The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S41-W13-E13 Title and Clue"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Sheldor 3865 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

12-09-21, 06:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheldor Click to send private message to Sheldor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S41-W13-E13 Title and Clue"
“One Thing Left to Do… Win”
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 S41-W13-E13 Press Release Sheldor 12-09-21 1
   Ricard wins F5 IC? PepeLePew13 12-10-21 2
       RE: Ricard wins F5 IC? PepeLePew13 12-10-21 3
           RE: Ricard wins F5 IC? Flowerpower1 12-13-21 4
               RE: Ricard wins F5 IC? PepeLePew13 12-14-21 7
 S41-W13-E13 Jury Speaks Sheldor 12-13-21 5
 S41-W13-E13 Jeff Probst Tease Sheldor 12-14-21 6
 EW Jeff Probst on Survivor's first ... Sheldor 12-15-21 8
 The Survivor 41 final five speak! Sheldor 12-15-21 9
 Jeff Probst on Which New Twists Wil... Sheldor 12-15-21 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

12-09-21, 06:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheldor Click to send private message to Sheldor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "S41-W13-E13 Press Release"
AFTER AN EPIC SEASON, ONLY FIVE CASTAWAYS REMAIN AND NOW MUST BATTLE IT OUT FOR THE TITLE OF SOLE SURVIVOR AND THE $1 MILLION PRIZE, ON THE TWO-HOUR SEASON FINALE OF “SURVIVOR,” WEDNESDAY, DEC. 15

For the First Time Since Season One, the Winner Will Be Revealed Live on Location

The Finale Will Immediately Be Followed by a One-Hour After-Show Hosted by Jeff Probst

Link to Finale Teaser Here

For some reason this Teaser (Sneak Peek) video was REMOVED from YouTube and CBS Survivor Press Express!

A new version was uploaded to CBS Survivor Press Express but not to YouTube SurvivorOnCBS yet.

“One Thing Left to Do… Win” – After a dangerous season filled with new twists, only five castaways remain and must battle it out for the title of Sole Survivor and the $1 million prize, on the two-hour season finale of the CBS Original series SURVIVOR. For the first time since season one, the winner will be revealed live on location. The finale will be immediately followed by a one-hour after-show hosted by Jeff Probst, Wednesday, Dec. 15 (8:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and available to stream live and on demand on Paramount+*.

http://www.viacomcbspressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/shows/survivor/releases/view?id=58801

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

PepeLePew13 26111 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-10-21, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Ricard wins F5 IC?"
Hard to see in this capture, but it appears that Ricard is the only one who might have something around his neck.

12-10-21, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ricard wins F5 IC?"

Flowerpower1 3975 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-21, 09:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower1 Click to send private message to Flowerpower1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ricard wins F5 IC?"
I agree, Pepe. Looks like he has something, his back is way to hunched out.....hmmmm?Ricard F5 winner. Xander has immunity idol, so one of Erika/Heather/Deshawn going home? Wouldn't they all take out Deshawn if Ricard has immunity?

12-14-21, 08:01 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Ricard wins F5 IC?"
Who knows? Could be Heather as a perceived ally of Erika and the need to keep Deshawn around to go against Ricard at F4. Could be Deshawn as a threat. They ought to go after Xander but he doesn't seem to be taken seriously by the others or as a threat.

I've tried tweaking the lighting and levels on that photo but cannot see what might be causing that bulge on Ricard's back -- but it should be noted the immunity necklace doesn't see to be particularly bulky in the back. *shrugs*

12-13-21, 09:48 PM (EST)
5. "S41-W13-E13 Jury Speaks"
The Survivor 41 jury speaks!
The show's six jurors answer our burning questions before the finale, including: Who among them played the best game?

By Dalton Ross
December 13, 2021 at 11:54 AM EST
http://ew.com/tv/survivor-41-finale-jury-interview-danny-liana-shan-evvie-naseer-tiffany/

The fate of a million dollars is in their hands. On Wednesday, Dec. 15, the Survivor 41 jury will choose which of the three finalists is deserving of their votes for the title of Sole Survivor and that big check that goes along with it. During that televised decision-making process, they will weighs the pros and cons of each candidate while peppering them with questions about why they should get the loot.

But before they do so, we thought it would be fun to pepper them with a few (non-spoilery) questions of our own. Such as: What is the best and worst thing about being at the Survivor jury lodging (known as Ponderosa)? Which pre-jury boot do they wish had been there with them? Which juror would they like as a permanent Ponderosa roommate? And who among the jury played the best game this season?

We hit up Tiffany Seely, Naseer Muttalif, Evvie Jagoda, Shantel Smith, Liana Wallace, and the recently ousted Danny McCray to get their takes on living that jury life. Some of their answers may surprise you.

What was the best thing about being at Ponderosa?

TIFFANY SEELY: I'll start by saying, BEING THE QUEEN! I felt very in charge for the first time all season. On a more serious note, I would be remiss if I didn't say the food and, of course, getting to know the players outside the game with no pressure. There was also an abundance of Starburst that we couldn't stop eating. It got us all!

NASEER MUTTALIF: The best thing about Ponderosa was the company. Not only my castmates, but all of the hard-working people behind the scenes. I work in hospitality, so I know all that goes into running a place like Ponderosa. Everyone I met was so kind and welcoming. I wish I could have stayed in the game longer, of course, but I appreciated experiencing that side of things too. So, a huge shout-out to everyone who made Ponderosa so great for us and to the wonderful Fijian people we met.

EVVIE JAGODA: Getting to connect with everyone as people rather than players in a cutthroat monster of a game. I'll never forget the very first night I was there — me, Tiff, and Naseer probably stayed up until 2 a.m., laughing, crying, peeing on the sand instead of the bathroom, swapping embarrassing Survivor poop stories, and on and on. I honestly think getting voted out of Survivor requires a process of grieving just like any other loss, and at Ponderosa, especially with Tiff and Naseer, we just were so able to be there for each other, process the grief, and then let loose under the care of the Fijian staff, who are literally the kindest and most wonderful people on Earth. It was also so special for me when Liana, who was the first person I felt truly close to in the game, came to Ponderosa — we got to reconnect, have a blast, and end our time in Fiji better than ever.

SHANTEL SMITH: The time I was given to reflect on the game before heading back home. All my feelings about being blindsided by my alliance came crashing in on me there, and I really felt like I was not my best self. I was able to process so many thoughts and emotions about how I played and what I felt killed my game, to make sense of and come to accept it.

LIANA WALLACE: Gorging myself with all the food I had been dreaming about for 21 days. You get to come out of this super-intense game and enjoy all the little things, so eating a ton of good food was definitely a plus.

DANNY McCRAY: Hanging out with my castmates! Everyone is much friendlier once they are off the island.

What was the worst thing about being at Ponderosa?

TIFFANY SEELY: The worst thing about being at Ponderosa was, of course, knowing it was over. I lost! Also, some of the cast members were very upset and still very emotional, which led to some uncomfortable moments and hurt feelings.

NASEER MUTTALIF: Not being able to talk to my family. It was tough being away for so long, especially with the quarantine period.

EVVIE JAGODA: The worst thing was not being able to talk to my partner, Carmel. That was hard on me the whole time, but in the game I was having so much fun, I was able to put it more in the back of my mind. At Ponderosa, with emotions being so raw, I just wanted more than anything to call her and tell her everything that happened, and have her tell me she was proud of me. Luckily, I had with me a book of pictures of us that she had made me for our three-year anniversary. I loved getting to show it to everyone.

SHANTEL SMITH: Ponderosa felt very toxic, but the worst thing about Ponderosa, honestly, was the slow, steady trickle of more information about what happened in the game. I felt like I was constantly being blindsided by the different angles, stories, and confessions presented by every new arrival. You think you know what happened and then you find out something new. Then another thing, and then another, only to discover that nothing you thought initially was true.

LIANA WALLACE: The worst thing about being at Ponderosa was that everyone is on their own individual emotional roller coasters. All everyone wants to do is go home and be with family. It's challenging because everyone is struggling with reflecting on their game, becoming anxious with how they will be portrayed and perceived on national television, and also dealing with a ton of hindsight bias.

DANNY McCRAY: Knowing that I was out of the game. It's a reminder that I had been voted out and didn't win.

Which person voted out pre-jury do you wish had been with you all at Ponderosa?

TIFFANY SEELY: I wish a few people pre-jury would have been at Ponderosa. First, I'd say Voce. We were really close on the island — he was like my island husband. It would have been fun to have him there when I got voted off. We are great at back-and-forth banter and don't take each other too seriously. Also, Sydney and I shared quite a few laughs, so that would have been refreshing as well.

NASEER MUTTALIF: I loved JD's enthusiasm for the game, and I think he would have been a very fun, positive person to be around. I tried to enjoy every minute in Ponderosa. I think JD would have a similar attitude. Brad and Voce also seemed like enjoyable people to be around, so I would have been happy to have them there as well.

EVVIE JAGODA: I would say either Sydney or Voce. Sydney because I truly think she deserved to be on the jury. I mean, she was literally at the merge, buff in hand for two days. Also, she would have probably been a riot at Ponderosa. And I had the deepest relationship with Voce of any of the pre-jurors. I really wish we had gotten that time to reconnect. Luckily, I'm happy to report we've gotten that time since the game. He's wonderful.

SHANTEL SMITH: Genie.

LIANA WALLACE: I really would have loved to have Genie with us during Ponderosa. From the few interactions I had with her, she just always seemed like an easygoing and loving person, so I think it would have been nice to have her energy.

DANNY McCRAY: Sydney. We were really close on Luvu, so I know if would've been fun!

If you had to live at Ponderosa permanently with one of your fellow jurors, who would it be and why?

TIFFANY SEELY: If I had to live with one person at Ponderosa permanently, I'd say it would be Evvie. We just worked together really well — we were always on the same page with strategy and laughter. Our senses of humor just gelled, and we really enjoyed being together. It's one of the gifts I take away with me from the season. Our forever friendship and the fun we have together is unmatched!

NASEER MUTTALIF: I guess I would say Evvie. They are a genuine person who I think would keep life interesting and happy. I enjoyed being around them.

EVVIE JAGODA: Hands down Tiff. Tiff is family for life. We were only separated for like 20 hours the entire time I was in Fiji, and I'm so so grateful for that. Tiff makes me laugh harder than anyone I know, builds me up when I'm down, and is just a wonderful person. Plus, if we lived together permanently, maybe one day I'd finally be able to explain to her how Xander's idol worked. (Just kidding, of course… mostly.)

SHANTEL SMITH: Liana.

LIANA WALLACE: I would have to pick Naseer. He is one of the sweetest people I know. He's easy to talk to and understanding, and has a really interesting life story. I feel like Naseer and I could thrive and have a great time.

DANNY McCRAY: Tiff. There would never be a dull moment. I love a good party, and Tiff definitely knows how to keep a party going.

Who among the jurors played the best game and why?

TIFFANY SEELY: I think the best player among the jury has to be me. How can I not be my biggest supporter? I really do believe I had the best social game, which may have hurt me a bit. But I had so much more strategy and game left in me that had yet to be seen, and just couldn't get my footing at merge, but had I made it to the final three I definitely had some friends! I flourish when it comes to playing people socially, but clearly not this season. Was that an obnoxious answer?

NASEER MUTTALIF: I'd have to say Danny since he lasted the longest out of us all and kept his name out of the votes all the way up until he got voted out. He did well compared to most professional athletes who played.

EVVIE JAGODA: I honestly think everyone on the jury was playing so hard and well — everyone would have had a case for themselves at the end. Obviously, Shan was in control for a lot of the game, especially coming from a tribe that had just two people. You gotta give her huge props for that. But as we saw with her, it's nearly impossible to be that out front and get all the way to the end. For that reason, I'd probably say Danny. I think it was hard for me to fully see his game while I was playing, especially since our games were just so different, but after, it became clear that he had a really good read on everything that was happening, was able to put logic before emotions in decision-making, and was just was so well-liked and respected by everyone. I think if he had gotten to the end, he'd have been able to explain his game really well, and those warm feelings we all had for him would have been translated into jury votes.

SHANTEL SMITH: Evvie. She was smart and savvy. I just got her before she could get me.

LIANA WALlACE: You mean, besides me? Kidding! I'd have to say Shan played the strongest game amongst the jury. She came out of the gates paying hard and still managed to make it to the final eight, which is incredibly impressive. Typically, players who start out playing hard are immediately perceived as threats and voted out of the game. Shan managed to pull off four blindsides, if I am not mistaken, during the Sara, Brad, JD, and Genie votes. She also managed to form strong social relationships with almost everyone throughout her game, which is incredibly important. On top of that, she was a powerful strategic player but still managed to play with her heart and values. Give my big sis the credit she deserves

DANNY McCRAY: Evvie, who formed an all-women alliance on Yase, managed to survive the first merge vote, and followed that up with an incredible immunity win. If Evvie had more time, I think she would've been a contender to win it all.

12-14-21, 03:07 PM (EST)
6. "S41-W13-E13 Jeff Probst Tease"
Survivor's Jeff Probst Previews the Format-Changing Season 41 Finale and a 'Raw and Candid' After Show
DECEMBER 14, 2021 – 9:05 AM
by Mike Bloom
http://parade.com/1308395/mikebloom/survivor-41-jeff-probst-finale-interview/

For twelve weeks, Survivor has brought a slew of new factors into the game. The 41st season has included hidden immunity idols locked behind the decisions of other tribes, making challenges literally “do or die,” and even time travel. And the changes will not let up going into the endgame, as Wednesday’s finale will feature some format changes not seen on the decades-long reality giant in a long time, if at all.

Currently, just five players–Deshawn Radden, Erika Casupanan, Heather Aldret, Ricard Foyé, and Xander Hastings–are left in the hunt for the million-dollar prize. But in a season full of blindsides, the latest one came from Jeff Probst, who told the final five they would be going from Tribal Council to a new island, where they would spend the remaining three days, starting over from scratch.

“It’s that final push to the end that forces the players to dig deep into their soul for the last three days,” the Survivor host and executive producer told Parade.com in an exclusive interview. “This was important in the game design because we really wanted the 26 days to be as difficult as 39 days of the old version of Survivor. After watching them deal with this season, I feel pretty good that we accomplished our goal!”

Their time on the new beach should be action-packed, given what’s awaiting the final five in the last few days of the game. They’ll face off in two Immunity Challenges and two Tribal Councils that will leave three finalists. On Day 26, they’ll face the jury, who will then vote for a winner. But for the first time since season one back in 2000, that winner will be revealed right there right then, rather than months later on a live soundstage back in the United States.

The choice to crown a winner on the island was one of precaution for the Survivor production team. Filmed back in April, producers had no idea what the state of live events–or the world–would look like by December. So rather than take the risk of missing out on that million-dollar moment, they chose to read the jury votes live on Day 26. And interestingly, in calling back to that infamous Borneo finale, one of the watershed moments of the series, it’s harkening to the “drop the 4, keep the 1” mentality the show has had this entire season.

While the winner reveal has not happened in a long time, what follows will be a genuine Survivor first. According to Probst, after the votes are read, the finalists and jury members will immediately sit down with him for what’s been coined a “Survivor After Show.” Taking the place of a typical reunion, it will catch the castaways immediately after the game has ended, in what Probst calls a “really candid, raw, unfiltered conversation.”

But no matter who ends up taking the title of Sole Survivor by the end of the night on Wednesday, Probst has nothing but kind words for them, the other finalists, the jury, and the cast of season 41 as a whole. “I have never been more impressed or more proud of a group of Survivor players,” he says, commending their ability to roll with all of the punches thrown their way over 26 eventful days on the island.

For more information on the finale, Jeff Probst’s thoughts on the season, as well as his mindset going into season 42 and beyond, check out our interview below. Survivor 41 airs its three-hour finale and after show this Wednesday at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT on CBS.

All season long, you’ve thrown in twists and turns to change up the game of Survivor. Have you done anything similar for the finale regarding change in format?

The one big twist is that the final five will leave Tribal Council and head directly to a new beach where they will have to start over again with no shelter and only very meager supplies. It’s that final push to the end that forces the players to dig deep into their souls for the last three days. This was important in the game design because we really wanted the 26 days to be as difficult as 39 days of the old version of Survivor. After watching them deal with this season, I feel pretty good that we accomplished our goal!

The live reunion is always a highlight of the finale, and was understandably limited for season 40. Given the state of the pandemic, how did you handle doing an after show this season, and what went into the thinking behind that choice?

For context, you have to remember that production for Survivor 41 started back in early April with a mandatory 14-day quarantine in Fiji, before we even began shooting. At that time, no television shows had live audiences, and there was no way to predict where things would stand in December. Nobody loves a live finale more than me. The energy is fantastic, but it simply wasn’t an option. So we had to make the safest and most practical decision, which was to finish the show in the jungle and reveal the votes at the final tribal council. The really fun upside of this decision is it gave us a chance to do something we hadn’t done since season one – reveal the winner in the jungle in real time! It was electric, and it blew the player’s minds.

Then we realized it gave us the chance to do something we’ve never done before, a Survivor After Show! So once we announced the winner, we brought in some pizza and champagne and just kept shooting! We had a really candid, raw, unfiltered conversation while the players and jury were still very much in game mode. I think Survivor fans will enjoy it.

The cast for Survivor 41 has earned a lot of praise from fans, both for its diverse array of stories and exciting gameplay. How do you look at this group of 18 castaways?

I have never been more impressed or proud of a group of Survivor players. And that is not to take away from anyone who has played before; I have lots of love for the players of the past 40 seasons! Survivor 41 will always be special to me for a few reasons. Most notably, with the exception of Cook Islands, it’s the most diverse cast in Survivor history. It completely changed the game in a very positive way as we had so many new, rich, fascinating backgrounds and stories.

These players came into Survivor 41 with the world in a state of total chaos. They endured a 14-day quarantine in isolation. Then they were shocked to learn that they were going to birth a totally new, very dangerous version of Survivor with no food and a relentless 26-day pace, and they never blinked. I’ve seen every single day of Survivor, and I can’t think of another group of players who took on more and handled it with such absolute grace and a sense of fun. I enjoyed every single minute of every single day with this group.

As mentioned before, you threw many brand-new twists and types of advantages into the game this season. Looking back, how do you feel about how these new elements played out?

The impetus for the Survivor 41 game design came during the height of COVID in 2020. There was so much tension in the world, and it was impacting all of us. We were on a long hold, waiting for a safe time to shoot our next season. During this long period of pre-production, we realized that one thing we could attempt to do with the show was to try and bring some fun and escapism by how we designed the game. So our goal was to launch an entirely new version of Survivor that would focus on dangerous fun and unpredictability.

One of the biggest decisions we made was in regards to how and when we introduced the new advantages and twists. Typically, we only add one or two to a season. For Survivor 41, we decided to intentionally overwhelm the players with more new ideas than any season in the history of our show. Our goal was to make a big impression very quickly to catch them completely off guard.

In essence, everything you thought you knew about the game is gone. So throughout the season, we continued to introduce new advantages and twists with the idea that by the time the season was over, there would be no doubt that all bets were off. This is a new game. And we knew we had to do the same thing with the players in Survivor 42 because they had not seen anything of Survivor 41.

In the pursuit of constantly evolving Survivor, how does the run of the twists in 41, and audience reaction, inform the way you look at making future seasons?

I’ve been blown away by the various responses to this season! Some people love it, and some people hate it! We anticipated there would be lots of opinions. Some fans are very specific about what they want from Survivor, and other fans love that it is in a constant state of flux.

Here’s how we look at it. There is often a learning curve when playing Survivor, and the same thing goes for watching a new version of Survivor. Survivor 41 has so many new elements that it does require a bit of patience, even for my mom, who is die-hard! It’s like if you were just learning to play poker, it might take you a minute to understand that three of a kind beats two-pair, even if that doesn’t necessarily make sense at first glance.

Every twist is designed with one simple goal: to force the players to respond. Regardless of how they respond, it will impact the game in one way or another. That’s what is fun about playing and watching a season of Survivor: Their behavior. And strategically, twists always test your social stability in the game. In this new dangerous version of Survivor, social relationships are more important than ever.

A perfect example is the “Do or Die” Twist. Nobody was forced to participate in that Immunity Challenge. Everybody could have decided to sit it out and give up their shot at immunity, in which case, nobody would have played Do or Die. But the reason Deshawn decided to play was his uncertainty about where he stood in the tribe. His social game was in trouble.

This may sound like a very obvious statement, but for the sake of future players, I’ll say it again. The game design of Survivor is a MacGuffin. Survivor is not about the twists and the advantages. Survivor is about the players. The game design is necessary only in that it forces behavior from those players. It’s also why fans can play along from home. Otherwise, it’s irrelevant. If this sounds confusing, then study it. This is a big key to doing well on Survivor.

Season 41 has been incredibly impactful in reaching outside the game, particularly in talking about matters of race and representation. What was your reaction to the conversations being had in the midst of such a cutthroat game, and the response from fans as they watch?

I thought the conversation two weeks ago between Liana, Danny, Deshawn, Xander, and Heather was the most honest, powerful and relevant conversation on race we’ve ever seen on Survivor. I was so honored to be there, to listen, and to learn. I was really impressed with Liana’s comment about understanding that fans may just want Survivor to be fun, but sometimes Survivor and real life collide. This was one of those times, and they often lead to some of our most beautiful and impactful moments.

And if you remember, immediately following that conversation, we played “Do Or Die” with Deshawn. Come on now! It’s one of the best things about the Survivor format; you never know where it’s going to take you. Your best bet is to buckle up and enjoy the ride!

Tease up the finale for us. What can we expect from the final jam-packed days of the game?

The game is totally up for grabs. It’s a very fun, dramatic finish followed by an entertaining Survivor After Show and your first look at the players of Survivor 42.

12-15-21, 04:51 PM (EST)
8. "EW Jeff Probst on Survivor's first immediate winner reveal in 21 years"
Jeff Probst on Survivor's first immediate winner reveal in 21 years
Due to COVID, Survivor will reveal the season 41 winner on location for the first time since season 1

December 14, 2021 at 11:30 AM EST
By Dalton Ross
http://ew.com/tv/survivor-41-finale-winner-jeff-probst-interview/

There have been two big mysteries since Survivor 41 was first announced: Who would win the game? And when (and where) would they win it?

Due to the COVID outbreak in 2020, there was no way to gather the season 40 Survivor: Winners at War cast for a reunion show and the votes were read from Jeff Probst's garage to the finalists over video conferencing. So when it was announced that the show was resuming filming last spring for season 41 back in Fiji, one couldn't help but wonder if Survivor would once again hold the votes (as has been the custom ever since season 1, with the exception of the Ghost Island season, in which there was a tie so the original jury votes were read on location and then the tiebreaker vote and winner was revealed months later) and hope to have a live reading and reunion back in Los Angeles, or take the safer route and read them out on location.

When we asked Probst about this before the season began, the host was coy. "Ah, such a great question!" he said then. "Yes, we faced our own dilemma when it came to deciding how to handle the final Tribal Council and the reveal of the winner. But this was more risk vs. risk! Should we risk it and do what we always do in the hopes we can do a live finale back in the states? Or do we risk it and announce the winner in the jungles of Fiji and hope the secret stays a secret? Hmm… What would you do? You'll have to watch to find out what decision we made."

But with the season 41 finale now a day away, Probst is ready to confirm that the show did, in fact, read the votes and reveal the winner on location at the final Tribal Council last May. Not only that, but he tells EW all about what it was like when it happened, and then what happened next. Read on for the full scoop on that and other thoughts from the host on Wednesday's finale.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Deshawn. Erika. Heather. Ricard. Xander. Who's in the best and toughest position heading into the final 5?

JEFF PROBST: We have five players left and five completely different games being played. There is still a fair amount of game in these last few days along with some big decisions to be made. I'm not sure you can win the game in the last few days but I do think you can lose it. Players sometimes get tentative, change what they're doing or overthink things. That is what keeps it so interesting. You can't just casually stroll into the final three. Someone has to step up and claim it.

Which jury member would have been the hardest to beat had they made it all the way to the end?

We have a jury filled with fantastic players. There's a reason they were voted out! And every single one of them could tell you right now, in detail and with great flourish how and why they would have won Survivor 41 if only they had not been blindsided at Tribal. I try to remind players that not winning does not mean they're not a great player. It can feel that way because every player envisions their path to victory and they're often disappointed if they fall short.

All you can do on Survivor is make what you think is your best move in the moment. If you're right, you survive; if you're wrong, you're out. Liana's Knowledge Is Power is a great example. You can say she misplayed it, but the other way to frame it is that she made what she thought was her best move. The move was wrong, but the game play was right.

Why send these poor bastards to a whole new island to start over right as they get to the final homestretch?

A big part of the game design for Survivor 41 was to do our best to make 26 days feel like 39 days. So, we stripped away their food, pulled way back on the rewards, gave them only meager tools and then created as much danger and uncertainty as we could.

The last twist was forcing the final five to start over again, knowing they were already on fumes. We wanted them to feel that they got their money's worth! And as you'll hear in the Survivor After Show, there isn't a single player who didn't feel 26 days was plenty!

What was it like going back to a full on-location vote and winner reveal, which you have not done since all the way back in season 1?

It was a really fun moment for me. After the last jury member voted, I looked over at the final three and then over to the jury and said, "I'll go get the votes." I knew that as I walked away, they were all naturally assuming we were going to do the finale back in Los Angeles months from now. Just like always.

I got back to my little booth in the jungle where I check the votes and the first thing I did was look at the votes to see who had won! It was a cool moment, because normally I don't look at the final votes at all. So I savored it, appreciating that Survivor 41 had a winner and that I was about to walk back out and declare a winner in front of the players for the first time in over 20 years. I put the votes in order and then headed back to the players.

I could barely contain my smile as I sat the urn down and said, "Guess what…?!" Their reactions were fantastic. Huge smiles. Everybody was excited. And then without any fanfare, I read the votes. It was so quiet. We're used to the live finale where thousands of fans and family members are screaming with each vote read. Not this time. It was very fun and very dramatic in large part due to its simplicity.

And then, immediately following the reading of the votes, we blew their minds again by announcing we were going to do something brand new called the Survivor After Show. And for the next hour, we ate pizza, drank champagne and had a fun, candid conversation with the final three and the jury about the entire season. They were still in game-mode so the conversation was raw and pure. I really enjoyed it and I think fans will too.

I have to say, the highlight of Survivor 41 for me has been the players. I had such excitement and joy every day I saw them. I hope they felt that from me. I was genuinely enthused to see them and watch them play. We spent a lot of time putting this group together and they really delivered. Of course, it was difficult, that is part of the design. Survivor is built to push players far beyond their comfort zone. That includes physically, intellectually, and emotionally. Otherwise, it's not worth it.

We don't design the game to trick players, we design the game to test players. It's their response to the conditions of the game that we love watching! I know the players were shocked at the intensity of the new game design and that was our intention. This was a complete rebirth and we wanted them to be completely off-balance and uncertain from the opening minutes to the final moments. And remember, when we shot Survivor 42, those players had not seen anything of Survivor 41, so we had the same goal with them.

The Survivor 41 finale airs Wednesday at 8 p.m. ET/PT on CBS.

12-15-21, 04:58 PM (EST)
9. "The Survivor 41 final five speak!"
The Survivor 41 final five speak!
Ricard, Erika, Xander, Deshawn, and Heather tell EW all about their first 23 days in the game.

December 15, 2021 at 10:00 AM EST
By Dalton Ross
http://ew.com/tv/survivor-41-finale-final-five-ricard-erika-xander-deshawn-heather-interview/

They have said all the right things to make it to day 24 and finale night on Survivor 41. But before a winner is crowned tonight on CBS, we asked the final five — Ricard Foyé, Erika Casupanan, Xander Hastings, Deshawn Radden, and Heather Aldret — to look back at their first 23 days in the game. What are the moves they are most proud to have made? What were their favorite non-game moments? And, on the flip side, when were they at their absolute lowest? We asked the final five contestants all that and more, and they delivered plenty of intel and insight on what has transpired so far in the game. (Also make sure to check out our interview with the jury as well as Jeff Probst previewing the show's first immediate winner reveal since season 1.)

What is the move you were most proud of in the first 23 days?

RICARD FOYÉ: As hard as it may have been, the move I am most proud of my first 23 days in the game is the Shan Plan. I feel I was able to compartmentalize strategy from emotion and do the necessary move with the circumstances presented to me. Specifically, the move to not just tell DeShawn it was the right time to take out a threat, but specifically to show the cracks in his alliance and make him question his trust in order to join in with the plan wholeheartedly at a time when he and I had no trust or relationship.

ERIKA CASUPANAN: We didn't see this on the show, but I'm really proud of my role in putting together the alliance of underdogs that have since taken control of the game. The groundwork to pull this alliance together happened earlier than what you saw on the show. It was clear that people felt like they were being told what to do or left out completely. They wanted to feel agency and control.

I saw that the opportunity was with the people on the bottom. I identified certain people who I knew wanted more control and positioned myself as an ally that they can have agency with. I've never had any ego about wanting to look like the best, so I was trying to make people feel like with me they do have control! Heather and I became close when it was extremely evident that we were on the bottom of Luvu. Ricard and I had been building a relationship since we merged and talked about how we wanted to create the circumstances to work together. This is why, before the Naseer vote, I wasn't entertaining plans to target Ricard. The Naseer vote was an important moment to build trust.

During that infamous moment when the alliance of four walked off and left Xander and I on the beach, the two of us had an important conversation about how we needed to work together to change our position in the game. Most things that happen in Survivor aren't instant. I exercised patience, and when this group of four fully formed it felt pretty natural. When we got together, well, you've seen what happened! When I was hustling to make the 3-3-2 split vote happen, I wasn't just trying to save my #####, I was actually trying to protect my entire alliance.

XANDER HASTINGS: I'm most proud of using the extra vote to secure an alliance and keep Ricard in as my shield at a critical F7 vote, giving me the best path to the end. To strong-arm the vote, I told Erika that I was playing the extra vote and would go to rocks so she would vote my way to avoid a tie. The whole game, I had been fighting to minimize my threat level and boost people's egos. But while I could always whisper in people's ears that it would be better to take someone else out before me and overpromise playing my advantages for them, I never had the numbers on my side to run the game.

At F7, I saw an opportunity for a strong alliance I was sure wouldn't turn (unlike my previous alliances). The wildcard was Erika, because she's smart enough to not let me take control. She came to me and said that she thought this was our only shot to take out Ricard, but I argued it would be Danny, Deshawn, and Liana's move for flipping us, when we could just Pagong them and take out Ricard when he inevitably loses a challenge.

I needed a move on my résumé that was exclusively mine because people are cast for their big egos; in any move involving multiple people, everyone thinks it's their move. This was my move and mine alone, and if it played out the way I predicted, it would get me to the end because there would never be enough numbers against me if Heather and Ricard were solidly with me.

DESHAWN RADDEN: There were a lot of things I was proud of that didn't make the cut. But from what was shown, I am most proud of taking out Evvie. Maybe it wasn't super clear, but Evvie was a huge threat and would've won had they gotten to the end. During their vote out, it felt like I really sold Evvie and Xander that I would vote with them to ensure that Xander didn't play his idol for her.

So, being the swing in that vote was awesome because I got to show what I could do socially but also take out one of the biggest threats in the game. Ironically, like everything else I did out there, it may have been a catalyst for the tough situation I found myself in thereafter. But what can you do, right? It was either keep the threat in who gives me more options or take the shot. And as we've seen, that impulsive voice in my head was always saying, "Take the shot!"

HEATHER ALDRET: I was on the right side of each vote for the first 23 days. Having to vote off people I really liked, to further my game, was more difficult than I anticipated. It's not easy doing that. It does take some finesse to be in the know and be a part of the plan and execute it.

What was your favorite non-game interaction you had with someone out there over your first 23 days?

RICARD FOYÉ: That's a hard question, since two moments stand out. There was a morning after merge where Tiffany and I were laying in the shelter just joking and talking about life for hours, and I cannot remember a time I laughed more hysterically in the game. Also, back on my original camp for Ua, Shan and I went searching for a specific type of coconut that was deep in the cut and up a tree… she stripped down out of her overalls that I then put on to hack through with the machete and climbed the tree to get those damn coconuts. Me doing any of this is a complete disaster. Shan and I truly had so much fun in this game together.

ERIKA CASUPANAN: A very special moment was returning to the old Luvu/merge beach after being exiled. I'm not sure how evident it is to the audience that Heather and I were very close in the game. We're so different on paper, yet built such an unexpected and real friendship. When I got back to the beach, Heather gave me a long, warm hug. She told me she missed me and was proud of me. I could see in her eyes she was beaming like a proud mom and had the distress of someone who knew their friend had just gone through some s---. After an experience as tough as exile, it was so meaningful to share a moment with someone who I knew truly loved and cared about me. In a game as crazy as Survivor, it was the greatest gift to know that someone genuinely cared about me out there.

XANDER HASTINGS: My favorite non-game interaction during the game was with Ricard. Our relationship formed when both of us stepped down for rice for the tribe, making ourselves vulnerable, and we bonded before Tribal that night for "putting the game on pause" and hugged watching the sun go down in fear that it might be one of our last nights on the island (likely mine). From then on, we became very close and would sleep in the same corner of the shelter where the tarp didn't stop the rain. One night he was shivering so I took my cardigan and pulled it over him to use my body heat to keep him warm. The next morning, he told me he's never met a straight man that looked like me who was as comfortable as I was around him. I explained that anyone truly comfortable in their sexuality wouldn't be bothered by someone else's, and I stand by that belief.

DESHAWN RADDEN: My favorite non-game related interactions were of moments I had with Heather, Erika and Sydney individually. With Heather, she's this older woman from SC who has probably rarely been around someone like me. And despite that, we just clicked. I would often teach her the "young kids slang" and she would teach me her "older folks phrases." We laughed so much and it was unique because she had her moments of conflict with other people, but something about us just meshed well. Very Malcolm and Denise of us, but like the hated version, haha.

With Erika, I had just felt like she was genuine when we spoke about personal stuff. All of the talks we had about our families and background and culture really made the pre-merge worthwhile, I loved it. It was one of those relationships that was so up and down because I felt conflicted about her. I knew she was an amazing human who I wanted to be friends with for life, but at the same time someone who I felt like I couldn't trust game-wise. Definitely made for an interesting dynamic. Loved the pre-merge trio of Me-Erika-Heather nonetheless. And honorable mention to Sydney who is the funniest person I met out there. She's absolutely hilarious.

HEATHER ALDRET: I had many but these stay with me…. There is something quite magical about sharing intimate silent moments with others out there. Just being and watching as the sun would slowly creep above the horizon was a shared small victory. Another sunrise, safe another day.

In the evenings, shortly after the sun would go down and we were all gathered in the shelter, like clockwork, Erika would lead by asking, "So what are you having for dinner tonight?" Going around in a circle, one by one we would share our preferred full course meal sequence, carefully choosing the most foodie-rich adjectives we could think of — making sure to realllllly emphasize every tiny detail down to the cut of beef, how many garlic cloves and if the beans were to be steamed or seared.

Most were three course choices, starting with the light plate description, continuing with richer dishes, and finishing off with the perfect dessert sampling. My dinner choice was a constant of shrimp and grits served with a freshly baked crusty bread loaf with drawn garlic butter to drizzle. Danny's was a perfectly charred steak choice and once a stuffed cabbage/sausage dish…mouthwatering.

Ricard's nightly descriptions were nothing short of a perfectly executed visual entree straight from the Joy of Cooking. Truly. Every. Time. Deshawn's perfectly described Cheez-It... "a lightly toasted one inch square puffed pillow of cheese, perfectly salted, with a centered tiny hole". Yes. Basic snacks were no longer basic. The "frozen chocolate cake" to end all other cakes that Erika spoke of nightly, I still dream about. Simple shared moments.

What was your lowest moment out there over the first 23 days?

RICARD FOYÉ: What didn't make the edit was a video message from home during the Pizza Under the Stars reward. Shan, Heather, Xander and myself got to briefly see a prerecorded message from home that was very unexpected. I knew it wasn't likely for a family visit with Covid, but hoped for maybe a Zoom call. Seeing this video just made it very hard to focus the rest of the night, feeling the confirmation that we would have no real contact with home, not making it necessary for the families to know we were still in the game.

ERIKA CASUPANAN: It's a no-brainer that exile was rough. How can it not be? My old tribe decided to cast me off to leave the game for two days, live on an island alone, and spend both nights in the pouring rain. It poured rain the entire first night. The second night would pour rain on and off. It was actually even worse because my clothes would be soaked through and when the rain stopped I'd just be sitting there with the cold ocean breeze hitting me and my wet clothes. Here's a surprise for you though: exile wasn't when I felt the lowest. There were times when I felt lower that have yet to be seen...

XANDER HASTINGS: The split Tribal was such a great opportunity to shift the balance of the game in my favor; I had individual immunity, an idol, an extra vote, Evvie on my side, and Deshawn willing to work with me. I told Evvie my plan: get Liana to weaken Shan, but get Deshawn if Shan is gone. At the time, the two major players were Deshawn and Shan. Deshawn had Heather, Danny, and Naseer as loyal numbers and Shan had Ricard and Liana, so it made sense to get Liana unless Shan went home in the first Tribal.

The stars had aligned for Evvie and me, after being on the bottom all post-merge — but Evvie went right to Deshawn to tell him I would write his name down if Shan went home, and he understandably no longer wanted to work with us and voted Evvie out. That night after Tribal, I curled up in the shelter, feeling so alone — it was rock bottom. Even though my trust in Evvie was on its last limb at that point, it stung so much to know Evvie'd betray me after I had saved them (Evvie) by bluffing my idol at the merge episode.

Evvie is a fantastic person, but wasn't a great ally to me, and I'm glad I was wise enough not to play any advantages for them. It hurt to lose my last "ally," miss a great opportunity to make a power move, and get stabbed in the back by someone I was trying to help.

DESHAWN RADDEN: My lowest moment in the game actually provided me the most healing outside of the game, and that was my breakdown at the final seven tribal. At that moment, I felt the weight of the world on my heart, truly, and I broke down. And in my mind, the game was no longer a concern, I just felt so conflicted and confused.

Watching it back, though, made me realize that there is strength in vulnerability and there's also value in even having such a hard conversation on national TV. The fans helped me understand that. And now I'm no longer afraid of the "cry baby" label or the "emotional" label because I realize being vulnerable isn't so bad when it can help even one other person be okay with sharing their emotions too. It's healing for everyone. We aren't robots, so it's okay to not be okay sometimes.

HEATHER ALDRET: My epic reward challenge failure tops the chart of my lowest moment's on Fiji for sure. Yes, I lived my worst nightmare out there that day. It was awful. I let my team down. I let myself down. No, I was not proud of myself.

Finally, channel your inner goats, butterflies, and broccoli and come up with a wacky, nonsensical phrase that future Survivor players will have to say to get an immunity idol.

RICARD FOYÉ: My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.

ERIKA CASUPANAN: Fried urchins can become sweet.

XANDER HASTINGS: I truly believe that llamas are just Tony saying hi.

DESHAWN RADDEN: Love this. I would pull some inspiration from my own gameplay and poke fun at it by making the phrase go, "Don't worry about whether we will do or die, eventually a truth bomb will fall from the sky and kill us anyway."

HEATHER ALDRET: A toasted one-inch square puffed pillow of cheese is a choice.
Opossums' pleasures are shared meaningful moments.
Heather is besties with Waldo.
Starfish are the scholars of the fisherman.
Rainbows determine the future of our collective goals.
There was a Heather on season 41? Who?
Jello movement increases stamina.
The Victory Garden houses America's best.
Brides choose raisins over tamales every time.
Well-maintained trapezoids require proper transportation.
Magic dust is essential for survival.
One-winged brown birds are sacred.

12-15-21, 05:20 PM (EST)
10. "Jeff Probst on Which New Twists Will Return and One Final Curveball"
POSTED ONDECEMBER 15, 2021 BY GORDON HOLMES
“Survivor 41” Host Jeff Probst on Which New Twists Will Return and One Final Curveball
http://ed.xfinity.com/tv/survivor-41-host-jeff-probst-on-which-new-twists-will-return-and-one-final-curveball/

IMPORTANT: XFINITY.com is the place to be for “Survivor 41” interviews, recaps, Power Rankings with Kaoh Rong champion Michele Fitzgerald, and more! Follow me on Twitter (@GordonHolmes) for all of the goodness…

We had a chance to check in with the man behind the monster, “Survivor 41” host and executive producer Jeff Probst in the days heading up to the season finale. Let’s see what he had to say about this unique season, the megaton of twists, and the decision to crown a winner on the island…

Gordon Holmes: You promised a monster of a season for 41, and you clearly delivered with a ton of new advantages and gameplay mechanics. Now that you’ve seen everything in action, how does this bode for upcoming seasons? Do you pull back or press the pedal to the floor?

Jeff Probst: Well, when we began designing this new dangerous version of “Survivor” we had one goal in mind – let’s really have fun and expand the “Survivor” box in terms of what is possible. What can we do that we haven’t done before? Which direction can we head that they won’t anticipate? “Survivor” has always been a gritty, raw, unpredictable, high-stakes competition with an emphasis on human behavior. So every twist we do comes from that point of view – how will the players respond?

Once we had our new menu of advantages and twists we had another big decision to make – when, where, and how do we introduce them into the game? Here’s how that works. Before the game begins, we have a big blank white board with a section for every episode. We make a nice hot pot of coffee and start placing different advantages and twists in various episodes. You continue to move things around until slowly the season begins to take shape. In previous seasons of “Survivor,” we would only introduce one or two new twists or advantages in any given season. The big moment in the design of “Survivor 41” came when we realized that the way to change the game in a massive way would be to overload them with everything. All in one season. So that’s what we did.

Future players now have a new understanding of the game and that will give us the flexibility to go any direction we want in terms of what goes into the game and when, because now players know to expect the unexpected. That uncertainty is essential to any season of “Survivor.”

Holmes: What’s the reaction been like to this mega blast of twists?

Probst: We have never gotten so much feedback for any season…ever…and it’s all over the map in a really great way! I love that fans and players have had such a passionate reaction!

Some people hate the new twists, but love that we took away their food. Others think we’re cruel for not giving them food but love the new twists. The night of the “Change History” twist I got texts ranging from “Whoa! That’s so wrong! These players must hate you!” to “I love this twist! I hope Erika changes history!”

I’ve also gotten lots of opinions on me talking directly to camera and our occasional behind the scenes shots – some like the insight, others think it’s too much. Oh and lots of people hate my covid hair. So there’s also that.

I definitely understand that there are lots of ways to produce “Survivor.” And if you had another team doing this show it would be totally different. New twists are designed to throw players and fans for a loop. We know fans enjoy playing along from home by asking themselves “What would I do in this situation?” But you can only get those moments from introducing new ideas and new ideas can seem complicated at first glance.

It’s the same for us from a producing standpoint. In fact, one of the ways we know we’re onto an interesting twist is when it requires us to s-l-o-w-l-y walk through every layer of the idea and follow every tentacle to see all the ways the twist might impact the game.

“Survivor” has a history of some big, bold and often controversial ideas. But they’re only controversial because we have fans who care deeply about the show. Nothing makes me happier than a response. There isn’t a single twist, advantage, or theme that has been universally loved. There are still fans who hate immunity idols. I get it. They have a strong opinion about how “Survivor” should be played.

I will share that a lot of former players were hinting strongly that the show was becoming easy to predict in terms of what, when, and where things were most likely to happen. We listened and we agreed. In response, we promised a new unpredictable season and that’s what we endeavored to deliver!

Holmes: A concern I have is that explaining all of these twists is taking away from getting to see the players interact with each other.

Probst: The single most surprising reaction to me regarding “Survivor 41” is from fans and players who say it takes away from the social game. That is definitely not how we see it. The more dangerous and unpredictable the game, the more solid your social relationships have to be. Just ask Deshawn. If he felt comfortable in his alliance he would have never participated in the Do Or Die immunity challenge. When there is uncertainty you are forced to rely on your relationships. The more uncertainty the more relationships you need. “Are we good? Am I in trouble?” Players who do not understand this are doomed to fail.

As for the future, it’s way too early to draw any conclusions about this new dangerous version. We’re just getting started. More fun to come when “Survivor 42” premieres in the Spring… and remember, when we shot “Survivor 42” they had not seen anything from “Survivor 41,” so they were coming in just as blind as the players from this season.

Holmes: By my count we’ve got nine pretty major twists that were unveiled this season…

• Earning Your Flint
  • Prisoner’s Dilemma
  • The Beware Advantage – Triple Immunity Idol Activation Quotes
  • Shot in the Dark Die
  • Earn Your Way into the Merge
  • Hourglass
  • Do or Die
  • Knowledge Is Power
  • Final Five Being Sent to a New Island

How likely are we to see them again?

Probst: I think most everything on this list will remain a part of the future of Survivor in one way or another.

For instance, the Shot In The Dark is a really interesting format twist from a gameplay point of view. But it’s still in its infancy in terms of players learning when and how best to utilize it. I don’t ever anticipate it being used a lot because the price tag (you can’t vote) is very high. But the mere threat that it might be used is where its power comes from because it impacts the behavior and actions of the other players.

The Beware Advantage is another twist that is very new and offers lots of potential. The idea at the core of any Beware Advantage is simple: it comes with risk. In the old version of “Survivor” if you looked hard you might find an advantage and that was all you had to do. You had power. Not anymore! Now there is massive risk for anything you earn. So, if you want the reward you have to take the risk. As we saw with Genie this season, the fear is real. The risk of losing her vote was too high so she didn’t take it. Shan was in a better spot with her social game so the risk didn’t feel as big to her so she grabbed it. We have lots of ideas about how to use Beware Advantages in the future.

The big picture idea of “earning everything” whether it’s flint, the merge, or an advantage will definitely remain for the near future. And for the more controversial twists like Change History and Do Or Die… it remains to be seen!

Holmes: Heading into the finale, I’m ranking the players in this order (meaning, each person will likely beat everyone below them).

• Ricard
  • Deshawn
  • Erika
  • Xander
  • Heather
I know we’ve got a lot of game left to play, but based on how things look headed into the Wednesday’s show, how do you think I’m doing?

Probst: It’s a fun way to approach the final five and I respect it because there is no hiding who you think has played a strong game and a weak game. And I know from your past predictions that you’re pretty good at this!

Holmes: That’s debatable.

Probst: One thing I’ve learned over the many years of “Survivor” is that I am a terrible predictor of who is going to win. I think I’ve picked just one winner correctly and that was Wendell. Another thing I’ve learned is that with rare exceptions, every single player firmly believes that if they can get to the final three, they can win the game. They don’t always admit it, but I know from our interviews that they believe it. So I look at your list from the point of view of the players. I’m certain Ricard is saying ‘You’re damn right!” And Heather is saying “Really… nobody?”

But I will say this – if you make it 23 days in this new version of “Survivor,” then you have earned it, regardless where you finish.

I also have to say that I loved this group of players. I love everything about them. They took on a totally new game and they attacked it. “Survivor 41” was one of the most difficult, unpredictable, and fast paced games we’ve ever played.

This group of players launched us into a new era of “Survivor.” I mean come on, when was the last time we had this many new, memorable, dynamic and likable players in one season? I think it’s easy to take players for granted but I never do. I have such respect for anyone brave enough to take on this adventure and let us watch them do it. And then they have to deal with all the noise on social media with people criticizing everything from the way they talk or the color of their shirt. It’s not an easy journey but they do it because the experience speaks to something in their soul.

Holmes: And one last twist…the final votes are going to be read on the island! The last time this happened it was because of a tie vote. What encouraged you to do it again?

Probst: The decision to read the votes in the jungle was one of the few changes of “Survivor 41” that was not a creative decision. We had to make the decision way back in April when we were in production. At that time there was still major uncertainty with Covid.

We couldn’t be sure that we would be able to get a stage and bring in a big audience for our normal live finale. And as much fun as I had doing the “Winners At War” finale from my garage, (all of it powered by only two ethernet cables) we didn’t want to do that again!

Once we made the decision, we got very excited at the prospect and the risk of revealing the winner in the jungle. Then we realized we could also do something we’d never done before – a “Survivor After Show” that would allow us to have a really candid conversation with the players while they were still in game mode.

So, as you’ll see in the finale, we brought in champagne and pizza and had a really honest, open and fun conversation with the final three and the jury. I loved it!

Don’t miss the season finale of “Survivor 41,” Wednesday, December 15, 2021 at 8 p.m. ET on CBS!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •