The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"My Strange TAR related dream..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

Tregard 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-15-09, 01:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tregard Click to send private message to Tregard Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"My Strange TAR related dream..."
ok, I had a really vivid dream about The Amazing Race, and needed to create an account to post a specific point about the dream.

So, picture the scene if you will:

Me and my sister are in the race, we seem to be in China, although it is quite cold and snowy.
My sister has just completed a road block involving eating what looked like asian cuisine (all I could really see was some kind of green paste.)
We recieved a clue that said:

"Preceed directly to the Pit stop at (I can't remember the location.)

WARNING, PHOTO FINISH AHEAD!"

That is the bit I wanted to point out, everything had been accurate to the amazing race up until that point. I had no idea what a photo finish was, but it seemed to be something like a yeild or u-turn.

The clue itself looked like this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/72/F-Forward_clue.PNG

it was the same colour, except the text said photo finish, and the two triangles were replaced with a camera with a finish flag in the middle.

So we got there, and I realised what a photo finish was.

It goes like this:

"A Photo Finish is a point somewhere just before a Pit Stop where the 2, 3 or 4 teams in last place, must all wait at the Photo finish marker, before all sprinting at the same time straight to the Check-in mat. The Last team to arrive, will be eliminated."

At least, that was what it seemed to be in my head.

I thought it sounded like a good idea for a task in the race.

1. It gives teams a chance to catch up
2. During slow episodes, it gives a rather fast moving climax to the episode.

So, what do you think a photo finish ACTUALLY is? Am I right? would it make a good TAR task?

please, discuss.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: My Strange TAR related dream... Snidget 03-15-09 1
   RE: My Strange TAR related dream... Tregard 03-15-09 2
 RE: My Strange TAR related dream... Starshine 03-15-09 3
   RE: My Strange TAR related dream... Tregard 03-15-09 4
       RE: My Strange TAR related dream... Starshine 03-15-09 5
           RE: My Strange TAR related dream... Tregard 03-15-09 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-15-09, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: My Strange TAR related dream..."
LAST EDITED ON 03-15-09 AT 02:07 PM (EST)

Sorry, my initial response is Ick, even more bunching.

It is bad enough for me when the bunching is from airplanes, opening times, or designated times to start the next part.

Right before a pitstop would really annoy me. It would mean the whole leg's worth of racing was meaningless, even if for the last several teams. If there has to be bunching I prefer it near the start of the leg so that way how well people do on the tasks actually makes a difference.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

03-15-09, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tregard Click to send private message to Tregard Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: My Strange TAR related dream..."
I understand what you mean about the bunching, but the 4 team scenario would only be on one of the very first legs, most times it would be just the last 2 teams.

Maybe I've just watched too many of those slower legs.

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

03-15-09, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: My Strange TAR related dream..."
Firstly Welcome aboard! Always nice to have new blood!

The photo finish idea is sort of interesting, however the intersection sort of does the same thing, particularly in TARA, although it is only two teams in those cases.

I remember one team having to hang around in Budapest for about 5 hours waiting for the last placed team to arrive, which as it happened meant that they had no chance in the next leg.

Something or Other

03-15-09, 03:03 PM (EST)
4. "RE: My Strange TAR related dream..."
thank you very much

I haven't seen much of TARA, as I live in the UK, so I have to watch TAR online.

On the subject of the intersection, I had an idea that after an intersection, the 2 pairs of teams would go into a photo finish, but half-way through the photo finish, there would be a sign saying "Intersection ends here". Just as a one of thing.

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

03-15-09, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: My Strange TAR related dream..."
The UK? Me too! Definitely glad to see another Brit

TARA is well worth a look, it is a lot tougher than TAR but can be very good.

Something or Other

03-15-09, 03:45 PM (EST)
6. "RE: My Strange TAR related dream..."
I might have a look at TARA after the current season of TAR has ended

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •