The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Best Season In Ages!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-12-08, 01:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Best Season In Ages!"
Jeff said at reunion word was many fans are calling FvF best season since season 1. I wouldn't go that far but it was a great season with plenty of memorable moments and characters.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Best Season In Ages! garcor 05-12-08 1
   RE: Best Season In Ages! XXL Survivor 05-12-08 2
 RE: Best Season In Ages! nailbone 05-12-08 3
   RE: Best Season In Ages! Wacko Jacko 05-12-08 4
   RE: Best Season In Ages! Spanky68 05-13-08 20
 RE: Best Season In Ages! aquariaqueen 05-12-08 5
 RE: Best Season In Ages! mia rules18 05-12-08 6
 RE: Best Season In Ages! Colonel Zoidberg 05-12-08 7
   RE: Best Season In Ages! JessicaRN 05-12-08 8
 RE: Best Season In Ages! CattyChat 05-12-08 9
 RE: Best Season In Ages! Aruba 05-12-08 10
 RE: Best Season In Ages! mrc 05-12-08 11
   RE: Best Season In Ages! Wacko Jacko 05-12-08 12
       RE: Best Season In Ages! Brownroach 05-12-08 13
           RE: Best Season In Ages! mia rules18 05-12-08 14
       RE: Best Season In Ages! samboohoo 05-12-08 15
           RE: Best Season In Ages! CTgirl 05-12-08 17
       RE: Best Season In Ages! Aruba 05-12-08 18
 RE: Best Season In Ages! Max Headroom 05-12-08 16
 RE: Best Season In Ages! Ontheroadagain 05-12-08 19
 RE: Best Season In Ages! iltarion 05-13-08 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

garcor 432 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-12-08, 06:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail garcor Click to send private message to garcor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Best Season In Ages!"
I liked Cook Islands the best. To me, either Australia or this season were right behind it.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

XXL Survivor 131 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-12-08, 08:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail XXL%20Survivor Click to send private message to XXL%20Survivor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Best Season In Ages!"
I didn't find this season to be any more than average. I didn't find it so compelling to watch a couple of reasonably smart people take advantage and manipulate a few other really dumb people.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-08, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Best Season In Ages!"
I agree. I didn't see much of season 1, but I really loved season 2. This one comes in second to season 2 for me. And not so much for watching smart people manipulate dumb people, but for pure entertainment value. Seeing James reaction to the dumb people was worth the price of admission alone.

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

05-12-08, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Best Season In Ages!"
Yeah, I don't know where Jeff got that one. I thought this might have been one of the worst seasons....the worst being Vanuutu. After watching Vanuutu I was on the verge of writing the series off. The following season redeemed the show.

Spanky68 8092 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-08, 00:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Spanky68 Click to send private message to Spanky68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Best Season In Ages!"
I agree with my twin that this season was one of the best in a LONG time. Like Boner, I got hooked on Survivor in Season 2 and would put this one up there with Australia. The thing I liked about FvF was the blindsides and the surprises. Plus, it was very physical, for those peeps who liked blood with their reality TV.

Agman resized my siggie

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-12-08, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Best Season In Ages!"
I rank this in the top 3, that's for sure...

“I love Jesus but I drink a little”. Gladys Hardy

mia rules18 409 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-08, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mia%20rules18 Click to send private message to mia%20rules18 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Best Season In Ages!"
It was one of the best for me...it started off a little shaky, but I enjoyed the fans vs. favorites concept, and definately some memorable moments!

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-12-08, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Best Season In Ages!"
In terms of entertainment, it had its moments. It's no Cook Islands, but it was pretty good. I'd say that this, along with Pearl Islands and Guatemala, are perhaps the four best seasons.

GO RED WINGS!

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-12-08, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Best Season In Ages!"
I really liked it. It started kind of slow, but they always do. I think it helped to already know some of the people, because there is always those first few weeks when you don't know anyone, don't really care about anyone and can't even remember them all. This was the first time when my mouth would drop at TC.

I do think that Gabon could be cool, just to watch the scenery in HD.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-12-08, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Best Season In Ages!"
I really enjoyed this season a lot, but Survivor is my favo reality show and I wear rose-colored glasses when it comes to Survivor.

I'd rank this way up among my faves: Cook Islands, China, Outback, Borneo, Panama.

For me, the only terrible seasons were: Fiji & Thailand

There were some meh seasons; but, for me, even bad Survivor is worth watching once and the great seasons are worth buying the DVDs and watching a few times.

I'll watch until the very last episode, which I hope is waaay into the future

Aruba 1891 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-12-08, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Best Season In Ages!"
Jeff wants to continue to be gamefully employed as the host for Survivor...I would expect him to say nothing less.

Two-thirds into this season Skank-ivor: Micronesia was dead last on my season ranking list. Although it did finish up much better than it started so I would still keep Thailand and Pearl Islands on the bottom, but Skank-ivor: Micronesia is pretty far down there on my list.

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-08, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Best Season In Ages!"
It would be helpful to have a list of the seasons, with the winners and notable features and contestants listed, to help us have some perspective.

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

05-12-08, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Best Season In Ages!"
I liked the fans vs favorites concept. I just don't like the way it played out. The more interesting favorites got eliminated first. As for the favorites they took out the strong first and left the weak. Then it was the whole women are smarter than men thing. Really just because it all played out that way this season doesn't mean in real life one sex is smarter than the other, but the theme here was women are smarter. "Erik did you learn a life lesson here?" I honestly think these women (Parev, Nat, Cirie) truly believe women are smarter than men. From that standpoint I rank this season just about Vanuutu which was the stinker of all seasons.

Brownroach 14241 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-08, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Best Season In Ages!"
I like the concept, too -- it was better than AllStars.

The more interesting favorites got eliminated first.

I think probably there is no way to avoid that when you bring people back. Interestingly, the winners here and in All Stars were people who were not perceived to have much game the first time around and were able to use that perception to their advantage (Jeff even compared Parvati to Amber before the show).

Bleauin' ze bleus eaué, coeurtesie oeuf agmanne

mia rules18 409 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-08, 01:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mia%20rules18 Click to send private message to mia%20rules18 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Best Season In Ages!"
I think if they ever do another all stars/prior contestants, they should do a "Good guys" vs. "Bad guys theme"
They did a similar show with Real World/Road Rules challenge, it was cute.

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-08, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Best Season In Ages!"
I too liked the concept. I would like to see something similar with more of a "masters" theme. Fans who are true students/masters as opposed to fans who are worshipping the favorites vs. very strategic past players.

Tribe is pushing up my daisies!

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-08, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Best Season In Ages!"
I liked the idea and I liked this season (it was my favorite since Cook Islands) but I did imagine that it would be a fans tribe made up of people like Todd and not a tribe made up of people like Kathy and Erik!

Setup by Tribe

Aruba 1891 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-08, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Best Season In Ages!"

>I honestly think these women (Parev, Nat,
>Cirie) truly believe women are smarter than men.

In defense of Cirie I believe she more or less confirmed that she really doesn't think that when she appropriately admitted what the women pulled on Jason and Erik would have never worked on Penner. I'm sure she would have said the same about Yauman too.

Natalie is a sick woman in need of some serious therapy so who cares what she thinks. If she ever walked into a psychologist's office she should have a cash register strapped to her back...she (and her many "layers") would be a goldmine for any therapist.

And Pervati should have a mattress strapped to her back as she probably could care less about the head that holds the brain.

What this season reinforced is what most already know...that women are smarter than boys.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-08, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Best Season In Ages!"
This season wasn't close to my favorite season. But I've been burnt out on Survivor for a while now.

Ontheroadagain 923 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-12-08, 09:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ontheroadagain Click to send private message to Ontheroadagain Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Best Season In Ages!"
Must say I agree that FvF was one of the better seasons. I'd rank it in the top 5 along with Borneo, Pearl Islands, Guatamala and the Outback.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-08, 03:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Best Season In Ages!"
It was a top 5 season until the Finale. If Amanda wins it might even be Top 3 for me, along with Cook and Outback, but having Parvati win is kind of like Darth Vader shooting down Luke at the end of the first Star Wars. It just ruins it for me.

>

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •