The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"a question:"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-12-08, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"a question:"
What would have happened if the juror votes were tied 4-4?
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: a question: Prof_ Wagstaff 05-12-08 1
 RE: a question: Snidget 05-12-08 2
   RE: a question: Spanky68 05-12-08 12
 RE: a question: Estee 05-12-08 3
 RE: a question: Max Headroom 05-12-08 4
   RE: a question: RonReports 05-12-08 19
 RE: a question: aquariaqueen 05-12-08 5
 RE: a question: Colonel Zoidberg 05-12-08 6
 Baby oil wrestling? IceCat 05-12-08 7
   RE: Baby oil wrestling? Estee 05-12-08 8
   RE: Baby oil wrestling? mindy23 05-12-08 9
 An even bigger question nailbone 05-12-08 10
   RE: An even bigger question Snidget 05-12-08 11
       RE: An even bigger question Spanky68 05-12-08 13
           RE: An even bigger question Snidget 05-12-08 15
           RE: An even bigger question Brownroach 05-12-08 16
       RE: An even bigger question Brownroach 05-12-08 14
       RE: An even bigger question Colonel Zoidberg 05-12-08 17
   RE: An even bigger question PepeLePew13 05-13-08 24
 From Webby's interview with Amanda Brownroach 05-12-08 18
   RE: From Webby's interview with Ama... CattyChat 05-12-08 20
       RE: From Webby's interview with Ama... XXL Survivor 05-13-08 23
   RE: From Webby's interview with Ama... mysticwolf 05-13-08 21
       RE: From Webby's interview with Ama... easilydistracted 05-13-08 22
   What was in the envelope? Chez 05-14-08 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Prof_ Wagstaff 4196 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-12-08, 10:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to send private message to Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: a question:"
"I'll take the purple rock for $1,000,000, Jeff."

14 Carrot Sig by Tribephyl

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-08, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: a question:"
I was hoping for a tie so we would find out.

Spanky68 8092 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-08, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spanky68 Click to send private message to Spanky68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: a question:"
Me too.

Agman resized my siggie

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-08, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: a question:"
Guessing, but probably a live tiebreaker challenge. Which wouldn't be fire-making, because no one wants to chance running into The Early Show.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-08, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: a question:"
Paschal would've arrived on stage for the official purple rock draw.

RonReports 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-12-08, 07:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RonReports Click to send private message to RonReports Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: a question:"
If there was an odd number of people on the jury, there certainly would have been a majority vote for a winner. Because of this, there should have been an odd number of people on the jury. If someone's being evacuated caused an even number of people on the jury, then the last person who was voted off before being included on the jury should have been included on the jury. This is a similar solution to bringing Chris back onto Project Runway after he was cut, when they learned that a designer was too sick to continue on that show.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-12-08, 11:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: a question:"
rock, paper, scissors....

“I love Jesus but I drink a little”. Gladys Hardy

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-12-08, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: a question:"
Logically? America breaks the tie.

Realistically? Jeff's head explodes, and whoever gets more of his brain in a Slurpee cup wins.

GO RED WINGS!

IceCat 17313 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-08, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Baby oil wrestling?"

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-08, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Baby oil wrestling?"
Takes too long to liquefy the babies.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-12-08, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Baby oil wrestling?"
I wondered that, too! Darn, wish we would've found out! I'd have love to seen Cirie make the deciding vote! HE HE...

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-08, 11:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "An even bigger question"
Why in the world would they even set up the number of people on the jury so that a tie is possible?!?!?

05-12-08, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: An even bigger question"
Possibly because the losing two people during the jury building episodes screwed up the time line and it was easier to add a challenge and go to a final two than spread one cycle out over two episodes?

Spanky68 8092 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-08, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Spanky68 Click to send private message to Spanky68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: An even bigger question"
I thought that, too. I guess since Penner went out for so long they didn't let him on the jury? Or was he out pre-merge?

Agman made this fancy sig for me

05-12-08, 01:37 PM (EST)
15. "RE: An even bigger question"
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-08 AT 01:38 PM (EST)

Penner, IIRC, was medivaced out pre-jury. Kathy went out before the jury as well.

James was pulled from the game after the jury was started, so I think that was the problem.

ETA: I suspect we would have had one or two double evictions pre-jury since they started with 20. That we had people go out for medical reasons they didn't have to do that.

Brownroach 14241 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-08, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: An even bigger question"
Jonathan was out pre-merge. The jury started when there were ten people left, which is in line with how it's worked ever since they adopted the Final 3. It's kind of strange they didn't go back to starting it with nine left if an F2 was always the intention.

I don't know why Probst couldn't explain how a tiebreaker would work. It just made it seem obvious that they already knew there wasn't a tie.

Bleauin' ze bleus eaué, coeurtesie oeuf agmanne

05-12-08, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: An even bigger question"
That might be the answer. Although they could have skipped Tribal Council in the episode where James left. But maybe they felt that point was so close to the end of the game that skipping a TC would cause a momentum loss.

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-12-08, 02:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: An even bigger question"
Maybe if James hadn't been evacuated, they would have done an F3. That's an interesting what-if, but the solution to their problem could have been dreamed up by a crazy lobster - and was.

If they wanted an F2, Cirie should have been an observer at TC, not a voter. She's a guaranteed vote for the immunity loser anyway, and though it would have meant a 4-3 win instead of 5-3, at least it comes down to the last vote rather than the second-to-last vote, when we knew they really weren't going to tie.

Another possibility was to make the challenge they used at F4 for reward instead of for immunity like they did in China. The F3 immuniuty would be for F4 immunity, Natalie might be able to weasel her way into F3, and then she would probably get barbecued along with Amanda's weak performance, which, still generates a Parvati win, but still, at least it's not insane.

GO RED WINGS!

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-08, 10:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: An even bigger question"
>Why in the world would
>they even set up the
>number of people on the
>jury so that a tie
>is possible?!?!?

That never stopped them from having the potential for a tie during the seasons where there were a F3. Oh sure, there would probably have been a tiebreaker using the third-place person, but still, it created a situation where ties were possible.

05-12-08, 05:34 PM (EST)
18. "From Webby's interview with Amanda"
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-08 AT 05:36 PM (EST)

Reality TV World: Did Survivor host Jeff Probst ever explain what would have happened if there'd been a 4-4 jury vote tie? If so, what was the answer?

Amanda: No, he didn't ever tell us. There was a white envelope. I don't know what was in it, but that was supposed to be the tie-breaker if there was one. But I have no idea. I know as much about it as you do.

Amanda also channels Erik -- "I just did a lot of things wrong..." (tee-hee)

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-amanda-kimmel-discusses-micronesia-losing-survivor-twice-7096.php

So, what could have been in the envelope?

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-12-08, 07:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: From Webby's interview with Amanda"
Hmm. I really would like to know how they would handle a tie, if there was one.

I liked that there was a F2, though, because it caught everyone by surprise. I think they should switch it up more often, so no one knows if it will be a F2 or a F3.

XXL Survivor 131 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-13-08, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail XXL%20Survivor Click to send private message to XXL%20Survivor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: From Webby's interview with Amanda"

>
> I
>think they should switch it
>up more often, so no
>one knows if it will
>be a F2 or a
>F3.
>
Most of the F3s have been effectively F2s anyway. Can anyone remember who ran against Yul and Ozzy? I think she (Becky?) got zero votes. Same was true the year Earl won it, though that one was almost like a F1.

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-08, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: From Webby's interview with Amanda"
As a guess, I think the envelope contained the number of people who had voted for the two of them in the public 'who should get a million' game. Essentially, placing the viewing public who cared enough to cast a vote on the jury.

Would be interesting to know which of the two would have won in that case - and by how many votes.

A smokeysmom
"In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught." - Baba Dioum

easilydistracted 45 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-13-08, 05:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail easilydistracted Click to send private message to easilydistracted Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: From Webby's interview with Amanda"
Amanda was one of the top 3 in the public vote along w/ Ozzy and James. With her jury performances, it's the only way she'd win a mil.

Chez 670 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-14-08, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "What was in the envelope?"
Here is a guess.

Maybe the contents of the envelope read:

Since there was a tie among the 8 jurors, we privately took a vote from the last person voted out before the jury (Ami), who cast the following vote:

"name"

Who has other ideas? Maybe we can come up with some good ideas that EPMB could potentially consider in the future.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •