The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"HTML help"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Help Forum (Protected)
Original message

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-20-03, 00:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"HTML help"
I am trying to put the syllabus for the class I am assisting on Blackboard Courseware, and have it saved in HTML...everything is fine, except in places where there are columns made by indenting (for instance, at the top of the syllabus, on the left side there is the prof's name and info underneath, and on the right should be the TAs' names and such)

But when I put it in the system, the second column/indented information ends up right next to the first. How can I make columns/indentations using HTML? (we are trying to use HTML rather than plain text because we want certain information bolded and italicized, etc)

so if I wanted:

Prof. Bob Smith
100 Bldg. A
555-5555 / email@email.com
Office Hours: MWF 10-11
(and by appointment)

and across from it:

Graduate Teaching Assistants:
Susan James (MT 9-10)
Jack Jones (WR 1-2)
Chris White (WF 12-1)
Office: 300 Bldg. A (555-2222)

how might I go about doing that? for the moment I'm adding in some invisible filler using <font color=white>bbbbbbbbbbb</font>
is that a reasonable thing to do or is that going to cause more trouble than its worth?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 also I_AM_HE 08-20-03 1
   RE: also TechNoir 08-20-03 2
       RE: also I_AM_HE 08-20-03 3
       RE: also I_AM_HE 08-20-03 4
           RE: also I_AM_HE 08-20-03 5
           Use an empty column... IceCat 08-20-03 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

08-20-03, 00:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "also"
how do i go to the next line without skipping a line...from what i can tell, every line is beginning and ending with <p></p> pairs...is there a command that will just end the line without skipping?
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings

08-20-03, 05:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TechNoir Click to send private message to TechNoir Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: also"
<br> takes you to the next line without skipping

The first one is harder ... put it in a table with two columns
You're gonna have to look it up though, and play with it a bit.
Basically the command will look like

<table><tr><td>stuff for first line, first column</td>
<td>Second line, first column</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>
second column stuff</td></tr>
</table>

"Half of Tech's charm is that sometimes I have no idea what she's talking about" -- True

08-20-03, 02:10 PM (EST)
3. "RE: also"
thanks a bunch Tech! I'll let you know how it turns out

08-20-03, 02:27 PM (EST)
4. "RE: also"
ok, that sets everything in nice columns, but how do I get the second column spaced further from the first column?

08-20-03, 03:21 PM (EST)
5. "RE: also"
nevermind, think i figured it out
used <td width=#> at the beginning of the first cell instead of just <td>

IceCat 17313 desperate attention whore postings

08-20-03, 03:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Use an empty column..."
LAST EDITED ON 08-20-03 AT 03:24 PM (EST)

Just posted the solution that you figured out yourself.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •