The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"A moment of silence for Mel White."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-23-09, 04:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"A moment of silence for Mel White."
Who, by openly declaring in front of a camera that his deity has better things to do than save his pulled groin, just lost the support of every self-titled church of prosperity on the planet.

And there we have the most unfamiliar of sights on reality television: a professed Christian behaving like one.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: A moment of silence for Mel Whi... Max Headroom 02-23-09 1
 RE: A moment of silence for Mel Whi... Seana 02-23-09 2
 RE: A moment of silence for Mel Whi... FishWoman 02-23-09 3
 RE: A moment of silence for Mel Whi... agman 02-23-09 4
 RE: A moment of silence for Mel Whi... Belle Book 02-23-09 5
 RE: A moment of silence for Mel Whi... Colonel Zoidberg 02-23-09 6
   RE: A moment of silence for Mel Whi... Belle Book 02-24-09 7
   RE: A moment of silence for Mel Whi... Denalio 03-03-09 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-09, 07:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: A moment of silence for Mel White."
I wish that guy was around during my season. Instead, we got the Weavers.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-09, 09:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: A moment of silence for Mel White."
Oh, that was just great. Didn't the lesbian ministers say something similar? I don't remember which season that was. I also liked how enthusiastic he was about the jump: "I may be old, but I want to do some of the fun stuff."

Snowiness by tribe

FishWoman 1510 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

02-23-09, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail FishWoman Click to send private message to FishWoman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: A moment of silence for Mel White."
That was a cool moment. I am glad he waited for the wind to die down so he could jump instead of treking down the mountain.

Hair by Tribephyl

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-09, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: A moment of silence for Mel White."
Aw nuts!

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-23-09, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: A moment of silence for Mel White."
LAST EDITED ON 02-23-09 AT 04:44 PM (EST)

*And there we have the most unfamiliar of sights on reality television: a professed Christian behaving like one.*

I agree -- he certainly behaved like a Christian, and that's pretty rare! He didn't lose my support -- I'd have probably said something similar. If I ever went on the Race, I think God would have better things to do than help me and my partner win the Race. He'd probably be busy trying to help us do the best we can -- and if we lose, we lose.

Belle Book

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings

02-23-09, 10:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: A moment of silence for Mel White."
The truly amazing thing is that his team didn't get eliminated promptly a la the TAR12 ministers, who said that they believed that God didn't care whether or not they won - they were eliminated during that leg. Contrast that with Jameka of Big Brother 8, who said that God pre-determined the outcome of the show, and lasted to F4 (though I suppose the Almighty got the last laugh - an atheist won the season.)

Bravo to Mel - it's one thing to say God gave you the chance to run the Race, just as it's one thing for an athlete to say God gave him the chance to play well. To affect the outcome? Come on.

Besides, just once, I'd like to see someone blame God or Jesus for losing. People credit Him all the time for winning - where's the SOB who would say, "Damnit, Jesus made me screw up the Roadblock."

And now I just realized that I missed a golden line for my last fanfic. Damnit again.

And I'm not going to blame God for it.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-09, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: A moment of silence for Mel White."
*Bravo to Mel - it's one thing to say God gave you the chance to run the Race, just as it's one thing for an athlete to say God gave him the chance to play well. To affect the outcome? Come on.

Besides, just once, I'd like to see someone blame God or Jesus for losing. People credit Him all the time for winning - where's the SOB who would say, "Damnit, Jesus made me screw up the Roadblock."

Maybe Connie should've said that Jesus made her lose Estee's Survivor: The Society Islands fanfic! Of course, it would've been wrong.

Belle Book

Denalio 903 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-03-09, 01:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Denalio Click to send private message to Denalio Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: A moment of silence for Mel White."
...just once, I'd like to see someone blame God or Jesus for losing. People credit Him all the time for winning - where's the SOB who would say, "Damnit, Jesus made me screw up the Roadblock."

Doesn't Coach basically think he's Jesus? I realize that's Survivor and we are here on TAR, but I'm hoping a lot of people will be shaking their fist at Coach's Messiah-complex sorry ass and getting him outta there soon (...although he is fun to loathe).

Awe inspiring Tribe sig!!!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •