The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S31|Episode 12| SOTS: State of the Spoiling"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

michel2 1293 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

12-01-15, 07:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S31|Episode 12| SOTS: State of the Spoiling"
LAST EDITED ON 12-02-15 AT 06:00 PM (EST)

Episode 12
"Tiny Little Shanks to the Heart"
Or
“It’s all Fun and Games until someone gets Hurt

1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10! Ready or not, here I come!

Where are you hiding? I will find you. There are not many of us left to play this game but that won’t stop me. Maybe I’ll spot a lurker or two!

While I’m looking for you all, let me tell you a little story. The Title of the story is “Tiny Little Shanks to the Heart” and it was brought to us by Tribephyl along with some tweets and teases for our amusement. Ha! Ha! I found you, Tribe.

It’s a story of fun and games that doesn’t end well.

But first...We had a very long winded story last week and it was all about karma. If all that turkey and stuffing have clogged your memory then you can have a fun look back at the episode in FlowerPower’s East Coast Spoiling Thread. There you are, my dear. Nice Hiding place. So nice in fact that there are a few more hiding here: I see Pepe, Mr Lepew himself and my favorite Girl from CT. Another version of that episode can be found in the Characters and their Stories thread where I spotted Suzzee, Jims, Georgianna, Outsider, Kingfish, Rembrandt and our old friend TV. FP also kept a statistical analysis of the episodes in the confessional tracker thread.

If you want a shorter recap, I’ll say that Spencer wanted to get rid of Stephen. Jeremy hated the idea because he had seen enough of Ciera. They asked Joe for his opinion but he wanted to see both gone. Looking to make everyone happy, SeeBS managed to get rid of both. Of course that upset everyone instead. Jeremy was really unhappy because he was forced to give one of his immunity idols to Kelley.

Now that most of the gang is here, we can get back to our story: First, we open Tribephil’s thread and look at all the nice pictures. They can be found here. This is also where we find Sheldor, our timing expert, and Coldbrewer. By the way, I’d like a cold one please, if you don’t mind.

The post show promo told us the following:
Probst: Next time on Survivor...

Probst at the start of the RC: Today we brought your love to you.
Probst: Family brings everyone's spirits up.

Keith: I'm ready.

So we will have the family visit which will make Joe particularly happy.

FP tells us who comes to visit. She wrote: “Val is here! Looks like Abi's mom, Dale for Kelley, Joe's mom, Tasha's sister or mom, Spencer's girlfriend (wonder if he will tell her he loves her now???) We don't see who is for Keith, I would bet that they bring back Wesley, or would it be his wife, and we don't see who is for Kimmi? Mom or Dad? I don't think Kimmi's kids are old enough?

They will have to compete in a challenge and Tribe was nice enough to give us a graphic description:

”This particular Reward challenge had high stakes for the castaways because the winner would walk away with well-needed time with a loved one.
Players had to dig through the sand for a rope connected to multiple bags, which they needed to gather and take with them to the next part of the challenge. There, the castaways had to spin around a post approximately 30 times before gaining access to yet another bag they had to carry across a balance beam, before reaching the end, where they'd have to assemble lettered blocks and spell out a specific word.
Originally, there were tables holding the puzzle pieces but, this time, they were swapped for trays because they were less obstructive.

At first I thought the challenge would involve jumping as high as you could...

...I was ready to give the victory to Kelley but that’s not it at all. FP seems to think this challenge is meant for Joe but we have a vidcap telling that this guy wins and gets to spend time with his whole family and not just one Loved One:

(I wonder if they’ll overstay their welcome. Don’t you hate when that happens? Unless you’re the type that stays longer than you should... Who was it that said family visits are a lot like fish: It’s nice to have once in a while but it stinks after a few days. By the way, I hope you had a nice thanksgiving!)

Here are some images from the press that tell us a bit more about the reward. These pictures were posted by Redmond and linked by Squidproquo

We see the visitors:

Top: Kimmi's Husband, Joe's dad, Dale
Bottom: Abi's mom, Keith's wife, Tasha's mom, Val, Spence's GF.

The next picture may be telling us that FP is right:

Joe's dad, Abi's mom, Dale and Kimmi's husband walk back to camp and Joe seems to be the center of attention.

(If he left Tasha and Jeremy alone with Spencer then Joe is dumb.)

Ok, so the next 15 minutes of the show will be spent on watching the loved ones monkeying around at a Bar-B-Q. Jiffy will shed a tear or two (along with a few of our own peeps, n’est-ce pas, FP? )

Maybe something fun will happen. We could see a few players getting upset that they weren’t selected. Maybe we’ll see a visitor strategizing in place of his castaway who wasn’t bright enough to make deals on his own. Something interesting happened maybe three or four times in 31 seasons so I doubt that it will be anything more than the usual hugs and kisses.

Next, we will have the IC where players are instructed to throw statues at each other.

Here is Tasha's statue being dropped on someone.

That’s a pretty new one for me. If that wasn’t enough, we see that Jiffy intervenes: He gets his bodyguard to jump on a player that has fallen down.

The big guy keeps the poor player pinned to the ground while Jiffy gives him the business.

Then, Jiffy even uses torture devices to get that player to submit.

From the looks of it, everyone agrees that it’s Joe that has fallen inside the light green corral and is getting beaten up.

What kind of game is this? What does Jiffy have against Joe? Good questions... I think Jiffy must be pretty jealous of the golden boy. In the old days, Jiff was the one that got the cute girls like Julie but he doesn’t stand a chance with Joe around so he’s taking it out on him.

So, with Joe TKO for this challenge, who wins? Jeremy hasn’t been targeted by anyone else so why would this be different? If no one throws a statue at Jeremy, he should be able to stand there and win. That’s what most people think anyway.

So now, we’ll get back to camp, everyone will congratulate Jeremy, they will bandage their wounds, console Joe and then they’ll start to play a game that I call Clue-Chess.
Here is the game situation:

After the last episode, Jeremy, Bayon’s king, is more or less isolated in the Kitchen. He could be the next target because his allies are not in very strong position.

Kimmi, his rook, may be shielding him for now by protecting his flank but that back row is weak.

There’s another rook close by in the library but don’t be fooled, that’s just Uncle Camerman but he’s busy and doesn’t come into play.

Tasha, Jeremy’s Queen, is off in the study, threatening to finally take Abi, the Takeo pawn, out of the game but why waste a move one a little pawn?

Quite menacing and already in Jeremy’s Kitchen, is Kelley, the Takeo Queen. She has an idol and she may use it to protect Joe, the Takeo King that doesn’t look vulnerable anymore but who knows in this crazy game?

Keith, a Rook in the Takeo camp is protecting Joe.

Spencer, the Takeo Bishop, is in the Library and he has some interesting diagonals open to him.

It is Takeo’s move. What will they do? What is their best move? I see a checkmate on Jeremy in three moves if Takeo plays it right. Do you see it? Here’s what they should do:

Spencer goes to the Kitchen, pretending to be Jeremy’s friend once more.

Unsuspecting, Jeremy doesn’t play his idol and goes along with Tasha who targets Abi this way.

If that’s what they do then the checkmate would follow with Kelley making the deadly move:

And Jeremy can go home to give his idol to Val.

But will they do that? What if Spencer flips the board? What if he and Keith change color? Have you ever seen that in real chess?! Well, if Spencer and Keith decide to vote with Jeremy then Joe is already under check! He wouldn’t be able to survive Spencer’s next move.

Well, after all the scrambling, we will be heading out to Tribal Council. There the players will be presented with a new game called Plinko.

While they talk to Jiffy...

trying to avoid his probing questions because the game is afoot...

...the outcome is being decided and someone will see their hopes crushed.

So, in summary, we will have the family visit. Either a monkey or Joe will probably win it. If it's Joe then maybe his choice of person to share it with will irritate some of the others, they will get back to camp angry so when Joe loses immunity, they waste a glorious opportunity to get rid of the biggest jury threat' Jeremy, and boot Joe instead.

Enjoy the episode and don’t forget to vote in CTGirl’s thread which can be found here .

ETA. CTGirl added some new info below. I'll make other edits to this thread if something big is revealed.

ETA again a link of a couple of pics from the reward

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S31|Episode 12| SOTS: State of ... CTgirl 12-01-15 1
 Better late than never...CBS CTgirl 12-01-15 2
   RE: Better late than never...CBS michel2 12-01-15 3
 Home Run Flowerpower1 12-01-15 4
   RE: Home Run michel2 12-02-15 11
 Amazing Dusty2004 12-02-15 5
   RE: Amazing michel2 12-02-15 10
 5 star SOTS Michel! suzzee 12-02-15 6
   RE: 5 star SOTS Michel! michel2 12-02-15 9
 4 Diamond SOTS tribephyl 12-02-15 7
   RE: 4 Diamond SOTS michel2 12-02-15 8
 RE: S31|Episode 12| SOTS: State of ... Georganna 12-02-15 12
   RE: S31|Episode 12| SOTS: State of ... tribephyl 12-02-15 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

CTgirl 7586 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-01-15, 08:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: S31|Episode 12| SOTS: State of the Spoiling"
Awesome, awesome SOTS Michel! I love the chess and Plinko graphics. What a way to make the SOTS interesting without much info to go on!

Ben Franklin was the one who made the quote about company and fish stinking after 3 days.

Off to start the voting thread..

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

CTgirl 7586 desperate attention whore postings

12-01-15, 08:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Better late than never...CBS"
EMOTIONS RUN DEEP WHEN LOVED ONES VISIT THE ISLAND, ON “SURVIVOR," WEDNESDAY, DEC. 2
“Tiny Little Shanks To The Heart” – Emotions run deep when loved ones visit the island, and a desperate reward challenge leaves castaways’ heads spinning. Also, exhaustion takes a serious toll on one castaway in the middle of an immunity battle.

CHEAT TWEET: Ready for tears & a surprise? Emotions run deep when loved ones visit the island.

Who needs CBS? You pegged it already without the clues!! I'm always suspicious when the press release is so late. So I wonder if Jeremy could idol out Joe instead of a straight up vote out.

Thanks again Michel!

12-01-15, 09:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Better late than never...CBS"
Thank you for the kind words and the additional info, CTGirl.

Flowerpower1 1218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-01-15, 09:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower1 Click to send private message to Flowerpower1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Home Run"
Well, I have to admit, it wasn't quite as good as your BOWIE SOTS, but it was second best! Great job, michel. I can't wait to see the family visit and especially Jeremy and Val! If Joe wins immunity and Jeremy doesn't get to spend extra time with Val, I could see him wanting Joe out more than ever. We all saw Jeremy's face last episode when Stephen picked Tasha to go first with him on the reward!

Can't wait to see what the surprise is!

Great job and thanks so much <3

12-02-15, 05:39 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Home Run"
Thank you FP. I couldn't very well do a repeat, now could I? The merge tribe name "Merica" had inspired me to go with Bowie but there wasn't much to draw from Orkun...

Dusty2004 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

12-02-15, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dusty2004 Click to send private message to Dusty2004 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Amazing"
Michael:

I don't know what you do for a living but I can say I really enjoy reading what you write on here. You have such insight and understanding of what is going on.

Thank you. Thank You. THANK YOU!

Dusty

12-02-15, 05:37 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Amazing"
I'm glad you liked it, Dusty.

suzzee 5883 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-15, 11:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "5 star SOTS Michel!"
I thought hiding out in my Spy Shack in Florida for a couple of weeks would have not made it so easy to find me. Alas, it was turning the stereo up to 11 that did it.

What an entertaining SOTS this week. Very fun and since you've Plinkod my eye candy (and I have a feeling you are spot on too) I'll be boo hooing all night.

Thank you and fine work this week.

12-02-15, 05:35 PM (EST)
9. "RE: 5 star SOTS Michel!"
I can see for miles and miles and miles...

Thank you suzzee!

tribephyl 11780 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-15, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "4 Diamond SOTS"
LAST EDITED ON 12-02-15 AT 08:12 PM (EST)

ditto everything suzzee said minus the Florida thing. My Spy Shack is located in a basement in Wellesley, Mass., if you have to know.
Thanks for all you do, michel.
And in the spirit of giving, guess what...

I had some attic leftovers.

12-02-15, 05:34 PM (EST)
8. "RE: 4 Diamond SOTS"
LAST EDITED ON 12-02-15 AT 08:37 PM (EST)

Thank you, Tribe.

Georganna 644 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-02-15, 06:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georganna Click to send private message to Georganna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: S31|Episode 12| SOTS: State of the Spoiling"
Growing up, I could choose to learn and play (with the grown-ups) Poker, Canasta, Chess, Checkers, Bridge or Cribbage. And I learned to play them all save one.

But, I loved your SOTS anyway ...

Thank you,

G

tribephyl 11780 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-15, 08:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: S31|Episode 12| SOTS: State of the Spoiling"
Plinko?

I don't think there's much to learn about Plinko.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •