The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S45-W02-E02 Title and Clues"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Sheldor 4189 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-29-23, 07:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheldor Click to send private message to Sheldor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S45-W02-E02 Title and Clues"
LAST EDITED ON 09-29-23 AT 07:59 AM (EST)

“Brought a Bazooka to a Tea Party”

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 S45-W02-E02 Press Release Sheldor 09-29-23 1
 EW Jeff Probst on player exit: 'Tha... Sheldor 09-29-23 2
 Unseen Cross-Tribal Twist Sheldor 09-29-23 3
   Opposing tribe member secret vote f... Sheldor 09-29-23 4
 On Fire Podcast: The Game Is On Sheldor 10-03-23 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

09-29-23, 08:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheldor Click to send private message to Sheldor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "S45-W02-E02 Press Release"
Storyline 09/28/2023

ONE PERSON FROM EACH TRIBE MUST HOP ON A BOAT WHERE THEY WILL MAKE A BIG DECISION THAT COULD IMPACT THEIR GAME, ON “SURVIVOR,” WEDNESDAY, OCT. 4

“Brought a Bazooka to a Tea Party”One person from each tribe must hop on a boat, where they will make a big decision that could impact their game. Then, tribes must find the key to victory in the immunity challenge to unlock the fishing gear reward, on SURVIVOR, Wednesday, Oct. 4, (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and available to stream live and on demand on Paramount+(live and on demand for Paramount+ with SHOWTIME subscribers, or on demand for Paramount+ Essential subscribers the day after the episode airs)*. The show is hosted by Emmy Award winner Jeff Probst.

Click HERE for photos

http://www.paramountpressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/shows/survivor/releases/?view=108545-one-person-from-each-tribe-must-hop-on-a-boat-where-they-will-make-a-big-decision-that-could-impact-their-game-on-survivor-wednesday-oct-4

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

09-29-23, 08:22 AM (EST)
2. "EW Jeff Probst on player exit: 'That is a very clear quit'"
Survivor host Jeff Probst on player exit: 'That is a very clear quit'
The host also weighs in on Brandon's tough start, Emily's tough attitude, and a tough new competition.

By Dalton Ross
September 27, 2023 at 09:30 PM EDT
http://ew.com/tv/survivor-45-jeff-probst-premiere-player-exit-quit/

Survivor 45 kicked off Wednesday night on CBS with three new teams battling it out, but let's be honest — when it came to intrigue, drama, and dysfunction, it was all about the Lulu tribe.

There was Emily Flippen challenging Bruce Perreault, who returned after being medically evacuated just minutes into season 44. Then, Brandon Donlon had a panic attack during the very first challenge and could not climb up a ladder. Finally, Hannah Rose threatened to quit (without actually using the word) unless her tribe voted her out, so they did exactly that.

Below, Jeff Probst weighs in on all of that and more from the premiere, including whether Hannah's actions count as a quit.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Obviously, a very tough few days for Brandon, a guy that has been applying to be on the show since he was 11 years old. What was going through your mind when he could not get up that ladder?

JEFF PROBST: I was thinking the same thing with Brandon that I think anytime something like that happens: This is why you are out here. And I know that might sound uncompassionate, but it's the opposite. My hope for every player is that you get what you need out of this adventure. Nothing more, but nothing less. Brandon will never forget that moment. Yeah, it was dramatic and emotional and taxing, but he survived it, and as a result, he's different and he's still in the game.

That's what this adventure is about. The game is designed to take you on this journey. It's the McGuffin, that moment. It will be as important in Brandon's life as anything else that's going to happen on this show because he was humiliated and panicking in front of everyone in the game he most desperately wants to do well on. Well, that's part of Survivor. That's why I always say players are courageous when they agree to do it. It's not for the faint of heart, as Brandon just found out.

I loved in the next challenge when you basically say that to him as he's struggling and you were like "This is what you wanted!"

It's analogous to having a vote at Tribal Council. I always say to the players in the pregame before we start, that I feel for everyone who gets voted out. But I also know that without a vote-out, there are no stakes. And that's why it's so satisfying when you survive another Tribal Council. It's the same with Brandon. If the challenge was easy and all you had to do was walk and didn't have anything to take you out of your comfort zone, then what's the point of doing it?

Every time somebody jumps into the ocean they're reminded, "Oh my God, the ocean is turbulent!" Even on a calm day, the ocean is tough to deal with, and now you have a rope ladder which is unsteady, and you're trying to pull yourself up with your body weight, and that's not something Brandon does every day. And on top of it, you hear me yelling at you, and all of your tribemates saying, "Hurry!" It's a lot to manage. That's why he is out there.

Where did the inspiration come from to have the two tribes compete against each other in a Sweat and Savvy competition, and how surprised were you neither of the teams completed it in time?

Well, we wondered how it would impact things if we had them do it in front of each other — just adding that peer pressure of watching the other tribe also trying to do what you're doing. We actually anticipated it would have the opposite effect and that both groups would end up finishing. So I was shocked when I got word that neither group finished it, because we put our Sweat and Savvy tasks through the same rigorous testing every time. And in our testing, our Dream Team completed it as (designed).

But it's just another reminder that you can never fully predict what will happen until you turn it over to the players. And I'll admit from a game design, I was delighted to see them fail because it created more uncertainty and it forced the players to adapt in new ways and that's always what we want.

Also, after a few seasons of people getting it done — albeit struggling with getting it done — it's nice to have them fail just for the sense of, this is not automatic. As a viewer, you might think, "Oh, it's tough, but you get it done." But well, maybe not.

Well, it's a really good point you bring up because in the previous seasons when they did complete Sweat vs. Savvy, they usually completed it right at the end of the time allowed. And we always were very proud of that because we spend a lot of time testing the Sweat and Savvy to make sure that if we say you have four hours, that it's going to take you most of those four hours.

So it only makes sense that there was going to come a time when somebody just wouldn't get it done. They picked the wrong pair, or the day was very hot, or they got a cut very early and it was bothering them. So many things can impact that, but I agree with you — glad to see the fail.

I don't even know if I necessarily have a question about Emily, but I just love her energy so much and in a weird way, it's refreshing to have that contrarian personality out there and the drama that gives you. As a host, when she's saying all that stuff at Bruce at the marooning, are you just beaming inside?

I know what you mean, so I guess I'm beaming, but that's sort of in my subconscious. Emily is already one of my favorite players, specifically because of her willingness to be herself and play the game on her terms. And in her case, that includes speaking her mind seconds into the marooning. I love that she laid Bruce out because he was trying to get a reaction. I was also really impressed by Bruce's calm response, which is probably part of the advantage of being a second time player because he could just sit there in the stillness and assess what he wanted to do.

What I'm most curious about now is if this is going to be Emily's approach the entire game and if she can sustain that, or if she's doing this as a bit of a test and she's going to gauge the reactions and then adapt her gameplay to suit her tribe. Because I don't know if you can go 26 days at that speed, but based on what happened at Tribal Council, she might've gotten a second life, and now the question will be what will she do with it?

Hannah seemed to be quitting without actually saying the word quitting. What was your take on her asking the tribe to vote her out, and then threatening to leave if they didn't?

Oh, that's a quit. Yeah, 100 percent. That is a very clear quit. I think what Hannah was doing was giving her tribe a fair warning that if you do not vote me out or agree to let me go home right now, then this tribe of six will quickly be down to four because I'm not staying. That's what I read.

And as difficult as it is, especially if you were in an alliance with Hannah, when someone is that dead set on quitting, I think the smart move is to let them quit and then adapt your game. Because it was very clear to me this was not a typical, "Oh, bamboo's really rough to sleep on." This was, "Yep, I made a bad decision and I'm going to course correct right now and go home." And the first call I made was to Jesse Tanenbaum and Dr. Liza, our head psychologist, to say, "Add this into our data, because we got it wrong. We missed something with Hannah. She shouldn't have been on the show."

I missed it too, in the sense that when I spoke to her before the game, I thought she was so enthusiastic and excited to get out there. So I was really surprised.

I think Hannah is a reminder that Survivor is 100 percent real, and that's what she offers us as an episode 1 quit, because as everybody else was suffering the same way she was, nobody else even considered going home. I mean, quits in general are very rare on Survivor anyway. And it could happen again. She might not be the last person to quit, but it's good news for everybody else.

This interview has been edited and condensed for length and clarity.

09-29-23, 05:15 PM (EST)
3. "Unseen Cross-Tribal Twist"
Jeff Probst Reveals an Unseen Cross-Tribal Twist from the 'Survivor 45' Premiere

A new twist that sent a member of the winning tribe to the losing tribe's camp was ultimately cut from the 90-minute episode.

MIKE BLOOM
SEP 27, 2023
http://parade.com/tv/survivor-45-twist-jeff-probst-podcast

Survivor fans were overjoyed to hear that the show would be running 90-minute episodes for the entirety of its 45th season. But despite 50% more airtime, winnowing three days of gameplay down means lots of content has to hit the cutting room floor. And, according to host and executive producer Jeff Probst, that includes one major twist in the episode that ultimately proved inconsequential.

Probst revealed this new piece of information while appearing on "On Fire," the official podcast of the veteran reality series. Now in its second season, the show features podcast producer Jay Wolffe and season 38 standout Rick Devens talking through the most recent episode from a fan and player perspective, respectively. Probst appeared on the second half of the podcast to give his thoughts on the many things that happened in the premiere, from the comments levied against returning player Bruce Perreault to the sudden quit of Hannah Rose, the earliest quit in the show's history.

To close the podcast, Probst dropped a tidbit of something that did not make the final cut during the premiere episode. And it's a big one.

"After the Immunity Challenge, we had a twist," Probst says. "The winning tribe was allowed to send one player to the losing tribe's beach. And that person would get to hang out while Lulu is scrambling, trying to decide who to vote out. So that player's there gathering lots of information."

09-29-23, 05:22 PM (EST)
4. "Opposing tribe member secret vote for Lulu player "
A major twist was cut out of ‘Survivor 45’ episode 1

A big part of day 3 wasn't shown on Wednesday night.

Stephen McCaugherty
Sep 28, 2023 5:43 pm

http://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/a-major-twist-was-cut-out-of-survivor-45-episode-1/

Even though Survivor 45’s episodes are supersized at 90 minutes, a lot of content was still left on the cutting room floor including a massive twist. Season 45 premiered on Wednesday, Sept. 27 and we were introduced to 17 new castaways, as well as reacquainted with Bruce Perreault from Survivor 44, who received a second crack at the $1 million after he was medically evacuated 12 hours into the game.

We also became familiar with perhaps the worst tribe ever, Lulu — move over, Matsing.

From Brandon Donlon nearly passing out during the opening challenge, to Emily Flippen burning bridges everywhere she could, to an emotionally distraught Hannah Rose throwing in the towel at Tribal Council, the players donning the yellow buff were a focal point for much of episode 1.

However, one thing that wasn’t shown was a critical twist after the first Immunity Challenge wrapped.

The three tribes (Lulu, Reba (red buffs), and Belo (blue buffs), battled in a classic-style Survivor obstacle course that ended in a puzzle. After Lulu put on a dismally physical performance trying to get their tribe members up a wall, Belo finished the puzzle first, and Reba placed second.

During Sept. 28’s episode of On Fire: The Official Survivor Podcast, longtime host and showrunner Jeff Probst revealed that with their victory, Belo earned a big advantage. They had the opportunity to send one player to Lulu’s beach to live with them while they prepared for Tribal Council. In doing so, the player would learn the dynamics of their tribe’s opponent while also potentially creating new bonds and alliances.

The twist also allowed the opposing tribe member to vote for a Lulu player to go home

“There’s one scene that you actually need to know about,” Jeff said.

Jeff revealed that Belo sent Kendra McQuarrie, the 31-year-old bartender from Steamboat Springs, CO, to Lulu. “Kendra goes over and she literally just hangs out there watching all of them scramble, but they now realize Kendra’s here,” the host said. “So, they’re trying to figure out who they’re going to vote for. But, they’re also aware that somebody is eavesdropping.”

Jeff said that none of the Lulu contestants were privy to another element of the twist. Kendra was also tasked with casting a vote against one of the six of them. Before Lulu made the journey to Tribal Council, Kendra went to Tree Mail and secretly wrote Brandon’s name down, he revealed.

Brandon was highly dismayed for large portions of episode 1. He was the big reason why Lulu didn’t capture supplies in the opening challenge, and his Immunity Challenge performance was not much better. Back at camp before Tribal, Brandon said he was planning on leaning into the Shot in the Dark game mechanic where he could wager his vote for a one-in-six chance of receiving safety from the vote.

“So, we get to Tribal Council, in theory, Brandon already has one vote cast against him,” he said.

However, Kendra’s surprise vote had no impact on the game because Hannah chose to quit Survivor 45. Instead of each player taking a trip to the voting urn to write Hannah’s name down, they all verbally agreed to honor Hannah’s wish, and she was sent packing. The host also gave Hannah the honor of snuffing her torch.

“So, when it came time to have to trim the episode down, as much as we loved this scene, because it didn’t really play out the way we intended with the vote and everything, we had to cut it,” Jeff said.

Kendra’s time on Lulu may be beneficial to her later in the game, the host said

The twist was a big opportunity for Kendra to make inroads with other competitors outside of her Belo tribe. And that could come in handy for her later in the experience if she plays her cards right.

“Obviously, Kendra now has been to Lulu,” he said. “She’s formed some kind of relationships with those players, and she has some kind of information. So, if there’s a tribe swap or if she makes the merge, who knows how that information or those relationships might come into play.”

He didn’t go into further detail about how Kendra’s game was ultimately affected by the twist. Also, we don’t know if the same thing will happen next episode — the first-place tribe at the Immunity Challenge sends a member of their squad to the loser’s camp.

You can catch episode 2 of Survivor 45 on Wednesday, Oct. 4 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on CBS and Paramount Plus.

10-03-23, 11:54 AM (EST)
5. "On Fire Podcast: The Game Is On"

49 minutes | Sep 27, 2023
The Game Is On
http://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-game-is-on/id1673596832?i=1000629457229

Survivor 45 is on! Eighteen new castaways are marooned on the islands of Fiji and there’s already some surprising friction between the group. What drives Emily Flippen to confront Bruce Perreault the moment they get to the barge? Rick Devens and Jay Wolff dig into this moment and the other major turning points in the premiere episode — including a frightening medical incident, the strategy behind the new “Sweat vs. Savvy” and the very shocking twist at Tribal Council. But first, Devens details just how much preparation and sacrifice each castaway makes leading up to their time on the island. Jeff Probst then shares a behind-the-scenes look at the approach to designing the game for the new, longer 90-minute TV episodes, how the castaways are organized into their tribes, and just how he felt during the tribal council that nobody expected.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •