The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Interpreter for Luke?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

featherfish81 391 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-27-09, 05:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Interpreter for Luke?"
Seeing the previews of Margie fainting made me wonder...obviously during the race Margie is telling Luke what other people are saying. But is there an interpreter on the production team in case something happens to Margie, or are they expecting to communicate with written notes (which of course is effective, just slower)? I imagine it would be difficult to find enough camera or sound people who know sign language to have one on every leg of the race.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Interpreter for Luke? vince3 03-27-09 1
   RE: Interpreter for Luke? suzzee 03-28-09 2
 RE: Interpreter for Luke? Starshine 03-28-09 3
   RE: Interpreter for Luke? suzzee 03-28-09 4
       RE: Interpreter for Luke? ARnutz 03-28-09 5
           RE: Interpreter for Luke? suzzee 03-29-09 6
       RE: Interpreter for Luke? PirateQueen 04-13-09 7
 RE: Interpreter for Luke? PepeLePew13 04-13-09 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-27-09, 05:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Interpreter for Luke?"
More likely than not, someone in the group that follow Margie/Luke has training in ASL or knows what to do in such an emergency.......
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

suzzee 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

03-28-09, 07:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Interpreter for Luke?"
Someone has tutored Phil so I would think that there is. TAR seems to be on top of things like this.

Spring outfit thanks to Sharnina

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-09, 07:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Interpreter for Luke?"
My thought would be that there wouldn't be an interpreter for Luke, in the same way as there is no interpreter for any of the other teams.

I seem to remember from somewhere that the teams get different camera teams following them during the race, and I'm sure there are probably rules against working for 30 day with only 12 12 hour breaks!

J Slice what a cool lady

Just another Sleeperbloke

Something or Other

03-28-09, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Interpreter for Luke?"
I would think that an interpreter would be available in case of an emergency situation not for game advantage. It would be interesting to know how they deal with it.

I wonder as teams are eliminated if the crew also reduces or the same camera teams are rotated, giving them more down time.

All interesting behind the scene questions though, now I'm curious. I'd love a "filming of" TAR episode that would answer some of those things. Sometimes the production stories behind the shows are more interesting then the shows themselves.

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

03-28-09, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Interpreter for Luke?"
Have you checked out Phil's Diary on the CBS site? There is often inside info on logistics and stuff plus some things that show background info on tasks. Here is the newest one:

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race/video/phils_diary.php

Ep. 3 was cool with the Romanian gymnasts.

Sure, it's not always production info, but does give a behind the scenes look.

03-29-09, 07:53 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Interpreter for Luke?"
Those are good, but just not long enough

PirateQueen 4 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-13-09, 08:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PirateQueen Click to send private message to PirateQueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Interpreter for Luke?"
Good idea Suzzee - I know National Geographic has a video on the
market which shows all about what goes on in terms of filming etc. You might want to pass this idea on to Phil.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-09, 09:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Interpreter for Luke?"
I'd bet that there is an interpreter on hand as a production assistant - not specifically for Luke, but for the production so they know what Luke's saying along the way so they can pass along any tidbits to Phil so he'd know what to ask/say to Luke if there was anything relevant at the pit stop.

You notice how Phil sometimes mention things to certain teams once they're at the pit stop? He could only know these things from the tidbits that cameramen/producers pass along while they're en route with the teams.

Plus they need an interpreter(s) to relay what Luke is saying so the editors can know if certain scenes are suitable to be edited into the whole storyline for each episode. The same interpreters are prolly used during the actual filming. They also need to tell Phil how to sign certain words to Luke when he gets to the pit stop.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •