The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Which Racer is purchasing a million-dollar house in Hollywood?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

goDAWful 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-15-06, 00:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail goDAWful Click to send private message to goDAWful Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Which Racer is purchasing a million-dollar house in Hollywood?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-16-06 AT 00:18 AM (EST)

Why, Tyler is!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Which Racer is purchasing a mil... Earl Colby Pottinger 11-15-06 1
 RE: Which Racer is purchasing a mil... davwav02 11-15-06 2
   RE: Which Racer is purchasing a mil... goDAWful 11-16-06 3
       RE: Which Racer is purchasing a mil... Snidget 11-16-06 4
           RE: Which Racer is purchasing a mil... goDAWful 11-16-06 8
 RE: Which Racer is purchasing a mil... corrsfan 11-16-06 5
   RE: Which Racer is purchasing a mil... goDAWful 11-16-06 9
 RE: Which Racer is purchasing a mil... Max Headroom 11-16-06 6
   RE: Which Racer is purchasing a mil... Snidget 11-16-06 7
       RE: Which Racer is purchasing a mil... goDAWful 11-16-06 10
           RE: Which Racer is purchasing a mil... architecturegirl 11-16-06 11
               RE: Which Racer is purchasing a mil... flipxcyd 11-16-06 12
                   RE: Which Racer is purchasing a mil... Snidget 11-16-06 14
               RE: Which Racer is purchasing a mil... Breezy 11-16-06 13
                   RE: Which Racer is purchasing a mil... Earl Colby Pottinger 11-16-06 15
                       RE: Which Racer is purchasing a mil... Earl Colby Pottinger 11-17-06 16
 RE: Which Racer is purchasing a mil... Estee 11-17-06 17
   RE: Which Racer is purchasing a mil... goDAWful 12-11-06 18
       RE: Which Racer is purchasing a mil... KwietOne 12-11-06 19
           RE: Which Racer is purchasing a mil... Loree 12-11-06 20
           RE: Which Racer is purchasing a mil... goDAWful 12-11-06 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Earl Colby Pottinger 1803 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-15-06, 05:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Which Racer is purchasing a million-dollar house in Hollywood?"
URL? Reference?
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

davwav02 401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-15-06, 08:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail davwav02 Click to send private message to davwav02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Which Racer is purchasing a million-dollar house in Hollywood?"
First off, I agree that we'll need to see some proof before I'll give this any credence. A URL to a news article would be nice. I personally prefer to see it in at least two seperate places before I'll consider it.

Second part, if you're gonna post a spoiler such as this, (I'm assuming you're trying to indicate that these guys win the race), it's actually pretty common, and just plain polite, to block out the first few lines of your post so that what you're posting doesn't show up on the main page, as some people don't necessarily want to know this information.

Judging by your DAW count, I'm guessing you're still learning these things, but I'm sure that many members of this forum would appreciate it if you were to edit and block out (if i remember correctly) the first 150 characters before you make your post.

11-16-06, 00:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail goDAWful Click to send private message to goDAWful Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Which Racer is purchasing a million-dollar house in Hollywood?"
First off, I agree that we'll need to see some proof before I'll give this any credence. A URL to a news article would be nice. I personally prefer to see it in at least two seperate places before I'll consider it.

It's direct from the Hollywood gossip grapevine. There isn't a URL.

Second part, if you're gonna post a spoiler such as this... it's actually pretty common, and just plain polite, to block out the first few lines of your post so that what you're posting doesn't show up on the main page, as some people don't necessarily want to know this information.

That's why I posted it in the "Spoilers and Speculation" Forum. Naturally I apologize for my miscalculation that people wouldn't come in here if they didn't want spoilers or speculation. ;)

(I'm assuming you're trying to indicate that these guys win the race)

No, I was just passing along a piece of information I was given that I thought might be of interest to Race speculators. Make of it what you will.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-16-06, 06:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Which Racer is purchasing a million-dollar house in Hollywood?"
How are you connected to the Hollywood Gossip Grapevine?

I mean this is the internet you could be sitting in Topeka Kansas dreaming things up.

11-16-06, 12:21 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Which Racer is purchasing a million-dollar house in Hollywood?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-16-06 AT 12:22 PM (EST)

I mean this is the internet you could be sitting in Topeka Kansas dreaming things up.

I could be, but I ain't!

corrsfan 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-16-06, 07:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail corrsfan Click to send private message to corrsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Which Racer is purchasing a million-dollar house in Hollywood?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-16-06 AT 07:49 AM (EST)

OK, so, are you telling me James doesn't get the share of money at all?

Are you telling me America now has changed its policy? No taxes deducted from the million dollar?

LOL, I dont believe this at all.

Of course James/Tyler might win, but this spoiler does not make sense.

11-16-06, 12:47 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Which Racer is purchasing a million-dollar house in Hollywood?"
So many questions, so little time!

OK, so, are you telling me James doesn't get the share of money at all?

That's a bit of an extensive extrapolation, from my simple statement that Tyler is buying a house in Hollywood. No, I'm not telling you that at all. I'm simply telling you that Tyler is buying a house in Hollywood.

Are you telling me America now has changed its policy? No taxes deducted from the million dollar?

How are you figuring that I'm telling you all this stuff??

That said, had you considered the concept that -- if he won -- Tyler's share of the prize money would constitute a more than adequate down payment on a house in Hollywood? Even famous people off the TV have to get mortgages, you know.

LOL, I dont believe this at all.

:shrug: I have no reason to lie to anybody about this. I'm just passing along a piece of information I received first-hand, that I thought would be of interest to Race fans around here.

Of course James/Tyler might win, but this spoiler does not make sense.

Of course, James/Tyler might not win, and Tyler might just be a rich kid already. He certainly comes across as a rich kid already, don't you think? Or perhaps he got a big modelling deal after all the publicity from the Race. Who knows?

Whether or not he wins is pure speculation and you are, of course, perfectly free to speculate that I am lying about this information in the first place, or to speculate about what the information may or may not mean if you decide to believe it.

Tyler doesn't necessarily need to win the Amazing Race to buy a decent pad in Hollywood. All I'm saying is that a Person Close To The Case (as they say in Washington D.C.) told me that he is buying a house in Hollywood. Take it or leave it.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-06, 08:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Which Racer is purchasing a million-dollar house in Hollywood?"
Could this be referring to TAR9 winner Tyler Macniven of BJ and Tyler instead of TAR10 contestant Tyler Denk of Tyler and James??

11-16-06, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Which Racer is purchasing a million-dollar house in Hollywood?"
OMH That makes a lot more sense.

I would suspect there is a you don't actually get the big prize money until the show airs clause.

You might get the weekly stipend amount that everyone gets when the show ends to cover bills and stuff from when you were gone, but they probably want to keep peeps from displaying sudden wealth until after the show is broadcast.

It's a tribe creation!

11-16-06, 01:06 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Which Racer is purchasing a million-dollar house in Hollywood?"
No, it's this Tyler.

Like I said in a post above, the fact that he's buying a million-dollar pad in Hollywood doesn't necessarily mean he won the Amazing Race, or that he suddenly has a huge chunk of cold hard cash in his pocket to spend, or any of that stuff.

He is already a successful model, with international representation from IMG Models (one of the top agencies), and has appeared in CSI: Miami. He is obviously making a very good living already.

As I keep saying, the fact that he is buying a house in Hollywood doesn't indicate that he won the Race. It's just a simple fact that I learned the other day, that I thought people here might be interested to know. Judging by some of the responses, though, apparently it's much more likely that I am, in fact, a delusional person in Topeka who makes up stories on the internet just to mess with the heads of a handful of people on a reality TV forum.

Oh well, I've been wrongly suspected of worse, in my time. ;)

architecturegirl 227 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-16-06, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail architecturegirl Click to send private message to architecturegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Which Racer is purchasing a million-dollar house in Hollywood?"
Thanks for the info.

In addition to not getting the money until after the finale, I'm pretty sure that constestants (at least the winners) are requested not to make big purchases or go on spending sprees that they normally would not have been able to for just this reason - it gets noticed.

So, I would assume that he must be able to afford it without any winnings - he certainly couldnt have gotten a mortgage with money he doesnt have yet (and isnt allowed to tell people if he does win it), he'd have to be approved without that money factoring in.

So, it likely doesnt indicate that they won - but thanks for sharing, sorry you got jumped all over for it.

flipxcyd 1053 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-16-06, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flipxcyd Click to send private message to flipxcyd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Which Racer is purchasing a million-dollar house in Hollywood?"
Don't you hate that? You gotta make sure you mind your p's and q's, just so you don't get jumped all over from everyone else.

It would have helped to say it was Tyler from Season 10 in the first place, and to mention that you don't have a link or "proof". But hey, too late now, huh?

Huh, so I suppose that previous poster judges a person by how many posts they posts? (unreal)...

FWIW DAW, thanks for the tidbit of information.

Save the cheerleader - Save the world
An arkiegrl sig

11-16-06, 03:46 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Which Racer is purchasing a million-dollar house in Hollywood?"
From now on I will believe everything posted here without question.

Imaginary friends by Bob!

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-06, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Which Racer is purchasing a million-dollar house in Hollywood?"
FWIW I don't see where he got jumped all over?

He posted a "spoiler" in spoilers with no proof and really nothing added to his few words. Ofcourse people are going to question that.

As far as leaving a few lines, yes this is the spoilers forum. But some peeps that don't like to know spoilers come in here to post in the vote thread or participate in the east coast thread. As it used to say up at the top of the pages, "Play nice".

11-16-06, 11:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Which Racer is purchasing a million-dollar house in Hollywood?"
This is the spoiler forum. I expect new posts here to be spoilers about the race.

But it turns out the poster can not supply any backup to their claim, and what little follow-up they have supplied means this is not a spoiler at all.

This reads more like the models exposure on TAR has gotten them new present/future contracts and the money from that is buying the new house.

As such, this looks like it belongs in the Fanatics forum, or at-least admit this is a just a grape-vine message from someone who we don't even know and may not be as closely tapped into the real grapevine as claimed. Strong claims need some proof, or the author better be prepared to have doubts raised about their statements.

11-17-06, 00:03 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Which Racer is purchasing a million-dollar house in Hollywood?"
LAST EDITED ON 11-17-06 AT 00:08 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 11-17-06 AT 00:06 AM (EST)

Oops, I just noticed a mistake on my part. This is not "The Amazing Race Spoiler Forum" but rather "The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum".

The original poster was right to post in this forum! My Bad!

To 'goDAWful' I am sorry I made that mistake, you were right to post here.

You however still should expect doubts to be raised if you can't point to a separate source of the same info.

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-06, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Which Racer is purchasing a million-dollar house in Hollywood?"
Which house in Hollywood costs only $1,000,000? Given the general real estate prices in the area, that's basically three glued-up cardboard boxes and a large dog dish for the swimming pool.

12-11-06, 00:39 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Which Racer is purchasing a million-dollar house in Hollywood?"
It's a decent pad -- it's no 5-bed palace in the Hills or anything like that, it's just a comfortable, stylish pad in a decent neighbourhood. I've got photos, but I'm not sharing, because everyone here is such meanies.

KwietOne 1083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-11-06, 00:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KwietOne Click to send private message to KwietOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Which Racer is purchasing a million-dollar house in Hollywood?"
WAAAA...

A tribephyl siggie
Are you on the list?

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-06, 08:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Which Racer is purchasing a million-dollar house in Hollywood?"
On TES Tyler said he wanted to use his winnings to just buy an apartment. James was putting his in the bank.

12-11-06, 05:08 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Which Racer is purchasing a million-dollar house in Hollywood?"
LAST EDITED ON 12-11-06 AT 05:09 PM (EST)

Oh come now, isn't this how properly to play the game of "I have a trivial piece of information that is more fun to play with than it is to actually know it?" :grin: From what I can tell, people love a tease as much as they love the actual spoilers on these boards!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •