The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Editing different this season"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

donracefan 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

05-10-06, 11:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail donracefan Click to send private message to donracefan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Editing different this season"
I know that some are going to read this as "I told you so." However, when I keep saying "I said this, I said that" it's not to follow up with "turns out I was right" but rather to contrast it with those who had different interpretations of the editing now that we know who's in the finals and it can be proven which editing interpretation was truly right. I have been saying all along that CBS is editing differently this season as they are trying to save this show. TARFE was a dismal failure and the ratings for this season did not recover, even after changing mid-season to a more friendly time slot. Bruckheimer is a huge influence at CBS with all the CSI's and TAR and wants to see his award-winning show continue. This show is suffering fatigue being in its 9th season and that would be true even if it weren't coming off TARFE. CBS not only needs suspense and drama but they need us to really viscerally like the winner. They need to give the audience that "ride off into the sunset" type of happy ending. For that reason, I have been saying that no team with a consistently negative edit was going to make it and that MoJo was headed for 4th because of it. However, others said that provided drama and they saw MoJo making the finals. Some even argued that last week's previews showing them having trouble with the pots was a tell-tale sign that they were not going to be Philiminated. However, I reminded them that they were still basing their take of the editing before it changed this year. We saw that MoJo indeed is gone. Also, back before Dave and Lori left, before the Hippie NEL survivathon, I said that the Hippies would make the finals. At that point, they had finished top 2 every time and had a very nice edit. Others said that no team has had such a rosy edit and made the finals. It was too good of an edit and that something would trip them up. Some said that no team has ever survived 2 NEL's - much less made it to the finals after that. Many said that the whole Frats/Hippies domination was a deception and that one would for sure be eliminated prior to the finals so if not the Hippies, then the Frats. However, I said that I thought that storyline of 2 totally opposite type of teams (Frats - East Coast, playboy wannabees, athletic types; Hippies - West Coast, laid back, a little geeky) making the finals was compelling. The Hips had a bad stretch but they apparently were overcomers. They have softened the Frats edit over the last 2 episodes making them more palatable, even likeable to some. I think this bodes well for them. We are now exactly where CBS wants to be. People are interested and suspense is there and all three teams have likeable traits. This may be a one time change in the editing or the formula may prove lasting. That we will have to see.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Editing different this season dragonflies 05-11-06 1
 RE: Editing different this season Earl Colby Pottinger 05-11-06 2
   RE: Editing different this season TAR_RELOADED 05-11-06 5
 A Thought Devious Weasel 05-11-06 3
   RE: A Thought indy42 05-11-06 4
       RE: A Thought JuniorTheorist 05-11-06 6
       RE: A Thought esquire 05-12-06 8
 RE: Editing different this season Estee 05-12-06 7
   Now that the season is over donracefan 05-19-06 9
 RE: Editing different this season mikey 05-19-06 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-11-06, 08:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Editing different this season"
Agree completely.

I still think this points to R/Y winning, that the other 2 teams will be battling each other, and just like we saw them do before, R/Y fly under the radar and slide into 1st place.

Although I *want* either boy team to win.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Earl Colby Pottinger 1803 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-11-06, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Editing different this season"
I still want the frats to lose.

What I am interested in, (there were no hints in the previews) do the hippies find out it was the frats who cancelled the cabs?

If they do, like with MoJo will they take thier mind off the race to concentrate on a team? Last night's clearly would not have the hippies in first place if not for the fast forward. They just don't seem to have the drive they had in the beginning.

The Frat boys still seeem to have all thier drive, but on the otherhand they make so many mistakes you never know when they will do good or not.

Is it editting or are R.a.Y not making as many mistakes? Thier timing is tighter at the very least.

TAR_RELOADED 42 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-11-06, 08:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TAR_RELOADED Click to send private message to TAR_RELOADED Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Editing different this season"
Earl, I'm with you on the Frats, With all their coniving and scheming I do not want to see them win. I saw on the Insider videos or outakes if you will on the the website, that the Frats offered plastic bags to the Hippies at the airport after they told them they had cancelled their taxis. Tyler is overheard as saying " you can cancel our taxis anytime". He also said they much have spent a fortune on them and were laughing about it. I think they were official Qantas bags.

I do believe now any team could win this race and it will come down to who makes the least mistakes. It was interesting that the Frats stated on the promo for next week that they and RAYO keep to themselves but the Hippies like to follow everyone else.

I noticed that too as far as RAYO. Their editing on the 7-8 legs was not good and it seemed doubtful they would survive past leg 5. But Ray made the comment that they would pick off one team at a time and have come through. But now they are up against the 2 most consistent teams from the beginning of the race.

Since the final 3 teams are now decided the next leg has to be a super leg as there are no more FFs or non-elims, I believe. It should be a great finale!!

tar_reloaded

Devious Weasel 18756 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-06, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Devious%20Weasel Click to send private message to Devious%20Weasel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "A Thought"
I haven’t ventured over here very often, and certainly haven’t read many of these TAR edit threads – personally, I think it is a mistake to try to read TAR editing the way you can read Survivor editing. Editing is far more important to Survivor because how a person wins is not always apparent. We need the editing factor to show us that. How a team wins TAR is always apparent. We don’t need editing to show us.

However, I read this and feel compelled to comment on the following, and sorry if this has been addressed by someone previously:

Others said that no team has had such a rosy edit and made the finals.

I’d say that a team with a highly positive edit has made the finals in almost every season. Further, I wouldn’t even say the hippies have had the best edit in the history of the show. Here’s how I would break it down.

Season Eight – Bransens
Season Seven – Uchenna & Joyce (third best edit in the history of the show)
Season Six – Kris and Jon (who may have gotten the best edit of anyone in the history of the show)
Season Five – Chip and Kim (second best edit in the history of the show)
Season Four – No one
Season Three – Ken and Gerard
Season Two – No one
Season One – Rob and Brennan

That’s only two season where there was no team with a highly positive edit that made the finals. (And I could almost be persuaded that Chris and Alex got a highly positive edit in Season Two, which would leave only Season Four with no real likeable team in the finals.)

indy42 135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-11-06, 06:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail indy42 Click to send private message to indy42 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: A Thought"
I have to disagree with Devious Weasel.

Season Eight: Bransens had a good edit, but the Linz had the best and they won.
Seven: Uchenna and Joyce (won)
Six: Kris and Jon
Five: Chip and Kim
Four: Yeah, I agree with you.
Three: Ken and Gerard
Two: No one.
One- I felt Frank and Margarita was more likeable (towards the end, anyways)

JuniorTheorist 77 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-11-06, 09:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JuniorTheorist Click to send private message to JuniorTheorist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: A Thought"
If nothing else, the edit this season has given us:

Bad Frat Boys! Cancelling cabs.

Bad Hippies! F*ing s*it up.

Good Ray & Yolanda: you're learning to live together. And a million will help that. Immensely.

esquire 1089 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-12-06, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail esquire Click to send private message to esquire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: A Thought"
I would say Blake and Paige got a positive edit in season 2.

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-06, 08:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Editing different this season"
What this episode had was the most blatant case of Survivor-editing I can remember on the Race.

Joseph & Monica: 'We're not going to race with them.'
Phil: 'You're right, because you're in last place. Go home.'

donracefan 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

05-19-06, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail donracefan Click to send private message to donracefan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Now that the season is over"
Hey gang. Donracefan here. I started this post and wanted to put a wrap up on it since the season is now finished. As I had predicted, I thought that the edit was pointing to a Hippies victory. This was because I thought CBS really needed to have the audience be as happy with the ending as possible because the franchise is showing fatigue and TARFE but a drag on ratings coming into this season. Therefore, they edited to make us like the hippies knowing we would then be happy with the outcome as they ride off into the sunset. It was a bit see-through at times which is what led others to think it couldn't be them and be that obvious. That belief on the part of others was rooted in past seasons which CBS had the luxury of editing differently. However, ratings are everything in TV and they have to have audience satisfaction to help with next season if they wanted it back. Since Bruckheimer is a major VIP with CBS, they were gonna bring it back which they announced early on. So that left CBS with no options. Since they couldn't cancel, they had to get ratings up. They knew that following TARFE, this season would be tough. However, they could make this season one with a great storyline and happy ending and help out next season. I don't think you could get much of a better storyline than a team that loses everything twice, yet comes from behind to win. And all while keeping great attitudes (that we saw) and even helping RaYo with money in the second leg of the Finals. I didn't mind knowing ahead of time that the hippies were gonna win for the reasons I have laid out above because CBS made them so likeable that I wanted to see it happen anyway. Besides, no one knew HOW they would win and that's what I tuned in to see. I also wanted to see how well the other teams did in the finals.

mikey 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-19-06, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Editing different this season"
4th place teams, as a group, probably have the best edits of all:

1. Festers
2. Danny/Oswald
3. Wondertwins
4. Clowns
5. Bowling Moms
6. Aaron/Hayden
7. Gretchen/Meredith
8. Godlewskis?
9. Mojo

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •