The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or 7"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 1891 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-03-09, 08:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or 7"
Another tribute to one of the most popular Survivors ever - Yau Man. And another spectacle of castaways with the combined mental capacity to fit in a thimble (with a couple exceptions.) I'll include a few observations from last week's recrap episode in this week's ranking. Episode six and still no mention of the Anti-Darwin Syndrome being applied...that's got to be a Survivor record! AHHHH, but the merge is right around the corner.

1) TYSON (1,1,2,5) - The undisputed star of the recrap episode and MVP in the IC. The trash-talking to JT was uncalled for, but he's making this season fun to watch and performing well in the process.

2) STEVE (3,3,4,3) - The guy has a great head for Survivor. Hard to believe the stellar production crew can't find more like him among the tens of thousands who apply. I just wish he wouldn't look so tormented at TC. What's the big dilemma? If you sell out Taj now, your name is mud at the merge.

3) BRENDAN (5,5,1,7) - I had to initially question his decision to send someone outside his alliance to EI. The theory of a cross-tribe alliance is pretty much a foregone conclusion at this point. So why let someone else know there are two HIIs and your alliance probably possesses both? But even this questionable decision has worked out well for him. It's amazing in life you have some people who can step in sh!t and always come out smelling like a rose. Brendan has this innate gift, and coupled with some solid play, is taking full advantage of it in this game.

4) SIERRA (6,4,3,2) - Gotta love how she fed Benji's ego in the recrap episode when pretending to thank him for "motivating" her. Ha-Ha! But took a step back by calling him out on burning the beans. Still like her position.

5) TAJ (2,2,5,4) - Must have attended the same arts & crafts class as last season's winner Bob (even though this fake HII has gotten old.) But long live Yau Man! I'd be remiss if I didn't say I almost choked on my snack last week when watching the recrap episode and listening to Taj proclaim she's not fat. I dunno...if her body is all muscle, then Queen Latifah would give Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson a run for his money in a body building contest.

6) DEBBIE (8,7,13,14) - She's steadily climbing up my list. Not sure if I'm thinking she may be a decent player, or perhaps it's because she's the "hottest"-looking chick left in this game?

7) JT (4,6,6,1) - Unless JT and Tyson were specifically told beforehand if they didn't demolish the tile they would only be shooting at a half target, I won't hold JT too accountable for his IC performance. But his gullibility is inexcusible. You really think Steve and Taj will have your back up to the F3? You really think Taj will graciously hand over her HII to save your hide? What an idiot!

8) BENJAMIN (9,9,11,9) - I guess our resident meteorologist thought that last storm would also blow over when deciding to cook the beans longer. DUH! But I give him a slight reprieve for reconfirming the fact that Erinn is still in this game for no other reason than dumb-a$$ luck.

I'll let the last two share the same ranking because they probably share the same brain...

10-T) ERINN (10,11,12,11) - Your urn had as many clues as Nicholas Cage had in BOTH National Treasure movies and you seriously think that the HIIs are still there? What a moron! I just wish the cameraman would have zoomed in on Erinn's face when Sierra and Benji were arguing. It would have been the second time I saw her smile...the first being when she knew Jerry's stomach would save her a$$.

10-T) JOE (11,8,7,13) - Ditto on the same stupidity Erinn displayed when both were on EI. Perhaps more stupid falling for the fake HII. Aside from his mental deficiency, anyone who thinks someone should get a "free pass" just for being gorgeous deserves the bottom spot in this ranking. Could his infected leg be setting us up for a future medi-vac? Although I would never wish serious injury even on a simpleton, it would be no great loss for this season.

BOOTED) SYDNEY (7,12,9,10) - Farwell to our "Woodland Goddess." As a final tribute I must give her a ton of credit for her performance in the RC. Because of the barrier, JT was forced to deliver some laser tosses right at her ankles and she managed to scoop them up even though they were hurting her body. Great effort, Sydney! Unfortunately for her, not enough horny toads were casted this season to save her.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or... michel 04-04-09 1
   RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or... Aruba 04-04-09 2
       RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or... garcor 04-04-09 3
           RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or... Aruba 04-04-09 4
               RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or... garcor 04-04-09 5
       RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or... michel 04-04-09 6
           RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or... Aruba 04-05-09 7
               RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or... ohmyheck 04-05-09 8
                   RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or... Belle Book 04-05-09 9
                       RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or... Aruba 04-05-09 13
                           RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or... Belle Book 04-05-09 14
                   RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or... Aruba 04-05-09 10
                       RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or... Belle Book 04-05-09 11
                           RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or... Aruba 04-05-09 12
                               RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or... Belle Book 04-05-09 15
                                   RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or... ohmyheck 04-05-09 17
 RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or... michel 04-05-09 16
 RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or... iltarion 04-08-09 18
   RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or... garcor 04-09-09 19
       RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or... iltarion 04-09-09 20
           RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or... garcor 04-09-09 21
           RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or... michel 04-09-09 22
               RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or... iltarion 04-10-09 23
                   RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or... garcor 04-10-09 24
                   RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or... michel 04-10-09 25
                       RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or... iltarion 04-11-09 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-04-09, 00:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or 7"
Aruba, do you know why Timbits are up 6-4 over Jalapeno? Three times, Timbits won a puzzle immunity. Three times, Erinn was left in charge of the puzzle with Brendan. Moron? I don't think so and neither do the Timbits apparently.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

04-04-09, 07:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or 7"
>Aruba, do you know why Timbits
>are up 6-4 over Jalapeno?

HMMM, let me take a stab at that question. Perhaps they're up by two because...wait a minute; let me think; OK, I got it!...they won the last two ICs??? I dunno...just a wild guess on my part. And how did they win the last two ICs? Because the only challenge competitor worth a lick on Jalapao is JT (perhaps I might give an honorable mention to Taj.)

In episode 5 IC the combination of Brendan and Tyson were able to outscore JT all by his lonesome to give Timbira a 6-5 edge. On Thursday, Tyson was able to build (what should have been) a comfortable lead before handing the IC off to Brendan and Erinn.

In my ranking I noted there are a "couple exceptions" to my factual statement of the idiots and morons CBS loves to cast for Survivor. At this point I'll name names...Brendan and Steve. Yes...the same Brendan teamed up with Erinn to solve the puzzle. And the same Brendan who had to explain to Erinn that you need to spin the movable sections to fit the puzzle pieces in...at which point a light bulb went on in her head and she exclaimed something to the effect of "OHHHHHH OK!"

What I also observed in that IC is that Brendan/Erinn were actually squandering the lead Tyson provided, although not a big surprise with Steve one of the puzzle solvers for Jalapao. But in the end, Typson provided enough of a cushion for Timbira to give them the 6-4 edge they now have.

To even remotely suggest Timbira is ahead because of Erinn is totally nuts. But it's not unusual that you and I seem to be watching "different" episodes. My rationale for referring to Joe and Erinn as idiotic morons was based on the fact that they thought the HIIs would still be at the camps even with all those clues revealed. Steve sure had no problem figuring it out when telling Taj that Joe will know right where the idol was hidden.

garcor 432 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-04-09, 07:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail garcor Click to send private message to garcor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or 7"
1) Steve: Looked to be doing the best job thinking of anyone in the game, though not necessarily the best job acting. Liked the fact he tried to control interaction between Taj and JT in order to keep himself needed to Taj. Same with realizing need for hidden idol.

2) Brendan: Didn't see the problem with him sending Joe to exile island. Likely trying to cover up cross tribal alliance. Did send what appears to be the least intelligent Jalapao though Joe's reasoning for bringing Erinn (most likely to flip) made sense. And by now, with all Brendan's trips to exile, fellow Timbura's should figure there's a good chance he has the (or a) II. That doesn't mean there is a cross-tribal alliance.

Wonder how Brendan will respond to Taj's recruitment of a third Jalapao, giving her and Stephen a number's advantage. Brendan has a bigger numbers advantage as a Timbura and the thought of having Coach as an opponent at final TC should make him salivate like the thought of a steak (or pizza for vegetarians) dinner waiting on exile island.

3) Taj: Think her recruitment of JT likely saved her having to play her idol sooner rather than later. Did she intentionally leave the idol where JT could easily find it hoping to force their telling him? If Yes, it proved an effective way of bringing JT in while putting Stephen in the difficult position of having to explain why he didn't tell JT he knew Taj had the idol. Something to use against Stephen with JT later? If No, she needs to be a lot more careful about where she stashes it; for starters she should reclaim it. Not sure of long term effect of bringing in JT with Brendan/Sierra? Also not sure of promise of idol to JT. Perhaps she thinks he will never need it, but thinking JT might be a likely first post-merge boot if he doesn't win immunity.

4) Sierra: Enjoyed her comments to the Chef about the burned beans. Still in a good position.

5) Tyson: Playing well, and perhaps the season's best challenge performer, but who are his allies besides Chef? Debbie I guess. Likely another potential early post-merge target in order to kill chances of an IC run while isolating Chef, so he could (if desired) be safely carried as a final IC opponent.

6) JT: Still a strong challenge performer, and now also a member of the cross-tribal alliance. Can he do anything with that?

7) The Chef: 21st century renaissance man adds cook to his impressive resume of coach, survivalist, and weatherman. Am I leaving out any skill areas? Perhaps diplomat as his well-reasoned reaction to Sierra's irritation at the burned beans showed.

8) Erinn: At least seemed into the game once approached by Joe.

9) Joe: Gorgeous or not, Sydney was Joe's ally. Don't see it as a bad thing that he was loyal to her. Also thinking in choosing Erinn for exile. Not so much in so easily falling for fake idol.

10 Debbie: This low because next to nothing has been shown about her. Thinking will prove useful only as a swing vote.

Gone: Sydney: Not enough of a game to last long. Agree did well in RC this time.

04-04-09, 01:52 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or 7"
Nice list, garcor. You also provided some food for thought in your rankings. I like that. Would like to respond to a few:

1) BRENDAN - In ep. 5 Tyson and Co. pretty much figured out there was a cross-tribe alliance brewing between Brendan and Taj. Debbie even chimed in and threw Sierra into the mix. Not sure if they suspect Steve at this point, but they know something went down so there's really no tracks to cover.
I might have to disagree with you when you said Timbira has figured Brendan has a HII. Erinn appeared genuinely surprised at the revelation that the HII is back at camp and there are probably two. THAT'S the consequence of the risk taken by sending someone outside the alliance to EI. But with the upcoming merge Brendan may have escaped any adverse effect of that decision.
Also remember the first time Brendan returned from EI he lied to his tribe and said his urn was empty and Taj had the clue. A lie that could have haunted him dearly had there been a tribal flip-flop before the merge, but "Houdini" managed to escape that one too.

2) TAJ - Good call on possibly letting JT find the HII on purpose. I didn't consider that, but the strategy makes sense. As far as using it against Steve, I think the opposite would occur with Steve using the HII against Taj to win JT's favor. A few TBs ago remember Taj baiting Joe into asking her if she had the HII. When he asked she turned around, looked straight into his eyes, and said NO. I can't think of more powerful ammunition to attack someone's credibility. And I think we both agree Steve would have the savvy and intelligence to use it.

3) JOE - Sure Sydney was Joe's ally; but what does one ally do for you in a tribe of six and a merge of 10? Not much. I do recall Joe specifically saying she should get a "free pass" because she is "gorgeous." As far as choosing Erinn for EI...he could rationlize "strategy" all he wants, the primary reason he choose Erinn was the primary reason he aligned with Sydney -- he's a horny toad whose libido is off the charts.

Thanks for the "food"!

04-04-09, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail garcor Click to send private message to garcor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or 7"
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-09 AT 02:55 PM (EST)

You're welcome Aruba.

As for Brendan, perhaps he is just lucky. But think it was a bit of a risk for him either way. Not sure how much Tyson and Co. actually know about the alliance but if Brendan sent Taj or Steve it would likely only deepen their suspicions. Instead he took the risk that others would find the clues, presumably in an attempt to dampen suspicions about the alliance. On second thought, he clearly was lucky, but sometimes people make their luck by taking chances. Think it will become increasingly tricky for him as he tries to finesse being both in the majority tribe and in a supposed secret alliance. What happens if JT's name surfaces as the first postmerge target? Does Taj give JT her idol?

Was thinking Taj could just say in front of JT that she left the idol out for JT to find because she wanted JT in her alliance and Steve didn't, as evidenced by the fact that Steve didn't tell JT about the idol even though Steven was allegedly JT's ally while Taj wasn't. (I think that last bit is true.) Do see your point about Steve being smart enough to manipulate things his way.

True enough. Joe could have just been rationalizing his desire to spend time with Erinn.

04-04-09, 06:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or 7"
If you combine this:

>Brendan
>teamed up with Erinn to
>solve the puzzle. And the
>same Brendan who had to
>explain to Erinn that you
>need to spin the movable
>sections to fit the puzzle
>pieces in...at which point a
>light bulb went on in
>her head and she exclaimed
>something to the effect of
>"OHHHHHH OK!"

with:

>I had to initially question
>his decision to send someone
>outside his alliance to EI

I must say that you really fall for the edited line that Burnett feeds us! Do you think that was the only exchange between Brendan and Erinn during the puzzle? Do you really think that Brendan was the only one to decide who would go to Exile Island?!!

At one point Erinn told Brendan how to place a puzzle piece so it's not as if she was only relying on him. And I know that you don't decide on who goes to exile on your own. Brendan voiced Timbira's choice.

>To even remotely suggest Timbira is
>ahead because of Erinn is
>totally nuts.

I'm not nuts, thank you very much. Timbira, who knows her a lot better than you or me, has always chosen Erinn to do the puzzles. That HAS to mean they don't consider her a moron. That's the opinion that counts, especially since Timbira won 3 of the 4 IC puzzles.

04-05-09, 08:39 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or 7"
ME??? Playing the EDIT card???? Surely you say that in jest! LOL

How many times have you seen me on these Boards criticize those who use "editing" as an excuse. Quite frankly I have always considered it a classic cop-out.

No Michel...I call'em the way I see'em. And clearly we don't see'em the same way. But it's all good...different strokes for different folks. It's what makes the world go 'round.

I never said that was the only exchange between Brendan and Erinn when solving the puzzle; but it was the initial exchange. After Brendan set Erinn straight on why those sections are moveable I know they continued to communicate (and even though they lost a bit of the lead) managed to help give Timbira the win.

Honestly, yes I do believe it is Brendan calling the shots as to who should go to EI. Granted he may not be "dictating" to his tribe who to send, but the crafty player he is, probably uses the power of suggestion to decide who gets sent to EI.

Com'on now...you really think Erinn is chosen to do the puzzles because they think she's smart??? You don't think they have her in that role because of her ineptness in the physical portions of the challenges? I'm not saying Erinn sucks in puzzles, but the fact of the matter is she is a far greater liability in the physical portions than the puzzle-solving portions. THAT'S why she is being chosen for that role (when she is unable to sit out two challenges in a row.)

ohmyheck 1919 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-09, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ohmyheck Click to send private message to ohmyheck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or 7"
I hate to point out the obvious, but your last point had little to nothing to do with this challenge in this episode. There was no physical aspect and Timbira still chose her as the puzzle maker.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-05-09, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or 7"
Yeah. But here's my two cents on Erinn:

I don't think she's as great as Michel thinks she is. I think Sierra's better than she is. But I don't think she's as awful as Aruba thinks she is, either. I think she'll get far but she won't win (sorry, Michel).

Belle Book

04-05-09, 05:11 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or 7"
Hey Belle,

A point of reference...Michel is a "he"...but that's OK, I made the same mistake years ago when he first became my sparring partner.

Actually I wouldn't say Erinn is "awful"...she's not even close to my worst 10 of all-time on Survivor. I still think her and Joe were ding-a-lings on EI.

It's just a shame that you have some castaways who fight tooth and nail and exert every ounce of sweat and blood just to advance, and someone like Erinn has been playing on "house money" since episode three.

04-05-09, 06:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or 7"
BTW, whenever I mentioned "she," I think I was referring to Erinn, not Michel. But I'm still glad to know that Michel's a guy and not a girl.

But I understand where you're coming from -- Erinn had been living on borrowed time until the merge and mainly got by because Jerry got so sick and then her team kept winning.

Belle Book

04-05-09, 12:50 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or 7"
ohmyheck,

We're not talking about ONE challenge; Michel is referencing FOUR challenges. But even so, I think there was some physical aspect in the last IC. Handling the slingshot and being able to pull the band back hard enough to generate enough speed to destroy the tile sounds physical to me.

Granted only Tyson and JT were engaged in this physical aspect, you did not know they would be the only ones before the challenge started. The rules of the challenge were others could have engaged in this physical aspect as well, but Tyson and JT opted not to hand-off the slingshot.

Timbara chose her as "A" puzzle solver; not "THE" puzzle solver. With the lead Tyson provided, anyone could have been teamed with Brendan and Timbira would have won that IC.

Actually I never brought up this whole "puzzle-solving" stuff in the first place. For the record, solving puzzles has never equated to intelligence in my opinion. Some of the biggest dunces I've known could rifle through a puzzle book in one sitting. Conversely, I personally know a genius (MENSA member) who couldn't complete a Sudoku if her life depended on it.

04-05-09, 03:24 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or 7"
I don't think puzzle-solving necessarily equates to intelligence -- at least when it comes to people like those in MENSA. But have you read Estee's Survivor: the Society Islands? The main character was very bright and she was a puzzle whiz. Of course, she was an Internet cartoonist so I suspect that helped with the puzzles.

Belle Book

04-05-09, 04:20 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or 7"
Hi Belle

I know Estee but have no idea what Survivor: The Society Islands is??? So unfortunately you lost me on that one.

Sorry

04-05-09, 06:33 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or 7"
Check out the Story Competitions sub-forum. You'll find his story there.

Belle Book

ohmyheck 1919 desperate attention whore postings

04-05-09, 11:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ohmyheck Click to send private message to ohmyheck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or 7"
For future reference, Estee is a her.

04-05-09, 10:03 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or 7"
1) BRENDAN (2,2,5,1)- He has taken over leadership in Timbira and has a lot of options going into the merge.

2) STEPHEN (4,5,6,2,2)- The best player out there. However, saying different things to different people can quickly come back to hurt him.

3) ERINN (7,1,1,4)- I would like to point out that I don't love Erinn. I like the story we've seen so far and I like even more the potential her story holds. She told Joe that the idols were probably not there anymore.

4) SIERRA (1,3,2,3)- Not too crazy about "Mad Sierra", "Angry Sierra", "Frustrated Sierra". Unless she uses that angst to blindside Coach.

5) JT (3,4,3,5)- JT; how many days had it been since Taj had been to EI? Didn't Stephen also go there? Stephen told you that Taj had already told him about the HII and you don't suspect anything fishy? Didn't you notice how sneaky and cold Stephen was about having possession of the idol? You still trust him??? Why exactly?

6) TAJ (9,6,4,6)- You don't ever hide your HII in camp. You don't give it away. You don't promise to give it to someone. Taj needed to have JT in her corner but she could have simply said she would consider giving it to him and using it to flip someone after the merge.

7) TYSON (5,10,12,7)- A joker who is good in challenges but he is all talk and no action when it comes to the game.

8) DEBBIE (12,13,8,8)- She swims well.

9) JOE (14,7,9,9)- He's completely out of the loop.

10) Coach (8,8,11,10) - There is no such thing as meaningless stuff when it comes to food in Survivor. He's the one that probably didn't deserve the reward.

Booted) SYDNEY (11,9,7,8)- She was better at this than I first thought.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings

04-08-09, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or 7"
LAST EDITED ON 04-08-09 AT 11:46 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 04-08-09 AT 11:40 AM (EST)

I actually found the recap episode somewhat entertaining. The following episode was somewhat predictable, once again. The editing pretty much told us Chalapal was losing another IC, which made Sydney the obvious boot.

1. Stephen - He has worked his way from fortunate beneficiary to manipulator. His handling of Taj and JT not only probably saved Taj, but also might have saved his own hide after merge as JT might be needed to have the majority at 9 with Joe being the obvious first boot. He is actually in the best position even while in the minority tribe as long as Brendan and Sierra don't change their minds.
2. Tyson - He and Coach were definitely the stars of the recap. Though Tyson has touted his player abilities, we have only seen his social game and challenge game so far, both of which are impressive. Strategically he has done little that we've seen. Recruiting Erin into an alliance would have been wise, and possibly throwing a challenge to get rid of Brendan also might have been a good idea. He stays near the top for his other two qualities though. I loved his offer to JT. Even when being cocky he has the ability to come off as good natured.
3. Brendan- Drops to 3 mostly for the recap, which revealed him as more of a Colby clone than I had even originally pegged him. Where Colby just wanted the face time, Brendan is in it for the "adventure." Not another one of those. That train already left the station. It was called- Season 1. Though he may have said that on the recap, his in game confessionals show him playing the game at all times. So, maybe he is trying to do both. I don't know.
4. JT - He might be too trusting and honest for this game, but I genuinely like the guy. Though Stephen is playing him, that alliance might get him past the merge, where otherwise, he is the obvious first boot post merge.
5. Coach - Recap showed the paradox that is Coach. He had to have the beans his way and laughed off the thought that he deserved criticism when they were ruined. Yet he also, I believe honestly, tried to help motivate and pull Sierra out of her shell, even apologizing and explaining himself to her afterwards, which she seemed to accept. He is obviously a pretty unique individual. That uniqueness gets him his air time regardless of where the game is at. If you can't get over your own ego, I'm sure he comes off as a pompous @ss, but I find it easy to admire him, to a point. After all, uncompromising men are easy to admire.
6. Taj - Where are the women at? How sad. An Amanda comes around only once in 5 seasons, apparently. OK, Amanda comes around only once in a lifetime, but a solid, likable, intelligent, and strong woman comes around about once every 3 seasons apparently. Taj is in the best position and has played the most game of any of the women this season, but she gets manipulated by other people quite easily. She will go far but not win this game. Left the HII for JT to find it on purpose? Psst, please.
7. Sierra- Who? She got some air time in the recap, a positive sign that she could be around for a while, but what has she done in the game? Align with Brendan and look pale. That is about it.
8. Debbie - Could be a somewhat strong, intelligent and likable woman, but she has no role in this season other than as a prop for Tyson. If she is married, she has somewhat crossed the line, and if she is not, then get it on with Tyson and get it over with.
9. Joe - Overstepped himself when he thought he had enough sway to protect Sydney. Apparently he didn't notice JT and Stephen's little alliance. Maybe he should have formed a tighter bond with Spencer when he had the chance instead of cavorting with a woman who says she loves another man. Plan with Erin wasn't a bad one, and I don't blame him for picking someone he might enjoy spending time with. He is gone next episode if JT wins immunity, and might be gone regardless.
10. Erin - Admitted to us that she has no alliances in the game. As far as can be seen, she has done nothing in the game. She is not likable enough to make it far as a swing vote. Yeah, she helps solve the puzzles for Timbira. She has to do something, right? Brendan is the tribe's strongest physical player AND does the puzzles. Now THAT's something. You have to be pretty worthless to be at the bottom of my list while being the most attractive woman left in the game. Nuff said.

the unmerged

Carolina - woah
Candace- wow
Jerry - owie
Sandy- fruity
Spencer- didn't get a story until the episode he was booted
Sydney - typical that she was looking her best for the TC she got the boot, tried to be something more than her looks while still willing to play them, would still be in the game if not for Brendan choosing to take Taj to EI at the start

>

04-09-09, 06:00 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or 7"
Once in a lifetime sounds about right for finding an Amanda. But haven't there been any other strong, intelligent women?

04-09-09, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or 7"
I said strong, intelligent and likable. Big key there. I think Candace would have fit the strong, intelligent and hot bill, but she wasn't very likable. Even if we toss out the likable part though, how many strong female players have we seen since Micronesia? I said after Micronesia that all the women who loved seeing women dominate and the men get their comeuppance better have enjoyed that season. I didn't know how prophetic I was being at the time. I would say there has been an extreme shortage of good female players since. For as long Aruba has been criticizing player selection, I would say it is debatable whether we've seen a poor selection of male castaways, but there is little argument that the female selections have been very poor. Since Parvati used her clique-building skills to rob Amanda of Micronesia, what woman has even come close to winning? Susie? Is that the best we can get? You have to be kidding me.

>

04-09-09, 06:26 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or 7"
I suppose likeable and intelligent might be an easier find. The trouble with the strong part is that in most of the challenges found in survivor even the strongest women find it hard to compete with the stronger men. Yet someone like Tracy from Micronesia seemed to me to be strong, likeable and intelligent, and a very good competitor as well. But yes, that was Micronesia.

04-09-09, 08:57 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or 7"
Wow! Where do I start?

I guess this has to comes first:

"If you can't get over your own ego, I'm sure he (Coach) comes off as a pompous @ss, but I find it easy to admire him, to a point. After all, uncompromising men are easy to admire."

So, it's our fault? We only perceive him as a pompous ass? No, trust me, Coach IS a pompous ass. Do you know he told his soccer players that he needed to leave the team because he had to undergo cancer tests? Leaving them wasn't enough, he had to create an emotional turmoil. Admire him if you want but he's a joke and that's not my ego talking.

"Where are the women at? How sad. An Amanda comes around only once in 5 seasons, apparently. OK, Amanda comes around only once in a lifetime, but a solid, likable, intelligent, and strong woman comes around about once every 3 seasons"

Some say that Amanda wasn't even the most solid, likeable, intelligent woman in China, that Peih Gee and Jaime were. In Micronesia, Eliza, Ami, Tracy, Natalie and Alexis were all strong, intelligent and likable players who could have done what Amanda did if Cirie (the really intelligent and likable player of that season) and Parvati had been on their side. Jacquie in Gabon was extremely good also while Sugar and Crystal weren't too bad. Sydney showed she could do just about anything asked of a Survivor. With a little luck, all of them could have gotten to where Amanda ended up. Or maybe THEY could have won.

"Since Parvati used her clique-building skills to rob Amanda of Micronesia, what woman has even come close to winning? Susie? Is that the best we can get?"

This is simply too funny. What man has come close to winning since then? Only 1 because there has been only 1 winner. Is Bob the best we can get? Since two women faced the jury in Gabob, I guess women have done better, as a group, then men since aaaallll the way back in the old days when Parvati won. Anyway, 4 women still have a shot this year.

04-10-09, 12:55 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or 7"
LAST EDITED ON 04-10-09 AT 01:04 PM (EST)

The Coach- pompous @ss comment referred to players in the game, not us viewers. All viewers can feel free to consider him an a$$.

Regarding the Amanda comments, I don't consider Jaime intelligent. I don't consider Alexis or Natalie likable. Actually I would say Natalie, excluding her body, is in the top ten least likable players ever. My complaint did not encompass Micronesia anyway. Micronesia had several strong female players. I liked PG a lot, but I certainly wouldn't consider her strong. Sugar was not a "strong" woman in any regard, and I would not consider Crystal or Jacquie strong and intelligent either. Saying any of these players could have accomplished with a little luck what Amanda did is paramount to saying I could have been President Obama with a little luck; there is a kernel of truth to it, but a preposterously small one at that. Let's not forget Amanda is the only player, male or female, in Survivor history to make the Finals twice. Yes, I realize only a few survivors have had the chance at it, but regardless, statistically, by a more empirical argument, Amanda is the greatest female survivor ever. I could list at least ten reasons for each woman you mentioned on why they could NOT have accomplished what Amanda did thru two seasons, luck or no luck. I also could list reasons, though fewer, why other strong female players like Cerie, Parvati, and Ami also could not have accomplished what Amanda did in HER seasons. Regardless, even if they could have accomplished what Amanda did, that doesn't change the indisputable fact that Amanda DID accomplish it while they did not.

Your last comment regarding the fact there has only been one winner since Micronesia is on the money. I actually was tempted to add a footnote that my complaint is somewhat hedged by the fact that there only has been one season and one winner since Micronesia, but figured that the obviousness of that fact guaranteed someone would point it out for me. I was sort of including this season, which I realized afterwards is perhaps premature. It is still possible a woman could actually win this season, though as of yet, I don't find any of them deserving, but that hardly stopped anyone from winning it in the past. Saying 'is Bob the best we can do' is hardly an indictment against men, considering Bob was a well-liked overachiever who is generally considered to have been very deserving. If one is going to hold that Suzie and Sugar (she of 0 votes) making the Finals is evidence that women have actually done better than men since Micro, then the same logic would support that Amanda is the best female survivor since she made two Finals and no other woman has. It is essentially the same empirical argument I stated above. So, in short, if you want to make that argument, you should not at the same time be arguing against Amanda. See what I mean? P/O

>

04-10-09, 03:22 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or 7"
Might also depend on your definition of "strong". Is it competitive in challenges or able to play a strong game (strategically, socially, etc.) in something less than ideal conditions (note the number of player's who have been removed from the game for medical reasons or essentially quit in recent seasons.)

04-10-09, 04:42 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or 7"

>Regarding the Amanda comments, I don't
>consider Jaime intelligent.

If you base that on her playing a fake idol, you forget that she knew it was fake but the producers encouraged her to play it nonetheless. Amanda didn't look very smart in either of her FTCs. If Jaime's tribe had majority at merge, she would have been in perfect position to win. Erik and Sherea on one side of her alliance, PG and Frosti on the other.

>I don't
>consider Alexis or Natalie likable.
>Actually I would say Natalie,
>excluding her body, is in
>the top ten least likable
>players ever.

Jason, Erik, Alexis, Parvati and Cirie found the real, unedited Natalie very likeable. The guys in particular fell for her charms and that was a main reason for their downfall. For the viewers, it depends on your point of view but the sudden emergeance of the stone-cold b*tch that wanted to floss her teeth with Erik's jugular was very enjoyable.

>I would
>not consider Crystal or Jacquie
>strong and intelligent either.

Despite looking like a fool in Survivor-type challenges, a gold medal in track and field is a stronger accomplishment than what Amanda did.
Jacquie was strong in many challenges and was said to be intelligent by Marcus and Charlie, the reason they wanted to align with her. What do you use to judge her?

>statistically by a
>more empirical argument, Amanda is
>the greatest female survivor ever.

So, by that argument, Big Tom from Africa is the greatest male Survivor ever. Très drôle!

>Saying
>'is Bob the best we
>can do' is hardly an
>indictment against men, considering Bob
>was a well-liked overachiever

Loved Bob. Great guy, good grand-pa figure. Survivor winner? One of the luckiest ever since the only reason he won was because Sugar needed a second daddy. Or rather, she wanted to further her acting career so she went for the drama.

>If you want to make that
>argument, you should not at
>the same time be arguing
>against Amanda. See what I
>mean?

I'm not arguing against Amanda. I really liked her also. I'm arguing against the notion that there is only Amanda that was worth being on Survivor.

I thought that, after all this talk about Amanda, you would enjoy seeing this cartoon made about "lividmanda":

http://survivorsucks.yuku.com/topic/30903

It is quite funny and I know that Amanda and Eliza have commented positively on it.

04-11-09, 03:24 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 6 or 7"
Good link. I appreciate anything involving Amanda.

>

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •