The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Got a bug up my rear-anyone agree??"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-15-08, 08:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Got a bug up my rear-anyone agree??"
I have thought about this, after watching Crystal's boot and entrance to the Ponderosa.

I really don't like the idea of the jilted jurors all sitting at one place for how many days? 9 on down? And having multiple conversations with one another, talking about whom played whom, etc.

Does that seem fair to the people who are still left in the game and have to face these people later?? They didn't get that advantage when they were IN the game, why do they get that advantage once they are OUT of the game??

In MY mind, this sort of puts them in a position to decide ahead of time who they'd prefer to win the million BEFORE they even go to the final tribal council.

Anyone have any input on this? Or am I just out of the woods here??

In other words, I think they should all be sent to different quarters to last out another week or so alone, and only see each other during the T.C's and left to make their OWN decisions without ANY input from anyone else, who may know something that would sway them!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Got a bug up my rear-anyone agr... Snidget 12-15-08 1
   RE: Got a bug up my rear-anyone agr... mindy23 12-15-08 2
       RE: Got a bug up my rear-anyone agr... RonReports 12-15-08 4
 RE: Got a bug up my rear-anyone agr... realitycoholic 12-15-08 3
 RE: Got a bug up my rear-anyone agr... iltarion 12-16-08 5
   RE: Got a bug up my rear-anyone agr... mindy23 12-16-08 6
   RE: Got a bug up my rear-anyone agr... LFJ 12-16-08 8
 RE: Got a bug up my rear-anyone agr... suzzee 12-16-08 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-15-08, 09:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Got a bug up my rear-anyone agree??"
I think the rules vary between shows how much game talk the can have while waiting around for the finals.

I do think that putting everyone in solitary confinement for what for some would be a couple of weeks might not be a good idea. Even if you have some opportunity to talk to a counselor I think a fair number of people would be in much worse shape if they sat in a room by themselves for days on end between being voted off and the finale.

I think most of them will make crazy decisions whether or not they marinate their hate with others or stew in it by themselves.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

12-15-08, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Got a bug up my rear-anyone agree??"
Even though I may have implied solitary confinement, I really didn't mean that. That would be just cruel. It was my impression, before the whole Ponderosa thing came up, that the ousted jurors, went on somewhere else in the area, were put up in a hotel, with a family member, or friend, and had a chance to sight-see or whatever. That is until the finale.

I suppose that could be very expensive, so putting them all in one place is the best financial move for CBS to make.

Hopefully, there ARE rules about what they can discuss with whom. I would find it terribly unfair if someone coming in were to give up some strategies that had been going on that the others didn't know about that could sway their votes later. Just MHO.

RonReports 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-15-08, 07:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RonReports Click to send private message to RonReports Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Got a bug up my rear-anyone agree??"
>Even though I may have implied
>solitary confinement, I really didn't
>mean that. That would
>be just cruel. It was
>my impression, before the whole
>Ponderosa thing came up, that
>the ousted jurors, went on
>somewhere else in the area,
>were put up in a
>hotel, with a family member,
>or friend, and had a
>chance to sight-see or whatever.
>That is until the finale.

This would still be too much like prison. On the other hand, the Ponderosa should not be so luxurious that a contestant like Sugar, who recognized that she had no chance of winning because she alienated too many jurors before the final tribal council, would try not to be in the final three. The current situation is best. Allow the jurors to debate. They could still be swayed by what is said at the final tribal council.

realitycoholic 216 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-15-08, 06:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitycoholic Click to send private message to realitycoholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Got a bug up my rear-anyone agree??"
When did they show the entrance to 'Loser Lodge'? I'm assuming that's what you're terming 'Ponderosa'?

I think that they should have some restriction about talking about the game amongst the jurors prior to the final vote. I've always thought that it wasn't fair that the jurors get to tell the previously-voted-out jurors what went on after they left. I have no idea how they'd enforce it except through the use of mikes and camera coverage after leaving Survivor proper.

**Work of arzt by PhoenixMons**

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-16-08, 01:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Got a bug up my rear-anyone agree??"
I completely disagree. You want jurors making a 1 million dollar decision based on limited knowledge? They SHOULD at least have the opportunity to find out everything that was going on. If someone advanced by lying or deceiving someone, everyone should know about it. How is it unfair? Unfair to who? It is unfair to a contestant if they stabbed someone in the back and then that person went and told other jurors about it? How is that unfair? That is called paying the price for deception. If you can appease the jury with a good enough excuse for it, aka Todd or Parvati, then you can get away with it. If not, then you shouldn't do anything that is going to cause the jury to hate you in the first place.
Regardless, in this season it didn't seem to matter since practically everything came out at FTC anyway.

>

12-16-08, 09:14 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Got a bug up my rear-anyone agree??"
OK. Good discussion. Thanks everyone for weighing in your thoughts! Gives me much to munch on....

LFJ 363 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

12-16-08, 05:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LFJ Click to send private message to LFJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Got a bug up my rear-anyone agree??"
Intersting comments. I agree. They can't possibly sequester the "Jurors" any more than they can in real life. When they get together to discuss the outcome of a trial, they discuss the evidence. That's the job of a jury. They are supposed to come to a consensus. Otherwise, they should call them something else, like ex-suriviors with opinions.

suzzee 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

12-16-08, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Got a bug up my rear-anyone agree??"
I think a group home or free contact with each other makes for some interesting points of view. They can compare notes and maybe come to some legitimate consensus. They don't all see everything we do and they see a whole lot more then we do. Why not talk about who is doing what and how? Apparently this time they went with personal vendetta as a path. I think that it helps them put things in perspective, if at all possible. So on with communal living. I thought in one of the Ponderosa videos that at Corinne's ouster they got separate cabins to sleep in rather then a single house.

Here comes suzzee snowflake thanks Tribey

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •