The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Possible Clue Box Sighting in Victoria, BC Canada"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

Bbear 601 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-12-05, 06:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bbear Click to send private message to Bbear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Possible Clue Box Sighting in Victoria, BC Canada"
Hi guys, I don't usually post over here I just lurk - but I just got an e-mail from a friend of mine who watches TAR with me and thought I would pass this along in case it has any spoiler value.

"Hey, I was meaning to tell you Ö you know those route markers they use in the Amazing Race Ė yellow flag with a red stripe down the middle?

Well Ö on the Saturday of the long weekend, we were on Fisgard Street at the entrance to Fan Tan Alley, and there was a route marker with a green box on top! I didnít see anyone with backpacks running around crazily and yelling at each other, but a couple of hours later it was gone. Come to think of it, I didnít see any cameras either."

The long weekend mentioned would be July 1st, so it probably doesn't fit in with the timing, but thought it was worth mentioning.

Fan Tan Alley is in our Chinatown and is the same alley used in the movie Bird on a Wire with Mel Gibson/Goldie Hawn on the motorcycle. Very small, narrow and crowded with little shops. Would make a good place for a detour or a task. There were three events in town that weekend as well, Jazz Fest, Folk Fest and it was Canada Day weekend.

It's probably nothing, but thought I would put it out there.

Bear

>Handcrafted by RollDdice

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Possible Clue Box Sighting in V... Earl Colby Pottinger 07-13-05 1
 RE: Possible Clue Box Sighting in V... Max Headroom 07-13-05 2
   RE: Possible Clue Box Sighting in V... Draco Malfoy 07-13-05 3
       RE: Possible Clue Box Sighting in V... Earl Colby Pottinger 07-14-05 4
 RE: Possible Clue Box Sighting in V... 1derfool 07-16-05 5
   RE: Possible Clue Box Sighting in V... spinvis 05-04-06 6
       RE: Possible Clue Box Sighting in V... mommamia 05-04-06 7
           RE: Possible Clue Box Sighting in V... lotuslinds 05-15-06 8
               RE: Possible Clue Box Sighting in V... sittem 05-15-06 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Earl Colby Pottinger 1803 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

07-13-05, 02:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Possible Clue Box Sighting in Victoria, BC Canada"
Tell him to keep an eye on that location.

It is possible a crew put it there ahead of the show to test that is is visible/findable on the routes expected. Think of the flag in France that they showed today. It would be dumb if they installed it somewhere where the telescopes on the tower could not point to/blocked by railing.

At the very least snap a photo or two to post to spoilers ahead of time. Even if you never see the racers it will be fun to know you posted a task location before anyone else.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-13-05, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Possible Clue Box Sighting in Victoria, BC Canada"
Based on my stay there, Victoria would be a great place for TAR to visit. Hope your information is correct! Maybe the Roadblock could be along the lines of "Travel to Butchart Gardens and find a specific flower; the clue box will be located behind it"?

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-13-05, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Possible Clue Box Sighting in Victoria, BC Canada"
That'd be a good clue for season 1. Now you get a Mapsco code and the GPS coordinates.

"I don't think it's possible for someone whose cooter is in that many places on the Internet to actually give up public life." - Landru

Earl Colby Pottinger 1803 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

07-14-05, 00:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Possible Clue Box Sighting in Victoria, BC Canada"
But they still insist on *NOT* reading the entire clue and going to the wrong street/end of the street and waste two hours looking for flowers in the fish market.

1derfool 185 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-16-05, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail 1derfool Click to send private message to 1derfool Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Possible Clue Box Sighting in Victoria, BC Canada"
Would be nice, but I tend to lean towards an imitation race. See my post in the Season 8 Timing/Locations thread. 2nd thoughts about the Victoria BC sighting

It's great to have TAR so popular that there are imitations popping up all over the place, but it makes things so much tougher for us spoilers

spinvis 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-04-06, 11:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail spinvis Click to send private message to spinvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Possible Clue Box Sighting in Victoria, BC Canada"
I saw a cluebox in Victoria as well.. at around the same time. it was during the TALL SHIPS festival in BASTION SQUARE. The Club box was there and it had a lock on it.

mommamia 114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-04-06, 05:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mommamia Click to send private message to mommamia Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Possible Clue Box Sighting in Victoria, BC Canada"
TAR clueboxes never have locks on them. Those are usually used in local races.

lotuslinds 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-15-06, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lotuslinds Click to send private message to lotuslinds Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Possible Clue Box Sighting in Victoria, BC Canada"
>TAR clueboxes never have locks on
>them. Those are usually used
>in local races.

What are the local races? It was the exact same clue box in all the episodes. Plus the one that was sighted in Fan Tan Alley was around the same time the Bastion Square one was happening.

Why wouldn't they lock it at some point, to prevent strangers from opening it?

It makes sense it would be the same clue box... explain the local races please!

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-15-06, 04:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Possible Clue Box Sighting in Victoria, BC Canada"
It seems to me that I saw a preview last week showing teams bundled up in the snow. Unless they spent time on the way to BC in South America I don't think the July timeframe would work for TAR 9.

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •