The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Love/Loathe List - Episode 8"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 1891 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-10-09, 05:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Love/Loathe List - Episode 8"
I predict several makeout sessions to occur on Reunion night. Although Tyson and Debbie's session may be the only one with passion. Erinn slobbering on Jerry's belly and Brendan puckering up for Joe's knee will be kisses of appreciation. Even if Brendan possessed "Yau-Man-like" intuition and played his HII, Sierra would be gone, his idol would be gone, Taj probably drops him like a bad habit, and unless he went on an IC run the rest of the way his game is essentially over. What did I say last week about stepping in sh!t and smelling like a rose???...

1) TYSON (1,1,1,2,5) - I think it's a safe assumption to dub him the challenge stud thus far in the season, although humility is not one of his virtues. But he showed some wheeling & dealing skills as well. Will some girl PLEASE give him a call??? If I have to hear about his love affair with the nape of Brendan's neck again, I'll be hugging my toliet bowl all night.

2) STEVE (2,3,3,4,3) - CLEARLY the biggest loser as a result of Joe's injury. It's a ballsy move to play the role of double-agent in this game, but I really think Steve could have pulled it off...then came Joe's medi-vac to foul things up. With a few more days for players to sort things out, it now puts Steve at risk. If his game ends prematurely due to Joe's knee, I'll be terribly upset.

3) JT (7,4,6,6,1) - Amazingly I see him in a good position. And to be in a safe position going into a merge outnumbered AND perceived as a challenge threat is no easy task. I still criticize him for being way too trusting, but he continues to be a likable guy.

4) BRENDAN (3,5,5,1,7) - Houdini must be smiling admirably down upon Brendan. Let's see if he takes advantage of this huge break. From what we've seen the first half of this season, all indications are he probably will.

5) TAJ (5,2,2,5,4) - Iltarion is right...what is it with the women this season??? Taj is the best of the female foursome. "Tell Joe we'll miss him." Translation: YIPPEE, YIPPEEE, I just advanced further in the game!

6) DEBBIE (6,8,7,13,14) - A gritty performace in the IC. To answer Iltarion's question from last week's ranking, Yes Debbie is married. Think she'll have some 'splaining to do when this season is over?

7) SIERRA (4,6,4,3,2) - Her effort is still commendable; her advancement is still luck.

8) BENJAMIN (8,9,9,11,9) - If I were a therapist by profession and all my patients were like Benji, AIG would be asking ME for a bailout! This joker is beyond help. Yes I admit he's made me laugh several times this season, but his verbal diarrhea is getting more and more irritating. Although I am glad it appears he made the Jury for nothing more than sheer entertainment value.

9) ERINN (10T,10,11,12,11) - Sure, let's keep the wounded animal around as long as we can; I could use another free pass. For the Erinn fan(s) who are waiting for her "story to be told"...allow me to do the honors.
It's the same story we've seen in the past 18 seasons. Worthless players with no alliance to speak of advance because others perceive them as non-threats and the pathetic castaways they are. Situations will fall in their laps where they can sell their vote to the highest bidder (or in Survivor's cast the biggest liar.) This gives them an inside track to the F6, F5, or F4. Best case scenario (taking a page out of Pearl Islands) this worthless player may even win a million dollars. OK, now that her story has been told I can't wait til she leaves this game.

MEDI-VAC) JOE (10T,11,8,7,13) - His unfortunate injury was the only way he could have put a mark on this game--and what a mark it is! When all is said and done it could be the single most influential factor in changing the course of the game this season.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8 garcor 04-10-09 1
 RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8 Jims02 04-11-09 2
 RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8 michel 04-11-09 3
   RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8 garcor 04-11-09 5
       RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8 Aruba 04-11-09 7
           RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8 michel 04-11-09 11
               RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8 Aruba 04-12-09 14
                   RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8 michel 04-12-09 16
                       RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8 Aruba 04-13-09 21
                           RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8 michel 04-13-09 24
                               RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8 Aruba 04-14-09 28
                       RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8 sol 04-13-09 22
                           RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8 michel 04-13-09 25
   RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8 Aruba 04-11-09 6
 RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8 iltarion 04-11-09 4
   RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8 suzzee 04-11-09 8
   RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8 garcor 04-11-09 9
 RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8 Belle Book 04-11-09 10
   RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8 iltarion 04-11-09 12
       RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8 michel 04-12-09 13
           RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8 Aruba 04-12-09 15
               RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8 michel 04-12-09 17
                   RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8 Aruba 04-13-09 20
                       RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8 michel 04-13-09 23
                           RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8 Aruba 04-14-09 31
                               RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8 CTgirl 04-14-09 32
                                   RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8 michel 04-14-09 33
                       RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8 ADKer 04-13-09 26
                           RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8 iltarion 04-14-09 27
                               RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8 Aruba 04-14-09 29
 RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8 sol 04-12-09 18
 RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8 cycles2k 04-12-09 19
 RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8 CTgirl 04-14-09 30

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

garcor 432 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-10-09, 11:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail garcor Click to send private message to garcor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8"
LAST EDITED ON 04-11-09 AT 07:05 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-10-09 AT 11:42 PM (EST)

1) JT: Seemed most likely first post merge target. Instead is now in two different alliances and appears not to be an immediate target at all. Likability and willingness to court the other tribe appear to be paying off. Question becomes how does he survive once the obvious targets of the two alliances he is in are out of the way. Is he part of a core Steven/Taj alliance or viewed as too likable to take to final TC? Same with a Coach/Tyson alliance?

2) Steven: Appeared smart taking advantage of Tyson/Coach plan to remove Brendan but since it didn't happen wonder if he could end up being seen as too much of a schemer to be trusted by anyone (as suggested by Aruba above.) Note that it was JT who was approached by Coach to be an ally, putting JT in a stronger position that Steven in that particular alliance. But it was tagalong Steven who approached Taj with the plan of voting out Brendan (Taj's ally from before she decided to recruit Steven.) Could see this coming back to haunt Steven. Also mention that Steven has already had to explain to JT why he didn't tell alleged closest ally JT about Taj's idol.

3) Tyson: Does appear to be strongest challenge performer so far this season and showed some strategy as well. Did appear a bit too confident. Fate could be decided by outcome of Brendan/Coach struggle if preview wasn't misleading. If Brendan goes Tyson could hang around for quite some time though figure his challenge ability will make him a target sooner or later.

4) Taj: Showed ability to improvise being willing to go with voting Brendan out but not sure if that was really in her interest. What is her position in a Coach/Tyson/JT led alliance? More likely was responding to questions about Brendan's loyalty than anything.

5) Debbie: Good performance in IC and appears well positioned if Coach/Tyson alliance thrives. Liable to hang around a long time even if doesn't as doesn't appear to be viewed as a strategist or alliance builder (in other words no threat.)

6) The Samurai Warrior (aka the Dragon Slayer): No wonder Jeff Probst loves him. He has a new identity every week. Credit for reaching out to rival tribe member JT and for helping to plot Brendan's almost ouster. Was more in the game mentally, despite apparent delusions of grandeur, than either Brendan or Sierra appeared to be.

7) Sierra: Good try in IC. Appears to be too much of a follower in the Brendan/Sierra alliance. Didn't hear her suggesting they talk to Taj. Likely unwise in her questioning Timbura on their voting off of Sydney as it could have put Steven and Taj in an uncomfortable position.

8) Brendan: Lucky is as lucky does. Really bad move if he made no effort to talk to Taj at all. It's one thing to try to keep a supposedly hidden alliance secret, it's another not to communicate when you are on the same team. He couldn't find thirty seconds to reassure her/sound her out about their alliance? At least if he finds out about the Tyson/Coach led plan to oust him, and it appears he does, he no longer has to worry about trying to hide the cross tribal alliance. He just needs to make sure it still exists and has enough votes. But does he? Not unless someone flips back to his side. At least he has the idol but that will not save both him and Sierra without some pretty impressive sleight of mind.

9) Erinn: She is still there, right?

Gone: Joe. "This game is cool but it's not that cool. I don't want to die." Hard to argue with his logic. His most memorable moments of the season.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Jims02 7328 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-11-09, 00:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8"
LAST EDITED ON 04-11-09 AT 00:08 AM (EST)

1. Stephen - He's playing a better game than pretty much everyone this season, so it's hard not to put him here. He doesn't strike me as the most likeable person, but I'm amazed by how many people have direct alliances with him.

2. J.T. - Seems like a honest, dependable person on the show. Pretty fun person to watch compared to some of the blandness on the show.

3. Erinn - Almost completely because she is Coach's #1 biggest hater, which is always a plus for me. Plus, she's beautiful. I usually don't base my picks on physical appearance, but that describes how blech this cast is. She's definitely been lucky to get this far, though.

4. Sierra - I liked her a lot more before this episode, with her pretty much doing nothing strategically except ask an awkward question at the merge.

5. Tyson - I should really like him, but there's something unsettling about him. Maybe it's his smugness that turns me away. Maybe it's that he's with Coach. Not sure.

6. Taj - She's okay. She could easily flip with Sierra or Tyson on this list.

7. Brendan - Would be higher, but his poor showing this week is disappointing. Seems like a smart guy, though.

8. Debbie - She's semi-worthless at strategy like Erinn, but 1) less attractive and 2) with Coach. Sorry Debbie.

9. Coach - He needs to go away now.

A 2003 IceCat original

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-09, 02:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8"
1) BRENDAN (2,2,5,1,1)- I see some are enjoying the Kool-Aid that Burnett served. Tribal never happened so everything that we heard meant nothing except to build suspense. Had they gone to TC, we don't know what would have happened: We don't know if, seeing Joe back in camp, Brendan would have talked to Taj. We don't even know how Taj, Erinn or Debbie would have voted. Brendan knew something was brewing against him so he would have reacted but it seemed obvious that Joe wasn't coming back.

2) ERINN (7,1,1,4,3)- Surprisingly, Tyson now needs her in his schemes! Erinn has wound up in a very interesting position. Worthless? We would be very lucky if she were as entertaining as Sandra but being able to keep all her options open required skills.

3) STEPHEN (4,5,6,2,2,2)- The guy is in a great position even if he once more stumbled ass-backwards into it. But there is no excuse for being so stupid as to say something like this to your ally: "There’s two basic alliances: I know I can get to the final 4 with Taj, Sierra and Brendan. I’ll go with you, Coach, Tyson and Debbie now if you promise me you will turn on them.” If I had been JT, I would have planned on blindsiding Stephen right there.

4) JT (3,4,3,5,5)- He pulled off good moves but making everyone hate each other is a hard road to travel. Usually, people compare notes. Only Scout managed to pull it off. JT is not as good a schemer to repeat that. Why did he let Tyson add Erinn, another Timbira, in the alliance instead of proposing Taj? As Stephen said, he made allies but those allies are still in a dominant position.

5) SIERRA (1,3,2,3,4) - Where has her story gone?

6) TAJ (9,6,4,6,6)- If she was so worried about Brendan maybe she should have talked to him. Taj is intelligent enough that she probably did, we just weren't shown that conversation.

7) DEBBIE (12,13,8,8,8)- Another person that is in a great position. Bubbles would be more fun to be around than Erinn or Sierra but her Mrs Robinson act with Tyson is a little much.

8) TYSON (5,10,12,7,7)- Dumbass! He was in a great position but he almost pulled a Lex F9 move and threw it away. If he had been successful in getting rid of Brendan then Sierra would have simply teamed up with the 4 Jalapaos next week and the 4 remaining Timbiras were dead. Joe leaving saved Tyson's ass.

9) Coach (8,8,11,10,10)- "It's about me now" he said. When wasn't it about him? Does he really think that Brendan is the deceitful one? He was lucky that his plan (which wasn't his by the way) failed.

Booted) JOE (14,7,9,9,9)- If only Jalapao had been smart and kept Sydney instead of dead-man-walking Joe...

04-11-09, 07:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail garcor Click to send private message to garcor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8"
Don't know if Brendan and Taj spoke, but if they did it sure wasn't shown. And he is clearly a potential target. If you could remove him now and have him out of the game wouldn't you rather take out Brendan than Coach?

04-11-09, 09:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8"
Or if you don't take out Brendan himself, at the very least, take out the HII?

04-11-09, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8"
This version of the HII is much less powerful than the one carried by Terry and Yul. Only Yau Man and Amanda have been able to use the idol that you play before the votes are read. Many others have left with it in their pockets so, at F10, getting rid of the HII isn't that much a priority.

The numbers were not enough in Timbira's favor to lose one member. The result would have been 4 Timbira + 4 Jalapaos + a swing voter (either Sierra or Brendan) and 3 days to scheme. The time to blindside Brendan would have been when there was at most 3, preferably 2 Jalapaos left. That would have removed the swing voter position.

To go against Brendan and plan to split the votes was even worse: Brendan could have teamed up with Sierra, Taj, Erinn and therefore maybe even Joe (who knew he was an outsider in the JT/Stephen alliance) to counter any votes.
(And that's not counting Bubbles because we don't know anything about what's in her head or even if there is anything besides fantasies involving Tyson)

04-12-09, 04:50 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8"
I agree the HII post-Cook Islands is not as powerful but when a formed alliance had not one but TWO HIIs, that's pretty powerful in my book. Because the decision was made to send two players (other than the already formed alliance) on the last trip to EI before the merge, everyone now knows there are two.

Anytime you can paint a bigger target on someone else and take any attention way from you that's a priority in the game. I think focusing on BOTH HHIs should be a priority in the other players minds and a strategic way to put a bigger target on someone else.

I can't believe you are still questioning where Debbie's head is...it's with Tyson/Coach. The five of Tyson, Coach, Debbie, Steve, and JT were rock solid last episode. You make a good point about not being sure about Erinn and Joe...but what offer can Brendan make to them???

Hey Erinn, Hey Joe, come join the three of us and we promise we'll let you finish fourth and fifth respectively??? Heck we even have HIIs to make sure you don't get into the F3! And even if by chance (or by winning the final two ICs) one of you can get to the F2, you'll be sitting in front of a jury, four of whom you would have been responsible for putting there because you flipped over to our side immediately after the merge??? Good Luck, "Sucker"!

Sorry, it just doesn't make much sense for Joe and Erinn to flip at that point. With seven strong they would be able to pick off the EI alliance AND flush out BOTH HIIs. But with Joe's Medi-Vac it's elementary now.

04-12-09, 10:33 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8"
I must be doing the math wrong because what you are suggesting is that Erinn and Joe should have turned down positions 4 and 5 with Brendan to take up positions 6 and 7 with Coach. Are you using the new Lisi Math?!

Anyway, positions can easily be shuffled: Erinn could convince Sierra and Taj to eliminate the men or Joe could get Taj to join him and Erinn to vote out Sierra and Brendan, etc... So many possibilities that the positions can't be considered as set in stone.

And about flipping, it isn't flipping when the alliances were so mixed up already. Did Coach flip to Jalapao? Did Stephen jump into Timbira? Would Erinn have been flipping or staying loyal to Brendan? Joe, would he have been seen as flipping or rejoining Taj? See what I mean?

And about the 2 HII:
1- You must remember that Stephen has the second, not Taj.
2- No, not everyone knows that there are 2. Remember JT telling Coach: "If Taj has it then there are 2". That proved they weren't sure.
3- They weren't even focusing on two idols because they wanted Taj on board.
4- James left as late as F7 with TWO HIIs in his pocket.

I repeat: At F10, securing the numbers should have been the priority for Coach and Tyson, not Brendan and certainly not the HII.

04-13-09, 04:28 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8"
The only way the "Lisi Math" would apply is if no one is Anti-Darwined out of the game this season. And even in MY wildest dreams we know that's not happening. If Joe returned and the seven systematically pick off the EI alliance, Tyson is Anti-Darwined out (unless he wins yet another IC) with Coach to follow. Steve then plots to bring the perfect goat with him. Don't see Erinn and Joe as 6th and 7th in that scenario.

>1- You must remember that Stephen
>has the second, not Taj.

"Has" the second HII to "keep" or to "hold?" I believe Taj gave the HII to Steve to HOLD, not to HAVE. We may need a ruling on this one. If Steve does have the HII to use on himself the remainder of the game, then my bad.

>2- No, not everyone knows that
>there are 2. Remember JT
>telling Coach: "If Taj has
>it then there are 2".
>That proved they weren't sure.

The conversation between JT and Coach occured soon after the merge. Had there been a TC, the seven would be on the same page and the knowledge of two HIIs would have been a foregone conclusion. Of course you're proabably going to play the "nothing happens in normal time" card and it was another one of MB's parlor "trick"?

>3- They weren't even focusing on
>two idols because they wanted
>Taj on board.

Really??? I don't recall wanting Taj on Board. Did they really need her? Numerically the answer is NO

>4- James left as late as
>F7 with TWO HIIs in
>his pocket.

Although James is arguably one of the most popular players ever, Come'on; James vs. Brendan as far as intuition and game strategy is concerned? PLEEEASE, Brendan point blank told us in a confessional he would have no problem using his HII...or is this yet another "trick"...

04-13-09, 12:47 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8"
LAST EDITED ON 04-13-09 AT 12:49 PM (EST)

>"Has" the second HII to "keep"
>or to "hold?" I believe
>Taj gave the HII to
>Steve to HOLD, not to
>HAVE. We may need a
>ruling on this one. If
>Steve does have the HII
>to use on himself the
>remainder of the game, then
>my bad.

We've already had that ruling back when Mookie was holding the idol that the 3 horsemen had found. It was Mookie's idol. For good measure, Jeff repeated the ruling in his blog after episode #5 of this season:

"Let me answer your question before you ask it...Stephen is absolutely correct that at this moment, the idol belongs to him. Case closed."

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/03/jeff-probst-b-1.html

It's really the same rule as the one Jeff stated when Yau Man gave a truck to Dreamz. The truck belonged to Dreamz and there was nothing the show would do to force him to give it back if he reneged on the deal.

04-14-09, 05:05 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8"
WOW, interesting info.

Although Mookie's case was different because (even though three were present) Mookie, himself, personally retrieved it from the hiding place so there was never a question that it was initially his that season.

Also never questioned the truck Yau Man gave Dre. As a matter of fact at Final TC that season, Yau reconfirmed to Dre himself that the truck was Dre's.

sol 219 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-13-09, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sol Click to send private message to sol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8"
1- You must remember that Stephen has the second, not Taj.

When did Stephen get it back? The last we saw the HII was in Taj's bag.

2- No, not everyone knows that there are 2. Remember JT telling Coach: "If Taj has it then there are 2". That proved they weren't sure.

JT is a "gud ol' suthun boy", but he's no dummy. He's playing Coach, IMO. I don't think that JT saying that is any kind of prove at all. Afterall, it is Survivor, with all it's editing tricks.

04-13-09, 12:50 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8"
Taj gave the idol back to Stephen to hide in his pant pocket after showing it to JT. It's still Stephen's idol.

I didn't mean JT didn't know there were two idols. He's one of the people who knows there are two. I meant that Coach didn't know because JT was able to pull that lie. Bubbles probably doesn't know either, probably cares less about an idol then about having a firepit and Tyson may not know either.

04-11-09, 08:10 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8"
>1) BRENDAN (2,2,5,1,1)- I see some
>are enjoying the Kool-Aid that
>Burnett served. Tribal never happened
>so everything that we heard
>meant nothing except to build
>suspense. Had they gone to
>TC, we don't know what
>would have happened: We don't
>know if, seeing Joe back
>in camp, Brendan would have
>talked to Taj. We don't
>even know how Taj, Erinn
>or Debbie would have voted.
>Brendan knew something was brewing
>against him so he would
>have reacted but it seemed
>obvious that Joe wasn't coming
>back.

HMMM I hope it's not the same Kool-Aid Rev. Jim Jones served! Actually I hated Kool-Aid when I was a kid, but enough of my childhood. Yes I know MB can be the master of misdirection but all that transpired I believe really had true meaning and was not just a suspense builder.

Had there been a TC either Brendan or Sierra goes home (probably Sierra); the numbers were stacked too unfavorably against them. To address your speculation of not knowing how Taj, Erinn, or Debbie would have voted had Joe returned? It's hard to imagine anyone questioning how Debbie would have voted--she would vote however Tyson and Coach wants her to vote...that's about as big of a no-brainer as you can get. Erinn tags-along with the majority because without any alliance to speak of, quite frankly, there's nothing else for her to do at this point. Joe would gravitate toward Erinn and be another tag-along.

I can understand your speculation with Taj, but at this point what options does she have? With the seven voting Brendan - 4 and Sierra - 3 does Taj spill the beans to Brendan/Sierra? It would guarantee he plays the HII which I believe he would have anyhow because I agree with you that "Brendan knew something was brewing against him so he would have reacted." That reaction would be playing his HII. And does Taj stick with Brendan and Sierra to vote JT and create a 3 - 3 tie between JT and Sierra after Brendan plays his HII? That makes no sense. To suggest an of the other seven still keep Brendan AND his HII in the game makes less sense. I would think taking out the HII would make as much, if not more, sense than taking out Brendan himself.

But Joe's medi-vac saved this scenario from happening to Brendan/Sierra. Although I am bummed with no TC, had there been a TC, the next couple episodes would have been somewhat predictable. Now I wholeheartedly agree with your assessment--All bets are off.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-09, 04:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8"
LAST EDITED ON 04-11-09 AT 04:16 AM (EST)

Best episode yet, except for the end. I wanted to see a TC sooo much. I agree with Michel now. All bets are off.

1. Tyson- for me, it isn't even close. This guy made the entire episode. I'm not sure I laughed so hard during any prior episode of Survivor. His over the top bravado is hilarious. If only people could see his confessionals, they wouldn't frickin believe it. "I was awesome like always." "If some women want my phone number now, just ask for it." "I don't know what Sierra's purpose in the game is other than to give dumb people everywhere hope." HAHAHAHA!!!! "Brendan has felt my breath on the nape of his neck and the small of his back." Haha... I hate to give Natalie credit for anything, but has Tyson merely perfected a confessional art that she started? Just like Fairplay merely copied the confessional style of Rob C. This guy has made this season for me. If Brendan gets the boot, Sierra merely teams up with Jalapao? I highly doubt it. JT is aligned with Coach and Tyson and this is Sierra we are talking about.
2. Stephen- If we are looking for the best player, it is probably Stephen right now. Notice how no matter what alliance is brought up, Stephen is sitting in the middle of it? He was fine to say what he said to JT because it was JT. He knows who he is dealing with. In trouble now because of the plot denied? I don't think so. I don't think anyone sees him as threat right now. He has seemingly pulled off the Danni Boatwright-Todd Herzog feat of having everyone think he is trustworthy and harmless.
3. JT- Most likable person on the show and still in a good spot even with being the most physically intimidating. Of course, Tyson keeps beating him in the challenges anyway.
4. Brendan- He is in the majority tribe and wants to lay low so his tribe continues to trust him. That's why he hasn't said anything to Taj or Stephen, at least that we've been shown. I agree with Michel that the near miss means next to nothing. Brendan is in a better position than Coach because he spooned with Stephen, and Stephen makes the decisions in the JT-Taj-Stephen alliance. Brendan is also in a better position because Erin doesn't like Coach, at least not old Coach.
5. Coach - I thought he was slightly less hilarious than Tyson. It was comical to see two guys both brag about coming up with the same plan. Coach was the one that formed the alliance with JT, not Tyson, but Tyson is the one that has always wanted Brendan gone. The Coach haters might enjoy next episode. Believe me, I don't know, but that would be my guess. Brendan has more people who trust him than Coach does.
6. Taj- A woman finally, yes. She appears to have regressed to simply being UTR, even repeating the UTR motto- "as long as it isn't me." She can move up though if things fall her way. The joy at learning no TC was careless. Just another example of her mouth getting away from her.
7. Debbie- She outperformed everyone but Tyson in the IC; so she gets this spot for now. Yeah, her husband must not be the jealous type. I am far from the possessive type, trust me, but I would be pretty ticked to see my wife act like that on TV.
8. Sierra- In danger of dropping even below Erin. Though she is still in a position to go far, she continues to have no story.
9. Erin- Looked her best that episode, which is odd. I am giving her every opportunity to move up next episode, but at this point, she still has done nothing. The 3 women above her have at least made friends and allies. Erin has done neither. Fortunately for her, events in the game have made her vote very valuable. She is not likely to go away any time soon. Like Candace and other thin women before her, that IC was one she could have excelled at. She still didn't.

infection-defection

Joe- Somewhat worthless survivor, really. Another point I completely agree with Michel. I also wish Jalapao would have voted off Joe instead of Sydney in the first place.

>

suzzee 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-11-09, 09:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8"
I think Tyson's got more personality and then anyone the people there. I've been a Tyson fan even if he doesn't win he could be one of those that are a fan favorite and their 15 minutes lasts. For some reason his smugness isn't irritating to me, I find him hilarious.

Certifiable Guest at Tribe’s Lodge

04-11-09, 10:30 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8"
LAST EDITED ON 04-11-09 AT 11:11 AM (EST)

Do think Steven could outsmart himself though. He seems capable of valuing the strategic move over the relationship maintaining move. E.g. Making a potential smart strategic move like siding with JT/Coach and trying to talk Taj into voting out Brendan or Sierra could just make Steven seem untrustworthy to all sides. Especially if Taj puts it out there that Steven was in an alliance that included Brendan and Sierra.

Could see Steven's game becoming similar to Jonathan's at Cook Islands. A peripheral member (4th member?) of two alliances, neither of which trusts him, and both of which will keep him around only for as long as they need his vote. (Note that Taj brought him into the cross tribal alliance and JT into the Coach/Tyson/JT alliance.) Do realize Jonathan tended to flip between alliances while so far Steven has managed to keep ties with two alliances at the same time.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-11-09, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8"
For this leg only:

1. J.T. -- really nice guy. I liked that he bonded with Coach, although I still don't like Coach.

2. Brendan -- it was a good idea to keep his Exile Island alliance low. The problem is, we didn't see if he reassured his allies. If he didn't, he would've been in big trouble. Luckily for him, he wasn't.

3. Tyson -- nice job wheeling and dealing to get rid of a real threat. The problem is, this might've been his only chance to get rid of Brendan -- and Brendan will be going after him.

4. Stephen -- very willing to do anything to stay alive in the game! But will his scheming come back to bite him?

5. Taj -- like her well enough, but she should've approached Brendan so he can reassure her. Or maybe she did, and it wasn't shown to us.

6. Sierra -- a real awkward moment for her at the merge. But I felt for her during the Immunity Challenge.

7. Debbie -- likeable but not really strategic.

8. Erinn -- she couldn't get the Hidden Immunity Idol. Other than that, I didn't see much of her.

9. Ben (Coach) -- still pretty unlikeable. Glad that he didn't become the Dragon Slayer.

Medevac: Joe. Poor guy should've gone last week, but he was blindsided by Mother Nature and his own body.

Belle Book

04-11-09, 11:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8"
Haha... That is another good point about Erin. She had all the clues for the HII and still couldn't find it. Joe realized where it was in about 2 seconds. This is your great puzzle solver?? I don't think so.

>

04-12-09, 02:15 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8"
Iltarion: I see you are trying to get a shot in at me but I already noted that. She was made to look dumb about it, no question, but look at the scene once more: Erinn is the one leading Joe to Tree mail, not the other way around. She even says "Here we are". Joe simply followed her and then looked behind the post. It's possible that Erinn had already gone there, hadn't found the idol and wanted to see if Joe had come to the same conclusion. Erinn couldn't find an idol that wasn't there.

04-12-09, 05:52 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8"
I Dunno...who was "leading" who is irrelevant when walking down a path heading toward tree mail. Couldn't they have been walking to retrieve any tree mail they thought might be there and decided to talk about the HII because they now have time alone?

In a confessional immediately before their walk to tree mail Erinn candidly says that her and Joe can now look for the HII. In her confessional immediately following that scene she sounds perplexed and says something to the effect of..."there was a place where a HII could have been but there was nothing there?"

It would make perfect sense for her to play dumb in front of Joe; but not in a confessional in front of million of viewers with no other players around...unless she IS dumb.

But she concluded her confessional by being "smart" enough to figure either Brendan or Sierra had it so "we can vote them both out" and start playing the game without the HII twist. Apparently some people think the HII (even post-Cook Islands) is a priority. It also makes a stronger case for the solid seven voting bloc and a much tougher task for Brendan to sway Erinn/Joe to his side.

04-12-09, 10:53 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8"
"In a confessional immediately before their walk to tree mail..."

Aruba, I must stop you right there to show you the editing tricks of Burnett. Look at the picture below:

As noted, the one on the left is taken from the recap where we heard Erinn asking "Who is this jackass?" Yet it appeared later in the CBS Insider Clip and we see that Erinn was in reality wearing the green Forza buff when she said that. They doctored her buff so that they could use it in the recap but that confessional happened after the merge.

"Immediately before" means nothing about the sequences we see. Erinn's confessional could have been taken immediately after she returned from Exile Sand Dune and simply inserted there.

04-13-09, 03:41 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8"
Well of course the recrap episodes are doctored up. It's pretty obviously they mix and match clips from other episodes...hence the term "RECAP" (or as we affectionately refer to it on these Boards as "recRap")

It's not an "editing trick" at all...it's a "recap."

But to suggest that all episodes and footage does not happen in "real time" because MB pieces together clips from other episodes in the recap is pretty ridiculous.

04-13-09, 12:31 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8"
LAST EDITED ON 04-13-09 AT 01:29 PM (EST)

Nice try but the recap was "The first 15 days" while Erinn's confessional was from day 19 or 20.

And it isn't ridiculous because it happens all the time. Best example off the top of my head: Panama, episode #4 where we see Dan and Ruth making an alliance. Both said that alliance was formed the minute they landed at NuLaMina, meaning episode #2's timeframe. They didn't show it that early because they wanted to put doubt on whether Misty or Ruth would leave in episode #3 and then they wanted to surprise us with Sally staying in episode #4.

Look at things carefully and you'll notice that participants are wearing different clothes or their buffs are in different positions at the end of a conversation then they were at the start. The alliance made between Amanda, Todd and Aaron was a prime example.
ETA: The scene presented as if happening in real time
Thanks to warrior at Sucks who had done all the legwork:

Todd: I will stick with you…because you know this game.

Amanda: You're my loyal alliance too. You have to have one in this game…you have to.

Note Todd has on a shirt, he has no beard stubble and Amanda has her buff around her head. Presented in episode #2, this could be actually from day #1

Amanda: Me and Todd made an alliance that were going to stick it out with each other until the end of this. Because even though I think that Todd is very devious I have been watching him very closely and I think that we have a good alliance so far… at least to the merge.

Note that Amanda's hair looks really clean, probably day #1 again.

Note that Amanda's buff is around her neck. Todd has his shirt off and is starting to grow a beard. This is probably in episode #2 real time.

This was filmed later as Amanda now has a bag around her right shoulder.

If only this one had been filmed a few seconds earlier!

Sometimes they forget to doctor the buff: In a regular pre-merge episode, Denise had a confessional about working with James while wearing the merge buff. Even the confessionals are spliced together. Listen carefully and you can hear the cuts in the tape, the different sound quality from one sentence to the other.

Pay close attention when people are having a discussion but we only see close ups of individuals, not really a group shot as they are talking. Not everyone shown was neccessarily in on the conversation. Be careful with voice-over, another trick to make us think one thing while the speaker had something else in mind.

What we see isn't what really happened. It's Burnett's story.

04-14-09, 08:25 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8"
Since you're forcing me to "disprove a negative", I figure turnaround is fair play.

Yes the Recrap episode was "aired" after Day 15 Survivor time, but are you suggesting MB and his production crew put together that episode immediately after Day 15 and NOT when the season was completely over??? Wouldn't you think ALL the episodes (including the Recrap) were edited AFTER the season was completed? If so, why couldn't an event that occurred after Day 15 be tossed into MB's magic potion as he served his "Kool-Aid" to us viewers mesmermized by his "trickery"?

Sorry if you were slighted by my word "ridiculous" but IMHO this editing angle holds very little water with me. Consequently, this is my last post on this thread in regard to playing this frivolous "card."

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-09, 08:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8"
Hey Aruba, I'm not trying to prolong this any longer but I want to put my two cents in. I enjoy your sparring with michel, iltarion and others, but I'm on michel's side on this one. I don't understand why you are so against the editing card. The entire show is crafted around the winner and we are influenced to like or dislike the characters by what the editors choose to show or delete or manipulate. Michel writes a really thoughtful analysis every week in the spoiling forum and there is a lot of validity to what he says. And yeah, I participate occasionally in that thread too. But not everyone is into reading spoilers and that's okay too.

I like this thread because its just peoples opinions and you can see who people really like (someone who is consistently near the top, but not always at #1 is usually the winner). I also find it interesting when people like Tyson and Erinn have rankings that are all over the place. They are the wildcards in the show. Thanks for starting this thread every week.

04-14-09, 09:17 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8"
Thanks CTGirl, it's good to have allies, you need some in this game!

Aruba and Iltarion, sorry for the long argument. That's what happens when I have too much time on my hands, being sick at home for a few days.

I'll just add for Aruba that you are so close. The trickery they do in the recap happens the same way in all the episodes.

ADKer 143 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-13-09, 10:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ADKer Click to send private message to ADKer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8"
There are a lot of great posts on this thread. Sorry in advance if this post is too frivolous for this thread. Not that I'm rooting for Erinn or argue with any of the observations made above but I have to post a "love" comment on her hair. It is wild. Finally - a contestant whose hair looks like it should after that much time in a humid wilderness. I love it! It looks worse every time she comes on screen!

Actually, both Erinn and Sierra are showing a lot of wear and tear, which is fun since it is apparent that they both will clean up very nicely.

04-14-09, 02:50 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8"
Maybe I need to reread everything. I don't know. I guess I don't have the energy (or interest) for it. Cause I don't get what the whole point is. Survivor is edited? Yeah. Tell us something new. Not sure what started the whole editing trickery BS. Who cares when Erinn said this or that? She's a nonplayer who has no story. Certainly there's something more important to argue, like whether teal is a shade of green or blue. Feel free to discuss any meaningless topic you want though if pictures of Amanda, Danni or Sundra are involved. Thanks.

>

04-14-09, 08:13 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8"
Unfortunately playing the edit card has been a staple in Survivor since season one. Castaways first used it as a lame and meager attempt at self-preservation to rationalize the deceitful and pathetic behavior that defined who they really are. Even when played, anyone with half a brain viewed it as a desparate back-pedaling plea. Although it is a common ploy used because even the most harsh critic is forced to have to "disprove a negative" in response which is extremely difficult if not impossible to do.

Sadly this desparate approach has transcended to these Boards. Some posters have drawn this edit card more times than Jesse James drew his gun. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy "what if" scenarios so long as the "what ifs" are based on what we heard, what we saw, and (barring any preconcieved MB "wizardry") what occurred.

Long story, short...I agree with you, Iltarion

sol 219 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-12-09, 10:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sol Click to send private message to sol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8"
This week was one of my favorite episodes of all time. Without TC they had time to actually show what happens around camp as pairs and trios go to the beach, fishing holes, for water and wood, or to tree mail. I believe this kind of negotiating - outwitting, outplaying - goes on all the time, it's just that the editors are trying to fit a different story into the allotted 42 - 43 minutes of a typical episode. I recall all the promises Rich Hatch, in his bamboozled episode, made during @SS that were never shown; but alluded to by Colby and/or Shii-Ann. We finally got to see a very important part of the game of Survivor ... the part the real players go on Survivor for.

1 - Tyson (1,1,2,1) - I can see why some people may consider him conceited, but to me it's just an act - he is one funny guy. His confessionals are what make this season worth watching. And he has a feel for the game as well. But being so strong in challenges makes him a huge target ... an alliance with Debbie, JT, Stephen and the weatherman are what he needs to go deep into the game.

2 - Stephen (2,3,3,2) - not shown as devious as Rob Cesternino, but playing just about everyone. We don't see how he approaches people, but he seems to have a lot of alliances. Whereas Tyson has some smarts to go with his (Tyson's) game, Stephen is perhaps even more inept physically than Rob C., but knows how to communicate so that people trust him.

3 - TJ (3,2,7,1) - recognized the potential of factions within Timbits and immediately went to work to hammer the wedge in deeper. With Stephen he can pull out of the alliance with Tyson, Coach and Debbie and join with Taj, Brendan and Sierra. In this case Tyson would only survive by going on a IC run - of which he is capable. With Tyson gone, TJ could go on that IC run.

4 - Brendan (5,4,1,4) - did a good job of flying low, it was the wrong time to expose the secret alliance. Blindsides will happen, and Brendan could benefit. He has to see the alliance between Stephen and JT, so it makes sense for him to approach Taj and Stephen now. I don't think we are seeing his whole game.

5 - Taj (6,6,5,5) - starting to feel insecure about her secret alliance, but didn't approach Brendan either. She's weighing her options, but feels she may not make end game.

6 - Sierra (4,5,4,7) - not much presence in an episode that featured more important things to see.

7 - Debbie (7,9,12,13) - like so many UTR players before her she is letting the alpha males duke it out while she sticks around.

8 - Erinn (8,7,11,10) - wrong time of the game to be without a firm alliance. She'll fly UTR for a few more eps as the alpha males have fish to fry.

9 - The weatherman (11,12,13,14) - I decided he would always fill the spot of most loathed weeks ago, although I actually enjoyed some of his comments this week ... but then SFX helps.

Injury time out - Joe may have had a bigger role to play around camp and in challenges than we saw, but the editors knew not to spend as much time on him as those who would last longer.

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-12-09, 11:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8"
1) JT – A likable and trustworthy guy who may be too trusting. He’s the “stand up” guy this season
2) TYSON – Not quite sure whether to love Tyson for his confessional comedy or hate him for his vanity. He is probably the best all around player.

3) TAJ – makes me laugh. I find myself hoping that she will do well. But what was that cheering all about? “Yippee Joe, we’ll miss you, don’t let the door hit you on the way out.”

4) BRENDAN –I have yet to see him do much but there is potential.

5) SIERRA - She is hot looking and reminds me of Sugar. (Hey, my list, my criteria).

6) STEPHEN – Reminds me of two time loser Rob C who proved only to be good on paper. Fortunately he isn’t quite as annoying as Rob.

7) ERINN – Her strategy is as thin as her body.

8) DEBRA – Who?

9) BENJAMIN (Coach) – Benjamin is single and currently splits his time in Bolivar, Mo, and Susanville, Calif. Residence of both states have petitioned him to take up residence in Alaska.

Medivac JOE – Seemed like a decent sort but hardly made a mark on the game.

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-09, 08:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 8"
1. Brendan – I really like him and he’s my favorite (which means he’ll be toast before the finale!) Last week showed him to be in a precarious position and yet again he took too long to talk to his secret alliance members, but he has a way of putting people at ease, so I think he’ll emerge from this scuffle okay. I also noticed his six-pack that has emerged (unlike JT’s gut, LOL).

2. JT – I loved how he baldy lied to Coach’s face about not knowing if Taj had the idol. What a switch from the trusting, sweet ‘Bama boy he was a Jalapao.

3. Stephen – He has an alliance with almost everyone left and no one knows it except for JT (who has also managed to have almost as many alliances as Stephen). People trust him and I think he’s savvy enough and shrewd enough to carry it off. Coach trusts JT, JT trusts Stephen, but Stephen doesn’t trust anyone. He’s going with his gut. I like that.

4. Taj – I’m starting to think she’s too nice for this game. She set up her alliance and thinks she’s safe but how aware is she of the shifting alliances around camp? She should get as excited about the game as she does about food and gift certificates!

5. Debbie – She held on like a trooper in that immunity challenge when she didn’t really need to win (unlike Erinn and Coach who gave up). She’s still a brainless cheerleader though.

6. Sierra – Where the heck was she this week during all the strategizing?

7. Erinn – We’ve seen that Erinn is puzzle smart but what was that bubble-headed flirty-stupid act with Joe? I’m sure there was more to their conversation but why is that all we saw? I also can’t stand looking at her hair knowing that she was vain enough to wear hair extensions on Survivor (what was she thinking?!) and knowing that some survivor alum (can’t remember who) said they attract fleas! Skeevs me out. Maybe I’ll like her better whenif she uses her swing vote to off Coach!

8. Tyson – His confessionals and cockiness are funny, but overall he left me with a real negative vibe this week. So Brendan is a sneaky bastard? What’s the big deal – so are you and you don’t have dibs on that role.

9. Coach – “It’s all about me now!” When has it ever not been about you Coach? The thunder and lightning and epic music surrounding his yoga was hysterical. Even the producers think he’s a tool.

Booted - Joe: Nice guy, but he didn't add much to the story.

Another Tribe Creation

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •