The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Season Premiere"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

michel2 4059 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-05-20, 09:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Season Premiere"
I'm watching a special on SeeBS about the 40 seasons of Survivor and just saw that the premiere of Survivor: Winners at War is on February 12. That's next week which is pretty early considering we've had march premieres.

Just to show how disconnected Probst is from the old time viewers, the first 25 minutes of the show have all been about surprise twist and hidden idols instead of the people. Ok, there was a brief moment about Romber but that was about it.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Season Premiere sj007 02-07-20 1
   RE: Season Premiere michel2 02-08-20 2
 RE: Season Premiere Flowerpower1 02-09-20 3
   RE: Season Premiere michel2 02-09-20 4
       RE: Season Premiere sj007 02-12-20 5
           RE: Season Premiere Flowerpower1 02-12-20 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

sj007 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-07-20, 00:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sj007 Click to send private message to sj007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Season Premiere"
If they have their usual overabundance of idols and twists then they will probably ruin this all star season which has potential to be very good. It makes me wonder what kind of bubble Probst and team live in where they still think it's a good idea with all these idols and stuff. I don't know what the ratings are but I'm willing to bet Survivor ratings have gone done every year. They really have ruined the game. I would never play Survivor but at least in the earlier seasons I would be able to play with those people. Back then you could build relationships and trust and alliances with the right people. You can't trust anyone now, even a so called ally. Also back then you had people who understood that keeping your tribe strong pre-merge meant you didn't go to tribal council and that meant you could establish a majority when it came to the merge. Keeping your tribe strong means keeping people who are good at immunity challenges. I don't understand players who vote out the strongest athletic players to weaken their own team. Those players aren't the real threats. The real threats are the strategists who are voting out the athletic types to benefit themselves. I had my hopes high for this upcoming season but I'm sure Probst and company will ##### it up with unnecessary idols and twists.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

02-08-20, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Season Premiere"
I understand how you feel but I want to point out that, even in the first seasons, it was never a good idea to trust alliances with "the right people" and keeping your tribe strong was not always the better option.

Take Survivor 2 for example: On the very first day, Tina and Colby aligned with Jerry and Mitchell, picking Lamber as their 5th. They had no problem booting Kel, probably their strongest member, on their second vote. Then Tina turned on Jerry and Mitchell and booted the latter on their next vote. It worked fairly well for Tina.

Survivor has always been a game of playing with everyone and against everyone at the same time.

Flowerpower1 3975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-09-20, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower1 Click to send private message to Flowerpower1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Season Premiere"
Hello michel! So happy to see this thread! I, for one, am psyched for this season. I just can't wait to see these winners go after it and each other. Yes, there will be some crazy twists, and what is this about some kind of token awarded to be used in exchange for advantages? Ugh.

I just hope the pre-game associations don't play out and that most will keep an open mind and work with what they are presented with.

It seems that all of Boston Rob's buddies; Amber, Tyson, Sandra are all on the opposing tribe.

Here are the tribes:
DAKAL RED : Tony, Wendell, Tyson, Yul, Nick, Sarah, Sandra, Kim, Amber, Sophie.

SELE, BLUE: Jeremy, Ben, Adam, Boston Rob, Ethan, Natalie, Parvati, Michelle, Denise, and Danni.

The old school players could be at a serious disadvantage as they are the "legends" of the game just by the virtue of winning earlier and having all of the younger generations be in reverence of them. Whereas the younger generations are probably more equipped and certainly could be younger, fitter and more in tune with how the game has evolved.

Certainly with 2 million dollars on the line this time there is more motivation than ever...

Pre-game alliances or pre-game associations include: Sarah and Tony who are on the same tribe. Tyson is so darn funny in the interviews, it could work to disarm him as a serious threat. Certainly Boston Rob and Ethan are associated. There are a lot of associations from Heroes and Villains.

Almost too many to consider. I'm just very excited to get this season started! Twists be damned!

02-09-20, 05:19 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Season Premiere"
I can't help but think how much better it would have been with Brian and Chris in place of the very bland Nick and Adam.

Hatch was furious in an interview about S40. He said he was asked but was cut last minute. He said it was because of the sexual harassment that we witnessed last season and he made an interesting point: Who forced two young women to strip naked for PB if not Probst himself? I certainly hope Probst doesn't ruin this season but I have a feeling he will.

sj007 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-12-20, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sj007 Click to send private message to sj007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Season Premiere"
I definitely oversimplified things in my last rant lol. The game can be complicated but people make it over complicated for no reason. Bottom line if you keep your tribe strong and winning challenges you're not going to tribal. Of course swaps and dumb twists put a kink in that. Couple of thoughts about this season. I said before this has potential to be one of the great seasons. With that said what kind of deals were made with players before they even went out there to play? Apparently deals have been made before prior seasons that we're not aware of. Are these dumb twists and advantages going to influence the game negatively. Probably. In that sense it may come down to ##### luck and who is the nicest person left that the jury wants to give the money to. I think these pregame alliances will be huge. And we won't be aware of them.

Flowerpower1 3975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-12-20, 08:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower1 Click to send private message to Flowerpower1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Season Premiere"
Yes, pre-game alliances have been around for a long time with veterans. No way around it. But, let's face it, this season is going to be as good as it gets. These people all know the game and know how to play it, twists or no twists.

I listened to the post premier pod cast from RHAP, and Jiffy says, yes I know he always hypes, this season the greats DELIVER. I know they will. Personally, I think the "icons", such as Robfadda, Sandra, Ethan, Parvati, Tony will have larger targets on their backs. I bet we will see some serious game play, at least I hope.

I think the folks that may have the best chances at this game are those that were not really as involved in the post game shenanigans....Danni, Yul, Ben, Nick, Denise, Sarah.

Then, there are the middle of the road group....could go either way.

Whatever, I am stoked for this season and have my exceptions set pretty high!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •