The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Medical Evacuations..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Flowerpower1 1462 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-31-16, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower1 Click to send private message to Flowerpower1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Medical Evacuations..."
LAST EDITED ON 02-03-16 AT 05:10 PM (EST)

Please use this thread for speculation regarding the three medical evacuations and evacuees.

As proof becomes available I will post different people and their ailments here:
Jennifer~ Insect in ear, medical evacuation: Highly doubtful

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Medical Evacuations... Flowerpower1 01-31-16 1
   RE: Medical Evacuations... tribephyl 02-01-16 2
       RE: Medical Evacuations... Flowerpower1 02-01-16 3
       RE: Medical Evacuations... suzzee 02-01-16 4
           RE: Medical Evacuations... tribephyl 02-02-16 5
               RE: Medical Evacuations... Agman2 02-02-16 6
                   RE: Medical Evacuations... tribephyl 02-02-16 9
                       RE: Medical Evacuations... Flowerpower1 02-02-16 10
                           RE: Medical Evacuations... kingfish 02-03-16 12
                               RE: Medical Evacuations... tribephyl 02-03-16 14
               Happy belated Birthday!!! Flowerpower1 02-02-16 7
               RE: Medical Evacuations... kingfish 02-02-16 8
           RE: Medical Evacuations... CTgirl 02-03-16 11
 Through the grapevine... Flowerpower1 02-03-16 13
 .02 on 3 evacs tribephyl 02-04-16 15
   RE: .02 on 3 evacs Flowerpower1 02-04-16 16
       RE: .02 on 3 evacs tribephyl 02-05-16 17
 Nick? Flowerpower1 02-09-16 18
   RE: Nick? Sheldor 02-09-16 19
       RE: Nick? Flowerpower1 02-10-16 20
           RE: Nick? CTgirl 02-10-16 21
               RE: Nick? Flowerpower1 02-10-16 22
                   RE: Nick? CTgirl 02-10-16 23
                       RE: Nick? Flowerpower1 02-16-16 25
                           RE: Nick? CTgirl 02-16-16 26
 RE: Medical Evacuations... Flowerpower1 02-15-16 24
 Episode 4 Flowerpower1 02-17-16 27
 Leg Infection = Tai tribephyl 02-19-16 28
   RE: Leg Infection = Tai Flowerpower1 02-19-16 29
   RE: Leg Infection = Tai Sheldor 02-19-16 30
 Cleaning up... Flowerpower1 02-22-16 31
   RE: Cleaning up... kingfish 02-22-16 32
       RE: Cleaning up... PepeLePew13 02-22-16 34
           RE: Cleaning up... kingfish 02-22-16 35
   RE: Cleaning up... CTgirl 02-22-16 33
 Observations Flowerpower1 02-22-16 36
   RE: Observations PepeLePew13 02-22-16 37
       RE: Observations Flowerpower1 02-22-16 38
   Confirmation... Flowerpower1 02-26-16 39
       RE: Confirmation... kingfish 02-26-16 40
 Another person down at another chal... Flowerpower1 03-04-16 41
   RE: Another person down at another ... Sheldor 03-08-16 42
       RE: Another person down at another ... Flowerpower1 03-08-16 43
           RE: Another person down at another ... Sheldor 03-09-16 44
               RE: Another person down at another ... Flowerpower1 03-09-16 45
 RE: Medical Evacuations... CTgirl 03-10-16 46
   RE: Medical Evacuations... kingfish 03-10-16 47
       RE: Medical Evacuations... Flowerpower1 03-10-16 48
           RE: Medical Evacuations... kingfish 03-12-16 49

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

01-31-16, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower1 Click to send private message to Flowerpower1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Medical Evacuations..."
LAST EDITED ON 02-01-16 AT 08:54 AM (EST)

Most of this is taken from the first thread noted for all pre-season vidcaps. We can start there and add more as the season progresses and we get more hints or confirmation regarding the evacuations.

As noted by Mark Burnett, posted at Survivor Fever:

"Last season, we had three evacuations, the most ever in a season. It was the humidity, cuts, people getting infected and then trying so hard on the challenges. But we tend to show most things. As a producer you get worried, but Jeff Probst runs the show, and I know if my phone's ringing at 3 or 4 a.m., it's Jeff and it's not a good phone call."

Then, in the premiere promo for Koh-Rong, we got this verbiage:

Probst: But what none of them know is that they're about to face the most punishing season in Survivor history.

Probst: Medical! Medical!

(this is clearly at a challenge, perhaps the same challenge where Jiffy declares we are going to have an evacuation, call for the chopper!)

(this is Jennifer at Totang beach)

(Note the medic with the hat)

(This is Aubrey and we don't know where she is, the medic is holding the pulse oximeter monitor that would go on her finger).

(Joe with the Dr. laying on a pad, don't know where he is? Challenge, beach? Looks more like at camp?)

Female: It just hurts so bad.

(I suspect this is Jennifer in the Brawn tribe)

Medic: The infection can destroy it in a matter of hours.

(I suspect this is Tai, noting the shorts he's wearing, bathing suit)

(This is the same medic that is seen walking on the beach with Probst)

Probst <talking to Medic>: You are pulling him from the game?

Kyle Jason: My shoulders are just destroyed.

Probst <talking to female player>: We're right here with you, alright? Stay with us. You're gonna be alright.

Female: Oh my God.

Probst: We're going to have an evacuation. Call for the chopper!

Here is the youtube video of the first promo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VucpaxqbgKY

Okay, now I am going to group the vidcaps together...

First we see the medic with the hat and Probst walking onto a beach, most likely a camp. Then we see the same medic talking about the infection, how "the infection can destroy it in a matter of hours", and we see the leg wound, most likely on Tai...I believe these shots go together, one incident:

EPMB noted that the evacuations were from over exertion in challenges, and infections. I think that Tai may be one of the evacuations...?

Next there are the issues with Jennifer at Totang, brawn tribe. We see her crying at night, "It hurts so bad"...

Then in the day time, maybe the next day, medical pays her a visit...

Or, Medical could check her out at camp or a challenge, and then she cries later that night. She could be an evacuation???? It's possible.

Aubrey and Joe, both look like they may be suffering from over exertion or heat/dehydration. They could be candidates for evacuation or earlier elimination.

Now, the big evacuation from the challenge...

I will say that someone goes down HARD at a challenge, this is early, as we still see the survivors around the medics looking in...

We see most likely Tai and Julia in the background, we see the doctor, and the balding medic with facial hair...

then, here they are putting an IV in Caleb....we see the Doctor in the foreground as someone else, the medic, manages the 4 way stop ##### and the IV...

then, I think this is the same time but different angles...a different angle, you can still see Survivors around, the jean shorts are most likely, Julia...We also see the same balding medic with facial hair...

He's adjusting the IV that he may have just put in, you can tell the IV is running as it's open...

Jiffy calls for an evacuation and the chopper...

Here come the chopper guys with the stretcher...(note the chopper guy on the left, carrying the back of the stretcher, light blue tee-shirt)

Here's the chopper guy in this scene, wearing the same light blue tee...

So, it looks like the challenge events are centered around Caleb, and most likely he will be a definitive evacuation. They don't put IV's unless they are taking them out of the game, right? Or, can someone be "re-hydrated" via IV and remain in the game? ETA: They re-hydrate via IV for football players and get them right back in the game....?)

When we see the helicopter get called for, it could be the "same" incident at a challenge, Calab, OR, it could be someone different, a female. Regardless, we see the chopper guys arrive, blue tee shirt, and we see them on the scene.

Finally, there is the evacuation that occurs at night....

When Jiffy asks for confirmation about pulling HIM from the game...

This could be Tai. If he stays in the game when he gets seen for his leg infection, but he opts to stay in the game longer with advice if he becomes feverish, they are to report it ASAP? Or, this could be another guy?

We have a definitive evacuation at a challenge....most likely Caleb.
We have a definitive evacuation at night at camp, a MALE. ?Tai?, ??
We have possible evacuations with a female at a challenge, Jennifer, Joe, Aubrey.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

tribephyl 11976 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-01-16, 02:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Medical Evacuations..."
Thank you.
I have charts, photo collages, 2 different long notes, a spreadsheet and laminated lists, regarding this very topic.
However, my questionable potable quotient, has prevented me from ever ACTUALLY pushing the Post Message button in the past and... and guess what?
I am a confirmed Preview NINJA, but the follow through?, questionable.
And it would appear as if this time is of similar effect.

But this is really just a confirmation of notice. (Great Thread)
And a promisory retortional. (I work a double tomorrow but can't wait to recompile thoughts about this exact topic and present them for you all to read.)

02-01-16, 08:50 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Medical Evacuations..."
Can't wait to see those charts, photo collages, long notes, spreadsheets, and your 2 cents worth Tribe. You are far more equipped to make the case than I! <3

RIP

suzzee 5926 desperate attention whore postings

02-01-16, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Medical Evacuations..."
What a way to spend a birthday. Hope it was a very happy one!

02-02-16, 01:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Medical Evacuations..."
GAWD I LVOE YOU!
Yes, I worked on my birthday.
Year end due date, month end due date, menu changes galore and to boot... 2 staff deaths (off-site) and 1 staff injury (on-site).
Weird time to try to manage a crew of 90.
To boot, my partner did actually forget about my birthday, on the day of... But has made a solid and valiant effort at belatedly making it up to me... and sadly, I have to continue to work.

Agman2 2404 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

02-02-16, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Medical Evacuations..."
LAST EDITED ON 02-02-16 AT 11:25 AM (EST)

... 2 staff deaths (off-site) and 1 staff injury (on-site).
Weird time to try to manage a crew of 90.
To boot, my partner did actually forget about my birthday, on the day of... But has made a solid and valiant effort at belatedly making it up to me... and sadly, I have to continue to work.

Two crew deaths and 1 injury? I realize I'm behind the times, but where do you work? Yikes!

As for your partner forgetting your birthday, I did the same with my ex twice. Maybe that's one of the reasons she's my ex! I'm sorry to hear that he forgot you on your birthday, but I'm pleased that he's trying to make it up to you.

02-02-16, 06:32 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Medical Evacuations..."
I manage a restaurant in Wellesley Mass.
I lost a bartender due to suicide (a very rocky relationship with a woman who lied about him being the father of her unborn child. Truly gruesome and it really sent shockwaves throughout the restaurant.)
Then a server due to a drug overdose. He was actually an ex-employee, but was part of the original crew so a large number of folks were saddened.

The injury was caused by an ex-employee whom happened to kick the refrigerator door open and accidentally hit another ex-employee in the head.

Dinner menu changes went through today.
Bar/Drink menus all change this week.
Lunch menu changes next week.

My bartenders are edgy.
My chef is downright zombielike.
We're all holding dearly on to each other for support through this very "full" time of year.

Hopefully, we can all make it through to the point where we all get a vacation. And as GM, I feel obligated to make sure my employees get their rest before I. But my body is definitely telling me to take it MUCH easier.

time for a beer

02-02-16, 08:22 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Medical Evacuations..."
Someday, Tribe, I am going to walk into that restaurant of yours, and I can't wait to do it!
Busy time of year, but I know you will get through it! You're amazing like that. But, clearly, time for a beer!

kingfish 18825 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-16, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Medical Evacuations..."
LAST EDITED ON 02-03-16 AT 09:51 AM (EST)

I also had wondered where you wound up. I remember you and pooch making a move cross country though.

Anyway, I assume that Wednesdays in the bar will be Survivor nights? With Rum and Kaoh Rong Cola as one of the featured drinks? And Brawn vs. Beauty vs. Brains contests?

You see, your time here has been worthwhile.

02-03-16, 08:06 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Medical Evacuations..."
Aha! Wednesday nights are spent watching Survivor at home.
I'm the GM, I have 'obligations' on Wednesdays. *wink*wink*nudge*nudge*
So whatever the bar does, I don't really care. hahaha...

02-02-16, 11:33 AM (EST)
7. "Happy belated Birthday!!!"
Happy Belated Birthday, Tribe! Hope you can find the time SOON to celebrate it properly! <3 LOVE YOU LOADS!!!

HAVE your CAKE and eat it too! <3

02-02-16, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Medical Evacuations..."
Happy Birthday Tribe.

Take a moment to step off the treadmill (watch the dismount though, don't become casualty #4. Or #5. Or whatever you're up to by now), and begin deep, relaxing, meditative breathing. Have an herbal tea. Followed by a shot of MaCallan or two or three if you just happen to have a little of that on hand. Medicine.

I'll admit that most times I'm not the ideal person to be giving life advice, but the subject of "living the relaxed life" is something I'm quite expert at. Thinking of writing a book on the subject as a matter of fact.

Crabman

CTgirl 7633 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-16, 00:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Medical Evacuations..."
Happy Belated Birthday Tribe!

Wellesley...crazy staff and hard-to-please patrons! Hope you can relax and celebrate soon!

02-03-16, 05:18 PM (EST)
13. "Through the grapevine..."
LAST EDITED ON 02-17-16 AT 11:07 AM (EST)

I have heard through the grapevine (a friend of a friend), that four contestants pass out at one challenge. ETA: 2/17 that it's not 4 but 3 people that pass out at one time at a challenge, now known to be episode 4. This could be where we see Caleb down and requiring an IV, and where Jiffy is speaking to a girl down as well....perhaps the challenge that Jiffy calls for the chopper to come. Is the question in regard to this challenge how many are med-i-vac'd? We know that someone goes at night, so possibly 2 from one challenge? Caleb and possibly another female.

Another question....if 3 people pass out at one challenge and require IV's then would they consider not evacuating them if they come to quickly? In other words, is an IV proof of an impending evacuation?

Here is the challenge that I think multiple people go down in....

Medics with Caleb, at a challenge...

Possibly the same challenge, Jiffy and medics with a girl...

Note Jiffy's outfit and orange hat, then note it below when he calls for the chopper...

We also see the Doctor and the same medics at the two different sites, so they are most likely attending to different people at the same challenge....we also see the guy with the stretcher at two different locations, most likely at the same challenge, he's the one with the light blue shirt...

ETA: Regarding the above shorts that are walking away with the black shoes with the yellow stripe across the backs. That person is most likely the other stretcher holder. I went through and looked at all the shoes they have, and I didn't see any that matched those with the yellow stripes on the backs. The closest were Kyle's, but he has a tattoo on his back calf that would be noticeable....fwiw.

RIP

02-04-16, 02:33 PM (EST)
15. ".02 on 3 evacs"
As stated prior, I had thoughts on these multiple medical situations this season. I know I made some early claims about charts/spreadsheets/laminatedlists/etc. but I'll condense some of it as more details (and questions) come available.
Thank you again, FP, for starting this topic.
Thank you also to those whom wished me well on my "day".

Now, To begin...
Overall, and to add to MB's comments, I believe Survivor Insider extrapolated on those med-evacs. Going on to state that all 3 med-evacs will be from the game. NOT after being voted out.

So this topic is to try to narrow down our multiple Medical Situations into 3 Medical Evacuations.

So, no better way that to introduce the characters, in the way of...

An introduction to 3+ Medics whom we will be spending the season getting to know. (Not real names)

Medic A (aka Aaron):

Seen all over this season. With castaways at camp and in the thick of things at the challenge.

Here is Aaron (in uniform) with Joe (@ Chanloh?)
... with Jennifer @ Totang
... and with Aubry (where he is wearing a t-shirt) (@ ?)

Medic B (aka Bruno):

Mostly seen in the med evac at the challenge caps. Balding with stubble beard.

Medic C (aka Carl):

Seen arriving with JP at Totang.
The blurry bits being Cydney, Jason and Scot.
Looking at the close-up, it appears as if a beard is visible on the person getting their hair braided.

This initially suggests the leg injury is either Darnell, Alecia or Jennifer. (Unless this is AFTER the swap, perhaps even after the merge.)

Medic D (aka Dave):

I'll get to him with the med evac caps as well. Longer hair.

So...
Medic Aaron.
Pretty much at every medical situation teased this season.
However, his visit with Aubry is of intrigue to me because...
...just what is it that Aubry has in her hair?

It is not the blue one she's wearing here...

nor the red one seen here...

Is it a Totang Buff? Or is it her red hairband (not the one she starts the game wearing) with dirt and paint on it?

My thought is... Aubry is safe until, at least, after the swap.

Medic Aaron's visit with Joe is a bit concerning. But again, I believe Joe is either the first episode mercy boot or perhaps another, early mercy boot. He won't want to leave, medical won't want to take him, the tribe will have to vote him out.

Medic Aaron's visit with Jennifer, as FP stated above, coincides with Jennifer feeling pain and then requesting to see the medics.
Jennifer is holding her ear and complains of it hurting so bad.

The recent CBS tease has dropped a major hint in that 'a bug crawls into the ear of and causes pain for one of the survivors'.
Then, Medic Aaron shows up and pries the bug loose.

Does it effect her longevity?

Well, if the boot story is within the tease, then yes.

Medic Aaron also visits a camp, at night. (Brightened to see back ground)

He has a bit of a consultation with JP, and while his ACTUAL "medical" decision is NOT revealed...

... someone appears to be getting ON the quit boat...

My thought...
Jason. Kyle. Sarg. We have yet to learn what name he will actually use during the game. Other than CBS has been using Jason.
If it's an indicator AT ALL (CBS is using his last name) it makes me believe JP will use his last name, which would seem to hint that JP has a bit of a "character crush" on Mr. Kyle "Sarg" Jason.

Jason has a VERY noticeable tank-top tan-line.

He also has bloodied bandages on his shoulders.

I tried my darndest to find a level of brightness/contrast/color level that would BEST highlight why I think it is Jason.
ala...

I see the bandage on his right shoulder, I also see the noticeable tank-top tan line on his back. What I don't see is his boxer shorts, nor his actual tank-top. This most likely happens after bathing suits are delivered anyways but I also don't seem to see and tat's. So...
Well? Maybe?

On any hand, whether or not Medic Aaron actually says the male castaway needs to be removed or not... If there are indeed three med-evacs this season, this 'quit-boat' situation looks likely to be one of them.

Meanwhile, Medic Carl is visiting Totang and sees someone there. It seems he's there to investigate the leg injury that is becoming infected.
The shorts are what will ultimately give it away for us as to who it is.
For the close-up...

Don't mean to place the wound in such a light BUT, the shorts are what we're looking at.
Those shorts are blue/turquoise/peach/white and appear to be of synthetic material.

Currently, no one's shorts match those.
Including Tai's blue/white/red cotton shorts...

Sorry, FP.

So... that suggests that THAT medical visit is not until AFTER bathing suits are given out. (Circa episode 3?)
And BOTH Darnell and Tai or even Peter could be our suspect with the leg injury.

The Med Evac

All this hulabuloo happens at a challenge. Noticed because of the abundant shots of challenge equipment throughout and the fact that some players seem to be still in motion as JP calls for the Med-Evac.

Here are my thoughts on the progression.
Someone, or multiple people, fall due to heat and exhaustion at a challenge.
Medic Bruno and Medic Aaron arrive at the site, (while Tai and Julia look on) with their briefcase of equipment. (Initially taking his blood pressure readings and asking him questions).
Medic Dave arrives and with him brings a small crew of assistants. Carrying in the SEG Chest, with the IV materials.
JP leans down to calm the victim. (Which I'm pretty sure is just Caleb.) Medic Aaron and Medic Bruno administering to the patient and Medic Dave holding the bag.

A bit of image play... closeups and color flourishes to play with the eye

Aaron's hair matches up almost perfectly as Medic Bruno leans out from behind Medic Aaron.
The SEG-chest is being carried in, and then is open lidded behind JP as he leans over the patient.
Medic Dave is most likely the one holding the IV bag and the line is visible hanging down.

The "High" Blood Pressure reading.
A gloveless Medic Carlos inserts the catheter into the patient. While Medic Aaron looms in the upper right corner.
The shade has now been put up, the IV line visible. Medic Bruno appears to be opening/checking it. While Julia, another female and another person look upon the scene.

JP calls for the end of the challenge.
The Evacuation Copter arrives.
Assistants get the stretcher (from the chopper) and bring it to the patient.

Defintely a Med-Evac.
There may be multiple exhaustion sufferers, but Caleb will be the Med-Evac. IV bags, med-evac choppers, stretchers, these are all things that difinitively point to "Out of the Game" prior to TC.

While all of this points to The Quit Boat (Jason) and The Challenge Med-Evac (Caleb) as 2 of the 3 evacuations, there is still the third.
All people mentioned before are suspect: Jennifer and her earworm, Joe and his exhaustion, Aubry and her looks of disdain, whomever of Peter, Tai or Darnell and their festering wound.

Considering MB's words carefully..."we had three evacuations, the most ever in a season. It was the humidity, cuts, people getting infected and then trying so hard on the challenges."
To me, this excludes Jennifer and Aubry. Joe could be down because of exhaustion. But I'm thinking the leg wound is our third med-evac.

Now I just gotta hit 'post message'.

Do it.

Hit it...

02-04-16, 05:47 PM (EST)
16. "RE: .02 on 3 evacs"
LAST EDITED ON 02-05-16 AT 09:42 AM (EST)

Thanks for hitting the "post message" button, Tribe! I have been waiting for someone to chew the proverbial phat with me!

You, with your skills at enlarging and color coding, etc, often make great points. I have a few counter points, as well as a few, YES!!! I agree with you, points.

I'll follow your post.

First of all, as you note, Medic A, Aaron, is at most of the scenes. I believe that he is this seasons doctor, perhaps?

I am totally with you regarding the other medics, and the stretcher crew. I am also with you regarding Joe and Jennifer.

I can see how we can be fooled with the buff that Aubrey has on in her hair.

But, here is the Totang buff:

And, here is the brains buff:

You can see that there is an appreciable amount of red, especially on the Survivor logo part of the blue buff. I think that Aubrey is indeed sporting the Brains Blue buff when she is seeing the medic there...

I totally agree, now that you zoom in on it, that that is Kyle/Jason sitting with Scot and Cydney on the beach when medic C, Carl, and Jiffy arrive! WELL DONE! Cydney is doing Kyle/Jason's hair! Carl could be accompanying Aaron, who could be farther up the beach, and they could be there to examine Jennifer? I dunno...Kyle/Jason is wearing his red tank top, and Cydney is wearing her maroon bra. It appears to me that they are coming to examine someone else on their tribe...since they are all together that leaves one of Jennifer, Alicia, or Darnell? Unless, they've swapped at this point?

GREAT JOB, you are right, Tribe, those are NOT Tai's shorts/bathing suit with the leg wound and Carl, medic C. I agree it could be Peter or Tai, but I think that person does not look as dark as Darnell is. I could be wrong, but for me, I think it's more likely to be either Peter, Tai, or even perhaps Joe? Still not definitive.

Now, regarding the medics coming at night in the boat with Probst. I agree with all of your observations regarding everyone there. I have always thought that person was Kyle/Jason. We hear Jiffy ask Aaron, who I think is the Doctor, Probst <talking to Medic>: You are pulling him from the game?. Jiffy is repeating most likely what the Medic just told him, he's getting confirmation, so I think that the medic is pulling a "him" from the game. But, I am not sold on it being Kyle/Jason. Clearly, Kyle has a very bad sunburn on his shoulders, we can see that. But, I take that picture of Kyle/Jason going to the boat with the back board, as him going to help the medics...? It looks as though he's retrieving the back board from them to bring to shore to transport the person to be evacuated, or ETA after seeing the previews in motion, it appears that he's helping out by returning the back board that is not needed?

I am not convinced at this point that HE is the evacuee? But, I am open to it later if we get more vidcaps to support it.

Now, for the challenge where we agree that Caleb goes down and gets an IV. The same challenge that Jiffy calls for the chopper to come for an evacuation. I think that there are multiple people going down at the same challenge, we see Caleb and the IV, and we also get verbiage from a girl that is down...I agree that all of those shots could be surrounding Caleb, but there could be another girl down as well that is bad. I agree, someone is out of the game, clearly, and most likely it is indeed Caleb.

I agree that the person getting evacuated at night is one, the next is the challenge and third is most likely the leg wound....

02-05-16, 03:52 AM (EST)
17. "RE: .02 on 3 evacs"
I agree that the person getting evacuated at night is one, the next is the challenge and third is most likely the leg wound....

And I stand now closer to your calls, than I do to mine. Nice to know I'm not totescraycray.

Phew! I'm no longer clogged up!

02-09-16, 10:08 AM (EST)
18. "Nick?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-09-16 AT 10:14 AM (EST)

I found this in another thread posted here at Blows, the pre-game vidcaps thread... so I think it's okay to post here. This is total speculation, but since it could be something that could potentially lead to removal from the game, I thought I should add it to this thread. We really need to find the date these pics were posted or when he had the surgery though.

This is a pic of Nick having surgery, presumably post game. He had a R knee Arthroscopic Meniscectomy. I can tell by noting the 2 arthroscopic pictures at the bottom left of the frame. The picture on the left is before, you can see his shredded meniscus, then on the right it's been shaved.

This injury certainly could have happened on the show. It's painful and could have caused him to want to be removed. It would have been very painful for him to squat....Or, it could have happened after the show at any time. So, this is food for thought.

Sheldor 914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-09-16, 07:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheldor Click to send private message to Sheldor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Nick?"
That image is from Nick Maiorano's Instagram Feed

http://www.instagram.com/p/6gYdl2CPvC/?taken-by=nicholasmaiorano

If you hover over the date (currently says 25W as in 25 Weeks ago) it displays: Aug 17, 2015

However, Aug 17, 2015 is just the date that the collage photo was posted to Nick's Instagram Feed. No way to get date/time stamps from the photos put into that collage.

02-10-16, 09:40 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Nick?"
Thanks so much, Sheldor. Chances are if it was posted to his instagram feed around Aug 17th than he most likely had the surgery then. I mean if I had surgery in Aug, I wouldn't post a pic like that in Dec? Usually you post current pics on instagram. Regardless, the show ended on May 7.

If Nick tore his meniscus while on the show and it was so painful he had to be removed, I can't really see him waiting until August to get it repaired. So, I am thinking this injury either didn't occur on the show, or if it did occur on the show, it wasn't enough to have him removed from the game.

RIP

02-10-16, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Nick?"
I tore my meniscus last February but I had to jump through a bunch of hoops before I could have surgery: a regimen of prescription anti-inflammatory drugs, 2 rounds of P.T. and then a cortisone shot. I finally had surgery in October. I found with my tear that the pain got worse the more I did so I could've toughed out a challenge and then rested it. However I was able to take a lot of ibuprofen when I was active; Nick wouldn't have that luxury!

02-10-16, 02:29 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Nick?"
The Season starts on March 30 ~ Day 1 according to TDT's calendar. So, CTGirl, do you think that it's feasible to think that if he tore his meniscus between March 30 - May 4, that he could have indeed had surgery for it as far out as August, then? More food for thought....

I know you cannot speak for all people with meniscus tears, but is it an injury that one could live with through a season of Survivor with all of the challenges? Or, could this injury, if it occurred during shooting, be a reason to be expelled from the game?

RIP

02-10-16, 04:08 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Nick?"
I don't know how bad my tear was on the scale of meniscus tears but if I was motivated to do so, yes I could have toughed it out. Remember Abi Maria lived with a knee injury that was probably worse than a meniscus tear in the Philippines (although she was lucky she could sit out many challenges). I don't think you would be evacuated. I had a friend who ran a marathon with a torn meniscus and a lot of people don't have to have surgery at all; it can be handled by strengthening the muscles around the knee or with cortisone shots.

Timing wise, I think Nick could've gotten the injury in Cambodia and had surgery in August.

02-16-16, 10:01 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Nick?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-16-16 AT 05:57 PM (EST)

After watching the first 5 minutes of the show, thanks People.com, I now believe that perhaps Scot could injure Nick. He quotes: I was the guy that did what nobody else wanted to do. I could go knock people on the ground, (As Scot is saying I could go knock people on the ground, I'd push people out of the way, you see the image of Nick sitting behind him, as if foreshadowing that he will knock Nick and push him.)

Scot continues: Id push people out of the way, and I did it better than most guys. People I am going to get along with are guys that are strong, see Darnell then Kyle, and if you show weakness, SEE ALICIA, "Bye bye!".

With that excerpt, it foreshadows that Scot and Nick will butt heads physically, and let's face it, Scot is a giant as well as an ex-professional athlete. This match up scares me. If Nick escapes with only a torn meniscus, he did WELL!

Regarding Abi-Maria's knee injury....she tore her ACL, which I have done in the past as well. It hurts a lot in the beginning but actually feels better using it right away. And, you don't need your ACL for your rotary movement of your leg, so you can live without a repair. You are able to run, walk, bike, swim, etc. It's just when you do lateral pivoting that it's unstable, so as an athlete, or in an athletic competition it would be difficult.

I am feeling as if Nick tears his meniscus in this season that he will not require leaving the show. But, remember Missy in B vs WII? She hurt her knee at the final hour, wonder what she did to it?

If Nick goes out as one of the medical evacuations, it will be so disheartening. Why do they constantly have contests that are so physical with each other....I hate that they have extreme odds as well....ugh. We'll see.

RIP

02-16-16, 06:56 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Nick?"
Missy sprained her ankle badly.

02-15-16, 10:55 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Medical Evacuations..."
LAST EDITED ON 02-16-16 AT 09:45 AM (EST)

With this:

I think the leg wound could possibly be Joe. Other possibilities: Peter, Tai. That is Joe's leg with all the bug bites on it. Clearly, he lasts beyond the first couple of episodes.

02-17-16, 11:03 AM (EST)
27. "Episode 4"
Jiffy spoiled that episode 4 will be a memorable episode.

will see one of the most compelling episodes weve ever done, truly in terms of being really scary. We break the walls down and let you see the truth, see what really happens when chaos strikes, and you will also be reminded that we are really good in emergency situations and that people are safe on survivor and its an episode you will definitely remember...

Clearly, the medical evacuations will begin after a very difficult and physical challenge under very hard conditions. This is most likely when Caleb is removed from the game, and also, 2 other people go down at the same time. Another female, may also have to be removed at this time. So, we now know that Caleb, Tai, Julia all make it to Episode 4....and Tai is still wearing his yellow buff....

02-19-16, 00:02 AM (EST)
28. "Leg Infection = Tai"
Proof is in the thumb...

My bet is that it happens during the following challenge...

Which is NOT ep 2.

02-19-16, 09:52 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Leg Infection = Tai"
Great job, Tribe! Excellent observations! WoooHooooo!

You did it!

02-19-16, 08:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheldor Click to send private message to Sheldor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Leg Infection = Tai"
Great vidcap analysis Tribephyl

However...

My bet is that it happens during the following challenge...

Which is NOT ep 2.

This is the last part of the Episode 2 Immunity Challenge before they put the log into Y forks in order to unwrap the rope which I think is attached to a ball they need to use in the huge sling shot.

Here is a screen capture from the preview video for Episode 2

02-22-16, 12:26 PM (EST)
31. "Cleaning up..."
LAST EDITED ON 02-22-16 AT 12:34 PM (EST)

TDT noted this:

Clearly, you can see that the hair and buffs are placed almost identically, so I agree with TDT, I think that Aubry and Jenny were seen by medical on day 1. (An article in the press also confirms that medical did indeed treat Jenny with medicine in her ear to rouse the bug out).

So, we can check OFF these medical visits, and pics:

And, I am suspect about this picture too...

While medical was visiting Aubry, and we didn't see it, the same guy could have checked out Joe as well, and we didn't see it. So, I don't think we can confirm Joe's longevity on this picture, because it could happen and not make the final edit of the show. Food for thought.

Yet to come: Arriving on Brawn beach with Jiffy in tow...

Thanks to Tribe for solving this mystery, we know the leg wound/Tai makes it past ep 4...

And, then Jason's shoulders/sunburn...(I believe this is still future because Jason, as far as I can tell has NOT removed his ear gauges at all yet. In the pic below, they are out...)

And, finally all the pics of the challenge where multiple people go down...Caleb, girl?

Then, as I was perusing the vidcaps, I came across this photo again...

I was on board with that being Jason. But, I really don't know. The more I look at it, the more I question it. Wouldn't we see the plaid in his shirt? And, I think Jason's hair is longer....it is straight.

When I look at that picture, I think that guy getting or returning the backboard could be this guy....

One of the medics? I just don't want to definitively say it's a player....? It's that he's wearing something on his head, either a buff or a head band. If it's a buff, he's most likely a player. I think it looks most like Jason, but I think we would see his plaid shirt? That shirt looks solid....?

02-22-16, 12:38 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Cleaning up..."
LAST EDITED ON 02-22-16 AT 01:00 PM (EST)

I think you're right, that is the medic. That is either a sweat band, or (more likely, IMO) a head light. It just doesn't look like a buff.

Can't rule out Jason completely, but the hair length and the lack of a pattern on the shirt is a strong indicator that that is a Medic. Besides, wouldn't the Survivors be kept off to the side during the visit, and wouldn't the Med. personnel be more likely to be handling that stretcher board?

PepeLePew13 25841 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-16, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Cleaning up..."
I'd tend to agree that usually the Survivors would be off to the side and let the medical team handle the stretcher board, but as the below example shows, we've seen the likes of Shane and Courtney helping out with the stretcher board. I also seem to remember for some reason a contestant who was a doctor in real life helping carry out another evacuee in another season (couldn't be Mick in Samoa, hmm).

http://funny115.com/v2/20.htm

Either way, I'd think that, even if they aren't allowed to carry the stretcher board this time out, some of them would be right out there on the water to bid farewell to the evacuee so I'd be watching to see if there's anyone doing a photobomb in the background in future vidcaps.

02-22-16, 06:07 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Cleaning up..."
Yeah, you know, you're right. There have been instances like that now that you mention it.

In that picture, it just looks like the med. crew is loading their equipment into their boat after tending to one of the Survivors. I suppose that if Jason or any of the others had pitched in to help move their stuff, the med. crew probably wouldn't have said no.

It seems odd to me that a professional cameraman would miss his aperture setting so badly, even in dim lighting.

02-22-16, 01:32 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Cleaning up..."
LAST EDITED ON 02-22-16 AT 01:33 PM (EST)

It looks more like Neal than Jason to me. But I agree, I think it's a medic.

ETA: Nevermind, it can't be Neal. I don't think the Brawn beach is used after the tribe swap.

02-22-16, 07:19 PM (EST)
36. "Observations"
Now that the tribes are settled in at their respective beaches, let's take a look at them:

Brains Beach/Camp:

Brawn Beach/Camp:

Beauty Beach/Camp:

You can see that the vegetation at the Brawn and Brains camps is thick. It's not spacious and open, as it is at Beauty tribe. You can see that it's lots of palm trees and sandy beach area at the Beauty tribe.

Now look at the Medic that is examining the wound...."The infection can destroy it in a matter of hours"...

Clearly, that is at the beauty beach/camp. And, as Tribe noted, he's most likely talking about Tai's leg wound...

Then, here is the doc when he arrives with Jiffy at night, and we hear Jiffy say, "You are pulling him from the game?"

Note the vegetation in the background....a stump and a fallen tree....which beach/camp area does this most resemble? I'm inclined to think that could be beauty's beach/camp area?

RIP

PepeLePew13 25841 desperate attention whore postings

02-22-16, 08:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Observations"
There hasn't been any hints about Anna being a medievac from what I've seen so far, but if you look at the closeup vidcap of Anna above, you can see some pretty nasty looking cuts on her left thigh and right knee.

Might be nothing, but worth filing away as a potential for getting worse (i.e. infected) as time goes by.

02-22-16, 09:10 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Observations"
Yes, good eyes, Pepe. She's all scratched up! Ouch!

02-26-16, 05:11 PM (EST)
39. "Confirmation..."
So, one medical evacuation will be Caleb, episode 4, at a challenge
*Two other people suspected of going down in the same episode 4 challenge
*Possibly 2 medical evacuations in episode 4.

Most likely medical evacuation from the infected wound, as Tribe noted, it's Tai. Confirmation with the thumbnail, and now with his bathing suit...

02-26-16, 06:48 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Confirmation..."
LAST EDITED ON 02-26-16 AT 06:48 PM (EST)

And I guess it's obvious that Tai's wound will come (or has already come) from climbing to get the HI? So obvious that it hardly warrants mentioning?

So I won't mention it.

03-04-16, 09:04 AM (EST)
41. "Another person down at another challenge? "
LAST EDITED ON 03-04-16 AT 09:07 AM (EST)

I have to say, I wonder if there will be another challenge ahead where they go down as well....

Look at the next 2 pics:

Here are some from this episode, 4: See Peter is down, and we see that Anna is wearing her bathing suit bottoms.

Anna is behind Jiffy.
Here are the beauty tribe as they arrived on their mat, Anna and Julia are NOT wearing their jean shorts....

Then, here is this picture, from episode 4.....see the guy with the yellow top and the dark blue plaid shorts...

Here he is in the shot that gets the whole scene, he's off to the left side...

Then, note the guy in the turquoise blue t-shirt with khaki shorts and hat, I think that is this guy with the medical supplies here...

Also, these pics are surely from episode 4, we can see Anna and Tai in the background...

So, what about this picture, we got this in the pre-game vidcaps....

Anna in her jean shorts, and Peter standing behind her...and, I really think that is Aubry off to the left. That medic has started an IV, and they are under the umbrella for shade. So, the question is, does someone else down the road go down at another challenge and require IV hydration?

Those sure look like Survivors to me standing behind the medic adjusting the IV flow rate...what do you think?

I suppose it could be later after they have stabilized Caleb, and Peter is feeling better, and they are just saying good bye before he goes....would Anna have put on her jean shorts then?

03-08-16, 02:57 AM (EST)
42. "RE: Another person down at another challenge? "
The ragged cut off blue jeans shorts are definitely not Anna's as her shorts are hemmed.

This could be Julia's cut off jeans shorts but I also think Julia's shorts look just a bit different in color and details. It sort of looks like this person could be wearing blue jeans cut off "skorts"

Episode 1 Julia and Anna both wearing blue jeans shorts

Also Peter was down before next to Debbie. Does he recover enough to be standing around with Aubry looking over Caleb on the Beauty tribe? I'm leaning toward this is a different day than Episode 4.

03-08-16, 11:01 AM (EST)
43. "RE: Another person down at another challenge? "
Glad for your input, Sheldor. Good observation regarding Anna's shorts. But, I really think they look like Anna's legs, definitely not Julia's legs. Could Anna be wearing Julia's shorts here? Also, I do feel pretty confident that those are Aubry's and Peter's legs standing behind there as well.

If this is NOT episode 4, then there will be another future challenge where someone goes down and requires another IV.....another medi-vac to come at a challenge?

if Anna is wearing Julia's jeans, is Julia possibly out of the show, by this point?

I also think that Neal is in that picture as well, can see his gray trunks behind the medics neck...

03-09-16, 03:52 AM (EST)
44. "RE: Another person down at another challenge? "
It is also possible someone from production/medical is wearing those cut off blue jeans. However I do agree it looks more like Anna's legs than Julia's legs but definitely not Anna's shorts.

We see Anna in her bathing suit bottom when she is fanning Tai

So seems doubtful she would put on Julia's shorts here.

Also, not very important but looking through these photos I noticed that Jeff has on a Dark Blue shirt with Orange Survivor hat in this scene:

A hat with palm trees and a light colored shirt in this night shot

And a VERY CLEAN Orange Survivor hat with Light Blue shirt in this scene which appears to match his outfit for the Episode 4 Reward Challenge

03-09-16, 11:35 AM (EST)
45. "RE: Another person down at another challenge? "
These two shots are from episode 4, imo...

Here are the two leg shots. The legs on the right are definitely Anna's. I have to say that I would be shocked if the person on the left, who is possibly wearing Julia's shorts, is NOT Anna. I think the shape of their thighs and knees are consistent. I think it is Anna in both shots, fwiw.

03-10-16, 07:16 PM (EST)
46. "RE: Medical Evacuations..."
I want to throw this out here in case Redmond was wrong about the number of evacs from the game. He got conflicting info in the beginning.

Liz was airlifted to Phnom Penh to have surgery to cut out three staph infections. They discovered them in her post-boot physical. (That is why she didn't film a "Day After" video.) She then went home to have plastic surgery. Here are pictures that she posted. WARNING: very graphic if you are squeamish about that kind of thing!! I really hope that she is the 3rd evac they talked about. To have 4 evacs in one season is too much!

Also Caleb was in the hospital for 5-6 days and then they sent him home to recover since Ponderosa didn't have air conditioning. It took him 6 months to fully recover where he could go outside without sunglasses or do any kind of exertion! He really pushed it to the edge before he collapsed!

03-10-16, 08:07 PM (EST)
47. "RE: Medical Evacuations..."
LAST EDITED ON 03-10-16 AT 08:10 PM (EST)

Wow. Shoulder, back, and knee.

That surgeon wasn't shy about removing meat. Especially from her shoulder. And I guess she owed a debt of gratitude to the meatballs that voted her out.

I'm wondering about the rest of the tribes. There's been a lot of wounds incurred. Which could be the reason for the rest of the evacs.

03-10-16, 09:18 PM (EST)
48. "RE: Medical Evacuations..."
Wow, very impressive indeed! Must have been a very virulent strain. Glad she escaped with just scars!

Mark Burnett was the one that noted there were 3 evacuations....fwiw!

03-12-16, 09:34 AM (EST)
49. "RE: Medical Evacuations..."
From Caleb's RTVW et.al. interviews, we learn that he was restricted from going out into the sun and heat for a period of time, and didn't completely recover for 5-6 months.

But the other heat stroke victims continued to play the game. In the sun and heat.

This may very well be the cause of any subsequent med-evacs, and Debbie and Cydney are the prime candidates. Of course, just about every one there suffered a little heat stroke, so those effects could linger for all of them. (Except the bench sitters, I guess.)

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •