The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"FINAL Love/Loathe List - Episode 13"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 1891 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-15-09, 10:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"FINAL Love/Loathe List - Episode 13"
I pretty much knew who the F4 would be before the episode aired, but Stephen's 15-second confessional stating he only wanted remaining players he thinks he could have a better chance competing against sealed the deal. As long as either Stephen or JT win on Sunday, I will regard this as a decent season.
Thanks to the select remaining few fans for adding to this list each week. Perhaps if we can get some better casting the participation could be better.

1) STEPHEN (1,1,1,2,2,3,3,4,3) - I'm hoping the "Evil Wizard" didn't become the "stupid" wizard. He had a lock for a F2 date with JT. I guess he feared Coach pulling off a F3 IC win and taking JT with him instead? In any event, his decision raised Taj and Erinn's stock tremendously. Also, if there was any doubt among the Jury who was calling the shots in voting out players, there should be no question now.
Despite this second-guessing, it's still not enough to drop him from the top spot. Whatever the final result on Sunday, this season belonged to Stephen.

2) JT (2,3,3,2,3,7,4,6,6,1) - Thought long and hard about moving JT to #1...it's that close between the two guys. If he doesn't make the Finals it will be because of three letters - ADS. If he makes the Finals it will be because he ran the table and won the last two ICs. Nice win in the RC and he made the right choices. Good thinking to say he owed Stephen for deciding to take JT on a reward when Steve won a RC. And a solid win in the IC which was not set up to benefit a player like JT.

3) TAJ (3,5,6,4,5,5,2,2,5,4) - Was the best female castaway this season by a longshot so it's only fitting Taj makes the F4. I also applaud her handling of Coach. Her cross-eyed reactions are hysterical and voicing her opinions in a confessional is the smart and appropriate approach. Which now brings us to the other side of the spectrum...

4) ERINN (5,6,5,7,9,10T,10,11,12,11) - WHAT AN A-HOLE!!! And she is allowed to hang around because an asthma sufferer with a bulging disk who walks with a cane is a bigger threat than Erinn which further defines how pathetic she really is. The IC was taylor-made for her and she's the first one out. In terms of taking a perfect goat to the Finals, she is Clay (Thailand) with boobs and hair extensions. Although it must be noted that even Clay came only one vote from winning it all...I cringe at the thought.

BOOTED) BENJAMIN (4,2,4,6,8,8,9,9,11,9) - Could we have expected any other exit? A numerical correction...Erinn does NOT have nine lives; at last count it's got to be way over 100! Easily the most colorful character ever...and Survivor had some doozies in its time. When he makes his FTC statement/question, I wonder if any Finalist will have the guts to turn to Jeff and ask to interpret (if he could) what the heck Coach just said??!!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: FINAL Love/Loathe List - Episod... sol 05-15-09 1
 RE: FINAL Love/Loathe List - Episod... PsychoKitty 05-15-09 2
   RE: FINAL Love/Loathe List - Episod... Aruba 05-15-09 3
       RE: FINAL Love/Loathe List - Episod... michel 05-16-09 7
           RE: FINAL Love/Loathe List - Episod... Aruba 05-16-09 8
               RE: FINAL Love/Loathe List - Episod... garcor 05-16-09 9
                   RE: FINAL Love/Loathe List - Episod... Aruba 05-16-09 10
                       RE: FINAL Love/Loathe List - Episod... iltarion 05-17-09 13
               Reply: michel 05-16-09 11
               RE: FINAL Love/Loathe List - Episod... garcor 05-17-09 14
 RE: FINAL Love/Loathe List - Episod... Belle Book 05-15-09 4
   RE: FINAL Love/Loathe List - Episod... PsychoKitty 05-15-09 5
       RE: FINAL Love/Loathe List - Episod... garcor 05-15-09 6
 RE: FINAL Love/Loathe List - Episod... iltarion 05-17-09 12
   RE: FINAL Love/Loathe List - Episod... NedraSue 05-17-09 15
 Playing the Game michel 05-17-09 16
   RE: Playing the Game iltarion 05-17-09 17
 RE: FINAL Love/Loathe List - Episod... DoodleBug 05-18-09 18

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

sol 219 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-15-09, 12:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sol Click to send private message to sol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: FINAL Love/Loathe List - Episode 13"
1 - Stephen(1,1,1B,3,2,2,3,3,2) - he's got some 'splainin' to do. Firstly to JT about why he voted for Coach, and then to Coach - if he is F2. The answer will probably be the same ... Coach was a formidable foe, a real warrior, who would be hard to beat as he had proved in the last IC. This feeds Coaches ego, and satisfies JT.

Stephen is the wizard with his cerebral play, and he has really grown a lot in 39 days. However, as I recall, Jiffy said before the season there would be a satisfying winner; I don't think Stephen is the person, although it would be most satisfying to me.

2 - JT (2,2,1A,2,3,3,2,7,1) - he should now run the IC table and then win enough money to buy a lot of cattle ... a million $(less tax) worth. A very likable guy that was strong athletically, and part of the game controlling alliance.

3 - Taj (3,3,5,6,5,6,6,5,5) - you have to be strong-willed and have a thick skin to be 1) a NFL stars wife, 2) a singer and entertainer. Taj has it. We may not have seen just how popular she was in camp.

4 - Erinn(5,5,4,5,8,8,7,11,10) - unfortunately I can't rank her any lower. Her attack on Coach shows how little she knows and how feeble her mind is. She definitely didn't deserve to make it this far, but then Keith Famie wasn't supposed to make F3 either, and there have been a number of others over the seasons dragged to F3 or F4 just for their vote.

Coach - his poetry makes for a good sleeping pill. Good night; and have dreams of incredible fantasy, Dragonslayer.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

PsychoKitty 678 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-15-09, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: FINAL Love/Loathe List - Episode 13"
I am in complete agreement Aruba, and for the same reasons (loved your comparisons re Erinn/Clay too!); although I don't understand your comment re JT, "If he doesn't make the Finals it will be because of three letters - ADS." ???

1) Stephen - just hope he doesn't blow his position!!!! Every time they (him and JT) talk about being in control of the game, I worry about "foreshadowing."

2) JT - really a pretty stand up guy - not as astute or as wily as Stephen - but he would be a very deserving winner.

3) Taj - was a bit under the radar lately, but has been playing well. And I'm lovin' the eye rolls too!

BIG GAP

4) Erinnnnn - So much for UTR! (Again!;) She should have held her tongue, but it made no sense for JT to think one moment about writing her name down - Coach was the one to get rid of - just to get some peace and quiet for once!!!! She is just a leech and she didn't even try at both challenges! A waste of space - but I'm not worried any jury members would vote for her if she lucked into an F2 or F3.

See Ya!!! Don't let the door hit you on the way out!
Coachbag/Douchebag/Benji - LONG OVERDUE!!!!! My boyfriend dies laughing at my stories of Coach's astonishing windbag bs (he's never seen the show but "sees" it through my hystrionics as I recount his speeches and special spiritual stretches, and everyone on the boards' hilarious comments about him). This guy is trying to outdo Shane! Who the f### writes a poem to share at TC? Who refuses to eat and drink water in 110 degree weather, much less when they need their strength in a competition for $1 Million? ACK!!!! FINALLY Taj said "drama queen!" When he fell down after the challenge it was ridiculous - stealing all the attention from JT's win. If he was truly in such great pain, that's too bad, but the man has "cried wolf" so many times, who could possibly care? Good riddance! Though I suspect he will have PLENTY to say at the final TC!

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

05-15-09, 05:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: FINAL Love/Loathe List - Episode 13"
>I am in complete agreement Aruba,
>and for the same reasons
>(loved your comparisons re Erinn/Clay
>too!); although I don't understand
>your comment re JT, "If
>he doesn't make the Finals
>it will be because of
>three letters - ADS." ???

Sorry about that PsychoKitty. "ADS" stands for Anti-Darwin Syndrome. It's when the weak and oppressed fear the more stronger players and when they have the numbers (thanks largely to the casting) can gang up on the few strong and vote them out of the game. With JT the only real challenge threat remaining, the other three may very well employ this dastardly maneuver and JT could be an ADS victim.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-16-09, 02:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: FINAL Love/Loathe List - Episode 13"
" With JT the only real challenge threat remaining, the other three may very well employ this dastardly maneuver and JT could be an ADS victim."

Coach? Is this you? Welcome to the boards!

05-16-09, 08:00 AM (EST)
8. "RE: FINAL Love/Loathe List - Episode 13"
AWWWW Thank you for welcoming me to your rather small fraternity. With my inclusion perhaps we may be able to convince CBS to cast more "warriors" so the Coach will be able to lead more posters in this wonderful "symphony" of opinion writers.

I am humbled to be in the presence of a champion for the weak and oppressed like yourself. As a born again Christian I know there is a place in God's Kingdom for even the pathetically inept, but not on the set of a show called "Survivor."

Although I must be honest (and we all know honesty is one of my glowing attributes) just because you wheeled out the Welcome Wagon for me this does not mean I will go easy on you. As a Coach, Maestro, and Dragonslayer I must motivate you to understand what "Survivor" means in the true sense of the word using a Robinson Crusoe analogy or a "Coach being abducted by S. American pygmies" analogy.

I will conclude my first post on these Boards by continuing to pay homage and quoting one of my favorite personalities Mark Twain...

"I have been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened"

Respectfully Submitted.
Coach Wade

PS: Believe it or not that is a real quote from Mark Twain!

garcor 432 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-16-09, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail garcor Click to send private message to garcor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: FINAL Love/Loathe List - Episode 13"
Darn, you mean the one Coach used wasn't? Whose was it then - Will Rogers?

05-16-09, 12:54 PM (EST)
10. "RE: FINAL Love/Loathe List - Episode 13"
Hi gracor...Mark Twain is credited with probably over 100 different quotes. So perhaps the quote Coach cited at TC was in fact Mark Twain.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-09, 01:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: FINAL Love/Loathe List - Episode 13"
No, definitely a quote from Mark Twain- Better to be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and confirm it.

>

05-16-09, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Reply:"
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

05-17-09, 07:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail garcor Click to send private message to garcor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: FINAL Love/Loathe List - Episode 13"
Speaking of Coach Wade; in his interview he mentions being told that he went after Brendan because he was told Brendan was targeting him. Don't remember this on show until episode after plan to vote off Brendan was thwarted by Joe's injury removal. Was Brendan really talking of moving out Coach or did someone (Tyson, Erin, JT/Stephen) make this up as a way of getting Coach's vote against Brendan or perhaps was it just a Coach/Tyson reaction to Brendan's cross triabal alliance?

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-15-09, 05:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: FINAL Love/Loathe List - Episode 13"
LAST EDITED ON 05-15-09 AT 05:59 PM (EST)

Here's my rankings:

J.T. -- great job with the Reward and Immunity wins! And especially an great job beating Coach in the Immunity Challenge! I hope you get to the finals and win!

Stephen -- you're doing just fine, but you need to get rid of J.T. before the finals. If you don't, you're going to lose for certain -- unless you don't make the finals!

Taj -- your only chance of winning is to go against Erinn in the Final 2 (assuming that there is a Final 2! If you go up against either J.T. or Stephen (especially J.T.), you lose.

Erinn -- you may have a chance of winning, but it's a very slim one at best. You have to hope Taj takes you to the finals, and you have to give the best jury speech ever! If you don't, you're sunk!

Voted out (at long last): Coach. Ding-dong, the Coach is dead!

PsychoKitty 678 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-15-09, 06:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: FINAL Love/Loathe List - Episode 13"
I believe that's Ring-a-ding! ;)

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

05-15-09, 07:05 PM (EST)
6. "RE: FINAL Love/Loathe List - Episode 13"
LAST EDITED ON 05-15-09 AT 07:29 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-15-09 AT 07:06 PM (EST)

1) JT - So much for Stephen/JT looking to take each other to final TC. Looks like the jockying to outposition each other has begun and Stephen likely won the first round. JT might have secured Coach's vote (didn't he already have it) but he now has to explain to still in the game allies Erinn and Taj why he voted for Erinn instead of Coach. Talk about giving players who already have a motive for voting you out an excuse to do just that. I'm putting JT first anyway for his challenge performances and for the fact that I like him better. JT does seem to have a basic decency. While his treating Coach with respect was no doubt part strategy; I think it also reflected why everyone seemed to want JT as an ally and voted him the most trusted. May have to win out in IC challenges or drop a few hints to Taj and Erinn that Stephen is much more articulate, strategic, and untrustworthy in order to stay in the game.

2) Stephen - Appears to have inside track at the moment. Still don't love his chances to win IC's however and think there is a possibility other survivors will view him, not JT (or Taj), as the most difficult person to compete against in front of the jury and so look to move him out.

3) Taj - Think she has a great shot at making final TC, not so great a shot at winning (assuming jurors know by now that she likely has the least need for the million.) Still if jurors vote their resentments she might get some votes and she seemed to get along well enough with both Sierra and Erinn. Might get Brendan's vote too which would get her close.

4) Erinn - Agree she came across as largely unsympathetic; though enjoyed her appraisal of Coach as a drama queen. Don't see her as having a shot to win. Was not well regarded on Timbura and was not an original Jalapao. Good person to take to final two. Taj against Erinn would be disappointing; someone likeable who shouldn't need the money vs. someone undeserving based on what she has done to date.

Gone: 5) Coach - Think he outdid Shane by a large margin. And, as a character, anyone else you could name from this show. Thought he was at his best in his final days. Expected one night of toughing it out at exile followed by a day of whining that he was dying. Instead he hung in there. And he handled his voteout well. His Mark Twain quote followed by his comment that it is too late to undo the stuff he said showed some self-awareness. Wonder if a lot of his behaviour wasn't that of an insecure, but ambitious individual of modest talents, who relies on trying to impress people with his claims of special talents and experiences and lacks the perspective to realize when he's gone too far. Sometimes way too far. But it would have been a boring season without him.

05-17-09, 01:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: FINAL Love/Loathe List - Episode 13"
Very predictable. And JT is gone if he doesn't win the next immunity. Stephen will hitch his trailer to the women ala his survivor idol- Rob C. Stephen has one huge advantage over his predecessor; however, he has a possible F3 instead of an F2.

1. JT- Back on top because he is one IC away from winning this, possibly two. Even if it is two, I still would put my money on him to win it. Of course, the stamina/balance challenge is gone so who knows what the final IC will be. Could be a concentration challenge that everyone has an equal chance of winning. I'm not sure JT and Stephen are already turning against each other. JT refused to vote for Coach because of their alliance; he likely knew Coach was going anyway. His vote was meaningless, just like Erinn's vote for Stephen was.
2. Stephen- As much as he controlled the game, the closer we get to the end, and JT is still there, the more it can all slip away. An F2 against either woman he can win, or an F3 against both, maybe, but he needs JT to lose an IC to have a chance. That is the problem with not being able to win an IC; it can turn 33 days of great play into nothing. I guess he would have a chance against JT if has a great FTC and JT bombs it, but I doubt it.
3. Taj- She might be able to win an F2 against Erinn, but even that wouldn't be a lock. She probably has as good a chance as anyone of making the finals however, and she is well liked. She has been the top female player, even with a game of diminishing returns.
4. Erinn- Might have a better chance of winning than Taj if she can make the finals, but her inability to keep her mouth shut might have cost her a vote or two. Maybe. Even if it didn't, it was a risk the wise wouldn't have taken. I was getting sick of Coach and I wasn't the one living with him, but having the last laugh with the vote was the smart play, kicking a guy while he is on his way out was not.

Finally-

Coach W- He was pretty much becoming insufferable, though he did go out with class. Presenting himself like a learned warrior throughout the season, he went out more like a crippled sage. Very unique guy, he was a slightly above average player. I found it entertaining that he thwarted his haters for so long. As far as I am concerned, Tyson's confessionals, JT's likability, and Coach's personality carried the season.

>

NedraSue 107 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-17-09, 08:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail NedraSue Click to send private message to NedraSue Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: FINAL Love/Loathe List - Episode 13"
I haven't posted this season, probably because you all say what I want to say...so really no reason.

JT - I think JT is one of those guys whose life will not change after Survivor. He will go back to his ranch after the finale and have made a new friend in Stephen and will show that he is a good guy. He will have to confront Stephen this week about the vote but I still think that after he win's the next IC, that he will still take Stephen to the final 2. He is a good guy and Jeff has said that all along.

Stephen - I will list him 2nd, but I think it is a real toss up for me between him and Taj. Stehpen is a very smart guy, proven a couple of weeks ago, with IC memory ability. He is definatly the mastermind behind this season. BUT also, I think he will still be loyal to Taj inviting him to be a part of the Exile Alliance and I think he will still honor that alliance.

Taj - She learned from her rant several weeks ago, to keep her mouth shut. To be a quiet person at camp and as good as a provider she can be.

Erinn - I never like the weak making it to the final 4. Because, each year someone cops out and takes them to the final 3. I really don't think it will happen this year. I think Coach's words will play to the ears of the guys and I think that JT/S/T alliance is strong. Sorry Erinn.

Coach - I NEVER like people like him. Granted as Jeff says, he has had made for interesting editing. However, you can not tell me that while they were going over the editing, they had to edit out some good conversations between all other Survivors.

I can't believe the finale is here already. I will be sad.

05-17-09, 02:19 PM (EST)
16. "Playing the Game "
LAST EDITED ON 05-17-09 AT 02:26 PM (EST)

With the finale approaching, I will rate the players according to how well I think they played the game:

1- Stephen: He's a smart player who kept true to his game plan. He said he knew why Rob C lost but he could be making the same mistake in the end.

2- Erinn: She won the key battle of the season, killing the Dragon Slayer. Put in an almost impossible situation with an arrogant b@stard like Coach, she found a way to infiltrate an alliance that would suit her. If she manages to break the pair of JT and Stephen she could accomplish what no winner has ever been able to do: Make it to the end on their own.

3- JT: A strong leader, JT made many mistakes. Some have been forgotten like leaving a bag of beans to Timbira. Others could be fatal like voting out Brendan, Debbie and now Coach. Coach especially was a player who was always going to vote with JT. Now, JT needs to win immunity.

4- Taj: She took the easy road and let her Exile Alliance die in favor of the "Warrior Alliance". I liked the pre-merge Taj not so much lately. She needs to step up and plan further than that Final 3 spot.

Booted: Coach: I want to thank the editors for including this quote: "A lot of times men drop what they think is a pebble but women see a boulder dropping and crashing and have an overwhelming sense of judgment.” After his grandiose quotes from Mark Twain and Marcus Aurelius, it showed that Coach was more like Archie Bunker; a male chauvinist. The "Warrior Alliance" was nothing more than another "Boys' Club" where women are only accepted if they shut up like Debbie. Good riddance.

05-17-09, 09:39 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Playing the Game "
Erinn... first winner to make it to the end alone... hahaha... There's a unique perception of events I'm not going to touch it. It is just too preposterous to bother.
Coach's comment... a very insightful one by the way... makes him a male chauvinist. Wow. I fail to see it. It could be taken as a compliment by women, actually, saying their sense of judgement is keener than men's. Regardless of how it is taken, there is a lot of truth to it. I guess that makes me a chauvinist. Either that or just an honest guy who has lived with a woman for the last 12 years. Whatever.
Was Debbie more apt to keep her mouth shut than Erinn? I don't see that either. Debbie is a school principle. Debbie was a warrior to Coach because he thought she was loyal, not because she kept her mouth shut. That's frankly ridiculous.

>

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-09, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: FINAL Love/Loathe List - Episode 13"
I didn't post in here this season, but I enjoyed this cast of characters. I was very happy to see a JT and Stephen final 2. I was rooting for JT for most of the season. Can't believe this show has been on for NINE years! Time flies...

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •