The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Celebrity TAR"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

LVGladiator 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-30-06, 01:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LVGladiator Click to send private message to LVGladiator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Celebrity TAR"
I heard Neil Patrick Harris say he's pitching the idea to Mark Burnett. How cool would that be? I hope they do it.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Celebrity TAR hinghamwx 07-30-06 1
 RE: Celebrity TAR BOYmeetsREALITY 07-30-06 2
   RE: Celebrity TAR hinghamwx 07-30-06 3
 RE: Celebrity TAR Estee 07-31-06 4
 RE: Celebrity TAR railfan 07-31-06 5
   RE: Celebrity TAR LVGladiator 08-01-06 6
 RE: Celebrity TAR mikey 08-01-06 7
   RE: Celebrity TAR flyswat 08-03-06 8
 RE: Celebrity TAR dragonflies 08-04-06 9
   RE: Celebrity TAR packrat 08-17-06 10
       RE: Celebrity TAR ineedchocolate 08-19-06 11
           RE: Celebrity TAR Earl Colby Pottinger 08-19-06 12
               RE: Celebrity TAR - Jon Weiss on Ta... TAR_RELOADED 09-18-06 15
 RE: Celebrity TAR flipxcyd 09-08-06 13
 RE: Celebrity TAR josie17 09-10-06 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

hinghamwx 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-30-06, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hinghamwx Click to send private message to hinghamwx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Celebrity TAR"
That would be great! I bet the teams would love it...a once in a life time race...twice!

Michael
http://www.hinghamweather.com

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

BOYmeetsREALITY 308 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

07-30-06, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BOYmeetsREALITY Click to send private message to BOYmeetsREALITY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Celebrity TAR"
Hmmmm.....My two cents......

I hate these gimmmicks ruining a perfectly good show.

Who even knows what "Celebrity" means? Neil Patrick Harris certainly wouldn;t be high on my list! HAHA!

If it means "celebrities" race in teams, then I say NO!

If it means, a "celebrity" joins an Amazing Race Team of "civilians" then maybe it would be fun to watch!

There's too great a chance that with celebs only it will turn into a "Surreal Life Goes on Vacation" and that is better left on MTv and not at the expense of my fave network reality show!!!

hinghamwx 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-30-06, 11:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hinghamwx Click to send private message to hinghamwx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Celebrity TAR"
Maybe I misunderstood, I thought it was like All stars...I much rather have something like that rather than random famous people, I agree.

Michael
http://www.hinghamweather.com

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-31-06, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Celebrity TAR"
My main problem would be the Romber factor: people giving the celebrity teams a ton of assistance because they recognized them from the medium of your choice. The only way to avoid that is using real Z-listers -- which removes the 'celebrity' status.

(Oh, and there's the whole shark thing.)

railfan 450 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-31-06, 06:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail railfan Click to send private message to railfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Celebrity TAR"
>I heard Neil Patrick Harris say
>he's pitching the idea to
>Mark Burnett.

He might have better luck pitching it to BVM than to EPMB, but then we could hope not.

LVGladiator 12 desperate attention whore postings

08-01-06, 01:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LVGladiator Click to send private message to LVGladiator Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Celebrity TAR"
If they could get a bunch of CBS people it would be great. IMO. But I love the show the way it is too (except the family edition. yawn)

mikey 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-01-06, 03:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Celebrity TAR"
Hard to imagine real celebrities flying coach, or sleeping on the ground until something opens up. Imagine the People Magazine photog who happens on a celeb during a race appearing to be homeless, lying in the streets.

Or if you are a tourist and Neil Patrick Harris has been stripped of his money and possessions comes up to you -- brother could you spare a dime? The tourist would say hey -- what happened to all your doogie money?

flyswat 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-03-06, 05:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flyswat Click to send private message to flyswat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Celebrity TAR"
Hmm... interesting idea. However, I don't think a celebrity version would be as good as the original concept.

Part of the charm of the show is seeing the teams who have never been abroad: watching them struggle with culture shock, airports, travel snafus -- plus the excitement of average Americans getting to experience places they would never go to otherwise.

I also think that most celebrities are concerned about their image and their comfort, so that there will be a limit to how much stress the producers can put them under, and how much they can show on TV.

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-04-06, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Celebrity TAR"
I don't think I would watch it. Well, ok, I prolly would, but wouldn't enjoy it.

Ok, prolly would, but I don't want them to do it.

Go Pack!

packrat 112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-17-06, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail packrat Click to send private message to packrat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Celebrity TAR"
Like railfan said, they don't need to talk to Mark Burnett about TAR, he has nothing to do with it. They'd need to talk to Bruckheimer, among others.

ineedchocolate 12 desperate attention whore postings

08-19-06, 07:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ineedchocolate Click to send private message to ineedchocolate Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Celebrity TAR"
We just got Celebrity Survivor in Australia. Among the contestants are:

One dancer from Dancing with the Stars
One actor who was on Days of Our Lives years ago and came back because he never got another job
One actor from Home and Away who hasnt acted since
One ex politician
One ex motorbike rider
One bridesmaid to the Danish royal wedding

And I dont know who any of the others are.

If that it the level of celebrity - trust me - you dont want Celebrity TAR! I vote All Star any day as long as Rob and Amber arent on it!

Earl Colby Pottinger 1803 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

08-19-06, 09:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Celebrity TAR"
Much as I dislike Rob, he is still a good player. Bring in people like Colin to compete against him, and it will still be a great program. There is only one couple I never want to see again J&V.

A mix of any of the players who made it to the top 4 but did not win are fine with me, and even a few of the others - Gus & Hera for example, or Charla added to the mix would be fine with me.

TAR_RELOADED 42 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-18-06, 07:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TAR_RELOADED Click to send private message to TAR_RELOADED Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Celebrity TAR - Jon Weiss on Tar 11??????????"
Did anyone else hear Jon Weiss say
he is in training for TAR11????
I was watching the Finish line and at the end it sounded like he would be on Tar Allstars.

Going to listen to that one again. Bertram said the odds were 50/50 of an Allstar Race..
Stay tuned.......

Tar_reloaded

flipxcyd 1053 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-08-06, 08:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flipxcyd Click to send private message to flipxcyd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Celebrity TAR"
Or just have the public vote ala Big Brother All-Stars, except let the public completely vote who they want instead of letting the network choose who they want.

Or just have all the first teams philiminated and the runners up each season for a second chance.

Or...eh, well, there could be alot of ways to do it.

An arkiegrl siggie

josie17 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-10-06, 00:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail josie17 Click to send private message to josie17 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Celebrity TAR"
I think it would be great. TAR is a great show anyway. I think they would get great ratings. I would definately be watching. Especially if Will from BB7 was on it

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •