LAST EDITED ON 02-16-16 AT 09:19 AM (EST)
SURVIVOR 32: Koah Rong, Brains vs. Brawn vs. Beauty
Welcome everyone to yet another attempt to re-vitalize Survivor Blows STATE OF THE SPOILING, where we try to collect all the data from around the boards to spoil the episode before it airs. Please feel free to digest, support, or refute, but always remember the immortal words of S1, Colleen Haskell... BE NICE AND PLAY FAIR!
This season will return to the format of S: 28, Cagayan; Brains vs. Brawn vs. Beauty, pitting 3 tribes of 6 against each other. Let's meet the lucky players....(click on their pics to view their bio clips):
Tribe: Chanloh aka Brains aka the Blue tribe:
squatting: Aubrey, Joe, Lis; Standing: Peter, Neal, Debbie
Age 29, Cambridge, Mass; Social media community manager, unique education, "a little weird", will unarm people, nerdy ~ glasses, more than book smart, will make people laugh, will make coconut phone, must have to bite tongue, will make faces on reaction, a Scorpio, gemini rising, gets along with wide range of people.
From Reading, Pa, 49, Chemist, loves science, logical, Captain in US Air Force auxiliary, Military family, after 911 became bomb neutralizer, did survival training, mother, wants to be an inspiration, been through it all, has wisdom. Tiger bathing suit, *Nicole Cesternino's pick to win.
Elisabeth ~ Lis
Age 27, NYC, quantitative strategist, MIT grad ~ Math, game theory, former card counter in Vegas, strategic, will blend in, flirting is a tool in her arsenal, will be ruthless, wants to be a bit of a villain, Machiavellian, survival training, provider, ability to get along, head for numbers, needs to "relax".
Age 71, Vero Beach, FL, 18 years has been PI/security consultant, prior to that an FBI agent, always strived to be fit, in shape, likes adventures, this is top adventure, born on 7-4, only child, Naval officer X 3 years, FBI X 25 years.
From California, Organic Ice Cream Entrepreneur, Nepal mountain climber, Peace Corp, thinks he'll be great at spear fishing and finding clams, gained weight to be there, a twin, long time fan, boring, traveler, thinks can win.
Peter "don't call me Obama", Minneapolis, MN, ER Doc, Family: all docs and mom is mid-wife, wants to win challenge and get flint rather than make fire, gave up his 20's for education, now recapturing life, unpredictable.
Tribe: Totang aka Brawn aka the RED tribe:
L to R: Alecia, Kyle Jason, Scot, Darnell, Cydney, Jennifer
Age 23, Real Estate Agent, Tomboy, Adrenaline junkie, a "doer", mental giant, opinionated, says "at the end of the day" WAY too much.
Sydney, professional body builder, likes bling, prissy, pre-med, ideal job: trainer for the Falcons, from Georgia, physical threat, doesn't like girls too much, only likes assertive, "masculine" women, selfish with food, alter egos: Rebecca, a more refined Cydney, Storm, super conniving.
37, from Salt Lake City, owns virtual construction company, outspoken, tomboy, comfortable around men, women in construction are fantastic, doesn't like to get wet~weather will be a problem, "always flexible", gets what she wants with her passion, "happy".
Darnell: Chicago, Postal Worker, 2.0 student, hard worker, street smart, sneaky, will go for it, why not me?, has something to prove.
From Detroit, Bounty Hunter/Private Investigator, worked in Afghanistan, ex-Military X 6 years+, Married, Diplomatic & executive protection in Afghanistan, a lot of military tats, underestimated, flies by the seat of his pants, will treat this like a job, doesn't like STOOPID.
From Indiana, semi-retired Pro Basketball X 11 years, now raises kids, free lance broadcasting, hurts too much to play now, this is an outlet for his competitiveness, recognizes luck, did homework, "caveman", 6'11", 310 pounds, will be "as honest as anybody", thinks he'll be a target, will own it.
Tribe: Gondol aka Beauty aka the YELLOW tribe:
Squatting: Michele, Julia, "Beast Mode Cowboy" Caleb; Standing: Tai, Nick, Anna
Age 18, Vermont, student Boston University, Superfan, life experiences: Tanzania community service, mountain climber, outdoorsy, will be underestimated, down to earth, skier, camper, sorority, "connects with people".
From Brooklyn,NY, Professional poker player, Super fan, good social skills, wants to be laid back and liked, doesn't trust a lot of people, Russian, moved here at age 4, started working early, wants to be underestimated as a female, will flirt with guys and girls, will play the cards she's dealt. Rob Cesternino's and Jeff Varner's pick to win.
NJ girl, 24, Bartender, Superfan, ultimate adventure, post yoga and meditation retreat, adventure seeker, Harry Potter fan, passionate, quirky, Jersey sass.
"Beast Mode Cowboy": 27, Kentucky, BB16, big beast in competition, physical competitor, 4 wheeler, hunter, country boy life style, Tarzan, personal trainer, retired Lowes employee, wants to do Karate on the beach, will be funny, likes social media, wants to build homeless shelter for veterans.
Age 30, life coach but "it's BS", listen and pay attention~or fake it, pretend you are interested, self centered, won't be honest, funny and sarcastic, have fun manipulating people, no regrets, will do what he wants.
Tai: SanFrancisco, 51, city worker~gardener, tree climber, grew up in Viet Nam, outdoorsy, from large happy family of 11 kids, takes care of stuff, hobbies: rowing team, bee keeper; gay, ever ready bunny, hard worker. Seems chatty.
Now that we have been introduced to our players, let’s get to the business at hand...
Episode 1: I'm a Mental Giant
The title of the premier episode is "I'm a mental giant". Tribephyl brought us the title along with the misdirection clues from CBS, that can all be found here. Interesting to note that someone called themselves a "mental giant" in their introductory video...Alecia. Chances are good she speaks the episode title. First let's examine:
Thanks Tribephyl who really did most of the pre-season data collecting! First there are a few things that the premier promo for the show gave us when it aired at the S:31 Finale. These include:
1. Our first introduction to some of the Daws, the characters they gave us a snippet of included: Debbie, Lis, Scot, Cydney, Tai, Caleb. These folks were picked for a reason.
2. It will be the most punishing season of Survivor ever. Survivors pictured with medical: Jennifer ~"It hurts so bad", Random leg with wound on the back side of the upper thigh ~ "the infection can destroy it in a matter of hours". Kyle Jason ~ "My shoulders are just destroyed". Probst, talking to a female player, "We're right here with you, alright? Stay with us. You're gonna be alright." Also seen in the vidcaps: Caleb, seen on ground getting an IV started, Aubrey, seen with medic, and Joe, lying on the ground with a medic.
Here are the vidcap pics to support the DAWs that have medical issues: Jennifer, Aubrey, the leg wound male, Kyle Jason, Caleb, Joe, random female at challenge not seen....
3. There WILL be 3 medical evacuations from the game. From the Hollywood Reporter, 6/22/15: Mark Burnett aka EPMB was quoted: "Last season, we had three evacuations, the most ever in a season. It was the humidity, cuts, people getting infected and then trying so hard on the challenges. But we tend to show most things. As a producer you get worried, but Jeff Probst runs the show, and I know if my phone's ringing at 3 or 4 a.m., it's Jeff and it's not a good phone call." Here are vidcaps to support the evacs:
Check out the Medical Evacuation thread, here for all the vidcaps related to and all the speculation and spoiling related to the medical issues.
4. Pre-season vidcaps that support DAWS surviving the first episode as seen in future challenges: Cydney, Kyle Jason, Scot ~all seen post bathing suit; Tai and Anna(her butt is seen), Kyle with medic at night, Tai and Julia at a future challenge, and Joe's leg (note the underarmor type undergarment that Joe wears)...
In sum these Daws live beyond episode one: Cydney, Kyle Jason, Scot, Tai, Anna, Julia, Joe.
5. There will be a SUPER IDOL....From EW.com and Dalton Ross, Jiffy was quoted: Now, in the Kaôh Rōng season, for the first time, an idol will actually have a potential second power. “This season, the hidden immunity idol is used like never before,” host Jeff Probst tells EW. “The big idol twist this season is that an idol has two separate powers. If you find an idol, it has the regular powers of a normal idol, But when put together with another idol — two can actually fit together — they can be used as one super idol that can be played after the votes are read. Only those who find hidden idols will know about it.
Our misdirection clues include: 1. Castaways embark on the most grueling 39 days in Survivor history and test whether brute strength, looks or smarts will be the attribute that helps capture the title of Sole Survivor. Enough said.
2. One castaway deals with excruciating pain when a bug gets stuck in their ear, on SURVIVOR. Vidcaps give this away: Jennifer on Brawn...
Medical there to get it out...medical evacuation? NO.
3. special 90-minute premiere, Wednesday, Feb. 17 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT).
From vidcaps and press images we can see that there is one grueling and very physical challenge. There are multiple stages to the challenge that include:
1. Teams dive in to swim to boat, while they also must dive deep to collect 4 long paddles. Once paddles are retrieved they move onto....
2. Paddle the boat from the starting point to the beach.
3. Once at the beach, they must get their boat on a platform; boat has 2 boxes in it labeled "puzzle" and "dexterity". Once on the platform, they must put 4 wheels onto their boat.
4. Then they must roll their boat uphill pushing and pulling to another platform at the top of the hill.
5. Then they must send 2 people from the tribe to do the last part of the challenge, either assemble a "puzzle", or do a "dexterity" task. First to finish, wins immunity and a reward of some kind, second place probably wins immunity, and maybe a smaller reward, then the last place tribe goes to TC.
Here are the stages of the episode one challenge, "Wooden Ships":
To review the stages of the challenge as the dream teasers run it, go here. Now, let's put the vidcaps that we have of the actual daws running the challenge using vidcaps and press images.
Start of the challenge:
At the start we see them all on their respective mats and on "go" they dive in to go to their boats and dive down to get the 4 paddles. We see Debbie, Darnell, and Michele with the scuba mask on.
Beauty is off to the best start, we see them paddling well together...
Here we see Beauty has arrived at shore, while Brains are still paddling in the water behind them...
Beauty is putting on the wheels, while Brawn is getting their boat onto the first platform...
But, getting the boat up to the last platform, uphill, we see Brains is slightly ahead of Brawn...
Here we see that Brains, specifically Lis and Aubrey, are working on the puzzle...
while, Lis and Aubrey are started on their puzzle, we see Brawn still trying to get to that final platform...
But, it's actually Beauty that arrives last at the final platform....
And, see the Brawns already doing their last portion of the challenge here, while Beauty are still trying to get their boat up...*Note the three guys are seen on the platform not doing the last portion of the challenge, which tells us that 2 of Jennifer, Alecia, Cydney are doing their final portion.
What we know:
*Beauty arrives first at shore
*Brains arrives first at the top of the hill at their final platform and starts the puzzle before anyone else
*Brawn arrives second at the top of the hill at their final platform and starts on their puzzle/dexterity portion before Beauty
*Beauty arrives last at the top of the hill
*Brains and Beauty both BEAT Brawn at the final portion of the challenge, Brawn = losers. Press Images, thank you Sheldor, prove that Brawn loses, they are the only tribe seen post challenge, thanks to the time stamps.
We see Brains doing the puzzle. I wouldn't be surprised if they win first, this is a straight forward ~42 piece jig saw puzzle. This would take them about 2-3 minutes to finish, once they have their pieces lined up, imo. (maybe less with 2 people doing it).
Now here is the dexterity challenge....
Must stack various pieces on top of each other reaching a certain amount....
I wouldn't be surprised if Brains and Beauty chose the jigsaw puzzle, while Brawn chose the dexterity problem....?
First of all there are things that we see in the many press images. The time line could be: Marooning.... jump off the ship onto rafts with as much stuff as you can get, and paddle to your beach. Then, there is camp building and organizing....here are the supplies they get at each respective camp....
We see them all getting along....We see a lot of pics at Brawn tribe trying to start fire, but there are no vidcaps to prove that any tribe gets fire before the challenge.
Challenge: We know that Brawn loses. We know that the girls do the puzzle/dexterity portion. So one of them will have to bear the "weakest link" label. They got there in 2nd place, yet lost, so one of the girls was the reason. We know that Sydney is seen in future vidcaps, so it won't be her. Cydney said in her video that she doesn't like girls too much, but if she did, they would be "assertive, more masculine" women. This statement makes me think that Cydney will NOT want to be in an all girl alliance, and would flip with the boys before going with the girls. I think that a girl will be our first boot. Darnell, is probably valued for strength, and he wasn't to blame for "losing" the challenge. He's not the weakest link. So it boils down to 2 peeps: Jennifer or Alecia.
An argument for both:
Jennifer: Pro: 37, mature, very personable and sharp from her video. She's got a lot of knowledge that they need to build the shelter. She's a worker. Could be perceived as a valuable person for the tribe. She looks buff and does a masculine job, Cydney probably likes her better than Alecia? Possible bonding with Cydney...
Con: Could be bossy? She gets a bug in her ear and cries at night, and needs medical in the AM. No intro confessional.
Alecia: Pro: Appears to be getting along with others, trying to make fire. Con: Age 23 in a tribe with mature men and a woman, appears to be the most feminine, and the least buff ~ Cydney may not like; she most likely says the title of the episode as she describes herself as a "mental giant". No intro confessional, and in the first 5 minute segment of the show, she is seen when Scot comments, ....and, if you show weakness, SEE Alecia...., BYE BYE!
1st place at challenge: BRAINS
2nd place at challenge: BEAUTY
the mental giant, ALECIA
Visit our threads for a more thorough grasp of the preseason events, located here. Check out Michel's Editing thread located here. And, don't forget to vote when the vote thread appears! Have PHUN!