S19 (Samoa)
Russell Swan S19 (Samoa)

Two of those, Jonathan and James, had previously played.

We could bring in another five if we throw in quitters.

Osten Taylor S7 (Pearl Islands)
Jenna Morasca S8 (All-Stars)
Sue Hawk S8 (All-Stars)
Janu Tornell S10 (Palau)
Kathy Sleckman S16 (Micronesia)

And two of those, Jenna and Sue, had previously played.

So, we need three more players for the Waste-A-Space tribe. Note too that all the Fallen Heroes are men, so for this game Osten is a girl, our three more WAS tribe should be girls.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

01-05-10, 07:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Season Theme Idea"
Well, if we throw in quitters you would have BB (if he's still alive!) Shawna (S6), Ashlee, Jeff and Ian (S10), Chett (S16), GC (S17) and Jerry (S18).

Of all those, there's really only Skupin, Bruce, Joe and Swan that I'd be remotely interested in seeing a second time. No, make that Skupin only.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

01-05-10, 08:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Season Theme Idea"
I'd throw in Chet Welch (who's essentially a girl), Shawna Mitchell (Amazon) and Kim Mullen (Palau) as all three basically gave up and lolled about while their tribemates kept them around for an extra episode or two before finally getting the boot.

So now you've got your 8 "ladies" on the Quit team.

SpotTheDifference 906 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-06-10, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SpotTheDifference Click to send private message to SpotTheDifference Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Season Theme Idea"
I don't remember Kim as a 'quitter'. She was a do-nothing who was spared because Jeff got injured. Ashlee was the one who refused to eat and was voted out because the other Ulong members thought she had pretty much given up.

01-05-10, 08:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Season Theme Idea"
LAST EDITED ON 01-05-10 AT 08:47 PM (EST)

You may just get what you wanted!

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_21/2010_Jan_05_future_plans

"The show will keep up what it started in Samoa and use just one location a year for two seasons, and producers are considering including returning cast members during one of the two seasons every year...Undoubtedly, the every-other-season all-star season would be themed... like bringing back those who were medically evacuated or evicted first for a second chance."

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

01-05-10, 08:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Season Theme Idea"
Ha! I was just coming here to post the same article!

I would love to see a second chance season of real players - people like Marisa, Betsy, Ashley who went before jury and people like Aaron and Michelle Yi who got screwed because of a twist. I'm not interested in a medical evac season. Most of them were too weak, old, sick, wimpy etc. etc. (except for Skupin).

01-05-10, 08:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Season Theme Idea"
LAST EDITED ON 01-05-10 AT 09:02 PM (EST)

*runs through list of first bootees*

Oh great. While there's some good first bootees, we also have the likes of Diane Ogden, Debb Eaton, Michelle Chase, Sonja Christopher, Wanda Shirk (wasn't selected instead of booted) and John Raymond.

These seem to be the best candidates from the list of first boots:
- Marisa Calihan (Samoa)
- Brook Geraghty (Vanuatu)
- Nicole Delma (Pearl Islands) ... hope she dresses better this time
- Jonathan Libby (unselected in Palau)
- Tina Scheer (Panama Exile Island)
- Jessica deBen (Fiji)
- Carolina Eastwood (Tocantins)

01-05-10, 09:31 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Season Theme Idea"
The list would even be better if we consider 1st booted from each tribe.

To your list, I'dd add Chicken or Peter, two characters I'd like to see again if we have to.
(Nicole didn't even want to be voted back as an Outcast so I doubt she'd want a second chance)

01-06-10, 06:22 AM (EST)
8. "Another idea..."
How about an Angry Tribe vs a Crazy Tribe season?

Angry Tribe
Randy Bailey
Susan Hawk
Sandra Diaz-Twine
Corinne Kaplan
James 'Rocky' Reid
Judd Sargeant
Alicia Calaway
Ami Cusack
Lisi Linares

Crazy Tribe
Shane Powers
Jan Gentry
Sandy Burgin
Ben Browning
Coach Wade
Cao Boi Bui
Billy Garcia
Linda 'Mother Africa' Spencer
Matthew von Ertfelda

grit 4866 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

01-06-10, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Season Theme Idea"
How about a "Survival of the Fittest" season? No socializing in order to win over jury votes, just do everything you can to stay alive. Each person would have to forage for their own food, water, and shelter. Every time they have a challenge, the last person to finish is out of the game. And if you decide you can't cut it, you can quit. Last person standing is the sole survivor.

01-06-10, 08:07 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Season Theme Idea"
Personally, I think No socializing = No ratings.

tribephyl 9688 desperate attention whore postings

01-06-10, 11:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Season Theme Idea"
While that may certainly be true in the "market share" way, social experimentation has it's merits as well.

Great shows are made from giving the audience "an inside look into..." how people react to out-of-the-normal situations.
There is just as much drama (and entertainment) to be derived from watching people push their limits without the "luxury" of socializing.

In fact, Solitary has based it's gameplay upon the premise that having the other contestants remain out of sight, set's the power of the game squarely on the individual contestants shoulders. Having no visual or aural clues as to who your competitors are leaves tons of room for interpretation.
Thereby allowing contestants to make-up their competitors, often FAR from the truth.

Whereas with Survivor it is more of a popularity contest, as your game is solely dependent on how the others react to your actions.

Having people stranded on their own breeds whole new personae. To deal with the lack of socializing, people become a little bit "crazy" which added to the normal bit of enduring-nature's-wrath personality alterers, it's BOUND to be chock full of nuts!

Entertainment, whether social or not.

This all comes, mind you, from one of two people, that I know, who watched Shipwrecked. One of a handful of fans of PBS's Ranch House and Colonial House and of the BBC's Castaway series.
IMO, there doesn't always have to be a traditional "game" aspect attached in order for it to be an interesting (and viewable) social experiment.
Nor does the contestant NEED to be socialized in order to be watchable.

01-07-10, 07:59 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Season Theme Idea"
We've seen people on their own on Exile Island since S10 and it's already too much. For the rare meltdown or inspirational moment, we 've gotten way too much Sugar shack images.

grit 4866 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

01-07-10, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail grit Click to send private message to grit Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Season Theme Idea"
Well, there'd still be socializing because they would all have to interact with each other. What I hate is the fake friendships for the sake of alliances. All of that would be stripped away in a "survival of the fittest" game and I think you would get some really interesting emotions and interactions.

01-07-10, 01:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Mon petit verite faux "
To start with, since I'm very low budget and may end up having to film the whole series on the cheap, I want to bring a few things for production purposes:
For "native", landscape and animal imagery Sue Hawk, Cirie Fields, Andrew Savage, Candice Woodcock and Russell Swan.
For staffing Gina Crews, for electricity Kim Powers, I better cash this in now Stephannie Favor, and because better safe than sorry Peih-Gee Law.

Now, to represent the true melting pot I wanted to invite a mix of colors with a mix of occupations...
For Color:
GC Brown, Nick Brown, Ben Browning, Clarence Black, Ramona Gray, Natalie White, Julie Berry and Stephanie Dill.

Wha?
What's that?
Out of money already?

Carp.
Hmmm...okay...think think...

Ooo got it!
Sponsers!
Welcome, Maralyn Hershey's, Jonathan Libby's, Randy Bailey's, Tina Wesson, James Miller, Chet Welch's, Crystal Cox and Jerry Sims.

OKay, now to continue with my "dream" of a melting pot of colors and occupations.

For Occupation:
Judd Sergeant, Ashley Trainer, Twila Tanner, Sean Rector, Tyson Apostol, Danni Boatwright...

Wha?
Again?
Gah!
Ah-hah!
Due to "Nepotism" these contestants have all been "asked" to join:
Joel Anderson, Colby Donaldson, Frank Garrison, Kel Gleason, Patricia Jackson, Darrah Johnson, Dave Johnson, Ghandia Johnson, Kim Johnson, Gillian Larson, Bobby Mason, Mitchell Olson, Gervase Peterson, Anthony Robinson, Jaison Robinson, Bubba Sampson, Tina Wesson, Jeff Wilson, Taj Johnson-George, B.B. Andersen and Ethan Zohn.

Wow!
Who knew it would be this expensive... and expansive!?
Note to self:
New tagline to read; 52 survivors! 12 months! 1 huge debt!

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

01-07-10, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Mon petit verite faux "
Tribe you are on a roll!

Snowfall by Tribe

RocketScientist 62 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-11-10, 03:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RocketScientist Click to send private message to RocketScientist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Mon petit verite faux "
>To start with...

>Wow!
>Who knew it would be this
>expensive... and expansive!?
>Note to self:
>New tagline to read; 52 survivors!
>12 months! 1 huge debt!

>

You forgot two things Tribe...

Name: SURVIVOR - GERIATRIC
Funding: MediCare/Medicade and BlueCross/BlueShield

01-11-10, 04:14 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Mon petit verite faux "
oh, yeah. And instead of ending each episode with a snuffed torch we can rather "pull the plug". Rather than "the tribe has spoken" change it to, "rest in peace". Or "You've flat-lined".

01-11-10, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RocketScientist Click to send private message to RocketScientist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Mon petit verite faux "
LAST EDITED ON 01-11-10 AT 04:18 PM (EST)

tribephyl 7142 desperate attention whore postings
01-11-10, 04:14 PM (EST)

18. "RE: Mon petit verite faux "

"oh, yeah. And instead of ending each episode with a snuffed torch we can rather "pull the plug". Rather than "the tribe has spoken" change it to, "rest in peace". Or "You've flat-lined"."

LMAO

I can see we're going to get along...

01-11-10, 04:30 PM (EST)
20. "Job Announcement"
LAST EDITED ON 01-11-10 AT 04:36 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 01-11-10 AT 04:35 PM (EST)

JOB ANNOUNCEMENT - CASTAWAY TELEVISION PRODUCTIONS

Seeking: Construction Engineer

Qualifications: Must be familiar with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) building codes and compliance measures, must be willing to travel, and posess a valid US Passport.

Duties: Provide construction support to include but not limited to - Wheel Chair Ramps, Personal Lifts, Hand Rails and Grab Bars (for outdoor plambing), Accessable Routes over Uneven Terrain, Alarm Systems, and Signage in compliance with ADA Standards and Guidelines.

Interested parties may email thier resumes to: www.letsgetthisoverbeforeoneofthemdies.com

01-11-10, 04:43 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Job Announcement"
Location: Boca Raton Golden Years Center. Rooms 1 - 20, the main cabana and the pool have all be cordoned off.

Potential Challenges: Jenga Playoffs. Ben-Gay Rub-athon. Laying underneath a growing pile of heated blankets. Stealing dinner rolls & butter from production camp. Fallen Comrades. Gross Shake Competition with mixtures of prune juice, apple sauce, sliced tomatoes with mayo, Polident, Splenda, Clamato and a handful of multi-vitamins.

New Host: Applications available.

01-11-10, 05:16 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Job Announcement"
LAST EDITED ON 01-11-10 AT 05:18 PM (EST)

Isn't the choice for a new host pretty obvious? It's have to be Larry King!

What about the new tribe names? Cpap and Bypass?

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

01-11-10, 11:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Job Announcement"
Welcome aboard.

01-12-10, 00:05 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Job Announcement"
errr... Thank you, thank you very much...

(he was talking to me - right?)

AvidRealityWatcher 202 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-12-10, 09:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AvidRealityWatcher Click to send private message to AvidRealityWatcher Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Mon petit verite faux "
LAST EDITED ON 01-12-10 AT 09:29 PM (EST)

OMG Im rolling so hard at you guys, this is too freaking funny.

Love the www.letsgetthisover site, I couldnt find where to register, or sign up so I could give my 75 cents per day to help the poor survivalists.

Everyone knows that for the cost of a cup of coffee you can adopt a survivalist. Without your support money, these survivalists would become malnurished, weak, and will just end up degrading themselves.

However, with your support, you can help them eat for 39 days. They will get rice, beans, water, and even shelter supplies and medical attention. Your survivalist will be given a social education, and a chance to become welthy. And when you adopt a survivalist, www.letsgetthisover will send you a photo of your adopted survivalist and give you a detailed profile of that survivalist for you to keep. You will get updates on their progess every 7 days on Thursdays and special noted times.

Please, Won't you help a survivalist?

ARW

AvidRealityWatcher 202 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-12-10, 09:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AvidRealityWatcher Click to send private message to AvidRealityWatcher Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Mon petit verite faux "
Excellent work. That was by far the best post I have seen when it comes to originality. I hope you dont mind, and I gave you the credit, but I copied your post and emailed it to my friends that I know also watch survivor, then I emailed them this website so they could read for themselves what I have been enjoying for the past year.

thanks for the imaginative post, you had me wow'ed by all that.

ARW

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •