The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor - Fans vs. Has-Beens Love/Hate List - Week #12"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 1891 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-02-08, 09:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor - Fans vs. Has-Beens Love/Hate List - Week #12"
Too bad James Medi-Vac put a real damper on what was a really good Tribal Council. I was SOOOO waiting for the question of "Most Annoying" to come up at the RC, especially in front of their loved ones. That would have been awesome. So why wasn't the question asked? Par for the course this season.

1) JAMES (3,5,4,5,3,4,8,11,11,14) - As I did with Jonathan, I'm paying homage to this true "Survivor" in a literal sense after his unfortunate departure and ranking him #1 this week. A couple episodes ago you asked "Isn't this Survivor"? The answer to your appropriate question: Not this season. It's just as well you're not around to watch the "social butterflies" flutter around for the final week.

2) AMANDA (2,6,8,8,10,11,7,10,16,16) - This episode belonged to Amanda. Everything was great until you opened your mouth at the end and stated you didn't lie about not finding it on the island. But if the "rough current" prevented her from reading the clues, how did she find the HII??? Sorry Amanda...You're a liar. When moron Erik tells you he's voting for you, it's a no-brainer to play the idol. Heck, even arrogant Ozzy and idiot Jason would have played the HII if everyone tells them they are definitely going to be voted out at TC. But it doesn't take away from her great gameplay volunteering to be sent to EI. Sadly the rousing ovation your fan club on the jury gave you put a target the size of Jupiter on your back.

3) CIRIE (1,1,5,7,11,12,14,14,4,12) - I still don't like her personally, but I give her credit for her honesty about James medi-vac when the other phoney-balonies tried to show a "personal" side. Parvati's tears made me almost throw-up in my mouth. Unless Erik runs the table (which I don't think he will) and Amanda in the Finals is universally feared (rightfully so) Cirie can coast to the F3. Last night my sister and her five kids told me if Cirie wins this season, they'll stop watching. Looks like there may be at least six less viewers after this season. I'm so happy that swimming with stingless jellyfish cured her fear of leaves...and this could be the "Ultimate Survivor"??? Yep...a possible perfect ending to a spectacular season.

4) ERIK (5,3,3,1,4,8,6,6,1,3) - I think it was Lex that started this nonsense of telling the targeted player you are voting for them at TC. The difference is Lex controlled the vote in Africa. Erik can't even control his own groupie emotions for Jeff nevermind the vote. Still love his competitive spirit. His only hope is to pull a Tom Westman and win out. Unfortunately Erik is 20 years and three-quarters of a brain away from coming anywhere close to the best Survivor of all-time.

5) PARVATI (6,4,9,10,9,13,12,13,16,18) - I think she blew a golden opportunity. Despite all the discussion about a disgruntled jury, I still think she wins sitting next to Alexis and Natalie in the F3. I don't think she wins sitting next to Cirie. In hindsight she may regret not taking out Cirie this episode. DARN, I was hoping to forever refer to this horrible season as "Skank-ivor: Micronesia".

6) NATALIE (7,8,7,9,8,9,9,8,8,9) - Oh brother...the previews show our third-string benchwarmer got put back into the game to mop up for her team and is talking smack again. Simply put...You Suck! On a sidenote...a question for the females. Why would a woman spend good money on a boob job and do nothing to improve her face??? I guess I have always been an "all or nothing" type of guy. You go for the whole package or else don't even bother. But that's just me.

BOOTED) ALEXIS (4,7,6,6,7,5,4,1,2,5) - My biggest player disappointment in this disappointing season. After the first few episodes I had high hopes for her. But she tured into a quintessential UTR coattail-riding waste of space; although her performance in the Survivor rugby game early on provided one of my few bright moments in this season. BTW...please lose the Pocohontas look.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor - Fans vs. Has-Beens L... cycles2k 05-02-08 1
 RE: Survivor - Fans vs. Has-Beens L... garcor 05-02-08 2
 RE: Survivor - Fans vs. Has-Beens L... iltarion 05-03-08 3
   RE: Survivor - Fans vs. Has-Beens L... Aruba 05-03-08 4
       RE: Survivor - Fans vs. Has-Beens L... vince3 05-03-08 5
       RE: Survivor - Fans vs. Has-Beens L... iltarion 05-04-08 9
           RE: Survivor - Fans vs. Has-Beens L... ohmyheck 05-04-08 10
               RE: Survivor - Fans vs. Has-Beens L... iltarion 05-04-08 11
                   RE: Survivor - Fans vs. Has-Beens L... ohmyheck 05-05-08 12
 RE: Survivor - Fans vs. Has-Beens L... CTgirl 05-03-08 6
 RE: Survivor - Fans vs. Has-Beens L... michel 05-03-08 7
 RE: Survivor - Fans vs. Has-Beens L... bostonrobfan 05-04-08 8
 RE: Survivor - Fans vs. Has-Beens L... dabo 05-05-08 13
   RE: Survivor - Fans vs. Has-Beens L... michel 05-06-08 14
       RE: Survivor - Fans vs. Has-Beens L... iltarion 05-06-08 15
           RE: Survivor - Fans vs. Has-Beens L... krismiss2us 05-06-08 16
           RE: Survivor - Fans vs. Has-Beens L... dabo 05-06-08 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-02-08, 11:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor - Fans vs. Has-Beens Love/Hate List - Week #12"
LAST EDITED ON 05-02-08 AT 11:34 PM (EST)

Great episode.

1) James (1,2): - You have to admire his dignity. He took the medi-vac with grace and answered Jiffy's questions politely. James is what they mean when they say "stand up guy".

2) Amanda (2,4): - This was Amanda's episode. I felt that the jury made a mistake choosing Todd over Amanda in her original season. I was disappointed with her play this season - until now. Great acting Amanda

3) Parvati (5,6): - Here by default.

4) Cirie (4,3): - Got the "fraidy cat" edit this episode. I am not impressed with Cirie. She wanted Amanda gone and used the purple rock thing as an excuse. It backfired.

5) Erik (3,5): - Amanda made him look bad in front of the jury. He deserved it.

6) Natalie (7,8): - the goat. Why does she hate men so?

Booted) Alexis (6,7): - UTR and forgettable.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

garcor 432 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-02-08, 11:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail garcor Click to send private message to garcor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor - Fans vs. Has-Beens Love/Hate List - Week #12"
LAST EDITED ON 05-03-08 AT 00:01 AM (EST)

Amanda - Who else? She used the threat of being voted out along with finding the II to: (1) keep herself in the game while removing a final TC rival; (2) try to rebuild the faves alliance with herself in the center, and (3) lay the groundwork for final TC with the jury by making subtle and not so subtle criticisms of three of her possible final four rivals. She certainly is the biggest target, apparently already was in the eyes of the other players, and could be gone this time next week (especially if she lapses back into a passive style of play.) But for one week she was a great strategic player.

Cirie - Looked like a rough week for her. Appeared to throw in with Alexis and Natalie and as a consequence was left out of Amanda and Parvati's plans. I think Parvati will likely stick with Amanda, but I could see Cirie voting with Natalie and Eric against Amanda and taking her chances explaining to the jury that as she couldn't beat Amanda at final TC she had no choice but to remove her. Still in good shape as appears to be nobody's target. Still can't figure out why she isn't.

Eric - Could see him winning next immunity challenge. Not likely to win the final four immunity challenge if it's a balance challenge. Not sure who is likely to go next as I can't predict exactly how new alliances will look. Don't see him winning at final TC if he makes it.

Parvati - Appears completely tied to Amanda now, even though it will be next to impossible for Parvati to beat Amanda at final TC.

Natalie - Loss of strategy partner leaves her where exactly? An easy vote off next time unless Cirie tries to take out Amanda.

Gone:

James - A shame. Provided the best one-liners of the season, again. His father made me laugh with his "We're going to talk about that girl." comment after Alexis knocked James out of the reward challenge.

Alexis - Appeared the smarter of the Alexis/Natalie duo but did not do enough to make much of an impression. With a few notable exceptions: Tracy, Joel, Jason, all the interest has been on the faves side.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-08, 04:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor - Fans vs. Has-Beens Love/Hate List - Week #12"
This last episode was a season saver. I predicted a woman would go before Erik, and I predicted Alexis would be the first woman to go. Am I patting myself on the back? Maybe. I also argued that the purple rock horse manure was no longer a tie-breaker, when according to Cirie, it is. So, I guess tit-for-tat. Anyway, this is the first time in Survivor history that the HII was used to deflect the vote to another. And I have not been that excited about a TC since Candice was voted out of Cook Islands. Props to Amanda!

1. Amanda - Obviously. Her "Game On" comments from last episode were prophetic afterall as she successfully pulled one of the greatest moves in Survivor history. And her actually playing the HII was the least of it. Her manipulations of Erik, Cirie and Parvati were even better. Unlike China, where she conquered all but the jury, she improved her game and already has the jury in her hand. Does that make her the #1 target? It should. But Parvati and Cirie are in a very difficult place to get rid of her. Even if she is gone next episode, her play will be remembered as long as Survivor is.
2. Parvati - Did Parvati realize she needs Amanda's vote? Or did we actually see a conscience awaken in this otherwise notorious schemer? I think it is probably both. I think it is possible Parvati does not want to be remembered as the Rob Mariano of this All-Stars, the one who stabbed all their friends in the back. I believe she salvaged her game with her renewed loyalty to Amanda and can now win under two conditions- make the Finals without Amanda without being personally responsible for Amanda's downfall, or make the finals with Amanda and crush her at FTC like Todd did. Good luck with either of those, but hey, that is still a chance!
3. Erik - He moves to 3rd after his IC win and his classy reaction to winning, when his opponents were the opposite of class. He is only 2 ICs away from the Finals and could actually win if the Finals does not include Amanda or Parvati.
4. Cirie - She drops down after once again kinda falling by the wayside. I think our editing analysts would agree that Cirie is getting the "follow her experience" type edit this season. There is a negative to being too behind the scenes even when influencing and engineering votes. Just ask Amanda and Becky about that. I don't think she can win a vote against Parvati or Amanda now. Frankly, I don't see how she wins a vote at all unless Parvati betrays Amanda again. That is one advantage to the F3: no UTR player has won since the Finals went to it.
5. Batalie - With Alexis being gone, Batalie could wear out her welcome very quickly. Even if she doesn't, she is our inevitable 3rd place finisher. She has been UTR as well, with the same problems that brings as mentioned above. MAYBE she would have a shot if she is the only fan in the F3 and the faves split votes. Maybe. Even then she would probably need Jason's vote. Good luck with that.

two for the road-

James - A true warrior who once again helped carry a season with his blunt humor. Felled by an infected finger? Who would have guessed it?
Alexis - Tried Tina's game plan for success: the likable coattail rider. That only works if you pick the right coat tail. Colby- check. Lex - check. Rob M - check. Batalie??? wrong answer... Might have had better luck booting Amanda off Ozzy's coattails.

>

Aruba 1891 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-08, 06:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Survivor - Fans vs. Has-Beens Love/Hate List - Week #12"

>Anyway, this is the first time in Survivor
>history that the HII was used to deflect the vote to another.

Point of clarification: Gary played the first HII ever and deflected the vote to Bobby Jon (who was now able to realize his "lifelong dream" of being on the Jury)...Whatever!

Although this was more of an indirect manner...at the F4 on Exile Island (the only TC where Terry did not have the immunity necklace) he used the knowledge of possessing the HII to deflect the vote to a 2-2 tie that Cirie lost in a tie-breaker.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-03-08, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Survivor - Fans vs. Has-Beens Love/Hate List - Week #12"
*Yau Man wonders what he did to get ignored......*

05-04-08, 06:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Survivor - Fans vs. Has-Beens Love/Hate List - Week #12"
I could have specified, but I was referring to this being the first time that everyone voted, the idol was played, and the person with the 2nd most votes went home.
Gary played his idol before the vote, per the rules back then, and then everyone merely shifted their votes to the next biggest threat- BJ.
Terry, Yul and Yau all used their idols to avoid being voted out at crucial times. I would never say the idol wasn't "used" by them. However, the Amanda-idol-Alexis-ouch scenario was a first of its kind.

>

ohmyheck 1919 desperate attention whore postings

05-04-08, 07:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ohmyheck Click to send private message to ohmyheck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Survivor - Fans vs. Has-Beens Love/Hate List - Week #12"
Actually, Yau-man was the first to do this. Stacy was voted out with only 2 votes.

05-04-08, 11:47 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Survivor - Fans vs. Has-Beens Love/Hate List - Week #12"
Seriously? I don't remember that at all. I guess I've done well in forgetting Fiji altogether.

>

ohmyheck 1919 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-08, 00:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ohmyheck Click to send private message to ohmyheck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Survivor - Fans vs. Has-Beens Love/Hate List - Week #12"
I really wish I could say the same.

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-08, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Survivor - Fans vs. Has-Beens Love/Hate List - Week #12"
1. Amanda – One of the best segments from IC to tribal in Survivor evah! I loved the way she seemed to not be playing that hard earlier in the season and then orchestrated the idol playing to bounce Alexis out with such finesse and acting skills. She rocked it talking right to the jury explaining everything that went down before Tribal.

2. Parvati – She was the go-to person for Amanda and she gets best supporting actress at Tribal for her “sorry that you’re going act” to Amanda. She’s still in the thick of things as she was given credit for picking Alexis to get booted.

3. Cirie – Her story could be wrapping up. She was afraid of leaves in the beginning and now she’s swum with the jellyfish and enjoyed it. Even though she is still in tight with Amanda and Parv, she was edited to be out of the loop. Her influence is waning.

4. Erik – That boy is a freak! “That’s Jeff Probst…” It’s what, Day 33?, and you’re still star struck?! (Now that Ozzy’s gone he has to have someone to worship). Nice shooting at IC.

5. Natalie – That girl is weird and not in a fun way like Courtney last season. She wanted to kill the chicken (and then on the CBS web site we saw she couldn’t do it.) She’s worthless.

Medevac: I loved seeing James with his dad. That apple didn’t fall far from the tree! He is one of my favorite survivors of all time; not for his gameplay but for his personality, his asides and witticisms and for leaving both games with class. I’d cook dinner for him and his dad (after I bought my hamburger in bulk from Costco!)

Booted: LMAO at her expression when she realized she was the one going. I liked her initially, but she got up on her high horse a little too much for me at the end.

Setup by Tribe

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-08, 07:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Survivor - Fans vs. Has-Beens Love/Hate List - Week #12"

1 - Amanda (4,4,5,11,7,8,7,7,5,7,5): "About that Jeff..." I loved her episode. Amazing, especially since it appeared that going to exile was all planned out beforehand.

2 - Parvati (3,2,2,2,3,3,1,1,1,1,1): She's still the one thinking of the end game.

3 - Cirie (12,1,4,10,5,6,4,2,2): There are bigger threats than jelly fish.

4 - Natalie (16,12,11,12,12,9,8,8,8,3,4): She could have gone to Exile Island since her ally had the final word. She played for a little love rather than the million.

5 - Erik (18,16,15,15,14,11,10,9,8,7): Amanda assassinated his character at Tribal.

Medivaced: James (8,8,8,8,8,4,3,3,4,4,3): One of his first scenes in China had him saying: "I'll have to make them love me." I really loved the Gentle Giant's wit and personality.

Eliminated: Alexis (6,5,3,4,4,3,2,6,3,6,6): Her storyline was dismissed after the merge and then nothing was left. Disappointing.

bostonrobfan 490 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-04-08, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bostonrobfan Click to send private message to bostonrobfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Survivor - Fans vs. Has-Beens Love/Hate List - Week #12"
1. James
2. Amanda
3. Parvati
4. Erik
5. Cirie
6. Natalie

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

05-05-08, 01:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Survivor - Fans vs. Has-Beens Love/Hate List - Week #12"
LAST EDITED ON 05-05-08 AT 02:18 AM (EST)

1. Cirie (+1). Continued her game of playing the players off one another and positioned herself for the F5, played into Amanda's weak negative campaign strategy without revealing her trump cards.

2. Amanda (+2). Star of the episode, put on some good entertainment, made some good moves on the razor's edge but potentially shot herself in the foot at Tribal claiming the high ground.

3. Erik (+2). He's actually landed in a good spot as other players have turned to thinking about knocking out jury threats and don't consider him one, not letting Amanda guilt trip him shows he has some potential (which we haven't seen any of since he threw Ami under the bus).

4. Natalie (-1). Continued to go gonzo, not quite as amusing as last time but it still made for gonzo TV, takes a knock for losing her wingman.

5. Parvati (+1). The carrier is still taking on dive bombers.

Good-bye James. He knew his strengths, he knew his weaknesses, he knew it was a game.

Good-bye Alexis. You know, it's rare to see a football team run the same play three times in a row, now we know why.

Good-bye chicken.

SMILES ARE FREE

Oh, by the way, it's medevac. Med. Evac. A Vac is a sucky thing.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-08, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Survivor - Fans vs. Has-Beens Love/Hate List - Week #12"
"A Vac is a sucky thing"

James being removed was a sucky thing, no?

05-06-08, 04:28 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Survivor - Fans vs. Has-Beens Love/Hate List - Week #12"
A Vacation is a great thing. I don't know what you two are talking about.
MediVac -as in a MEDIcal eVACuation, or medical vacation, same thing, sort of
OR MedEvac - as in MEDical EVACuation, whatever...

"Does it really matter, Eddie?"

>

krismiss2us 768 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-06-08, 06:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail krismiss2us Click to send private message to krismiss2us Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Survivor - Fans vs. Has-Beens Love/Hate List - Week #12"
It only matters when figuring out the price of tea in China.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

05-06-08, 09:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Survivor - Fans vs. Has-Beens Love/Hate List - Week #12"
vacuum assisted closure

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •