The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Anyone ever try going spoiler free?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-16-08, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Anyone ever try going spoiler free?"
Hello all, it's been a LONG time since I have been on the boards - I decided to try this season spoiler (and board) free to see what it would be like.

I was surprised to find that I think my experience actually lessened! Despite the blindsides this season, they weren't shocking - maybe 16 previous seasons has given me a 'been there, done that' feeling?

Also, I missed discussing and interacting on the boards, playing the games, spoling the show, etc.

I am coming back for the next season, confident in knowing that being here doesn't take away from the enjoyment at all, in my opinion.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Anyone ever try going spoiler f... CTgirl 12-16-08 1
   RE: Anyone ever try going spoiler f... smokedog 12-16-08 2
 RE: Anyone ever try going spoiler f... mia rules18 12-16-08 3
 RE: Anyone ever try going spoiler f... Jims02 12-16-08 4
 RE: Anyone ever try going spoiler f... LibraRising 12-17-08 5
 RE: Anyone ever try going spoiler f... Molaholic 12-18-08 6
 RE: Anyone ever try going spoiler f... Sunny_Bunny 12-18-08 7
   RE: Anyone ever try going spoiler f... jbug 12-18-08 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-16-08, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Anyone ever try going spoiler free?"
I could never go spoiler free, I like to shake the presents under the Christmas tree.

I know I would have stopped watching Vanuatu and probably Fiji if I weren't involved in the boards here. The interaction between everyone - discussion, games, etc. - does add to my enjoyment of the show. Plus none of my friends in real life are still watching Survivor, so I need someone to discuss it with!

I don't know if you realized that there were no sourced spoilers this season so every week we made our picks from what we could figure out from the clues, vidcaps and editing. It also made playing the games a lot more tricky!

Glad you'll be back next season!

Dash Away by Agman - bobbled by Tribe

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

smokedog 1885 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-16-08, 05:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail smokedog Click to send private message to smokedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Anyone ever try going spoiler free?"
> don't know if you realized that there were no sourced spoilers this season

I did not know about that, but didn't want to read anything just in case. I thought I would totally disconnect to see what it would be like.

mia rules18 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-16-08, 06:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mia%20rules18 Click to send private message to mia%20rules18 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Anyone ever try going spoiler free?"
I don't do spoilers at all...I love the thrill of sitting through the hour unknowing of who will be getting the boot. This season was so undpredictable which made it even more enjoying. And, yes, I heard that spoilers were hard to come by this season...which is probably the reason why I did well for the first time ever over at the Games forum!!

Jims02 7328 desperate attention whore postings

12-16-08, 08:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Anyone ever try going spoiler free?"
LAST EDITED ON 12-16-08 AT 08:46 PM (EST)

I've been spoiler-free since Survivor Palau. Vanuatu was the last season I read spoilers for.

I realized during Vanuatu that reading the spoilers was kinda ruining the show for me, so I stopped. I enjoy pouring over the editing and previews and whatnot, which I still do for TAR semi-regularly. However, during Amazon, Pearl Islands, All-Stars, and Vanuatu, I found that very little work needed to be done since general bootlists were pretty common in those seasons. It became more or less about waiting for Snewser to just post the bootee each week. Though it was always shocking when he was wrong (Christy instead of Heidi!?!?!?!).

With such a high degree of certainty each week, the show got stale for me, and I found my family enjoying each episode more than me. So I stopped.

One of the first things I do after each season is over is read the Spoilers forum to see how much they had to work with. I don't know much about the last several seasons, but at a glance, it looks like there are fewer "slam dunk" spoilers these days. This year actually looked like a fun year of spoiling, since so much was up in the air.

Pooky is the Mole.

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-17-08, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Anyone ever try going spoiler free?"
I've been spoiler-free since Guatemala, and I actually missed the three seasons after that because I had become bored with the show because of the spoilers.

Had I known there was no boot list or slam-dunk spoiler (like the gambler's winner that always seems to name the winner of TAR) I would have participated, as I like it based just on that. I always love the editing threads and such.

A kyngsladye klassic with an IceCat chaser

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-08, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Anyone ever try going spoiler free?"
I haven't visited the Spoiler thresd since Season 4 -- but I suspect that we have some posters who give 'predictions' -- somehow veiled -- that could be spoilerish in some way. Some of the games seem to be rather close to surprises, also.

Just my 50th of a dollars worth.

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-08, 05:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Anyone ever try going spoiler free?"
I think I've been here 4 years (it could be longer) and this season was the first one where I ventured over to spoilers. I did it mainly because Ra (who is a huge spoiler fan) wouldn't be able to be here himself and I wanted to see if there were things I should send him at the Center.

I never did spoilers because I like being surprised. But truthfully, there was no real earth shattering -spoil-the-surprise spoilers this time.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-08, 08:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Anyone ever try going spoiler free?"
My first trip into spoilers too. Like you, nothing really ruined any of it for me. So much speculation.

Santa is shakin! bobblin! Thanks Tribe!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •