The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Editing issues (with spoiler)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

louislam 454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-25-06, 12:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail louislam Click to send private message to louislam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Editing issues (with spoiler)"
This is my first post in the spoiler forum, I know that there is a thread about editing below, but I make a new post here because I think that thread should be spoiler-free, correct me if I am wrong, thanks!

What I want to say is, after watching 6 episodes and now there are only 6 teams left, I kept thinking about the Paris sightings. According to that spoiler we know that T/J, L/K and R/K will make it to the final 3, but I just wonder if this is really the case considering their edit now.

T/J is a possible final 3 team and they do get a fair edit. But it is clearly that R/K and L/K do not get a good edit until now, in fact they are the two most bad-editted teams. If they are the final 3 teams, why the producers make them look bad? That would definitely ruin the finale.

On the other hand, we keep seeing E/G being nice to other teams, and D/K being very competitive and mention lots of time aiming to be the first FF team to win, it is weird if none of them can make it to the top 3. So would it be possible if the teams in Paris are decoys? This would better fit the edit and personally I hope this is the outcome.

I don't know the source of the Paris sightings, but I am skeptical to that spoiler because it's strange that the person who took the photos could take shots of all 3 teams, as the Eiffel Tower is very large and I think it's very difficult to aimlessly find a person there. I know I could get the answer when we see who's the next eliminated team, let's hope the paris teams are 4th, 5th and 6th.

There are two issues that I want to highlight:

1. With the new rule in effect, NEL and elimination leg would occur alternatively, because the twist would be useless if there are back-to-back NEL, and there are only 3 eliminations left. That means the next leg is NEL.

2. In press, it is mentioned that the race will visit 13 countries. Including US 6 countries are covered already, so there are still 7 left. As far as I know, possible locations include Mauritius, Madagascar, Finland, Morocco, Spain and France, what is the one missed?

Sorry for poor English
The Amazing Race Fan from Hong Kong!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Editing issues (with spoiler) Earl Colby Pottinger 10-26-06 1
 RE: Editing issues (with spoiler) dabo 10-26-06 2
 RE: Editing issues (with spoiler) flipxcyd 10-27-06 3
   RE: Editing issues (with spoiler) corrsfan 10-28-06 4
       RE: Editing issues (with spoiler) Snidget 10-28-06 5
           RE: Editing issues (with spoiler) TAR_RELOADED 10-29-06 6
       RE: Editing issues (with spoiler) flipxcyd 10-29-06 7
           RE: Editing issues (with spoiler) corrsfan 10-29-06 8
   RE: Editing issues (with spoiler) tvgeek401 11-11-06 12
 RE: Editing issues (with spoiler) flipxcyd 10-30-06 9
 RE: Editing issues (with spoiler) shirleyf 10-30-06 10
 RE: Editing issues (with spoiler) louislam 11-10-06 11
 RE: Editing issues (with spoiler) Jenna_F 11-12-06 13
   RE: Editing issues (with spoiler) KwietOne 11-12-06 14
       RE: Editing issues (with spoiler) TAR_RELOADED 11-13-06 15
           RE: Editing issues (with spoiler) Ontheroadagain 11-13-06 16
               RE: Editing issues (with spoiler) flipxcyd 11-14-06 17
                   RE: Editing issues (with spoiler) TAR_RELOADED 11-17-06 18
                       RE: Editing issues (with spoiler) louislam 11-18-06 19
                           RE: Editing issues (with spoiler) TAR_RELOADED 11-18-06 20
                               RE: Editing issues (with spoiler) Earl Colby Pottinger 11-18-06 21
                                   RE: Editing issues (with spoiler) louislam 11-19-06 22
                                       RE: Editing issues (with spoiler) flipxcyd 11-19-06 23
                                           RE: Editing issues (with spoiler) TAR_RELOADED 11-20-06 24
                                               RE: Editing issues (with spoiler) flipxcyd 11-20-06 25
                                                   RE: Editing issues (with spoiler) TAR_RELOADED 11-23-06 26
                                                       RE: Editing issues (with spoiler) TAR_RELOADED 12-04-06 27
                                                           RE: Editing issues (with spoiler) TAR_RELOADED 12-04-06 28

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Earl Colby Pottinger 1803 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-26-06, 01:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Editing issues (with spoiler)"
Don't forget TAR also sends out decoy teams at times.

For people who lose early, the chance to just run around a new city for a day or two is a nice break to just lying in the sun, sipping drinks all day

I am sure that they get paid something to doing it, and face it, if someone offered you a chance to run around Paris for a day for free, would you turn them down?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-26-06, 02:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Editing issues (with spoiler)"
Welcome aboard, Louis from Hong Kong. Can you provide a link to the Paris spoiler please! It helps to be able to review these things (and I'm notoriously lazy).

L/K making the final three really just boggles my mind, especially since they now seem to have disrailed themselves by going to war with D/K.

flipxcyd 1053 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

10-27-06, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flipxcyd Click to send private message to flipxcyd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Editing issues (with spoiler)"
I too, saw that Paris spoiler. It shows Tyler/James at a clue box at the Eiffel Tower with Lyn/Karlyn and Rob/Kimberly somewhere at the base of the tower.

I have a sneaking suspicion about this Paris spoiler. Is this in fact decoys to throw all of us spoilers/speculators off? I mean, it's so obvious to do a leg in Paris. If you noticed that most of the cities in this season were not visited before (I think India might have been done before). Paris is just so obvious. I think it's just to throw everyone off here.

Could the top 3 possibly be Dustin/Kandace, Erwin/Godwin, & David/Mary?

Could the sightings of Lyn/Karlyn and Rob/Kimberly in NYC just be a decoy?

These so-called sightings in Paris could well have been photographed by CBS themselves....do I smell a conspiracy going on here?

Save the cheerleader - Save the world
An arkiegrl siggie

corrsfan 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

10-28-06, 07:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail corrsfan Click to send private message to corrsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Editing issues (with spoiler)"
LAST EDITED ON 10-28-06 AT 09:28 AM (EST)

I'm 100% sure they're NOT decoys.

Look at Lyn's shirt here (pic on the next post. Thanks Snidget!!)
it's mary's/david's yellow shirt "Friends in Low Places"

Why would mary/david give up their shirt for an eliminated team (if Lyn/Karlyn really were decoys)?

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-28-06, 07:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Editing issues (with spoiler)"
Um that picture is so huge it makes reading the thread nearly impossible.

Here it is resized and a close up of the shirt

TAR_RELOADED 42 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

10-29-06, 00:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TAR_RELOADED Click to send private message to TAR_RELOADED Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Editing issues (with spoiler)"
This spoiler is baffling to me as well. Earl's theory that this could be a decoy may be right. One thing we can not see in the blown up photo of the Moms is the TAR pouch they usually carry for money, passports, etc. Could it be they are just walking around Paris sightseeing after already being philiminated??
I have not seen the other spoiler where it shows R/K, L/K, & T/J near a cluebox. Does the spoiler show any of them with a TAR pouch in clear view???

Keep up the good work!

tar reloaded

10-29-06, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flipxcyd Click to send private message to flipxcyd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Editing issues (with spoiler)"
Maybe David/Mary gave it to them as a gift? We'll find out on tonight's episode I suppose, although I think it's a non-elim episode.

My mind is swirling about this right now. Could Tyler/James be one of the top 3? Why wasn't (or there isn't an obvious spoiler picture anywhere) a picture taken of Lyn/Karlyn or Rob/Kimberly at the clue box?

It just doesn't make sense.

An arkiegrl siggie

corrsfan 5 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-06, 10:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail corrsfan Click to send private message to corrsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Editing issues (with spoiler)"
>Maybe David/Mary gave it to them
>as a gift? We'll
>find out on tonight's episode
>I suppose, although I think
>it's a non-elim episode.
>
>My mind is swirling about this
>right now. Could Tyler/James
>be one of the top
>3? Why wasn't (or
>there isn't an obvious spoiler
>picture anywhere) a picture taken
>of Lyn/Karlyn or Rob/Kimberly at
>the clue box?
>
>It just doesn't make sense.
>
>
>Save the cheerleader
>- Save the world

>An arkiegrl siggie
>

Lol David/Mary got saved again.

Nah why would Mary give up her shirt as a gift if they're still in the race and Lyn/Karlyn got eliminated.

tvgeek401 1615 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

11-11-06, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tvgeek401 Click to send private message to tvgeek401 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Editing issues (with spoiler)"
Teams did visit Paris in the second and third episodes of Season 1.

If the Lyns win this season, I'll be incredibly angry.

--gotta love Tribe and his awesome siggies!

10-30-06, 00:52 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Editing issues (with spoiler)"
Hey Louislam...the other country missing is the Ukraine...or Belarus.

An arkiegrl siggie

shirleyf 3 desperate attention whore postings

10-30-06, 00:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shirleyf Click to send private message to shirleyf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Editing issues (with spoiler)"
I am not sure if you saw my post (I saw them personally in NY!), but I am sure they will be in NYC, as stated from the other editing discussion.

11-10-06, 10:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail louislam Click to send private message to louislam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Editing issues (with spoiler)"
So now David/Mary are eliminated, does this mean we can rule out Dusitn/Kandice and Erwin/Godwin?

I hope there is one more team in Paris that we haven't seen, so that explains the good editing to D/K and E/G.

Jenna_F 310 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-12-06, 02:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jenna_F Click to send private message to Jenna_F Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Editing issues (with spoiler)"
3 People being sighted somewhere doesn't automatically make a final 3 does it, couldn't they have been an hour plane trip ahead of or behind the other 2 teams?

Signature given to me by tribephyl in an attempt to make me less boring.

KwietOne 1083 desperate attention whore postings

11-12-06, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KwietOne Click to send private message to KwietOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Editing issues (with spoiler)"
Just speculating here...could the Superleg involve Paris, THEN head to Finland? Could D/K & E/G be ahead in front of T/J with R/K and L/K running behind?

I just find it very odd that we get these obvious Paris sightings with tourists everywhere with cameras.

11-13-06, 06:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TAR_RELOADED Click to send private message to TAR_RELOADED Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Editing issues (with spoiler)"
LAST EDITED ON 11-13-06 AT 06:40 PM (EST)

Ok Speculators, where are we now? Based on the AOL preview for EP.10 that came out on Saturday we could see all 5 teams still in it. Since we just came off a non-elim in Ep.8 chances were good for a Super Leg. In Ep,9 Phil mentioned an option to go to Helsinki via Paris which no team used. Question is, how does the spoiler fit here? Was this a decoy or we will see a pass thru Paris at a later date? AOL's preview of EP.10 shows teams in tanks which will be in the Ukraine and a probable philimination.

Nov.19 press releases state that teams will be racing thru Morocco. With 4 teams left could we see another non-elim in Spain??

shirleyf's post showed sightings of E/G an D/K in NYC yet we have other spoilers saying R/K, T/J, and L/K in final 3. The next philiminated team will tell us a lot about recent spoilers in Paris. What will happen next??

Dazed and confused in Spoil City...

tar_reloaded

Ontheroadagain 923 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-13-06, 10:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ontheroadagain Click to send private message to Ontheroadagain Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Editing issues (with spoiler)"
I admit the Paris spoiler is confusing. But there is a possiblity that hasn't been mention (I don't think):
Team have to do something in Paris at the Eiffel Tower on their way from the Ukraine to Moracco. That would allow at least 4 teams to be there. If the Superleg is also a NEL, then perhaps all five remaining teams could be in Paris. I know its unlikely, since TAR almost always does one country per episode.

11-14-06, 02:56 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Editing issues (with spoiler)"
We did see that spoiler video of possibly R/K & D/K doing that kayak leg in Mauritius, yet it wasn't aired. Could the Paris sightings been staged to look like it happened, but really didn't? But then again, we'll just have to see what happens from Finland to Ukraine, or if they have to travel through Paris to get to the Ukraine. I did read somewhere where a ferry was taken from Helsinki to Talinin, Estonia, so I would assume driving or a train would be involved from Estonia to the Ukraine?

Speculators? Anyone?

Survive or Perish
An arkiegrl sig

11-17-06, 11:42 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Editing issues (with spoiler)"
Wow, the AOL preview for Nov. 26 that Banzai put out does not look good for the Cho Bros. You distinctly her Dustin tell Kandace that they are in the Final 4. The preview shows the Models, R/K, and L/K as well . The Chos are neither seen nor heard. L/K are speaking at a pitstop so the Cho Bros fans can only hope this is after an elim and preview is just trying to throw us off but I must say it doesn't look good.

shirleyf's spoiler from NYC may now appear to be a decoy .
reaction???

tar_reloaded

11-18-06, 07:26 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Editing issues (with spoiler)"
L/K are surely in the final four, they are shown doing tasks in the preview. That sucks!

My only hope for the Paris sighting is that either they go to France first (i.e. all 4 teams are there) after Morocco or D/K really are ahead of the other teams in Paris.

11-18-06, 02:09 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Editing issues (with spoiler)"
Louis and fellow Speculators,

Here is an interesting Blog from Chip A, winner of TAR4, regarding the final 3:

11/17/06 5:38 pm
Need to nip this line of questioning in the bud...hope you all understand...see reasons below...

Q: "Can you tell me who the final three are for TAR10."

A: Uhhhh....no! How would I know?I am just a past contestant and am as excited as you are to see who will be in the top 3 and who might win. ALSO: CBS is very careful about not releasing any information about possible winners; if the winners, or other contestants,leak any information at all they risk being sued and not winning a penny because we all sign a very cumbersome legal document. And even if I did know some inside stuff, I would never divulge it, that would ruin watching the show!

And for those who think they may have seen 3 teams racing together so they must be the final 3...the creators of the show often have teams 4 and 5 continue racing as a decoy!

The main testament to how much we all love the show is that all contestants "hold their tongue" out of loyalty to the show and producers (and legal contracts to back that up...LOL).

We are all like family and have no reason to divulge who wins until everyone else in the world knows who wins together when CBS airs the final episode!

tar_reloaded

Earl Colby Pottinger 1803 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-18-06, 11:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Editing issues (with spoiler)"
>> The creators of the show often have teams 4 and 5 continue racing as a decoy!

Wow, as a decoy method that is great! I guess the ones who are just decoys get paid extra, but that would make it fun for them to see the final stops without having the race putting it pressure at the same time.

11-19-06, 11:40 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Editing issues (with spoiler)"
Oh, I can only hope what Chip said also applies in this season.

I have a strange thought, what if Barcelona is not a full leg? Maybe Leg 12 covers both Barcelona and Paris, so that makes the final leg cover only US cities. I think this arrangement is more consistent with previous seasons that there will be a full leg in the US.

11-19-06, 02:51 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Editing issues (with spoiler)"
After viewing the preview for the Morocco episode, the Cho brothers are not seen.

Theory #1: The Cho brothers and the BQ's are the decoys.
Theory #2: R/K and L/K are the decoys.
Theory #3: T/J are probably the first at the clue box at the Eiffel Tower and either the Cho brothers and/or the BQ's are (really in this race) either ahead/behind T/J. Either Theory #1 or Theory #2 are true that they are in a "staged" race to throw off all of us spoilers/speculators.

Just thinking...

(dang it)

Theory #4: The Cho brothers and L/K are the decoys.

Ah....my head hurts.

11-20-06, 04:37 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Editing issues (with spoiler)"
Well fellow Speculators we have now seen the philimination of the Chos. 3 items that stuck out to me were in the AOL previews:
1) Nov.19 Aol Preview: You hear commentator say Which team will be washed out next?? - a moment later,you see Godwin drenched in water inside tank.
2)A little more subtle,from Nov.19 AOL preview, but when L/K make a run for it after waiting several times for Cho Bros to get directions.
3)Nov.26 AOl preview pretty much gave it away when the Cho Bros. were not seen or heard.

So this takes us back to the Paris spoiler. Only L/K, R/K, And T/J are seen. In the Nov.26 preview we hear the Models say " good luck Blondes" as they are either stranded or lost.
Also we know a yield is coming up, will the blondes get yielded?
Are they in trouble this week or will we see a non-elim??
Reactions?

tar_reloaded

11-20-06, 08:13 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Editing issues (with spoiler)"
Guess all my theories are WRONG WRONG WRONG! LOL! So, that sighting of D/K and E/G in NYC is a decoy for sure then.

GAH...I now want D/K to win, but it looks like that spoiler will be coming true via the Yield, or it could be another non-elim episode.

Well, my Sundays just got a little bit freer.

Save the cheerleader - Save the world An arkiegrl sig

11-23-06, 12:29 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Editing issues (with spoiler)"
The Dec.3 headline is out and reads
‘Dude, I'm Such a Hot Giant Chick Right Now!’

Date: Sun., Dec. 03, 2006
Time: 8:00PM

This line would probably come from Kimberly or Rob? or could it be from the Models meaning both teams could probably be in for the finale.

With Dec.10 as date of the finale, we have 3 Sundays left. Could we have another non-elim coming up this week and then the 4th team eliminated on Dec.3??

That Paris spoiler can not look for the BQs. When the Cho bros. and BQs were spotted in NYC was a 3rd team spotted near by??

Thoughts anyone??

tar_reloaded

12-04-06, 00:50 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Editing issues (with spoiler)"
Well Speculators, we have are final 3 an unfortunately for the Cho and BQ fans the spoiler in NY was just that! Shirleyf's spoiler was a good one but only for the decoy teams. AS always whoever makes the least amount of mistakes will win. It's been a fun season and we shall see who will be the lucky winner. With the speculations on TAR 11 flying rampant we can only hope for another exciting finish and another TAR to follow.

Tar forever!

tar_reloaded

12-04-06, 07:04 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Editing issues (with spoiler)"
Read this from Wikipedia earlier today.
" Due to the rather obvious nature of the crossing of the finish line, in later seasons several "decoy runs" have been done where teams from the final four are filmed crossing individual finish lines, to deter people from learning the identity of the winning team. "

Someone had speculated from the previews that Kim and Rob had the biggest smiles running to the finish line. Interesting to see if they have same clothes when they cross the finish line as they do in previews.

tar_reloaded

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •