The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Questions - Your Survivor strategy/preferences??"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-03-08, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Questions - Your Survivor strategy/preferences??"
LAST EDITED ON 11-03-08 AT 11:50 AM (EST)

1. Exile
I have read that Sugar has had an advantage by repeatedly going to Exile. Even if she hadn't found it the first time, the number of trips she has had almost guarantees she would find it (the exception would be if Dan had found it). This season Exile has meant extra food. Dan will have known this fact, and presumably have shared it with the rest of his tribe. They must figure that Sugar has been eating well. So she has the HII and lots of food, but has not been around camp to make relationships and has had to become really comfortable being alone (well, the camera crew is there).
Q - would you rather go to Exile and ejoy the rewards of that, as Sugar has, or stay in camp and not have exposure to the food and HII, but at least be part of the game?

2. Food Rationing
A lot has been said about how Fang were idiots for not rationing their rice. But what is the correct rationing for this game? Save food for later, when being underfed might hurt you in challenges that can win rewards to get more food? Save food for later when there might be a tribal switch and then the food you saved could go to someone else? Save food to get to the merge, or do they get new rations of rice at the merge?
Q - so what would be your strategy for rationing food?

3. Africa
This is the second time we have been to Africa. It is great because there is new breathtaking scenery and it is such a change from all those tropical beach seasons. But there isn't a lot of natural food to be had (no coconuts, no clams, so mussels, etc). The only exception seems to be the fishing, which only (really) applies to one tribe who won fishing gear.
Q - Do you prefer a season where the survivors have to hunt for food rather than ration food?

Answer these, or ask more questions.

edited to correct per jbug

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Questions - Your Survivor strat... jbug 11-03-08 1
   RE: Questions - Your Survivor strat... suzzee 11-03-08 2
 RE: Questions - Your Survivor strat... michel 11-05-08 3
 RE: Questions - Your Survivor strat... Aruba 11-05-08 4
   RE: Questions - Your Survivor strat... jbug 11-06-08 5
       RE: Questions - Your Survivor strat... michel 11-06-08 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-08, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Questions - Your Survivor strategy/preferences??"
Sugar (not Suzie ). Has anyone especially Sugar considered that there could be a 2nd HII in Exile? She keeps choosing comfort every time. Would you take the chance one time to read the clue to see if there might be another HII? If there was not, you'd have given up the food & comfort for that time, but?????
Also, would Dan have any way of knowing that the amount of food and comfort increased each time? I seem to remember it looked like there was one apple in the hut when he peeked inside?

Food - I like seasons where there are opportunities for them to find other food sources. Wonder if there are not any roots that they could find & eat? Any berries? fruit of any kind?
Seems I read where Ace mentioned something about some kind of fruit they had found that was not very tasty but at least was food, but some wouldn't eat it cause it didn't taste good.
If you were hungry enough, wouldn't you eat just about anything? (except balute of course )

Bug size bikini designed by Tribe

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

suzzee 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

11-03-08, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Questions - Your Survivor strategy/preferences??"
Has anyone especially Sugar considered that there could be a 2nd HII in Exile?

I know!! Every time she took the comfort I wondered that. Especially after the 2nd time around I was saying "duh" I wouldn't be surprised if there was. This season has had a ton of craziness so why not another HII. I hope someone else gets to go or at least have JP tell us if there was another out there.

Food: rationing makes the most sense, you already know what you have but I do like when they can do some foraging, makes it more interesting. Kota had the fishing equipment but what ever happened to Randy's makeshift hook, broken I suppose.

Agman camouflaged me for S17

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

11-05-08, 07:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Questions - Your Survivor strategy/preferences??"
>1. Exile

>Q - would you rather go
>to Exile and ejoy the
>rewards of that, as Sugar
>has, or stay in camp
>and not have exposure to
>the food and HII, but
>at least be part of
>the game?

The game is about creating bonds so I wouldn't want to go to Exile Island.

>2. Food Rationing
>Q - so what would be
>your strategy for rationing food?

The game is about creating bonds so I wouldn't be imposing any strategy regarding food rationing. Like Hatch said in A$$, that's not important. Actually, humans can loose their mind when deprived of food so interfering with that is asking for trouble.

>3. Africa

I like the location. I liked China, Guatemala, Vanuatu and The Amazon also. Places where the location can dictate themes of the story.

Aruba 1891 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-05-08, 08:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Questions - Your Survivor strategy/preferences??"
Good Questions

1) Ditto jbug's post...Dan only saw one single apple so I would not expect him to mention anything to the tribe that would be incriminating to Sugar. But my follow up question would be does anyone know ABSOUTELY, POSITIVELY if Sugar was forbidden to bring any fruit back to camp???
After it was common knowledge that Crystal snooped through her bag and found the HII, why not bring some fruit back to the camp. Can't think of a better way to bond with your starving tribemates than throwing them a few "bones" so to speak.
I can't wait until someone else goes to EI and sees the cornacopia of fruit in the shack and reports this information to the others. As Ricki Riccardo would say..."Suga; you have some 'splaining to do!"

2) My strategy for rationing food would be a balance of the two extremes. Three meals a day is moronic...but I see your point about being stingy with the food in light of the tribal switches and the merge that will most certainly occur.

3) Easy question for me to answer. Hunt for the food. Why?
Let me take a peek at the name of the show...YEP, still "Survivor"
Sadly the casting crew (and those who covet socialites and storylines) seem to forget this concept.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-08, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Questions - Your Survivor strategy/preferences??"
I too thought of Sugar bringing food back. When she threw the apple core out of the hut? I thought "dang girl! your mates would love to finish that off for you!"

But thinking back to the last season or so too, I seem to recall that those who won food reward trips didn't bring much back to their tribes either, did they?

But you gotta think too that if someone other than Sugar is sent to EI, there may not be a big spread of fruit; there may be only one apple again!

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-08, 06:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Questions - Your Survivor strategy/preferences??"
From what we've heard, players are not allowed to bring anything from Exile Island.

Remember in Fiji, Ravu had nothing but Sylvia, returning from the first EI, told the tribe she couldn't bring back water or the flint. Same with Earl who said it was better on EI since he had flint and could make fire. He'd have brought back the flint but it had to stay on EI.

The only good thing about EI is supposed to be finding the HII. They are supposed to suffer from being unable to bond with others. If they allowed players to bring back bags full of provisions, there wouldn't be anything bad about going to EI.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •