The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S39|Ep 12 or 13?|East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower1 3975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

12-11-19, 08:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower1 Click to send private message to Flowerpower1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S39|Ep 12 or 13?|East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Please keep all commentary regarding the episode airing tonight, 12/11, in this thread until the show has aired in its entirety on the West Coast. And, have PHUN!
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Here we gooooo..... Flowerpower1 12-11-19 1
   Janet needed to keep the idol to he... Chez 12-11-19 12
       RE: Janet needed to keep the idol t... Flowerpower1 12-13-19 24
 Janet finds the idol. SOL Elaine. Flowerpower1 12-11-19 2
 Deans advantage: Idol nullifier... Flowerpower1 12-11-19 3
 DEan wins IC Flowerpower1 12-11-19 4
 Vote tally.... Flowerpower1 12-11-19 5
   Another Opportunity Wasted michel2 12-11-19 14
       Agreed... Flowerpower1 12-13-19 25
 Dan removed from game, not on jury ... Flowerpower1 12-11-19 6
   Dan is a creep.... Flowerpower1 12-11-19 7
       RE: Dan is a creep.... PepeLePew13 12-11-19 8
           RE: Dan is a creep.... michel2 12-11-19 10
   RE: Dan removed from game, not on j... Chez 12-11-19 9
       RE: Dan removed from game, not on j... CTgirl 12-11-19 11
           Jeff Varner FB post Sheldor 12-11-19 13
               Kellee Kim Tweet Sheldor 12-11-19 15
                   Jeff Probst talks about first... Sheldor 12-11-19 16
                   RE: Kellee Kim Tweet PepeLePew13 12-12-19 17
                       PEOPLE Dan Spilo 'Removed' from Gam... Sheldor 12-12-19 18
                           PEOPLE Dan Spilo Was 'Removed' from... Sheldor 12-12-19 19
                               RE: PEOPLE Dan Spilo Was 'Removed' ... michel2 12-12-19 20
                                   RE: PEOPLE Dan Spilo Was 'Removed' ... PepeLePew13 12-12-19 21
                                       RE: PEOPLE Dan Spilo Was 'Removed' ... michel2 12-12-19 22
                                           RE: PEOPLE Dan Spilo Was 'Removed' ... PepeLePew13 12-12-19 23
                                               RE: PEOPLE Dan Spilo Was 'Removed' ... michel2 12-13-19 27
                                                   RE: PEOPLE Dan Spilo Was 'Removed' ... PepeLePew13 12-13-19 28
                                                       RE: PEOPLE Dan Spilo Was 'Removed' ... michel2 12-13-19 30
                                                           RE: PEOPLE Dan Spilo Was 'Removed' ... PepeLePew13 12-13-19 32
                                                               RE: PEOPLE Dan Spilo Was 'Removed' ... michel2 12-13-19 34
                                   RE: PEOPLE Dan Spilo Was 'Removed' ... Flowerpower1 12-13-19 26
                                       RE: PEOPLE Dan Spilo Was 'Removed' ... PepeLePew13 12-13-19 29
 RE: S39|Ep 12 or 13?|East Coast Spo... PepeLePew13 12-13-19 31
   RE: S39|Ep 12 or 13?|East Coast Spo... michel2 12-13-19 33
 RE: S39|Ep 12 or 13?|East Coast Spo... PepeLePew13 12-16-19 35
   RE: S39|Ep 12 or 13?|East Coast Spo... michel2 12-16-19 36
 Jeff Varner's take on the "Incident... michel2 12-20-19 37

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

12-11-19, 09:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower1 Click to send private message to Flowerpower1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Here we gooooo....."
Tommy: TC was crazy, no body told me, and then Dean told me, he saved my game...he's such a baby...the people we were supposed to trust lied to us all day long....

Noura says she is telling you I was never going to put your name down, Dean is sick in the head....

Tommy: Now Noura in my head

Noura: Dean messed up the whole plan, everyone thinks it's my faulty...she hides hhis prize pair of shoes, so she hides them....give him something alnnoying, put them at the top of the flag a place that he can't reach cause I am taller then him...his souls were sitting up top and next to go......

Day 33 AM...Elaine and Dean get up to find the idol. lEalaine, got to be here to fight another day...find a needle in a hay stack or I go home...

See Janet get up and she's waking Tommy up for the idol hunt...Everyone is idol marching, I want to get it before them all...I found one before I know what I a looking for....see them all looking and Janet finds it. Christmais morning as a 9 year old, last time she can use is when 5 players remaining in the game. Can you imagine me winning, it's like it could happen.

see Elaine and Dean.we could be out here for hours....Dean sees them, Janet showing him the idol...Dean says that we followed Janet and Tommy, I think they found it. Knowledge and info has the most power in this game so knowing that puts me in a good spot.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Chez 775 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-11-19, 10:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Janet needed to keep the idol to herself"
.............or at least to have been more discreet in showing it to Tommy. Then Dean would not have seen it, and most likely would not have chosen the Idol Nullifier prize at IOI. Then Janet would have a clear path to Final Four. Considering how good she is at making fire, she would very likely have made it to Final Three.

As things stand it looks like Janet is the next one to go.

12-13-19, 10:05 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Janet needed to keep the idol to herself"
As things stand it looks like Janet is the next one to go.

Agreed.

Her own fault. Didn't need to share with Tommy. And, certainly didn't need to show him just because he wanted to see it.

12-11-19, 09:20 PM (EST)
2. "Janet finds the idol. SOL Elaine."
Crazy Noura is spinning.

Elaine loves that Noura is a crazy woman

see them on the beach. Because Noura is the crazy one, these people are coming after me so I have to make moves to get myself to the end.

See her talking with Lauren about Tommy. My personal opinion is that they will make you make fire.
Lauren: I trust Tommy and Dan but Elaine is making sense. Her advice prompts me to ask more questions.

Lauren tells Tommy that Dean wants to go with finals with Tommy...Tommy says we can't have Janet in final 4....I told Lauren that she'an amazing person and I will go to F3 with her, but I can't, she's too good. She will win the game. So Tommy Dean and Dan make a pact with each other F3.
Dan that is the f3 for me....get rid of Lauren

Janet gets the bag for I of the I's....draw a name and that person must come immediately...Dean.

Dean: sometimes this game is left up to chance, and it's me....could be last trip to I of the I's something is finally coming my way and it feels really really good

see Rawb snorkeling and fishing. He loves S. feels like home, so many times over the past 2 decades, it's like riding a bike and I 'm back on.

DEan: so excited to go here, if I can get advantage to ge the to F3, I'm psyched. See Rob and Sandra...felt like your childhood idols want their autographs. offers him so fish...how has the game been for you....I backed out of the blindside, leave the other two on the outs...Sandra and Rob had to keep a straight face as he shows them the fake advantage. Rob: Dean, it's never a good idea to put votes on yourself, even if you had a read advantage.

Rob tells him his lesson is about jury management, can you tell a story to the jury so that they believe and give you the million dollars. It's how you get there and can you story tell, make your moves known, tell the story in a way that makes them feel like you played the game the best, differentiate yourself. If you are willing to wager your vote, can have a choice of 3 advantages. Extra vote, idol nullifier, or an HII that has to be used on someone else at the next TC. This is a coin flip, 50/50 that he will win or lose. Is he willing to take a chance....tell the jury this chance....they think that Janet found the idol, leaning toward the idol nullifier....he will do it, why not....risking his vote on a coin flip....lets do it. Coin says yes or no....YES. He wins it. He chooses the idol nullifier.

Rob tells him it could be the difference in swaying a jury vote. Awesome to have this opportunity.

Figure out how each one will react...I have an advantage for a million.

12-11-19, 09:31 PM (EST)
3. "Deans advantage: Idol nullifier..."
And, he knows that Janet has an idol. Hmmmm?

dEan returns....definitely a little nervous, to answer what happened, need to be crafty. A gae of chance flip coin, between a extra vote and chose to play and flipped it and it said no. Told coin flip and he lost. He wants to tell the people that he is working with that he has an idol nullifier. Tells Dan, Tommy....Tommy says tbh, I thought Dean was a goat, he doesn't talk but at this point her has legacy advantage and idol nullifier. Lauren is there too. Tommy says it made me think that Dean is more of a player than I thought so maybe he's gotta go.

Tommy is the dictator now?

Challenge: Day 35.

spin to unravel rope, collect puzzle piece than solve word puzzle. winner gets 1 in 6 shot.

Tommy is flying...Elaine moving quickly....get there as fast as you can...Elaine goes down, dan down, noura down....everyone struggles with dizzy. then go to balance beam....they are staying still to get across beam...dEan is in lead, then Noura...Lauren is over, and dan is over, then tommy, elaine, janet. all working on puzzle. 7 word phrase.
Elaine has it but she doesn't know it....Dean wins. Cause Elaine was way to slow....Elaine had it first but couldn't figure how to switch the letters around.

Elaine gets the confessional of death, she's voting for Noura.

12-11-19, 09:51 PM (EST)
4. "DEan wins IC"
Elaine is nervous. Elaine: Dean mr shiesty himself, they will not em out, I am not going to quit, maybe I can get her to make a move and use me talking with Lauren.

They all want to put all their votes on Elaine. Plan a is to get Elaine out, but put enough votes on Noura so if any idol is played Noura goes home., says Tommy

Lauren: everyone votes elaine but dan, he votes Noura. But Lauren is still worried about the guys.

Lauren: tonight is one of the last ties that I can control a vote, only bring people to the end that you feel you can beat. If Janet myself and Elaine decide to vote Noura, and dan is voting Noura, then she will go. Do I want to be a survivor player that lays low or do I want to make moves like Sandra. ...

Janet: Noura does all this scheming because I want to be at final 3, and I want to be there, Elaine can start fire more than I can, she's likable, that's tricky. Lauren and myself are the ones making the decision. they go to TC

Todays IC, Elaine shakes her head, I had it and this dude beat me to the punch. Indeed that...Rob says that dEan's playing to the jury , he payed attention.

Noura: How do I get by one more day, but how do I make it to the end.
7players left, only need 4 players to control the vote.
Dan, dangerous game...dan says his foundation is hopefully solid
Elaine is not in this foundation she's a home wrecker. I have been a target since day one. so hang on to me because I am seen as a threat. My vote would go to Noura. She's somebody you can take to the end, but if she goes to the end, she maybe taking your place in the finals.
Lauren is whispering to Janet. Right in front of Tommy.
Janet says that Elaine and I are threats....it's alot to think about.
Lauren: Elaine has raised concerns about our positions here
Elaine said the glass is always half empty for me....she's had a rough way to go, she feels she's unlucky. More important part for her was to come for the adventure. She's crying. My mom died 3 months ago, a lot of long nights, time is what I need, time heals all wounds. Janet hugs her. Lauren is close to tears too.
Lesson I learned is to not taking anything for granted...
Janet said she always believed there is light on the other side, whether you stay here or get voted out, and I truly believe that for you. We love you Elaine. Here dreams are still alive until you snuff my torch.

Time to vote.

Noura votes Elaine
DAn votes Noura
Dean votes Elaine
Elaine votes Noura: You are crazy as hell but I still like you.
Lauren is last voter.

Vote tally:

12-11-19, 09:57 PM (EST)
5. "Vote tally...."
LAST EDITED ON 12-11-19 AT 09:58 PM (EST)

Night 35...

asks if anyone will play an idol....no

Elaine
Noura
Elaine
Noura
Elaine
Elaine

they hug her.

Lauren says: Sorry...Elaine says we are good, I promise

Lauren crying. she hugs Jiffy...Love you all.

35 physically taxing days, it you think its going to get any easier think again.

Day 36...AM...Jiffy comes to camp....uh oh....

Lauren: We are relaxing, we see Jeff....Need to share some news...So I just spoke privately with Dan, and Dan will not be returning, won't return to camp, won't be on the jury

Janet: very real world things are coming into the gae.
Tommy: losing the wrong person at the wrong time can blow up your game so now I need to scramble....

Dan was removed from the game after a report of another incident that did not involve another player. (Explanation came on the screen).

Wow.

michel2 4059 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

12-11-19, 10:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Another Opportunity Wasted"
Lauren and Janet had a chance of taking control of the game just by voting "Noura" but they didn't pull the trigger. They are giving this thing to Tommy and Dean.

12-13-19, 10:12 AM (EST)
25. "Agreed..."
Lauren and Janet had a chance of taking control of the game just by voting "Noura" but they didn't pull the trigger. They are giving this thing to Tommy and Dean.

I think Lauren really wanted to do it, but I think it was Janet that has thrown ALL her marbles in with Tommy. Tommy has a hold on her for some strange reason. Being so rigid will be her demise.

12-11-19, 10:02 PM (EST)
6. "Dan removed from game, not on jury either. "
Next time on Survivor....

season finale

Jiffy: prepare for battle because it's a fight to the finish
See Noura
Because it s a fight to the finish
See Dean
Dean: PK chillin has turned to PK villain

Janet to Tommy: I have a freaking idol, we have to use it
Rob: There is no way were are going to leave them without one more test.

12-11-19, 10:15 PM (EST)
7. "Dan is a creep...."
So. An incident with someone that is not on the cast. A producer, a key grip, what? I feel sorry for him that he's exposed himself in this light on national television. Whoa.

PepeLePew13 26111 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-11-19, 10:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Dan is a creep...."
LAST EDITED ON 12-11-19 AT 10:43 PM (EST)

So. It's apparently okay for him to assault Kellee and other contestants on the show but it's not okay to do whatever he did off-camera (i.e. production staff). Gotcha.

12-11-19, 10:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Dan is a creep...."
I agree Pepe: The message is: It's OK to grope women even when they say not to, but steal a sandwich and you're out.

Of course I don't know if it was stealing food that got him removed from the game but we do know that it has been a reason to remove players in the past.

Chez 775 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-11-19, 10:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Chez Click to send private message to Chez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Dan removed from game, not on jury either. "
I just read Dalton Ross's (Entertainment Weekly) summary of the episode (also includes his overall ranking of Survivor seasons 1 to 39. Like everyone else, he is disgusted with the way this season played out. He ranked this season as the absolute worst, #39.

Dalton asked Probst if he could give more details about the final Dan incident and ejection, but Probst would or could not.

Also note the final "live" showing of the finale and reunion show is being taped 4 hours early tomorrow in order to assure everyone's security and safety.

http://ew.com/recap/survivor-season-39-episode-13/

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-19, 10:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Dan removed from game, not on jury either. "
I haven't watched tonight's show yet but I came here to post about the finale and see that Chez has already posted Dalton's recap with the info. Here's another statement that is just about the finale Survivor to pretape finale 4 hours early

A source close to the situation tells EW that the change was made due to the sensitive nature of the material this season — which involved complaints of inappropriate touching from contestant Kellee Kim toward Dan Spilo, along with other players then exaggerating their own reactions to Dan’s touching as a strategic maneuver in the game — as well as security concerns for the contestants and to make sure the players feel as comfortable and safe as possible while discussing what happened out on the island.

This was posted before tonight's show. Really disgusted with how CBS handled the entire situation.

Sheldor 3865 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-19, 10:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheldor Click to send private message to Sheldor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Jeff Varner FB post"
Jeff Varner
18 mins ·
What just happened on Survivor tonight is 100% bull #####. I have so much to say and am fuming right now. About to climb the walls. I’ve talked to cast members. I know what happened that got him removed and I’m telling you, 100% horse #####. The cast has rallied behind Dan and few to no one is behind Kellee. It’s so painful to see what is happening with this show. They are pre-taping the reunion because cast members plan to publicly support Dan and call out producers. Can’t have that on a live mic. Ugh. So pissed. Rant over. For now.

http://www.facebook.com/varnernc/posts/1035404380147151

12-11-19, 11:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheldor Click to send private message to Sheldor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Kellee Kim Tweet"
Kellee Kim @kellee_kim
My thoughts on tonight's episode of @survivorcbs and Dan Spilo's removal for another incident of inappropriate touching. #Survivor39

12-11-19, 11:06 PM (EST)
16. "Jeff Probst talks about first player ever ejected from the game"
LAST EDITED ON 12-11-19 AT 11:09 PM (EST)

Survivor host Jeff Probst talks about first player ever ejected from the game
By Dalton Ross December 11, 2019 at 09:00 PM EST

http://ew.com/tv/2019/12/11/survivor-host-jeff-probst-dan-spilo-removed-episode-13/

Warning: This article contains spoilers about the Wednesday, Dec. 11 episode of Survivor.

For the first time in the history of Survivor, a player was pulled from the game due to unacceptable behavior. Dan Spilo was removed at the end of the Dec. 11 episode of Survivor: Island of the Idols after an off-camera incident. Players still in the game were informed of the decision, but not any of the circumstances surrounding it, while the episode ended with a title card that read, “Dan was removed from the game after a report of another incident, which happened off-camera and did not involve a player.”

Dan’s inappropriate touching has been an issue/story line all season long, beginning back in episode 1 when contestant Kellee Kim told Dan she was uncomfortable with the way he touched her. When the behavior continued even after Kelle spoke to Dan and asked him to stop, production stepped in on day 22 of the game and issued an official warning to the player about his behavior. Fourteen days later, producers pulled Dan from the game for his latest transgression.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: The title card that ended the episode — “Dan was removed from the game after a report of another incident, which happened off-camera and did not involve a player” — was very short and very general in the sense that an incident can mean pretty much anything. What can you tell us about what happened off-camera with Dan that led to you all pulling him from the game?
JEFF PROBST
: The question is a fair and reasonable one. I’ve endeavored to be as forthcoming as possible with you regarding everything that has happened this season. In this situation, out of respect for privacy and confidentiality, I can’t say anymore.

This is the first time in 39 seasons you have removed someone due to bad behavior. What was the process of determining among production, standards and practices, network, and studio that this was the course of action to take?
It has been an unprecedented season. Complex social issues were woven into the game in a way we have never seen before. With our contestants’ welfare at the forefront, we have spent a lot of time discussing every layer of the situation with human resources, diversity and inclusion representatives, show therapists, lawyers, publicists, and standards and practices. We all worked diligently throughout the entire process to make the right decisions and portray an accurate depiction of what took place. We have learned a lot and it will inform our process moving forward.

How did Dan take the news that you were removing him?
When we first told Dan we were pulling him from the game, he was not happy. We talked through everything for quite a while, and by the time he got on the boat to leave he had calmed down and was actually very respectful as he departed.

Why did you not inform the other contestants still in the game of the exact nature of Dan’s dismissal?
I’ll refer you to my earlier answer that out of respect for privacy and confidentiality, I cannot say anymore on that matter.

What was the reaction of the other players to the news, because we only saw a quick moment of that?
I have to say that it’s a very complicated situation for the players. They’re on day 35 of 39. They’re very close to the end. They’re also in a state of “eyes on the prize.” And because they did not receive more information for privacy reasons, they seemed to accept the news and moved on with the game.

You mentioned a few weeks back that you were looking at making some changes in terms of how to handle inappropriate behavior. Now that we have seen this situation ultimately play out, what can you all do from a production side to prevent similar incidents from occurring in the future?
As I mentioned previously, we have learned a great deal and it will inform our process and protocols on how to evolve moving forward. While we still want to maintain the competitive aspect of the game, above all, we want to ensure that all players always feel safe and respected. These conversations both internally and with outside organizations will continue.

There is still a game going on out there with Janet, Tommy, Dean, Lauren, and Noura all still vying for the million dollars. What can you say about next week’s finale?
This has been a very unique season with so many different powerful moments and light shed on so many topics. But simply from a game point of view — the Island of the Idols twist has really had a big impact. So many of the visits and tests with Sandra and Rob have resulted in game changing moments back at camp. The finale is no different! There is one more visit to Island of the Idols, and it could change the entire game. I love finales, and this is a good one!

12-12-19, 01:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Kellee Kim Tweet"
Does she know something that others don't? She termed it as "another incident of inappropriate touching."

12-12-19, 02:04 AM (EST)
18. "PEOPLE Dan Spilo 'Removed' from Game Following 'Off-Camera,' Undisclosed 'Incident'"
Survivor Contestant Dan Spilo 'Removed' from Game Following 'Off-Camera,' Undisclosed 'Incident'
The 48-year-old Hollywood agent was pulled from the game at the end of Wednesday's episode
By Steve Helling
December 11, 2019 10:13 PM
http://people.com/tv/survivor-dan-spilo-removed-off-camera-incident/

(snip)
PEOPLE has spoken to multiple people involved with the show’s production, who confirmed that the incident in question — which involved a member of the show’s production team — happened after an immunity challenge as Spilo and other contestants were getting into a boat to transport them back to the camp.

The incident was not caught on camera, but at least one other contestant witnessed it.
(snip)

12-12-19, 02:06 AM (EST)
19. "PEOPLE Dan Spilo Was 'Removed' from the Game and What the 'Off-Camera' Incident Was"
Why Survivor Contestant Dan Spilo Was 'Removed' from the Game and What the 'Off-Camera' Incident Was
The alleged incident happened when Spilo was getting on a transport boat after an immunity challenge
By Steve Helling
December 12, 2019 12:24 AM
http://people.com/tv/why-survivor-contestant-dan-spilo-removed-from-game/

(snip) Update
PEOPLE has spoken to multiple people involved with the show’s production, who confirmed that the incident in question — which involved a member of the show’s production team — happened after an immunity challenge as Spilo and other contestants were getting into a boat to transport them back to the camp.

At one point, Spilo allegedly touched the female crew member’s leg. According to multiple sources, he insisted that the contact was inadvertent and accidental as he lost his balance while trying to get into the boat. At least one of the remaining contestants witnessed the incident.

But the show’s production team wasn’t convinced that the contact was merely incidental. After consulting with the show’s legal team, producers eventually decided to remove him from the show.

Sources close to Spilo say that he vehemently disagreed with the decision to remove him from the game.
(snip)

12-12-19, 12:49 PM (EST)
20. "RE: PEOPLE Dan Spilo Was 'Removed' from the Game and What the 'Off-Camera' Incident Was"
Touching a Leg is now a criminal offense? What is happening in this world? If this is all that happened then I have to agree with Varner here and say it's total BS. SeeBS realized that he was in a good position to win and simply didn't want that to happen.

12-12-19, 09:51 PM (EST)
21. "RE: PEOPLE Dan Spilo Was 'Removed' from the Game and What the 'Off-Camera' Incident Was"
LAST EDITED ON 12-12-19 AT 09:52 PM (EST)

If it was done in an inappropriate manner (i.e. sliding his hand along the leg in a caressing manner, similar to how we saw him touch Kellee on camera), then yes it's a form of sexual assault.

The key takeaway for me was this: "At least one of the remaining contestants witnessed the incident."

Why would they include that tidbit unless it was something significant and the contestant was asked about it as part of production's investigation? People aren't stupid - they can tell when something's been done in an inappropriate manner.

12-12-19, 11:17 PM (EST)
22. "RE: PEOPLE Dan Spilo Was 'Removed' from the Game and What the 'Off-Camera' Incident Was"
First of all "touched" doesn't equal caress. And even caressing a thigh is something that merits a reprimand, not a disqualification.

But what I think really happened is that they saw the raw edit of the Kellee Boot episode and finally realized they had made a huge mistake in not removing him earlier so they made sure he couldn't be the winner.

12-12-19, 11:42 PM (EST)
23. "RE: PEOPLE Dan Spilo Was 'Removed' from the Game and What the 'Off-Camera' Incident Was"
Ask any woman if she's okay with some guy she doesn't know well putting his hand on her bare thigh.

Clearly you have a lot to learn if you think caressing a thigh only merits a reprimand. It's an unwanted assault, period. If I did something like that in my workplace, I would be fired and probably charged with sexual assault -- I know of two fellow professors who were dismissed for inappropriate conduct with students in my time at the college.

It's rather presumptuous to say what you did, i.e. "... they saw the raw edit of the Kellee Boot episode..." Come on. The producers knew what was going on, long before they saw the "raw edit" as you put it. Don't be dumb.

12-13-19, 12:32 PM (EST)
27. "RE: PEOPLE Dan Spilo Was 'Removed' from the Game and What the 'Off-Camera' Incident Was"
I never saw you as being dumb but here you are being ridiculous. There's a TREMENDOUS difference between a teacher touching their students and a contestant on Survivor touching a producer. If what Dan did is simply touching (and he said he lost his balance entering the boat) then it's DEFINITELY NOT ASSAULT. Especially considering there where other people around. It's even dumb to debate this. Read FP's very balanced take on this just below.

I see it as SeeBS' fault all the way around. I hope it's because they saw the raw edit and finally realized their mistake because the alternative is that they manufactured the whole thing for publicity. For the first time ever they are losing their time slot in the ratings so they did this to pretend they are still socially relevant.

12-13-19, 01:31 PM (EST)
28. "RE: PEOPLE Dan Spilo Was 'Removed' from the Game and What the 'Off-Camera' Incident Was"
Dan did not think he was doing anything wrong, even when Kellee was acting like she didn't want to be touched by him (as we saw in a flashback with the camera crew in the shot).

People who assault others never think they did anything wrong. Of course he's going to say, "I lost my balance" -- he will never admit to doing something inappropriate. Harvey Weinstein still thinks he did nothing wrong.

Look at it this way. If it really was that innocent, Dan would go ahead and sue as his contract surely didn't give CBS permission to destroy his good name over a 'nothing' allegation. The producers checked with the legal team and got the OK to boot him; if it was an innocent touch, the legal team wouldn't have said it was OK to eject him over that.

12-13-19, 03:01 PM (EST)
30. "RE: PEOPLE Dan Spilo Was 'Removed' from the Game and What the 'Off-Camera' Incident Was"
I saw the Survivor contract and the contestants have practically no recourse over their portrayal. IT is even written that "production can make them look stupid."

Weinstein, I'll write "alledgedly", raped young actresses who wanted to be in his productions. To equate Dan to Weisntein is absurd.

12-13-19, 04:34 PM (EST)
32. "RE: PEOPLE Dan Spilo Was 'Removed' from the Game and What the 'Off-Camera' Incident Was"
"Making them look stupid" is entirely different from intentionally destroying their lives and employment prospects if the accusations were flimsy in any way.

Ergo, it suggests that the situation was pretty serious.

12-13-19, 05:31 PM (EST)
34. "RE: PEOPLE Dan Spilo Was 'Removed' from the Game and What the 'Off-Camera' Incident Was"
ergo nothing. They simply don't worry about lawsuits.

12-13-19, 10:20 AM (EST)
26. "RE: PEOPLE Dan Spilo Was 'Removed' from the Game and What the 'Off-Camera' Incident Was"
LAST EDITED ON 12-13-19 AT 10:35 AM (EST)

Touching a leg? Geez, I thought he touched her hair or perhaps her foot?

What upsets me is that Kellee told us right off the bat that she was a germophobe. She can't stand being touched. Period. So, I can understand her anxiety, but perhaps this is all so over blown. There are plenty of people that don't have social awareness and awareness as to personal space. Men and women. Clearly Dan, is one of those, but I, personally, not to discredit any females on the show, have not seen anything that has warranted this vehement reaction. To tell you honestly, did Kellee tell Dan honestly how much it bothered her. Did she communicate or share with him her "germophobia" and thus her loathing and anxiousness at being touched?

If someone touches a woman inappropriately there are many reasons why women do not speak up. As Kellee noted. There is way more to this than appears at the surface. For Kellee, it appears that she didn't give the full fledged signal directly to Dan because she was worried it would affect her game. A very valid point. But, there are so many factors at play here, I just don't want to pass blame or judgement, as I really thinK CBS is spinning this. I believe Kellee, and I support her, but I have questions.

Ghandia certainly was far more warranted, imho. I have questions about Kellee's situation. It's not Kellee's fault, but why on earth does a germaphobe qualify to play Survivor....some sick experiment that has a predictable outcome?

I hate to say this....I support women. Period. But, Kellee had issues as she told us she did. When push came to shove, the other women, Missy, Elizabeth, Janet, Elaine did not feel the same way. They capitalized on it as strategy. I can't help feel that CBS turned this into a three ring circus to talk and shine light on this very serious matter. Is Dan creepy? No question. But, could he have been sacrificed for this socially charged topic? This could ruin, devastate this persons life, and if this is something less than what it is made out to be, I am not okay with that. As Janet noted in the moment.

12-13-19, 01:37 PM (EST)
29. "RE: PEOPLE Dan Spilo Was 'Removed' from the Game and What the 'Off-Camera' Incident Was"
We were shown several flashbacks of Dan doing inappropriate behaviour and Kellee running away from him with the camera crew in the shot.

I didn't see Kellee having any issues with others hugging her during challenges, so being a germaphobe has nothing to do with the issue. She was being touched and caressed in ways that the average woman wouldn't like as we saw several times. To make an issue of her being a germaphobe is, frankly, ridiculous to me -- I equate it to victim-blaming. Dan did not respect her boundaries, simple as that.

If it's really "less than what it is made out to be" then Dan should sue CBS. I cannot imagine "intentionally besmirching a person's name" is covered in the standard contestant contract.

12-13-19, 04:32 PM (EST)
31. "RE: S39|Ep 12 or 13?|East Coast Spoiler Thread"
From Andy Herren (Big Brother):

Seeing lots of, "How could Dan be so stupid to make a move on someone in production after all the warnings he got?" tweets. The terrifying thing is that Dan made a move because he thought he was doing nothing wrong. This is how powerful creeps like him think. Sickening. #Survivor

12-13-19, 04:55 PM (EST)
33. "RE: S39|Ep 12 or 13?|East Coast Spoiler Thread"
The opinion of a former Hamster is worth crap.

12-16-19, 00:15 AM (EST)
35. "RE: S39|Ep 12 or 13?|East Coast Spoiler Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 12-16-19 AT 00:16 AM (EST)

Jump to 2:06 on this video. Dan clearly has not learned anything from the earlier incidents.

Tribal Council video of Karishma's boot

12-16-19, 09:21 PM (EST)
36. "RE: S39|Ep 12 or 13?|East Coast Spoiler Thread"
So? Dan rejoiced when Karishma, the person he had voted for, was evicted but what does that have to do with his removal? The question was never about Dan, whether he's a creep or not. He definitely is. The problem is in the way SeeBS handled the situation. Had they removed Dan when it became obvious that he was making women uncomfortable then the whole situation would have been avoided. Instead they waited until his victim was unceremoniously voted out and when other women disgraced themselves by using him as strategy. Giving him a warning turned him into an appatizing goat and now he was close to make it to the end and maybe even win the whole thing. SeeBS reacted a month late, only making things worse for everyone involved.

12-20-19, 00:06 AM (EST)
37. "Jeff Varner's take on the "Incident":"
Here's what Jeff Varner thinks of the whole thing:

http://jeffvarner.blogspot.com/2019/12/survivor-gaslight-island.html?m=1&fbclid=IwAR25XuTDCzjUDONYejPcFNyX_yHdOA9PgIrCqDWzxt8GJam3V-_GNjeGY3Y

I think he is absolutely right.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •