The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S44-W02-E02 Title and Clues"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Sheldor 3865 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

03-02-23, 08:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheldor Click to send private message to Sheldor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S44-W02-E02 Title and Clues"
LAST EDITED ON 03-02-23 AT 08:12 PM (EST)

“Two Dorky Magnets”

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 S44-W02-E02 Press Release Sheldor 03-02-23 1
 Two Dorky Magnets Flowerpower1 03-03-23 2
 JP Podcast: “GETTING TO DAY ONE!” Sheldor 03-03-23 3
 Bruce invited back! Sheldor 03-03-23 4
 JP Reacts to Medical Madness Sheldor 03-03-23 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

03-02-23, 08:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheldor Click to send private message to Sheldor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "S44-W02-E02 Press Release"
03/2/2023

TRIBES MUST SNAKE THEIR WAY TOWARD THE WIN FOR IMMUNITY AND REWARD, ON “SURVIVOR,” WEDNESDAY, MARCH 8

“Two Dorky Magnets”Tribes must snake their way toward the win for immunity and reward. Also, paranoia starts to set in as a looming suspicion becomes the elephant in the room, and lines are drawn in the sand at tribal council, on SURVIVOR, Wednesday, March 8, (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and available to stream live and on demand on Paramount+*.

http://www.paramountpressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/shows/survivor/releases/?view=101901-tribes-must-snake-their-way-toward-the-win-for-immunity-and-reward-on-survivor-wednesday-march-8

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Flowerpower1 3975 desperate attention whore postings

03-03-23, 08:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower1 Click to send private message to Flowerpower1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Two Dorky Magnets"
LAST EDITED ON 03-03-23 AT 08:39 AM (EST)

Two Dorky Magnets, has to be referring to Matt and Franny. The new love birds on the green team.

Could refer to the rocket scientist, Carson and his engineering cohort, Helen?

paranoia starts to set in as a looming suspicion becomes the elephant in the room

This could refer to two things, I think.

1. The orange tribe, Ratu, is paranoid about the advantage that they know Lauren has.

2. Someone on the Soka(green) or Tika(Purple) finds the key and opens the cage, and no one knows who has it?

03-03-23, 06:28 PM (EST)
3. "JP Podcast: “GETTING TO DAY ONE!”"

48 minutes | Mar 1, 2023
Getting to Day One

Survivor 44 is off to a blistering start with new twists and turns! In this episode, we take a deep dive into “GETTING TO DAY ONE!” What does it take to get a new season of Survivor ready to turn over to 18 new castaways as they begin the adventure of a lifetime! And Jeff talks with evacuated player Bruce Perreault. Plus, meet Jeff's co-hosts, Brittany Crapper (Survivor supervising producer) and Jay Wolff (podcast producer) who help him take you behind the scenes each week. Watch the latest episode of Survivor 44 every Wednesday on CBS and Paramount+ and then catch all-new episodes of “On Fire with Jeff Probst” right after the show.

http://www.stitcher.com/show/on-fire-with-jeff-probst--the-official-survivor-podcast/episode/getting-to-day-one-300092737

03-03-23, 06:37 PM (EST)
4. "Bruce invited back!"
Survivor invites medically evacuated contestant back to play again

His game effectively ended minutes after the season began, but Bruce Perreault is going to get another trip to the island.

By Dalton Ross
March 01, 2023 at 11:00 PM EST
http://ew.com/tv/survivor-44-premiere-medically-evacuated-bruce-perreault-invited-back/

The Survivor 44 season premiere was about as rough and tumble as it gets — including a literal tumble. Three different players required medical treatment in the first three days due to accidents or heat-induced illness, and while two of the contestants were able to continue on, one hopeful's journey ended just minutes after it began.

Bruce Perreault dove head-first into the game of Survivor. The problem was, his head hit a beam while diving. The accident — which took place during the opening challenge right after host Jeff Probst welcomed players to the start of the game — bloodied Bruce's head and eventually led to him collapsing and blacking out in the middle of the contest.

The Survivor medical team rushed in with oxygen and supplies to get Bruce conscious again, and the 46-year-old insurance agent from Rhode Island appeared to recover enough to continue playing. However, later that night, Bruce started experiencing major pain and headaches, and after another visit from the doctors, he was pulled from the game on a stretcher.

While being removed from the season after only about 12 hours would seem to be a worst-case scenario, it turns out there is a silver lining to that dark cloud of circumstance.

On the debut episode of his new Survivor podcast, On Fire with Jeff Probst, the host made a big announcement. "In the spirit of what Survivor is all about, getting up off the couch, leaving your ordinary world behind — your family, your friends — left to fend for yourself in the jungle and say yes to adventure, I don't think Bruce got his fair share of Survivor," Probst said.

But he didn't stop there. "So, here's the announcement. We are officially inviting Bruce to play Survivor again. First player of the new era invited back. It's kind of exciting. It just felt like the right call."

As to whether that means Bruce will come back in a returning player season or alongside a group of all newbies remains to be season, as does what season number it ends up happening in. "We don't have a season yet," Probst said on the podcast. "Lots to coordinate. He's got to leave his job again, leave his family, and miss those baseball games. But it's an open invitation. So hopefully we'll get Bruce out on that island again." (You can watch and read Bruce's reaction to the news.)

The announcement makes Bruce the first person since the all-winners installment of season 40 to be officially invited back, although there has been a slew of big personalities over the past few seasons — Naseer Muttalif, Maryanne Oketch, and Cody Assenmacher, to name a few — that surely would be on a receiving end of an invite whenever the next returning player campaign rolls around. Whether they end up on the same beach as Bruce remains to be seen.

You can listen to the full episode of On Fire with Jeff Probst, which also includes a look into the casting and pre-production process and a segment called "This is Why You Suck." Also make sure to read our interview with the host and full Survivor 44 premiere episode recap. Plus, watch a hilarious deleted scene from the premiere.

03-03-23, 06:47 PM (EST)
5. "JP Reacts to Medical Madness"
LAST EDITED ON 03-03-23 AT 06:51 PM (EST)

Jeff Probst reacts to Survivor 44 premiere medical madness

The host addresses three medical scares in three days, a special dedication, and more from the season premiere.

By Dalton Ross
March 02, 2023 at 08:00 AM EST
http://ew.com/tv/survivor-44-premiere-jeff-probst-medical-madness/

He warned us. Host Jeff Probst told us months ago that Survivor 44 would be a dangerous season, and we did not have to wait long for that to unfold on Wednesday's two-hour season premiere.

Just minutes into the game, Bruce Perreault banged his head into a beam while trying to duck under an obstacle in a challenge. While he temporarily recovered after being tended to by doctors, the pain and headaches returned later that night and he had to be medically evacuated from the game. (He's already been invited back to compete in a future season.)

Day 2 brought another medical scare when Matthew Grinstead-Mayle took a nasty fall while climbing a giant rock. The player separated his shoulder and sliced his hand and foot open. Luckily, he was allowed to stay in the game after being examined and tended to.

However, the medical scares were not done. Day 3 brought yet another incident when Brandon Cottom felt dizzy and started cramping up during a challenge. Once again, the challenge had to be interrupted while medical attended to Brandon, ultimately letting him sit out the rest of the contest to recuperate while the competition continued on without him. He was then allowed to continue in the game, and used a (not so hidden) immunity idol to save himself at Tribal Council.

We caught up with Probst (who also just launched a new official Survivor podcast called On Fire with Jeff Probst) to get the scoop on all those medical scares, a unique opening to the season, a very special dedication at the end, and more. (Also make sure to read our full premiere episode recap and watch a hilarious deleted scene.)

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: In some ways, that is the wildest opening to a Survivor season I have ever seen, as you for the first time ever took us inside a confessional interview session with Carolyn. And not only that, but you did it as the very first shot of the season! Tell me about how and why that came about.

JEFF PROBST: I love that you chose this as a question because I thought it was such an inspired idea. It came from Dave Armstrong, one of our amazing editors. He was responsible for the opening of the premiere. What struck Dave was how much this moment told us about Carolyn, without her ever answering the question. Not only was it a fun, fresh way to start the season, but it was a character revealing moment. Our editors are responsible for so many of the ideas you see on the show. We have a tremendous team of storytellers and they have total freedom to try anything. Not every idea works, but you have to be willing to experiment in order to know!

Three big medical scares in three days, including calling a stop to the first two challenges of the season. What's it like having to call a challenge and also monitor medical conditions, like with Bruce and Brandon, at the same time?

Yelling "Medical!" is definitely a turning point in the show because it means a player is down and in need of a doctor. The best news is that we have an entire medical team on site so the response is immediate. The number one priority in those situations is the health of the player. That's it. My job is to just make sure that the audience understands what is happening from a medical point of view.

Take us through that moment with Bruce when he learned he was being pulled from the game. He seemed absolutely devastated.

There is no easy way to handle something like that. You said it: It's devastating. Every producer on the beach is aware of the tremendous sacrifice it takes for a player to leave their family, their career, and their friends to come play Survivor. When their journey is cut so short, it's just heartbreaking. I absolutely feel for them. You're just wishing there was another option. Any option that could keep them in the game. In Bruce's case, he was in a lot of pain so as sad as it was, it was the only option. At that point, the only thing you can really do is offer support and understanding.

On the Inheritance advantage, it says you can "secretly inherit all advantages and idols played at one Tribal Council." Does that mean after you announce in the voting booth you are playing it, the idols and advantages played at that Tribal work for as usual for whomever plays them, but then you secretly get them later — like later that night or the next day — with the same powers, as if they are being put back into play? Or do the idols and advantages not work for the first people that play them at that Tribal and are immediately used at that Tribal by the holder of the Inheritance advantage that played it while voting? Or is it something else entirely?

This question cracks me up because it's a perfect example of why Survivor is so tough to play, because it could be either! It's the former. The way this advantage works is any idols or advantages that are played at that tribal council have full power to the holder. So they play as normal. But once they are played, and Tribal is over, those same idols or advantages are secretly given to the holder of the advantage with the same full power.

It seemed like a bit of a panic move on her part, but Jaime made Survivor history this week. What did it feel like to finally watch someone pull the right Shot in the Dark parchment?

Ah yes, this is where you and I still disagree! I think Jaime made the correct move. Zero doubt. She thought she might be in trouble, so she played her Shot in the Dark. That's why it's in the game. You have to survive the vote in order to live another day. As far as my reaction to her pulling the correct scroll, the truth is I am so focused on my job that I don't have many emotional reactions at Tribal.

Finally, the episode was dedicated to your former crew member Keith Sayres, who recently passed away, and a GoFundMe has been set up for his family. What can you say about Keith?

I really appreciate you asking about Keith. Keith was a beloved member of our Survivor family. Truly adored. He worked in a variety of different departments over the last 14 years, and he brought heart and soul into every position. It sounds cliché, but Keith really was the guy who always had a joke to brighten your day or would give you encouraging words if he felt you needed them. I hope his family understands how much love he gave to others. He will be greatly missed by all who had the pleasure of knowing him.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •